SU parody

So take Steven Universe

>gender swap the cast
>make them metallic terminator esc beings
>give it a future version cyber punk earth
>have them be actively at war with homeworld
>no townie episodes

This is a follow-up to a previous thread

Why can't you come up with an actual original concept that has nothing to do with a previously established property

Already better than the piece of shit original.

Because nothing is original

I have plenty of other original concepts. This is just fun. Besides every story or work of art is derivative of something else.

That's the perfect excuse to create a cringey, direct rip-off of something

cringy by virtue of what? the more attractive character designs? more action oriented premise? less overt sjw agenda pushing?

Your neck must hurt from sucking your own dick that hard

Is Stefanie a biker chick?

why the fuck is this getting it's own thread again?
keep this shit where it belongs

Crying is such a well-known element of Steven Universe that you could almost say it's part of the show's DNA- you can't do a parody without it.

So I say keep it, and continue to follow the pattern of nobody being exempt. But every time one of the Metaloids cries, have them give a dramatic "I KNOW NOW WHY YOU CRY, LITTLE HUMAN...." T2 style speech, with Stefanie getting increasingly annoyed as the series goes on.

>"It was never our intention to keep the truth about your father from you, Stefanie. This war... It has taken a terrible toll on us all..."
>"Oh my god, Platinum, not this again..."
>"STEFANIE, I... I BELIEVE I UNDERSTAND... AT LAST..."
>"Platinum, please..."
>"IS THIS... THE HUMAN EMOTION... CALLED SADNESS?...."
>"PLATINUM..."
>"IF THIS WAR TAKES OUR LIVES, THE WAY IT TOOK THE LIFE OF YOUR FATHER... WILL WE SLEEP? WILL WE DREAM?"
>"... Are you done?"
>"... Yes, I believe so."

>In which the Internet Culture hates it when people try to create and enjoy things.

The IC has been so conditioned to snark, sneer and deconstruct, they froth at the mouth because a thing from one for of fiction is happening in another.

It's incredible how in trying to make it less gay, you ended up making it look even more gay.

I think your idea is kinda bad and I'm not particularly fond of your art style.

Do you anons even know how to have fun anymore?

I prefer interesting gay dudes over boring chicks.

Given the tweaks to the setting, I could see Stephanie getting tired of the Metals learning the ways of the Hu-Man after the fourth or fifth episode.

I'm trying to draw this, and I realize all of the hairstyles made for this are fucking awful.

Maybe you are just a bad artist.

I guess.

If I wanted to have fun I wouldn't come to Sup Forums first place.

I'm seconding this design for Mercury but maybe give the clothes the liquidy feel of the other picture.

You could always tweak them slowly and maybe more people will prefer that design.

Ay, what are the CG's weapons in this? asking for a friend

is right. You can always take liberties with the designs. Look at the storyboard artists on the show.

another mercury concept design

The Metalloids don't have weapons like gems, instead they have different properties that relate to their metals. Some have magnetic powers, others electrical, some are good shapeshifters while others are nearly indestructible. Nichrome has electrical powers, Al is good at shapeshifting Colbalt can use magnetism. When Al and Colbalt alloy they become Colbalt aluminate who's very blue, good shapeshifter and immune to electrical attacks.

I'm not being completely scientific here but I'm taking inspiration from chemistry.

Even when she is a boy I still want to fuck Pearl.

Of course, who wouldn't?

Al is best boy.

I like this one
more. It seems to fit that innocent/broken look more.

Logo is hard to read, but I really like the design.
It really doesn't feel like a parody, just a reimagining.

Tis my time to post arts.

Yeah pretty much, I just took the basic concepts and ran in a different direction with them. Also I tried my best but I'm not very good at logo design.

Well, that's all I got for now. Spit me some ideas.
I may get to them before I pass out.

Either do some kickass alloys (not!fusions, which should have been called inclusions to keep with the gem theme but whatever I'm not bitter) or the "NOW I KNOW...WHY YOU CRY, HU-MAN" thing peeps were talking about

what does Mercury have to do with terraforming?

Nothing, Metaloids don't teraform shit they mine and kill anything that gets in their way.

Also yes, their called alloys and I already have an idea for a cobalt laminate alloy. Side note Stefanie can't from alloys, (unless it was with another copper metalloids I geuss)

Mercury could be important in creating the metal's visions of kindergardens since they could just say fuck organic life in general an not bother teraforming it to suit organic life.
Well I already typed this much.

Mercury was a spy.

At least that one was anyway

Don't let it die, see you when I rise.

I like this design the most.

This is cute.

Gotta go to bed, too late to finish this. But I've got Al's backstory in mind. Pearl was in love with Rose because she was a slave class and rose gave her a sense of self-worth. Al was used for core experiments for several years after an injury qualified him to be a test subject. Copper helped to get Al out of there, however, most of the other test subjects were dead by that point or died shortly after. Al is also terrified of dying (wich is kind of opposite pearl who seems not to care what happens to her) I'll probably more thoroughly flesh out this concept at a later date.

So they melt through their chests to reach their core? That's metal

The only thing you did was to make SU even gayer then it is now. Only because you want to be pounded by dark skin colored iron hard dicks doesn't mean you have to invent this shit.

Uh oh, We got a badass over here!

