Green Lantern Corps 2020

>Haha it's like Lethal Weapon!
>'Cause white cop and black cop!
>That's what made those movies successful! Let's try to ride off that and Guardians of the Galaxy, again!

BTW David Goyer is the screenwriter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GfuUt98yAPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, that's probably also because the GL Corps is typically a lot like a police force.

>it's only OK if the MCU does it

>Guardians of the Galaxy
Casual spotted. The GL patrol the known universe. And they don't believe in LE EBIN DANCE OFF XD

>it's only OK if the MCU does it

Yeah because they don't suck at it. Your autism over the ending of Guardians didn't stop that movie from being successful, and SS riding off that success if what helped it.

Gotg just didnt have rewatch value to me

>still butthurt about that pathetic ending
Such is the life of a mouseketeer.

>BTW David Goyer is the screenwriter
How the fuck is he not banned from Superhero films and WB in general?

>yfw John tells Sinestro to go suck an egg

t. still not got laid

>Sinestro
>played by Mel Gibson
Yay or nay? The guy is a neo-Nazi after all.

>David Goyer is the screenwriter

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP USING THIS FUCKING HACK

Motherfucker must be cheap

>Is basically Training Day in space

WHY IS THAT EVERYTHING I WANTED?

youtube.com/watch?v=GfuUt98yAPY

... I hate that this is the cleanest version of this scene I can find a clip of.

>David Goyer screenwriter

Never change WB you hacks.

if he could pull it off I'd be all for it

>Goyer
>mfw

That being said the tone sounds right, a Green Lantern buddy cop movie could be great

>They're both cops
>They both kinda fit into the characters from lethal weapon. Maybe not the first move though.

I'd be hyped if someone other thin Goyer was writing. You'd think they would fire that fuck by now.

>user still with that hateboner for Goyer

This

>Goyer and Zack Snyder are still a thing in Warner
>hiring the same people who fuck up with Batman v Superman and Man of Steel
I give up. DC/Warner are just a mess.

Try the MCU. No one knows who makes the movies there.

>David Goyer is the screenwriter

Well, the movies being good, I'm completely ok with this.

Also, Kevin Feige teaming up with the RIGHT directors

>the movies being good
Mouseshill spotted. That explains your hate for Goyer even if he wrote Blade
>directors who have no personality
FTFY

>Farscape, and Star Wars retroactively need to pay tribute to GoTG for ripping them off!

Get the fuck out of here with that mouse nigger logic.

Goyer pls

>hating Blade
Well, I never.

>implying they even know what Farscape or SW is

WTF I hate Blade now!

And Dark City.

Oh, and he breathes oxygen, so stop breathing ASAP.

Name a few good movies he's written in the last 10 years

What for? You hate them all.

It would be cool to see a GL team as the movie. (Garner,Kyle,Hal,Kilrog,Stewart,etc)

>being this delusional
I bet that you thing that Snyder is a great choice for DC movies because of 300 and Dawn of The Dead.
Blade is okay, everything else that Goyer wrote or produced after, is shit.

>Blade is okay
No it's not. You must hate it if you love Marvel.
>he watches movies he hates
Why am I not surprised?

GLC Recharge would be godly.

Goyer makes good films to take my mentally challenged nephew to. He clearly explains that "That guy's a hothead", He's a Big Guy for you" and shows the heroes origin twice in the movie.
Makes it easy for Bobby to follow along.

Pls Goyer, leave

Well it worked for IM3, sorta.
>Goyer
Oh, well...

Del Toro made a lot of Blade work, and Snipes famously ad-libbed the fuck out of it.

wtf i hate TDK now too!

Bendis wrote Ultimate Spider-Man but that doesn't mean he's writing good shit now. Blade was dank but Goyer's a fucking hack.

It was a good film in spite of its writing, not because of it. It was well directed and a few of the actors carried the fuck out of that thing, the plot was a fucking mess.

TDK is a good movie for a number of reasons, but absolutely none of them have anything to do with the script, which is funky to awful.

You know that Goyer is only credited because he had a first REJECTED script, right?

Also I'd like to point out that Mark Millar wrote Red Son, is everything he touches gold now?

\you idiot. Goyer did not write TDK

Seriously, stop watching movies you hate. It makes you meltdown.

>now I hate TDK too
It didn't take much to change your mind.

Tell IMDB about this, I don't have an account.

He has done other good books, yes. But you no longer can like them because principles.

The scene where Joker literally describes Uggo Rachel as "so very beautiful" is pure Goyer.

It's easier for him to have someone's character read off a card than to establish it in the story.

>my mentally challenged nephew
No projections, user.

I do like a lot of his work actually, but he makes a lot of shit.

in his defense, did he write that knowing Rachel was going to get recasted?

>people automatically hating movies they liked because they hate the writer
I can understand this. I feel the same about the MCU; if it's Marvel, it's automatically shit.

No backpedaling, user. That's rude.

Who in the literal fuck chose her to replace Katie Holmes? It might be forgivable if she hadn't also had all the charisma of a fucking brick on screen.

It would have been stupid and awkward even if the casting hadn't changed, it was stupid, awkward and unintentionally hilarious when she was recast. The Goyer hallmark is unintentional hilarity. And stupid shit like "you're hot" at the end of MoS.

>mfw there are Sup Forumsmrades that thinks that Goyer is a good option for DC movies now

At least try to be subtle dude.

Snyder seems to have a fetish for frumpy Brunettes.

