How did the writers ever think that just putting glasses on would protect Superman's identity...

How did the writers ever think that just putting glasses on would protect Superman's identity? Would the world be that fooled by such a shitty "disguise"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
youtube.com/watch?v=Cvj0X-d2mO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In the comics he also dresses in layers to hide his physique, hunches over to hide his height, acts differently to come off as more timid, does his hair (JUST) differently etc.

Superman doesn't hide his face. People know he is an alien. People know he has a home in the north pole. People in the DC universe have no reason to believe has a secret identity because he doesn't appear to be hiding one.

He's just some generic white boi lol. He could probably not wear the glasses and no one would notice. All whities look the same.

They're not even the same guy. Clark Kent wears glasses. Superman doesn't wear glasses. What are you having trouble understanding?

t. LARPing white kid

Damn kino 101. Never ever though about that way

He takes them off when he changes into Superman, you dumb fuck.

Some people look like celebrities, probably the same thing, they are like "hey you kinda look like superman". Also in the comics he vibrates to change his image on pictures

That doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't be able to see.

tell that to zod´s snapped neck

>he vibrates
What?

>this is the best excuse DCcucks can come up with

that's actually true

Everybody knows he's Superman. They're just terrified to say anything about it to the god-like alien who thought that disguise would work.

>haha clark did anyone ever tell you you look like superman
>yeah haha I get that a lot

In the 80s version basically everyone assumed he was Superman 24/7 and it didn't cross their minds that Superman would waste time pretending to be a hero.

Dumb nigger, he was suppose to style his hair differently as well. This even happened in the 70s Superman film. You would know this if you weren't such an asshole.

That is the only explanation that makes remotely sense, everything else is just retarded.

I recently watched Man of Steel for the third time.

I can finally see it Sup Forums. I finally saw the kino movie it always was. holy fuck I'm literally marveled by it. I cannot believe it took me 3 times to get it.

If all DC movies were as good as Man of Steel, then I probably would switch sides, but sadly I think MoS was one of a kind. Zod and his waifu were perfect villains, and the cinematography was top fucking notch, and all the background themes and motivations and hard decisions Superman had to take.

It was absolute kino, Sup Forums It saddens me that Snyder will never come back

BvS is just as good. Both are incredible, can't believe such quality came back-to-back from capeflicks. Snyder's pretty good

Watch the reeves superman movies when he is about to tell Lois that he is superman and you can see how drastically he changes in appearance. It is also a bit of this . The change in mannerisms, physique, and the fact that superman doesn't appear to be hiding means that even if Clark resembles superman it is just a coincidence. When you start to add Lois and Jimmy into the picture then it becomes less believable.

>zod´s snapped neck
lol

Why didn't Superman gave Zod's people a chance?

youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

I always remember that episode of Superman where they took the piss outta Lois Lane not knowing Kent was Superman - "Glasses on. Glasses off". Made me chuckle.

I think in the most recent comic canon, his glasses are actually pieces of advanced technology.
They don't impair his super vision, and they actually bend the light differently around his face. He does look remarkably different with and without the glasses, with another thing to note is that the glasses mostly cover his eyebrows which is another facial identifying mark we use. His jaw is typically pointed downwards when he is Clark, so Superman's powerful jawline is hidden.
As others have said, his posture is remarkably different, but the biggest way he hides is with his glasses.

If thats not enough for you, when doing promotion, Henry Cavill dressed up as Clark Kent (glasses, posture etc) and walked around some convention or something and practically no one recognised him.

This. Good movie too, imo.

No one would believe that nerd is superman.

How many people would recognize Henry Cavill though without some disguise? At least to me he doesn't have any defining feature that makes him stand out. I am not trying to discredit his looks or anything because he is a great deal better looking than me but he just looks like a guy.

Pretty sure he walked around Times Square in a Superman shirt and absolutely no one recognized him. I used to work with a guy who was his spitting image and he was basically "generic good looking guy". He's gone bald now too.

