X-MEN: SUPERNOVA

Apparently, the next X-MEN movie is in stealth development and gearing up to begin filming in June for a 2018 release date.

Simon Kinberg is writing the script, Bryan Singer probably won't direct and all signs point to a new adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga set in the 1990's with the young cast from X-MEN: APOCALYPSE expected to return.

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/a-new-listing-may-have-uncovered-the-title-of-the-next-x-men-film-plus-a148016

nice get

Fox-Men confirmed stuck in shitty time loop

How soon til they tap the X-Men franchise dry?

>>But 50 years of-
Means nothing when most of X-Men just recycle the same storylines and only a handful of stuff is memorable. They already did Magneto several times, Stryker and his military/weapon X, Sentinels, Hellfire Club and Apocalypse. There is really not much else to do at this point.

If they just decided it was a time loop that'd make an interesting twist

>apparently, the next X-MEN movie is in development

well, that's unfortunate

Won't happen. Apocalypse bombed and was panned by critics on Rotten Tomatoes. Deadpool is literally all they have left. Even Wolverine is leaving.

Honestly, Fox should just give the rights back. It would be the Morally right thing to do.

Have the movie start with the Shiar coming to earth because of a prophetic vision, move into the trial within the first act and ihave a reveal of Cassandra Nova as the big bad trying to gain control of Dark Phoenix to raze the earth. Boom. There ya go Fox send me my check!

Eh, I'm ok with it. Particularly with Singer no longer being attached. Let someone else bring a new take on the stale direction the franchise hast taken in later years.

They should do Onlsaught first though. Being set in the 90s and stuff.

>89089676
You don't even deserve a (You) for your bait

>releasing next year
>no director

yeah naw

>It would be the Morally right thing to do.

>Hollywood
>Morals

It's not bait if it' true.
Marvel Studios is full of morals. And Sony had enough Morals to let them use Spider-Man in the MCU. *sigh* if only Fox and WB had enough morals.

fox is my mortal enemy

it'll come out the same day as that gambit movie or that flash movie, etc

amen

THIS
Marvel getting the film rights back to the X-Men would be awesome. I would also like the FF rights to go back.
Then we can have the Captain America/Wolverine War movie, Spider-Man teaming up with Ice Man and Firestar, Hulk fighting the Juggernaut, Storm dating Black Panther, Beast and Rogue on the Avengers, Peter Parker dating Kitty Pryde, Waid's Champions team, an adapting Avengers vs X-Men.
It would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Fuck off, squirrelfaggot

Yeah, this ain't happening.

Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jlaw, and the rest of the cast won't be acknowledged outside of small references.

Get ready for the Deadpool universe. Hopefully the New Mutants movie takes off.

> *sigh*
go back to le reddit

They also have 2 tv series of X-Men coming up, along with Logan and New Mutants. This is just dumb, no one is going to want to watch all of this at once.

>Means nothing when most of X-Men just recycle the same storylines and only a handful of stuff is memorable.
The problem isn't that there is nothing to draw from or the stuff is unmemorable. The problem is that they originally were only doing the stories that are all about "MUTANT RIGHTS!!!!!" and stories that could be made it into that.

Then they further limited themselves by keeping things """grounded and realistic""" so most of the ridiculous stuff that made X-Men fun in the first place had to go, making a ton of stories impossible to adapt.

I'll admit Apocalypse was a bit different from that, but then that probably explains why the script is such a total fucking mess. They really didn't know what direction they wanted to go in anymore, so they went in all directions at once and it just tore the movie apart.

>the young cast from X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

>Storm dating Black Panther
Go fuck yourself.

>aliens
>Cassandra Nova

ITT mousefags having another meltdown

>Rotten Tomatoes
Nice crap standards you got there, bro.

So Singer is leaving the franchise a film before executing the Phoenix film that he's been building towards AGAIN?

Are they gonna get Bret Ratner to do it?

Fuck the rights going back to Marvel, I like to have a few movies with a different approach to them then the tired old MCU format. I'm still holding out hopes they might actually make the series good again one day.

Sophie Turner was a huge miscast for Jean Grey

From what I hear, they're not making this X-Men Dark Phoenix movie

I heard it's "New Mutants" featuring MacAvoy

Read the article in OP

They can't do X-Men without fucking up

They had every major plot, Mutant registration, sentinels, Phoenix, Days of Future Past, even Apocalypse, and they still can't make a good movie. They make a paper-thin plot and pile on the CGI and lure dumbfucks in to watch it by baiting them with big name actors like Patrick Stewart and Ian MacKellen

It's crap, it's fucking crap. I literally can't remember a single time I was satisfied by any of these movies. They're terrible.

