Idris Elba is now the lead of the last movie or TV show you watched. How is it different?

Idris Elba is now the lead of the last movie or TV show you watched. How is it different?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K7lOgye1Ypo&t=64s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Dark Tower
Not much really

>matilda

Now... that's a remake i would totally pay to see

it flops at the box office

1995's Judge Dredd

I can see him doing a good job of screaming I AM THE LAW sort of similar to Stallone. Would watch.

Idris as Yugi will lead to gay sex with kaiba. I love it.

>john wick

would tolerate

AVGN...

>Brawl at cel block 99
so is he a nigger skinhead ?

>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
I'd watch that just for the pink room scene

>Seinfeld
Its ruined.

>Enemy

Film would stay essentially the same, just BLACKED.

American History X. Hmm self hatred I guess

>fear the walking dead
Hes already a lead so it wouldnt change at all.

>Blade Runner 2049.

NOW THIS COULD BE INTERESTING!

A view to a kill
>we bond now

>Blade Runner 2049
There's no way he would do K's autism properly

Idris is frank underwood then....I'm sure claire enjoys getting blackd. All that idris charisma would make it much easier to scheme

we wuz replicants n shiet

K is now clearly not the son of Rick and Rachael

>waterloo

so a black Wellington or a black Napoleon

brawl in cell block 99
fitting.

>Valhalla rising

WE

>Person of Interest
I can dig it. Would miss Caviezel though

>Fear and Loathing
I like Idris but I'm not sure if he could pull off Hunter S Thompson

>True Detective
Cant complain. He fit right in.

I last watched Islands of britain with Martin Clune, a documentary in which he goes around seaside locations to discuss quaint little things about each island of Britain.
I don't likr Martin so this would probably be an improvement.

>std

Makes no difference.

>New Bladerunner

Eh

>The Sopranos
Becomes The Wire, basically

>implying that wouldn't be kino

>Atomic Blonde

I think it would be pretty different dbh

>Brooklyn 99
Meh.

>The Neon Demon

having a hard time picturing how'd that work

>Star Trek Beyond
Idris Elba vs Idris Elba

>rise of the planet of the apes
exactly the same

idris is the fucking man, not a random negroid.

it's better since he is a great actor with a lot of charisma

This. 2049 made a goose fan of me

>Jason X

Idris Elba vs Jason Vorhees....FUCKING AWESOME!

>Bojack Horseman

Idris Elba is a bad actor who hasn't done anything good since that famous tv show from the 1990s...

Who the fuck was the lead in That 70's Show?

>Star Trek: Chlamydia

It might be an improvement.

>The Wire

two twin brothers Stringer Bell and McNutty Bell live on two different sides of the law

>not Idris Elba killing a bunch of punks on a spaceship
>actually believing Jason isn't the main character of the Jason movies

>Documentary about DC Villains
I guess it wouldn't be too different. But then again Christopher Lee's voice has a stronger and darker feel to it.

South Park.

I mean, can he play Chef?

>manchester by the sea
>they drop the entire killing his own kids plotline because it would be too stereotypical for a black man
>he actually bangs his nephews girlfriends mother who is lusting for the bbc

"The Babysitter"
That tough* girl and her friends get destroyed by the most badass middle schooler ever

He's the host of PBS's Third Rail now?

>The Pest
yes please

>White Heat
He could probably pull off the Cagney role (though probably not as memorably.) Be weird for some British black guy to be a 40s mobster though, they were all Jews, Italians and Irish. Maybe he'd do better in the undercover cop role but that'd be weird in that segregated era too.

>Spiderman Homecoming
>Rellik

I don't give a fuck, Idris Elba is the fucking man and I'd love to see him in anything. Next Bond please.

Why don't they fucking bring back Chef already? The voice actor fucked off because they made fun of his "religion", but I think a lot of people would like to see Chef return, albeit with a different VA. And Elba would be amazing

>Pacific Rim

Ha.

>Poultrygeist

Uh... it's still beyond terrible.

> BR2049
With a replicant being a black replicant, they can’t help it but push hard the allegory between replicant and african slave and it would be ruined and become a generic slave revolt movie.

>Gerald's Game
I guess it's a gay relationship with Bruce Greenwood, but he would probably just do what she didn't do: tell Siri to call 911

I don't give a shit, just make more Luther episodes, that show was kino. Classic bad cop who doesn't care about the book, chasing serial killer of the week scenario but he was so good at playing that character

I just did a quick google search
>It was announced on 12 June 2017 that a fifth series comprising four episodes was due to start filming in early 2018.
FUCK YES
Also they better bring back Alice instead of all the constant teases. Can't believe Luther's coming back, I thought Idris was way too high in Hollywood these days to come back and do a BBC series

>Luther

does that mean double the Idris Elba?

