Now that the dust has settled, what did i think of it?

now that the dust has settled, what did i think of it?

Tarantino isn't the genius he thinks he is

his best film after Death Proof

i'm not memeing
well Inglourious Basterds might be better, but only that one

Not a complete piece of shit like Inglorious Basterds but it’s alright. Probably a movie with he best women beating scenes in cinema history.

>He likes Death Proof

Go see a doctor

You think Tarantino should stick to feet and you hope he gets dragged in to the Weinstein investigation.

You really enjoyed the setting, characters, and shots. The bleak ending left a bit of a bad taste in your mouth, but you knew it was likely coming.

comfy kino

the first hour is probably the best hour he's ever done, but it becomes a slog once all the players come together at the cabin

Pretty accurate. On a recent rewatch I was having a great time all the way through and even though the ending is fine it does leave a bad taste like you say. It's not that everyone dies -- that's fine -- just that the hanging isn't as satisfying as Tarnatino wants it to be. But Lincoln letter somewhat makes up for it

Parts of it worked well, like Warren's dingus story. The sense of it being like a campfire story with everyone leaning in to listen was cool. But maybe the issue was that it was only one room. Might have added to the mystery/intrigue even if there was just a loft or something

>Death Proof is a good movie
Is this bait? Check your estrogen levels

>best film after Death Proof

So, uh, second to worst?

Death Proof sucked donkey balls. At least Robert Rodriguez knew he was making B-movie shit on his half of Grindhouse so he at least leaned into the goofy stupidity of it all.

It's my favourite Tarantino
>bleak ending
I didn't consider it very bleak to be honest. Whilst it's obviously bleak for the characters, it was nice seeing Jackson and Goggins set aside their differences to bring the bandits down.

It wasn't absolute dogshit like Inglorious Bastards. But was pretty fucking close to be.

also in b4 the faggot that hates narration starts posting

Really good, but not something you can come back to right away since the mystery/suspense aspect was such a big part of it.

>he thinks he is
what

this. The only times those movies are good is when they have a lot super subtle hints that you are like wtf how did I miss it so it's worth the rewatches

Well, unfortunately the biggest hint is Channing Tatum's name being in the opening credits.
I really don't see why it was there.

I forgot about him when I watched it in theaters. But it really doesn't spoil anything, just makes you curious as to how he'll be involved

My QT Ratings because I know nobody asked but IDGAF:

1. Jackie Brown
> most mature work he's done. Best character development

2. Kill Bill - 1 and 2
> flip-side argument of above: his most purely enjoyable cartoony movie

3. Inglorious Basterds
> WWII in Prog Rock form

4. Pulp Fiction
> automatic Film School 101 classic

5. Reservoir Dogs
> liberally riffs off of John Woo's 'City on Fire'

6. Django Unchained
> over an hour too long, sick of QT as actor

>7. The Hateful Eight
> first-draft script wanking so that Ennio Morricone could get a sympathy Oscar

>8. Death Proof
> crawled way up his own asshole to deliver some diligently hipster-level curated intentional trash

>I greentexted the last two because oops

Ummmmm the title is problematic

Yeah, it kind of felt gratuitous the long drawn out hanging, as if we were supposed to hate her character by that point. Maybe we were but I liked her.
It was just the combination of it being an implied ending where you don't actually see their fate, and that the implication was they died slowly and horribly.

Couldn't her brother have just shot up through the floorboards again instead of giving himself up? He had them at a complete disadvantage. Or did they have stone under them at the one side of the room where they were sitting?

Don't know what you thought of it, but me personally, I think it's the best Tarantula has done since Jackie Brown, but he can do better and keeps having some moments of pure brilliance in his films, prime example being the bar and the introduction scene in IB, also first two thirds of Hateful Eight (the final third is also good), but he seems like he doesn't give a shit because he knows countless of faggots will suck his dick regardless of the film's quality.

More and more proof that Sally Menke was the ones saving his work

I've rewatched it two Saturdays ago and loved it even more, since it has nice foreshadowing at the beginning that you pick up on more by knowing what's coming. One of the examples being SLJ telling to Kurt how he's asking for death by keeping that bitch alive. Chapter 5 could have been left out and it wouldn't change a thing, while improving the pacing.

>Chapter 5 could have been left out and it wouldn't change a thing, while improving the pacing.
True - but you also lose Zoe Bell acting cute

> liking Tarantino's most mature film when his main draw is his juvenile energy

Nothing of worth would be lost.

>He doesn't like Death Proof

Go see more movies

his le huge film nerd shtick wares off after a while and considering Jackie came after his ultimate masturbatory film, it was quite refreshing and surprising in a good way, too.

>his ultimate masturbatory film
that's Django Unchained

>John Woo's 'City on Fire'
Jesus, I can tell you've never seen City on Fire and are just repeating shit you heard. At least look up who made the fucking thing before you call it a ripoff.

>muh nigger lover
wrong, Pulp Fiction is much more self-indulgent.

second best tarantino flick after Reservour Dogs

Nope you got me. When I was writing I was thinking of Chow Yun-fat who was in it and in The Killer. Good catch

Sure you were.

it's alright. The narrated scene showing the poisoning is really stupid and unnecessary

It was unnecessary self-indulgence that ruined a great twist.