You seem to remember those movies very well. How many times did you watch them?

Come on, we are being frank here. You hate DC, I hate Marvel.

But one of the best Green Lantern movies was basically Training Day in space.

People like space, people like buddy cops. What's wrong with mashing them together?

*Nolan
my painkillers are working now.

>Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Rachel McAdams were considered to replace Holmes as Rachel.
Damn

As many times as I like.

t. David Goyer

WB DINDU NUFFIN

>twking drugs instead of doing exercise
So that's why you aren't a DChad.

Pic related.

Welp, time to hit the gym. Thanks for the laughs, DC haters. Don't forget to watch the new GL movie!

>people forget that Goyer worked on JSA
>that he did Blade 1 and 2
>people just hate him because he wrote a screenplay for one movie they didn't like

When will this meme die?

Nolan also cast the least sexy Catwoman in the history of Catwomen.
You can make Hathaway look reasonably sexy, but it takes a fuckton of work. She's a terrible Catwoman.

Whoah... it's almost like... people have different tastes or something...

Laser eye surgery cannot be replaced by a workout, to my knowledge.

This is why everybody who works on DC should be killed. This makes me sick to my stomach.

>Nolan: Okay, so in this scene the Joker forces Batman to choose between saving Harvey Dent, who embodies the hope for the city's he's devoted his life to saving, and Rachel Dawes, who embodies his hope for one day achieving happiness. However, the dramatic irony is that he's switched the--
>Goyer: Make him say "why so serious" again.
>Nolan: What?
>Goyer: Make him say "why so serious" again.
>Nolan: ...Why?
>Goyer: It'll represent that the Joker is a madman.
>Nolan: Hey, David? Buddy? Remember how I said that every time you have an idea you should put it in your practice script, read it back and THEN come back to me if it still sounded good?
>Goyer: But I don't wanna write Man of Steel, I wanna write Batman with you!

>one movie they didn't like
How many of these films had good scripts?

The Disney shill got to it first. Step it up DCBros, you can't let (((them))) control the narrative.

Dark City was amazing.

I know right! We can't let them make good movies or they'll mess with OUR company's profits! I'm so mad I can puke. The only solution is to kill them now before they get too strong.

And you'll notice that's explicitly outside the little box I drew, because it came out in 1998, which was 19 FUCKING YEARS AGO. The last film he worked on that most people would consider a good film was The Dark Knight, and as many have stated already, his shitty script got tossed and rewritten and the plot was still the worst part of the film.

Dark City was more on Proyas

>this entire post

I honestly can't tell the genuine opinions from the shitposting anymore

But we don't want Goyer either. He wrote MoS, co-wrote BvS, and thinks J'onn fans are virgins.

This is a fucking PR disaster.

>stop watching movies you hate.
...how am I supposed to know what movies I'll hate in advance?
I think you're the one having a meltdown.

This. First Flight kicked ass and was exponentially better than the GL movie. I'm totally down with this.

GL Corps, Shazaam, and Aquaman are the only DCEU movies I'm legit hyped for.

I haven't seen Lethal Weapon, but I'm glad "FUN FUN FUN FUN" isn't being used as the tagline for this with some shitty action comedy as the inspiration. Lethal Weapon's a REAL action movie, right? Maybe they learned their lesson from the last Green Lantern.

Guardians sucked. You'd best get some taste.

>Lethal Weapon in Space

Then why don't you hire Richard Donner as the director, I mean it's not like the guy has experience with superhero movies right?

>controlling the narrative

Jesus Christ, man. It's capeshit, not politics. Everyone from fans to writers/directors inserting their pet political narrative is what's ruining comics and capeshit.

Remember when people thought there was white washing in Reynold's Green Lantern?
I wish I saved some of those reactions

Funilly enough he's responsible for the most memorable line of the movie, but he didn't write it.
Snipes jokingly suggested the "some motherfuckers always tryin to ice-skate uphill" line and Goyer fell in love with it.

Other than that there really isn't much to the Blade script, it does its job fine but it's nothing spectacular. And we all know Blade was succesful because of the adrenaline-filled action scenes and soundtrack.

I never liked Dark Knight but im not gonna pretend these plebs werent sucking its metaphorical dick less than a month after release.

Regardless the script was garbage and full of moments that paraded depth while wading in a shallow kiddie pool for the last half of the movie.

So I guess this allows Hal to join the League and Stewart can take up most of his sector responsibilities

A story credit isn't writing the script, DCuck.

Lethal Weapon is definitely an action-comedy series. A very good one too.

Whedon, Gunn, Favreau and the Russos are household names. What the fuck are you talking about.

Naw nigga. This is the the DCEU, also known as the DC EDGY Universe. None of that faggy heroics crap here.

Gunn and the Russos really weren't before working for Marvel.
Also, ironically enough, you forgot Shane Black (and also Branagh but everybody tries to forget that happened).

Moreover I think autismo meant that shady executives make those movies.

Donner must be 80 or older

oh yeah let's get the 86 year old guy who did Timeline and 16 blocks and hasn't directed anything in over a decade to do this

jesus DC and WB are fucking retarded by come the fuck on

>Not knowing Morrison ghost wrote it

These hacks can't even make the Flash movie work, and it's probably the most popular non-Batman property right now. But yeah, let's have faith that they'll make a good buddy cop Green Lantern movie in 20-fucking-20, when the last one they made was absolute garbage and turned the character into the next Aquaman in pop culture.