I like the idea, the art is nice, and it's more fun than the stale memes and waifu shiposting at sug. Its a bit dumb, could be a lot worse, Why don't you go be the fun police in a Loud house or Star Vs thread?

Just dropping by to say this au is shit and OP is a faggot. By all means continue but this self fellatio is pathetic

I don't watch SU but I would watch this

I am already headbanging to metal in my head

>Sup Forums tries to make a Rule 63 parody of SU
>It comes out even gayer than the original
Never change.

No just Sup Forums, where people tell you when you are a dumbass.

I've seen this concept like a dozen times before.

Here's a better concept for a SU parody; Just replace Steven with this guy.

Couple of suggestions, perhaps the White Diamond analogue should be called Palladium since; while it is not commonly considered a precious metal, it is the fourth metal that is commonly used for investment purposes and is the one that usually has the highest value by weight. Also, I don't have a specific idea for what the name of the main group of metalloids should be called, but I would suggest something based off of "Rare Earth Metals".

>Opening song would be death metal
I can dig it.

>No just Sup Forums, where dumbasses call everyone else dumbasses regardless if it's warranted or not.

ftfy

who will Steffanie's love interest be?

I'd figure male Connie but idk how he'd fit into the story.
Any way we can squeeze him in probably.

Little punjabi boy whose parents push him to be a highly paid, highly respected cyborg mechanic and have long since implanted monitoring devices in all of his vital organs to make sure they function properly.

Either a obnoxious parody of the token hood black guy trope, or a obnoxious parody of Sup Forums

Conroy is a nerdy wealthy kid from a wealthy city who falls hopelessly in love with Stefanie and decided to run away with her and the guys to help them find that super weapon. He's kinda of a wimp and a liability at first but gets himself a weapon and works his but off to become a badass to impress Stef.

Why is this thread even here

Everything about this looks like ass

As aposed to white diamond chrarecters, the metaloids have a giant super computer that's older than any of them and was supposedly created by the people who invented the metaloids in the first place but since died out.

Because it's fun.

Basically Male Connie, but instead of Indian girl he's a black Jamaican boy whose parents are the wealthiest doctors in the uptown city. Starts off wimpy nerd but grows into a powerful warrior.

Why make it literally 100% the same as steven universe

Some elements should stay the same to make it a true parody so later something can contrast or conflict with it.
Otherwise it's just something with a similar premise and a derivative.

>Otherwise it's just something with a similar premise and a derivative.
That's exactly what it is though

Looks gay.
Perfect.

So you want to take it from Lesbian Space Rocks to Gay Space Metals.

It has a cool Terminator vibe though.

Go back to fucking reddit. I am sure someone there cares about your gay AU.

>It has a cool Terminator vibe though
"cool" Sure yeah.

Bump for interest

I drew a comic again but I'm on Mobil and I don't want to post huge images, so have this little snipit.

Can someone repost what lore we got from the last thread?
And is it still a parody?

Well that took way too long.
And still not done.

I gave up on editing them too much.
Might go back and make them digital later.

In a distantcyberpunk universe, the human race has colonizedmultiple planets. They end up at war with a race of aliens called the metalloids. The war wages on for years and amidst it a group of metalloids rebel against their leaders and a Copper soldier kills leader Platinum. Copper and his companions retreat to earth 5. At some point he’s separated from his friends and damaged. A human woman named Georgia repairs him and he stays with her in hiding. They fall in love and conceive a daughter Named Stefanie. Shortly after Stefanie is born though Copper realizes that while she is half metalo8id she lacks a core (wich is what allows metalloids to move and use their powers) Without a core she wouldn’t live very long. He sacrifices himself by giving his core to his daughter to save her. Stefanie grows up with her mom but around 14 or 15 her dad’s old friends come to find her and run off with her on a search for a super weapon that her father had hidden away years ago. They travel the worlds together with Georgia chasing after them trying to get her daughter back. Meanwhile Characters like Tungsten are sent on a mission to hunt down and retrieve Copper’s old core to gain the information contained inside.

And thus ends my little art show.
I may draw more later.

Holy crap that's so cool 10 out of 10 someone draw more stuff of this concept!

magnets already sounds like a huge disadvantage for this species

You could say that about Steven Universe

Indeed, like if you use the magnet powers is it like an electron magnet you could turn on or off?
Would the metalloid using the powers move rather than whatever they want to pull?
Or does it run on rule of cool and pull whatever they wants towards them?
Or does it work on some magic level?

On the flip side they don't have a massive weak point like the gems do.

Golden.

Maybe it should be similar to this comic where Stephanie brings up some illogical science thing but no one really answers her to what is going on other that vague magic bull shittery.

So is this the new Sup Forumsco/?
I'm cool with this replacing Sup Forumsco/.

But Sup Forums/co/'s not dead yet,

None of those metalloids look like men though. Why would an artist be capable of drawing well like that but incapable of making characters that look male?

THAT'S A FUCKING ZOID CORE
WHY YOU RIPPEN OFF ZOIDS?

Holy shit, you're right user.

Damn, artist guy, you could at least try and not ape off of other well known properties so blatantly.

Hey, we're just following Sugar's lead

All this does is remind me David Bowie is dead and will never voice a metallic man from the stars.

But why is Steven still fat?

And is he still retarded?

the designs are inspired by 80's glam rock. And Al is supposed to look effeminate.