Not A Clone, Not From Another Dimension - [REDACTED] Is Back In AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23 SPOILERS

newsarama.com/32724-not-a-clone-not-from-another-dimension-redacted-is-back-in-amazing-spider-man-23-spoilers.html

>Taking place after next week's Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy #4, Amazing Spider-Man #23 gives readers that moment they hoped - and in some cases, feared - for. Heavy Spoiler Warning.

>AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23
>DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • >GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
>Cover by ALEX ROSS
>Variant Cover by Simone Bianchi
>A CLONE CONSPIRACY TIE-IN!
>• Gwen Stacy is back in the land of the living and in league with The Jackal.
>• But why? She’s not evil. She’s not being mind-controlled. What would push the one of the most beloved characters in Marvel history to join one of Spider-Man’s worst villains?!
>32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

How many Gwens even are there now? Does anyone really care about the original one now, aside from when she died?

we already knew this.

arachnagwen was pretending to be a gwenclone

>one of Spider-Man’s worst villains

It's not hard to be the worst villain when you get the worst writer.

Sounds like a happy conversion, considering she apparently hates him now.

Guess she's playing him.

>I have friends who are clones
You cannot make this writing up.

We knew this two months ago.

That's the problem. If she dies by the end of Clone Conspiracy then who really gives a fuck?

>What would push the one of the most beloved characters in Marvel history to join one of Spider-Man’s worst villains?!
Hmmmmmmmm
maybe the fact that he has her "keep-alive" pills?
also
>most beloved

Two. This one which is the original re-animated, and one from another dimension where Pete died and Gwen got spider-powers.

Then there's Gwenpool, who is not Gwen Stacy, but a different girl entirely.

>one of the most beloved characters in Marvel history
>Gwen Stacy

Post the rest.

The ASM movies are still fogging up the view of the editors at Marvel.

That's all there is, dumbass. It's a preview.

THE GWENNING HAS BEGUN

Does anybody have that pic from that Spider-man issue where a ghost or something of Gwen confronts Peter and her neck is all broken with her head flopped to the side?

Nah, this has been a thing for a while among some writers who keep pushing Gwen as a saint and only one Pete actually loves.

Take that, Miles.

Friendly reminder that RYV is the actual canon Spidey story and the rest is all Slotts fanfiction

Gwen fucked Norman, had his children, and was going to fucking pawn them off on Peter. Gwen is goddamn scum and has zero room to talk about Peter not wanting anything to do with her. Dude needs fucking man up and ditch the bitch.

Shame, because RYV is also shit.

>Literal decades of character development trown out of the window for muh gwen, muh first love
i feel sick

>she's so young
Did Slott forget that clone-Gwen is supposed to be identical to Gwen as she was when she died? Gwen died in college, meaning clone-Gwen is physically and mentally 20 years old, the same age Spider-Gwen is.

Gee mr contrarian
tell me what great comics a artistic mastermind like you would recommend

> one of the most beloved characters in Marvel history

Was she ever really loved or just something they keep forcing for some reason? Her death is the only interesting thing about her history, before that she was mostly a bitch.

GWENSCAPE
GWENSCAPE

>you are a person and all, but you're still a clone
If Peter gets it why doesn't Slott?

There are so many people who keep forgetting that Spider-Gwen isn't in high school so I wouldn't be surprised.

This page was written by Loeb. Time really can change you. Well of course a dead son also can do the same.

What does recommending shit have to do with anything? Did I trigger you or something?

im just curious to see what great tastes someone like you could have :^)

did you say my name?

Yeah, you're a triggered child. Of course, you can't even spell correctly, so why am I even surprised.

It's not so much that Slott doesn't get it as he has to go "not a clone" to tell readers this isn't like the 90's Clone Saga. On one hand I don't know if it's really working since he had to ask readers to remember to order more of Clone Conspiracy, on the other hand ASM is somehow still the best selling Marvel title that's not a Star Wars comic, or a new #1 with incentives, or the main Civil War II book.

Is that why Marvel is pairing Gwen and Miles? Did Marvel just forget she isn't a teenager?

So they're going to give the older cloned Gwen for Peter as a girlfriend while setting Miles with Spider-Gwen? Is that it?

Remember when the Frank Cho controversy happened? People were upset saying that Frank Cho sexualized a high school girl... even though the comic had outright stated that Gwen is in college.

SHE IS NOT A CLONE!

Gwen is nine"teen", but that's not stopping them

Seriously, making it a team up with them talking about their dad issues then put out the kiss as a surprise is better than this forced pandering

So this is the real Gwen?

Also how many fucking times will Slott use Jackal?

Slott is always like "Peter Parker can't have superheroic love interests, that isn't grounded" so if he were to follow his own logic pairing him up with a supervillain-made clone of his dead gf couldn't happen since it wouldn't qualify as grounded

No, this is a clone. The real Gwen is dead.

That's some pretty lame bait. I'm surprised people actually fell for it.

>I am not a clone
That's exactly what a clone would say. In fact, that's literally what her first clone said. And her third clone. Maybe her fourth too? It's hard to keep track given the number of times the Jackal has cloned her.

Wrong.

right, she's a zombie
would you stick your dick in a zombie remember, it's a zombie that just looks like a human, not a sexy undead monster girl

Slott can't even be bothered to get Spider-Gwen's personality right. Do you honestly think he knows how old she is?