Rotten tomatoes is only good to shitpost, but you're partially right. Only Deadpool is drawing dimes and they'll put him in the focus as much as possible.

>implying Rotten Tomatoes is wrong
Go away, Max Landis

They could always do an original script involving the Shiar.

Fine, Storm can date Thor.

I would accept Foxsilver replacing Quickslav in the MCU.

Just like the current x-men

Logan seems like a step in the right direction. And I like the idea of New Mutants just to get some different characters and reboot the series again, but I feel like it's just going to be First Class 2.

I guess at this point they're desperate and just want to push out a dozen movies at once hoping one of them actually works and continue from there.

Call me when we finally get a good X-Men movie.

>still no Cyclops Solo movie
We are living in the worst timeline.

I will

>logan seems like a step in the right direction
how? we've been fooled so many times that its just sad that we keep saying this. the trailer makes it look like "the rover" and its probably gonna be a mishmash of old man logan and wolverine:the end with charles/x23/and ricky gervais' friend playing calaban (again, fox not paying attention to the previous movie and casting a completely different person)

it shouldn't be movies. it should be a big budgeted 20 episode a season netflix or hbo show

>set in the 1990's
Yuss!
>a new adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga
Oh.
Eh. If they fill it with enough over-the-top 90s EXTREEEEEME cliches & throwbacks it'll be forgivable. Sinister, Cable, maybe wheel out the ayy lmaos after all.

They have 2 different tv series coming up.

Nobody cares about Cyclops, bro.

>netflix
Netflix shows are overrated
I'd be happy with a well made trilogy written and directed by someone good
First movie could be only the original five members, then something like the 90s cartoon

>Means nothing when most of X-Men just recycle the same storylines and only a handful of stuff is memorable.
...user the very thread you're replying to states that the movies themselves are recycling old movies. And that one wasn't even memorable.
You'll get a third Dark Phoenix adaptation in 2029 before you see "the franchise tapped dry".

im just saying netflix or hbo so they have free reign on any subject they want to cover. and the comics have always been a soap opera, a long form story would mirror that way better than an event film ever few years.

Why didn't they ever use Spiral

>Logan seems like a step in the right direction.
It's the same asshole directing who ruined the original Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini series adaptation. He took probably the most grounded character story in all of X-Men and decided to just add random mutant powers to people, as well as an adamantium iron man armor and a dumb, pointless gimmick subplot about stealing Logan's healing factor. All of this to fucking distract the viewer for long enough so he could cut all the introspective moments for Wolverine and the central romance with Mariko.

And now this guy is all "oh look at this new introspective piece about Wolverine. Really thoughtful, huh. Look at this introspective, thoughtful music we dug up for the trailer. Bet you never heard this one before."

You don't know what bombed means.
Stop listening to Sup Forums's memes.

>the Morally right thing to do
Would be to keep them the fuck away instead of clogging up a functioning superhero universe with BUT MUH MUTIES bullshit.
They should give back the FF though, definitely.

>instead of clogging up a functioning superhero universe with BUT MUH MUTIES
you know its been mention on so many occasions about the normal superhero community not associating themselves with the mutant struggle. so not much would change other than a few mentions.

It had to make a billion dollars to be successful.
Deadpool was a success because it was made on pennies and pieces of string.

And the X-Men would work perfectly in the MCU. Not to mention it would lead to some cool stuff like Plus, if Marvel got the X-Men rights back, then the comics division can promote them.

I can appreciate how you've reformatted the pasta to make the fact that it's pasta less obvious. That's some sneaky shit right there.

Nobody cares about a talking raccoon and a talking tree for a long long long time. And yet Rocket Raccoon and Groot got two movies and are famous worldwide.

...If only Fox put as much effort into their characters..........

>It had to make a billion dollars to be successful.
like fuck
sauce me or gtfo. It profited just fine, just not by as much as expected. By the same logic Avengers 2 "bombed".

>This is what Cyclops fans actually believe.

>By the same logic Avengers 2 "bombed".
It did. It's how Feige got Disney to kick Pearlmutter out of Marvel Studios. They pointed out how it didn't make as much as they wanted to and blamed Ike and their comics division intervention.

Recycling means the franchise is already tapped dry.

>I have no argument
Fox Employee, get on my level

They expected more and the critical as well as public reception was very mixed.
It's close to the situation with Amazing Spider-Man, just not quite as drastic.

That's kind of how it works. If a studio expects a movie to make 200 million but it only make 100 million, even if that's still technically a profit based on how much they spent, that's still a huge disappointment to them.

Again.
You don't know what bombed means.
Disney kicked out Ike because it underperformed. Not bombed.

Just give the rights back to Marvel

>tfw too smart for the phoenix force

It's bullshit in the comics, it'd be bullshit here. Their absence is a damned blessing.