Also, checked.

To be fair the Clark in that page isn't Superman

>Pretty sure he walked around Times Square in a Superman shirt and absolutely no one recognized him
lmao he must have hanged himself that night

lol, I would definitely recognize Cavill. I recognized the guy who played Buster in Breaking Bad as he was jaywalking across the street. The A listers get mobbed IRL. In Hollywood all the big studio and agency offices have underground parking so the stars won't be noticed.

I knew there was a clip of it somewhere. NYC is a busy place with a lot of people who resemble famous people. I've been mistaken for a celebrity before and I think aside from maybe tourists, Manhattan is full of jaded New Yorkers who genuinely don't give a fuck either way.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvj0X-d2mO0

>expected to be seen by billions of people
comedy gold

>standing behind a literal Superman poster
>no one recognized him
Americans lol

I know. It's clark Kent, who in that story was just superman without the powers, and with different memories
Identical otherwise

I actually really liked Henry Cavill as Superman, I think it could have only been better had he smiled a little bit more. In fact DC has been pretty solid on their casting so far (the obvious exception being Lex in BvS).
That webm that gets posted often of him flying up into the terraforming beam was pretty kino when I saw it for the first time in cinema

>That webm that gets posted often of him flying up into the terraforming beam was pretty kino when I saw it for the first time in cinema
I would have liked the scene more if he had failed more than once, but kept getting back up and try again.

Felt kinda cheap he just jumped from below and reached his goal right away, when the scene was clearly trying to portrait his struggle to do so.

Lots of people probably do think he looks like superman. Doesn't mean they have good evidence that he is.
The somewhat nerdy persona helps him look absolutely ordinary.

Masterbaiter.

fair enough.
I thought it was good that way, but I can see your point

Recognizing Superman is NOT the equivalent of recognizing Henry Cavill or any celebrity. Superman was a god. Absolutely everyone knew who he was.

A more apt comparison is the President. If someone looked exactly like Donald fucking Trump, but had glasses and acted like a beta, who is going to be fooled?

Yeah, it was a good scene. Just thought it could have been done better, and was a missed chance to showcase Superman's persistency and determination to save the planet.

kino anyway, would rewatch

How are they going to have clark kent return in Justice League or is everyone in the office going to be like ''We always knew you were supeman' ;)

The same could be said about Jesus Christ.

No one really thinks the dude on the street that looks like Jesus is Jesus.

no one knows what Jesus looks like because he never existed

I think that may be just you. Jesus is probably the one guy everyone recognizes. Donald is some shitty American thing no one cares about except you people.

it's retarded and everyone knows it, but it gets a pass because it's Superman

I have a sneaking suspicion Bruce Wayne is actually Superman. Think about it, he lives just across the bay.

Clark Kent’s is his disguise. Notice how Lawrence Fishburne’s character treats him like shit? The idea is that Clark is too much of a cuck that nobody possibly suspects him.

Would you wanna be the guy at the office who shouts like a child "Clark is superman!" People might think yeah looks a bit like him but not jump to the conclusion that he alien superhero has a 9-5 job

>Absolutely everyone knew who he was.
No one would believe trump works in secret as a bag boy at walmart.

Same happens with superman, no one believes he has a secret identity.

That's the point, he isnt batman, he doesnt use a mask, people believe clark looks like a beta and fatter version of superman. He could win a look a like contest, but no one would believe he is superman.

DC normies don't even know he has a secret identity.

I refuse to believe that people wouldn't notice Donald Trump in a uniform working as a bag boy.

Imagine you see Superman in the news every now and then. Also, you have this clumsy coworker that's big as an ox but also kinda chubby. Sure, you see a resemblance when he takes off his glasses but really now, would you ever make the connection?

This might be as far as people would get regarding Clark's face and Superman.

Clark Kent is the disguise. The glasses just play up the idea he is a weak man