A bit too long for what it is and it has a couple of scenes that try a bit too hard. If you'd trim about 30 minutes off it, it would be much better flick,

You can either believe me or not. I'm not offering anything further

>Tarantula
We can do better than that, how about Tarnationo

It's Tarantinos pleb filter similar to the Kill Bill Vol 2

>Guy claims to be the new sheriff of a town without any kind of authorization or proof of claim
>Everbody believes him anyway

This movie was really dumb.

literally no one believed him what the fuck are you talking about?

Then why did Kurt Russel let him onto the coach?

>Tarnationo
It's Tarankino - nothing else

cause he blackmailed him into it, remember he told OB to tell everyone in town the new sheriff was left to freeze?

The speech about Justice v Frontier Justice is an absolute classic

Film was indulgent but wildly entertaining imo, v much enjoyed it

The trolling about Inglorious Basterds not being excellent is cute

That's not blackmail, he was doing some very dangerous bounty work when a stranger shows up with a fabricated claim which should've been easy to prove if he was the legitimate new sheriff.

Which is why the whole scene played out as it did you inbred moron.

Fucking ridiculous propaganda garbage. Legitimately bad.

The way it played out was stupid because he never should've been allowed into the coach when he was obviously lying, but they did because the writing is as dumb as yourself.

This. It was Niggers are badass propaganda

You have a peanut sized brain. You literally cannot think of a different way of things to play out. Its like your brain literally shutdown if things aren't done "the legal way"

I'm quite literally lmaoing at your existence, think about that for a second.

>I liked her

Why? Fucking loved the shock in that bitch's eyes when they final manage to kill her brother and his pack of trash.

how was it obvious he was lying? it wasnt even clear in the script if he was or not, QT literally told Goggings to decide if he was or not the sheriff and play the part according to how he wanted.

more like The Shitty Movie lmao

Honestly, the most satisfying moment for me was Samuel L. Jackson getting his rapist cock shot off.

SUCK THAT MANDINGO DICC WHITE BOI

its good, all except the whole jackson having the white guy suck him off, that was way too offputting. almost ruined the whole thing for me. but it turned around. i liked the twist

Because if he wasn't lying he could've just shown the paperwork that verifies he is the new sheriff and that would have removed all doubt. Instead Russel does something completely illogical because the plot needs it to happen.

I think it is Tarantino's best.

he could have been given the job by word of mouth and the paperwork was in red rock, you're really dense.

The part I loved is getting the nigger wounded. The fucker didn't even die he had the plot armor of fucking Harry Potter the entire movie.

Samuel always play the same le badass nigger that can't be harmed character, fucking hate it

Getting castrated is arguably a worse fate than getting killed, though.

Given the job by who? You think a government official who will name a sheriff doesn't have anything around to notarize? If you enjoy bad writing that's your prerogative, but not all of us can turn our brains off when people are acting irrational.

i hate this weird faggot and just about everything he does/says, save for maybe jackie brown

everything else is just stupid bullshit and equivalent to meme spewing, especially in the political cuck era of tarantino

Media tried to meme it as something special.

It wasn't.

Genuinely a vulgar tacky flat piece of shit.

The only one being irrational is your tiny little brain. He lived in Red Rock all his life, everyone knows him there. He didn't need no papers

>notarize
>in the wild west days

goddammit you're really shooting your argument in the foot everytime you keep trying.

And like always there it is.

>hurr I actually liked the poisoning rat-faced woman because of her vocal racism

Glad she gets her teeth busted in and hung slowly. Fucking stormcancer.

I just like the badass wild west bandit woman angle for one, and how unapologetic and cocky she was even as she was being beaten toward the gallows.

pulp fiction is kino though, he named the nigger

I wish I knew where you lived my friend, I would move there and claim to be the new sheriff and you're stupid enough to believe me.

Paper didn't even exist back then!

I like characters without plot armor. Thank you very much.

It was pretty good. Really did not need to be that fucking long though. It's probably his second worse movie but it's still pretty alright.

SLJ died in the end though, and relied on Goggins for help

brainlet

Russel was suppose to win and arrest everyone, any other ending is shit

Is any movie in which a woman or a non-white person defeats a white person just propaganda to you people? Shit, Jackson got shot in the balls and only survived because of a Confederates help.

>Is any movie in which a woman or a non-white person defeats a white person just propaganda to you people?
Nope, next question?

>Shit, Jackson got shot in the balls and only survived because of a Confederates help.
Nice leftist propaganda. We are all the same! Tear down the borders! Embrace multiculturalism!

Like I said, garbage propaganda.

why

Would have been a good movie if it wasn't so masturbatory. The Tarantino voice over was cringey and should not have been in the film, should have let the audience be surprised by the poison coffee instead of expecting it. The multiple long boring flashbacks should have been cut because they ruin all the mystery. The plot gets uncovered basically instantly, it's a who done it until Sam Jackson reveals himself to be the world's greatest detective and just tells the audience who the bed guy is. The Lincoln letter should have been revealed to be real at the end. Not everyone should have died, pretty stupid that Daisy was trying to make a deal for her freedom but everyone bleeds to death 10 minutes later anyway. The 30 minute coach ride at the start just gives info that was repeated again in the cabin so it's pointless, film should have started at the cabin.

Overall Tarantino's worst movie by far solely let down to fucking weird editing and Quentin fellating himself. Before Hateful 8 he was unironically one of my favourite directors, all his films entertained me. This was the one to make me think hes maybe a hack.