Y The Last Man on FX getting picked up for series

In the meantime, where the fuck is that Scalped TV Show?

How will they fuck it up, Sup Forums?
>Yorick is black

This was literally the most depressing comic I have ever read.

I wonder if they'll keep all the BAD ENDs or if they'll lighten it up for the mainstream audience

I think shows like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead have shown that people actually like BAD ENDS

>where the fuck is that Scalped TV Show?
Hopefully not happening. TV is terrible, why would you want perfectly good comics to be adapted to an inferior medium?

I wish comic shows still went to HBO.
I mean yeah FX will give it a bigger audience, and Y isn't the the most mature comic so it wouldn't lose much being censored.

But when it doesn't go to HBO I instantly know something about it will be censored or changed.
And it becomes a question of how MUCH is censored/changed.

Geoff johns was involved. He can write some good TV episodes. + scalped is such an interesting concept and setting that I'd die for a live action version to happen.

Somehow the thing that affected me most was Yorick's ex becoming lesbians with Yorick's goddamn sister of all people.

Will they plan for the series' length?

Like success or not will they make sure to keep a steady pace with signs of a planned ending, like how the comic is?
Cause if they try to rush shit cause "idk if we'll get more than one season" or "this is too short add some filler", Imma be dissapointed.

I don't remember much that would require censoring in Y The Last Man, and is not like it got picked by CW, they still can get away with lots of things.

>Geoff johns was involved
Scalped and Geoff Johns doesn't really seem like a particularity good combination.

>where the fuck is that Scalped TV Show?

Not trying to be cheeky here but are there enough American Indians live on the planet Earth for this to be possible?

>it wouldn't lose much being censored.

Y has tits, dicks and fucks all over the place. There's going to be a lot cut

Would Hollywood even accept a show where the Israelis are idiotic evil people?

how would you do the first episode?
Last Man on Earth where its just BAM no more men right away, or build up and all the men die halfway through or not until the end of the episode?

What's being cut, the show or the dicks

yes.

Watch something like Longmire (on Netflix), and you get a solid amount of Native actors in the series

Just adapt the first issue. Pad it out if necessary to reach the 40-minute mark.

Yorick is Trans

This has so many ways it can go wrong.
It was an absolute miracle that the comic was able to tell the story it did without resorting to being unfair to either sex the idea of lightning striking twice is very unlikely, I fully expect it to go full sjw.
I hope I am wrong though.

Are you kidding me?
Democrats hate Israel these days, I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason they picked up the show for adaptation.

How long til every comic property has been used up? Because all the big names are being used.

More like modern audiences are too dumb to realize bad things are going to happen.

I'm expecting that at best it will be a adaptation in the same way as I zombie or Lucifer where it has basically nothing in common with the source material other than a title and basic concept, At worst it will spit on the virtues of the comic and be an unabashed feminist show that makes men to be the source of all evil in the world.

Still have Sandman, Transmet and Maus. After that they get more obscure or recent.

The nice thing about the premise is that you would have to try really hard to make Men the source of all evil when all the antagonists will be women by necessity.

>How long til every comic property has been used up?

we've got a long way to go before that happens. And don't forget all the shows like Longmire that are based on novels

Aren't we getting Bomb Queen?

They'll make it in 2017.
Gender politics has gone full retard. It's too late to do this story.

I fucking hope not

They could just say that is that they are only doing that because of the aftereffects of the patriarchy or something.
Like I said that is the worst possible scenario but it certainly isn't impossible.
Expect it to trot out some bullshit feminist talking points like the gender pay gap regardless though.

>just read it from the Sup Forums storytime

That's pretty good timing.

No, that's Rat Queens.

>It turns out that having all men die creates a utopia! Yorick is hunted down, since he's the only threat to society.

So, what comics should be turned into shows?
Criminal would be good. Just keep it to a single season.
Sweet Tooth or Southern Bastards could also be fun.
... and yes, Scalped would be cool.

Remember how when the comic was made the sisters of the amazon were supposed to be a example of extremists?
Now they are just your average feminists.

The only moment of nudity that mattered was when that reporter wanted to expose Yorick, otherwise I can't remember any relevant stuff that wasn't just there because they could get away with it.

I dunno man, Southern Bastards is tied to the medium too much to adequately translate to a decent TV show.

Last of the Innocent is getting an adaptation :^)

Johns is only good at superheroes

that's not what picked up means

>Johns is not even good at superheroes
Fixed

Don't worry, DC just had 11 books at vertigo created so WB could make a show or movie out of them and Image is for tv and movie pilots

Anyway they're digging deep now. Tynion's The Woods has been optioned for a show IIRC

lol, I can imagine the tumblr shitstorm about them daring to assume that a man-free Earth wouldn't be an utopia.

And if they can get around that land mine, stay tuned for episode one being really good, 2-4 being sort of OK, and 5+ being unwatchable garbage.