That's not a very good comparison. And no one would watch a solo movie of Rocket and Groot that wasn't part of a larger team.

>Hey guys, let's get the worst casting choices for the young X-Men. We need these assholes as bland as possible
>Now let's milk dry the only comic arc we've ever heard about because we don't really give a shit about X-Men
>Might as well give Jennifer Lawrence 90% screen time
>And make Magneto tsun for Xavier's dick again because why not

>Hey guys, let's get the worst casting choices for the young X-Men
How do you mean user? Doesn't this guy look exactly like you would imagine Cyclops to look like?

Don't forget, you can have Kitty Pryde join the Guardians of the Galaxy and date Starlord.

Tell me how iron man responded to the LA blackout in AoS..oh wait..thongs can coexist without having to be intertwined

X2 and DoFP were both good you shit-taste having turbopleb.

I honestly wouldn't have minded a Chris Evans look-alike. Put a visor over his eyes and you got the right body and face for a good Cyclopes

Not op, but nope. A manlet rebel who still has his parents?

It's not morals that let Marvel use Spidey. Sony makes all the money from Spider-Man films still. It's just now his films are part of the MCU and spidey can be used in other MCU films as well.

Chris Evans cinematic universe.

Oh boy, I can't wait for Magneto to be the villain again (that was sarcasm btw)

>Sophie Turner as Dark Pheonix

I can't think of a single movie i'm less excited about. She has zero emotional range, how the fuck is she going to play Pheonix and not fuck it up?

I would rather the cancel the X-Men movie and just make it Deadpool leading the X-Men.

Here's hoping it's an adaption of the Supernovas story line instead of DPS.

>uuuuuuuh
>scoooooooott, my pooooowweeeeeer
>I can't control iiiiiiiiiiit
>uuuuuuuuuggggghhhh

>introduce alien birdpeople and the reincarnated unborn twin sister of Professor X in the first act

Sounds like more of the disjointed mess that that made Apocalypse so mediocre

New Mutants are either really boring or completely batshit insane, depending on the writer. You can make First Class 2, another generic origin story team-up, or you can have a techno-organic alien fighting alongside demons from hell commanded by a teenage girl soulbonded to a giant magic sword. It all depends on the director.

All it needs is more Magento wank. Maybe they can give Magneto another bland family that exists to die and waste everyone's time. Gives Fassbender the chance to chew more scenery.

Since Sniktbub is retired, is Deadpool going to take his place on the team?

>Young Cast from Apocalypse expected to return
I wouldn't mind since I thought they were decent.

It's just you could barely see them what with Magneto, Chahles and Jennifer Lawrence getting a huge amount of screentime on top of Apocalypse himself and a Wolverine cameo.

Laura is probably. Deadpool is better off being his own star with some X-Men cameos then being in a group.

fanfiction.net

Wouldn't they have to do Mojo?

Hollywood doesn't have the balls to make an Xmen movie with Mojo.

They'd sooner do Savage Land, The Brood, Shi'Ar or even that one time they were stuck in Arcade's huge pinball machine.

They do hint at the possibility in DOFP. I feel like having a character say time is like a river and it merely corrects itself is one way of saying history is doomed to repeat itself. Which is a theme of x-men as we constantly find new minorities to belittle and hate on.

>They'd sooner do Savage Land
Marvel holds the Savage Land rights. If Fox want access they would have to trade something for it.

>bombed
>one of fox's most profitable films of the last few years

If there's hope for them to make as much or more in the next movie of course they'll try. If they're smart they'll cut the budget and make it more personal, emotional and closed in. If it makes over 500m that's good for fox. Those avatar movies aren't here yet, they don't have anything else.

LOGAN HELP

Sure they could, it would be Hunger Games 2.0. They'd make Mojo into Trump as a political statement and it would win an Oscar.

He didn't for the same reason he didn't respond to the events of Amazing Spider-Man 2.

FF and Doom are a good bargaining chip.

Maybe if Marvel was doing a Mojo movie, don't see Fox pullin that shit.

Make his hair blonde and he'd be perfect for Cannonball.

If they were smart, they wouldn't have made X-Men Apocalypse edgy and suck so much. But they didnt.

Deadpool was their best movie and it's because Fox didn't have creative input on it (hell, they even tried to destroy the movie from happening).

The smart thing for Fox to do would be the make the X-Men F.U.N (like the MCU)

AND give the X-Men actual bright and Fun costumes.

AND give enough screentime and development to characters that aren't Wolverine, Prof X, Beast, Mystique, or Magneto (and use villains that don't take a backseat to Magneto for the 1000000th time)

But it's Fox and not Marvel Studios so don't expect that to happen.....

>It's a Jean Grey Phoenix episode

Good.