I'm guessing that by saying she's not a clone, from another dimension, evil, or mind-controlled, she's actually all four plus a Life Model Decoy of a Doombot made to look like Gwen because Dr. Doom was bored that week.

Solicits are done 3 months ahead of time, so they have to take that into account when writing around spoilers.

Do you think Gwen's kids are going to get involved?

No, they were just 12 in 1972 and remember Gwendy as the best even though she was bland as fuck and the most important thing she ever did was die.

>every opinion I disagree with is bait
Geez, I knew Spider-fags were childish but even this is too much.

At the same time it just didn't seem like there were any surprises for who "came back from the dead". Like the only one would've been Uncle Ben.

No one likes Gwen. Stop with all the not-Gwen's too

Forgot to add, Uncle Ben would've been the only one who would've been a surprise. Gwen got cloned a few times in the 70's clone stories and the 90's Clone Saga.

Gwen never had kids. Ever. That was just Dr Manhattan messing with time.

...Anyone else thinking at first that says "Dick your Major" because the P is slightly deformed?

I dare not contemplate how that would work, though no doubt /aco/ has seventeen different threads dedicated to it already.

>Dr Manhattan

How many universes are they crossing over? Watchmen are appearing in Spiderman comics now?

>So this is the real Gwen?
That depends on whether or not you consider a re-animated corpse created through pretty much the same process as cloning to be "real" or not.

First rule of comic fandom: 90% of the people who bitch about shit didn't even read the stuff they're bitching about.

Rorschach had to go somewhere.

Has the Gwen banging Gobby thing been brought up?

Right she was created the exact same way as every other Gwen clone ever. But this one is a special snowflake and is totes real.

You came in here looking to rustle some jimmies not discuss. Of course it's bait you dumb golliwog.

They've tried to retcon it a few times, but editorial throws a shit fit about that.

>Jackal brings people back to life with cloning
>Gwen was dead
>she knows she was dead
>she knows that the Jackal brings people back with cloning
>she doesn't think she's a clone
>she gets mad that Peter thinks she's a clone
>she knows he has good reason to think that

Honestly, why does he even bother with her at this point? Every single thing involving her since the first time she died only made her a worse character. At least she was smart before and was able to live with knowing she was a clone, but this is just putting what's left of her character into a meat grinder and putting a note saying "Property of Norman Osborn: I was her first and made sure I was also her last."

He never will as long as the aforementioned writers are around and MJ or any other love interest written like shit.

so why cant more clones realize what they are and move on

Why though? It's not like anyone wants to buy Sins Past. Most creators probably think it was bad, too. Does Marvel think sweeping things under the rug magically make it go away? Oh wait.

Because you need that super forced drama for all the fan rage. It's what Slott does. It's literally the only story he knows how to write.

>Not a Clone
>A Clone Conspiracy Tie-In

Man, if Slott wanted to make people believe the "not a clone" hogwash, he is marketing this nonsense completely wrong.

He's also acting like we have never seen a Gwen clone before or know how other clones are made.

Does Slott truly think his readership are that much of mouth breathing idiot's? If so, why do people like him again?

>Gage is helping write
Oh god, it's fucking Superior all over again.

It's actually pretty boring.
I understand that there are people who waited for that book to happen, but i find it a bit bland, but its just my opinion

No, I came here to discuss Spider-Man, same as everyone else here I'm assuming. Don't blame me for the sorry state of the franchise.

It's build up and showing you character circumstances. Also you forget that Conway has probably been told to decompress the shit out of his writing.

But she is a clone. Jackal didn't resurrect Gwen, he cloned her again.

meh

I think most of the readers know that. It's just Slott trying to push the "they're not clones!" thing.

More people would buy it if there was some mystical element to this, showing us their souls are reentering their bodies or something.

RYV is dirty water offered to people in a desert

Pls kill her again.

Nu-Marvel dont use religions

I bet after Slott's done retreading the Clone Saga he'll do a rehash of Sins Past.

Like that's literally his goal I feel, to tackle all these (in)famous Spidey stories and fuck them up even further.

Maybe he can have Jackal-Ben and Norman spitroast Gwen this time.

That, not to mention when Peter saw the first Gwen clone and though it was really her he was hapoy to see her but wasn't that thrilled about her throwing herself at him because he was having feelings for MJ at the time.

Why are they trying to make a big deal about Gwen still? We got Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool. Nobody cares about normal Gwen anymore.
This is like making the announcement that Iron Man is in Infinity Wars.

that's still a clone

If Spider-Gwen sales are going down do you suppose that they're trying to introduce a 616 version of Spider-Gwen?

Sure, but at least he can say it's the real deal in that sense, instead of a new being created with memories of someone else.

oh fucking joy

I really don't get it. I've read plenty of old Spider-Man comics, and MJ was always way more likable than Gwen.

0/10 bait. Keep trying.

This. That would differentiate these clones from previous ones.

But Ben is using exactly the same process Miles has always used. Slott just thinks readers are dumb.

When Pete saw the very first Gwen clone, he wasn't happy at all? The fuck are you talking about? He nearly had a mental breakdown.

Why is 616 Gwen always forced into the same exact outfit from the 60s? She's cloned naked, so SOMEONE has to be making the conscious decision to buy the exact same outfit she died in.

What's the fucking point?!