Shit flick

>Dave Chazelle proves once again he can't write a film to save his life

>jj abrams
lol won't watch

feet

>make a really cool movie with really interesting viral campaign backstory
>finally get around to making a sequel
>LOL PREPPERS

Jew jew abrams should be shot. We could have had a domestic giant monster movie franchise that wasnt pacific nog

Pretty good until the last fucking 15 minutes when it turned into complete ass.

>make a good movie
>give it to producer
>he says "that's a good movie but let's add a 5 min scene at the end where she blows up a spaceship so we can make a CINEMATIC UNIVERSE"

It was a completely separate movie that they stitched into the Cloverfield universe at the very last minute.

It was pretty great when it seemed like Goodman was just a nut holding them hostage, but then even worse than the alien reveal was how suddenly she attacked him and escaped. It felt like there was still a lot more of them living down in the bunker to come.

Yep
Makes sense from their perspective. But fuck it can't be that hard to come up with a better shamalamdong than aliens

I didnt even go see it i was so mad. One of the few fans of the first film I know alot of people hate it because LELSHAKYCAM

Was a totally solid flick precisely up to the point the most mendacious asshole in Hollywood inserted his fan-fic.

If I was the writers I would have had a meltdown.

>I didnt even go see it i was so mad.

I actually love it.

>During production, the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield,[18] and decided to make the picture what Abrams calls "a blood relative" or "spiritual successor" of that film.[19][20] "The spirit of it, the genre of it, the heart of it, the fear factor, the comedy factor, the weirdness factor, there were so many elements that felt like the DNA of this story were of the same place that Cloverfield was born out of," said Abrams. In other interviews he explained: "Those characters and that monster [from Cloverfield] are not in this movie, but there are other characters and other monsters,"[20] and "This movie is very purposefully not called Cloverfield 2, because it's not Cloverfield 2, [...] So if you're approaching it as a literal sequel, you'll be surprised to see what this movie is. But while it's not what you might expect from a movie that has the name Cloverfield in it, I think you'll find that you'll understand the connection when you see the whole thing."[21][22][23]

>Winstead and Gallagher mentioned that during production they were aware that the film had thematic similarities to Cloverfield, but did not learn that there would be an official connection until they were informed of the chosen title, only a few days before the release of the trailer.[24] Abrams came up with the title after finishing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.[25][26]

>takes down an alien ship using a molotov cocktail.

paranoid bi polar cunt ruins humanity

I actually liked that there were ayy lmaos. The twist made sense and and made for an unusual plotline. What I didn't like is that they still had to make the prepper a lunatic. It would be much more interesting if he remained a good guy, if slightly psychotic due to loneliness. Instead we get the same old "chick has to be crafty because she's being chased by an evil dude". What's the point of doing an original twist if everything else is going to be formulaic.

>I actually liked that there were ayy lmaos. The twist made sense

RLM poses an interesting alternate version where it goes to credits right after she gets out, sees the alien ship and says "gotta be kidding me". Because the aliens aren't the issue, it's the cliche action

I wanted to use the word "formulaic".
Whatever, this movie's shit.

I saw the twist from a fucking mile away as anyone who can recognize the title Cloverfield should have but I think it would have been better without the action scene at the end. Have it be super fucking normal as she's driving off and then suddenly some ten or so Cloverfield monsters are attracted to the headlights of the truck, and have that be it. Just a simple "John Goodman was right" no war of the worlds nonsense, no alien fighting, just tie it in with Cloverfield and call it a day.
>Hurr that's stupid
Fuck you, don't call it X Cloverfield X if you don't want it to have that giant fucking monster

Originally it was supposed to be nuclear war. She comes up, finds everything in ruins and takes the helmet off.

This is an objectively better ending; even leaving it totally open-ended and ending on say, a shot of her looking at some shit without revealing what would be a better ending.

The horrible action and the ending shot of "tough grill driving off into sunset never to be seen in this franchise again" was just shit icing on the cake.

>I didnt even go see it i was so mad

great movie but the end was garbage

I liked the ending, I don't see how it ruined the movie desu.

because RLM says so

Because it's horseshit that has nothing to do with the previous 1hr 35mins of footage.

See

You should have seen it

I can't believe there are people that watched this shit and didn't fully expect aliens at the end. It was obvious the whole time that there was truth in what Goodman was saying, even if he was insane.

Btw the ARG from Cloverfield franchise are KINO