>Dr. Frasier Crane, renowned psychotherapist and radio personality uses his public persona to combat the social, judicial, and political problems of his beloved city, Detroit. Unafraid of corruption and power, armed with a deep knowledge of human weakness and fear, Dr. Crane takes to the streets and brings life and sound advice to the people of Detroit. As a champion of the people, he uses his considerable education and experience to force the city leaders to confront thier own corruption and complacency. There is a revolution in the air, and on the airwaves and its name is Crane.

>The Lobster

It'd be an hour shorter.

And six inches longer...

He'd play both Luther and Alice, whose obsession made her go get plastic surgery done to look just like Luther. There's a nice plot already, Alice-Luther killing people and framing actual Luther.

That Luther on Luther sex scene melting peoples television sets and their brains.

Miss Honey gets blacked
kek

Idris Elba instead of Mads Mikkelsen. Now, instead of thinking Mads is a child abuser and turning against him, they just assume it's part of his foreign culture and ignore the girl. And I don't get any shot of hot Danish DILF from Mads.

TL;DR: It gets worse

Harrison Ford a cuck? nahhhh bro

Ha, there is that whole episode where you find out Martin's wife cheated. Really makes you think

I ain't even gay or a female hambeast but the idea of a Luther on Luther sex scene piques my interest, a lot.
It would undoubtedly make the ratings soar and ensure more series of Luther.

I like Idris Elba a lot and I'm happy that his career has gone so well, but I fear we'll get less and less Luther because of his fame now. Luther is one of my favourite police/detective series and I want it to continue for a long time to come. But similar to Cumberbatch, he's just too much in demand to do more BBC dramas. Sherlock's gone to shit anyway so that doesn't matter, but at least Luther has been consistently great. Hope Elba stays humble and returns to his roots every now and then for a new series of Luther. I think he's openly stated he loves doing it though, so maybe I'm worrying too much.

In the new version she only cheated with his evil twin brother and then killed herself out of shame. This new major subplot leads him into crisis/suicide prevention and response work, spured on by her memory.

The Mindy Project just got a little more diverse!

You are worrying too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he did a series of Luther off and on for decades to come. It would fascinating to see him play that role every few years until he is too old.

That's what Cumberbatch and Freeman said about Sherlock. It could go on for decades, doing a series every couple of years when they're available, eventually leading to the more conventional older gentleman Sherlock and Watson duo. But after that last series, they should just end it, it was dreadful.

I do like how Idris Elba seems to genuinely like doing Luther, always talking about future series and possible feature films. I could see him do a "Sherlock done right" and do a series every few years as we see him growing older. As I said, Luther managed to stay great throughout its entire run, so I have high hopes for future series. Sherlock slowly went to shit, but at least Luther kept being good. The writer, Neil Cross has a much better hand on keeping the series safe than Moffat and Gatiss did with Sherlock.

Cheers mate. We are on the same page, in the same book. Good evening to you.

Curb your Ebonicthusiasm

Good to hear, user. Very much looking forward to S5 of Luther, and the possibility of more in future. Have a good one.

>blade runner 2049
Suddenly the replicant prostitute scene got a lot more interesting.

he has literally become the goat

youtube.com/watch?v=K7lOgye1Ypo&t=64s

The world's not ready for a black, gay James Bond.

I watched that when it was airing, fucking amazing. He's seen as one of the most bad ass and cool actors on the scene and he just openly mentions his foot fetish. Many an actor would get outrage or become a laughing stock, but somehow he manages to state his weird fetish and get away with it

>war for the planet of the apes
welp

That wouldn't go down well with the PC brigade.
Also, I've never watched a planet of the apes film, but they really need to work on their titles, they do drag on a bit. Titles should never have more than six words.
What's next?
>The Gathering of the Revolution of The Planet of the Apes
>The Fall of the Opposition Party of The Planet of the Apes
>The Second Rise after the Initial Falldown of The Planet of the Apes
>Planet of the Apes 8: The Struggle for Acceptance after the Second Revolt of The Planet the Apes didn't go down well so they travel to Mars and start the Next Planet of the Apes
Andy Serkis seems set for life.

Angry Video Game Negro

For your own sake, never pursue a career as a stand-up comedian

>Quentin Tarantino talks about feet
>"EWWW, disgusting white creep!!"
>Idris Elba talks about feet
>"So cool, he really appreciates the beauty of a woman!"
Is that sheer charisma or the power of BBC?

>the wire

Uhhhh

Miss Meadows is no longer Katie Holmes but a black man. I guess it could work but it would be weird seeing him in a floral print dress or riding some white dude.

>Hey Murr, call that guy a sissy little white dick boy

I JUST ENDED watching Pacific Rim. How is it different?

>shameless

whos the lead of this again?

>Elba as Lorca on STD
>backhands Micheal when she chimps out

>IASIP

Not sure who he would replace but I'd honestly watch it either way.

revenge of the planet of the apes

no different at all

I kek'd, ignore The key to a joke like that is to play it completely straight.