ITT: Characters who aren't dead but are never ever coming back

Everybody from that team except Sam and Kaine.

You'll see them again the next time that Yost writes for marvel.

Never

It's a shame since I was starting to warm up to her and wanted to see more of her relationship with her father. Plus she would have made great waifu material.

I want to believe there's still a chance since Mania eventually came back, but I won't hold my breath.

>Mania
>still no Scorn

The other young avengers are still active or at least involve in books,it's weird how he's the only one who truly vanished

Why is Marvel so bad at retaining characters? There are so many that they have yet they just create new ones all the time.

At least Marvel haven't brought them back in an event or something just to kill them off for shock value. But being stuck in space until kingdom come isn't much better...

There's been some kind of lock down on him since like Children's Crusade because someone had reserved him for something. It has been theorised that he was supposed to become Captain America instead of Sam when Steve was old but I don't think anything has ever been confirmed.

Lock down because of Sam. Patriot is a black Cap before Black Cap was a thing.

This dude.

Shame really, I'm always a fan of monster people who must learn control or acceptance of their monster powers.

But TT wasn't popular enough, so we go back to green Beastboy and Starfire is back despite being like 25.

But, Ahura has been used quite a few times of late.

Aw dude, I was just about to say Cloud 9 or Armory.

Avengers Initiative was way more interesting than it had any right to be (barring the whole Slapstick thing)

Part of it is that these days it's considered bad practice to use someone else's characters, regardless of whether they own them or not.

>thinking Ahura is going to be used post Soule
He's not even going to be in IvX.

A better character than RiRi

Skitter was shit. Much rather have Bunker stay around and ignore the rest of Lobdell entirely

Welp she's never coming back

Well Bunker I think actually will stay around, even if he isn't in the current story arc.
But Skitter for sure is left for limbo.

How does that gun work?
Actually nvm, I've seen enough Zone cartoons to know I don't wanna know how it works.

Because every time they introduce a new character, it's either a legacy name everyone shits on because of the NOT MUHs or a literally who no one cares about (read: buys.)

Comic fans want everything to stay exactly the same with no variation whatsoever for 50 years.

>Book about the royal family soon
>Written by Ewing, the man who gets his dick hard whenever he uses an obscure character
Gee, i don't know

Fingers crossed, with Kaine coming back in Scarlet Spider, Aracelly will too.
I mean, damn she was the perfect foil for him.

Considering that show remembers everyone, they'll remember her eventually.

Maybe as a villain who ruins Hank's date with gill girl.

I watched the whole show with commentary recently and the only two times they mentioned her it was to say "we don't give a fuck about kim, she's not meant to be a recurring character , she's just a teenage girl we needed for two episodes"

Avengers Initiative was goddamn great. Good characters, great use of a new status quo, and a great spidey scene where he kicks a trainee's ass.

The New Warriors relaunch was taken from us far too soon. Fucking Marvel

Nah Justice will be back at some point, same with Speedball. Rest are gonners though.

I really liked Slott back then

I went back and re-read it recently, I'm not nearly as hot on the art as I was back then and some of the dialogue is a little hokey (pretty unreal how much typical dialogue has changed in such a short time) but it's still fun. The KIA arc is great

>tfw no Yost-written "Hummingbird and the Scarlet Spider" ongoing
Hurts to live, guys.

Who?
Supposedly Brevoort doesn't want him to come back because it would undermine his story, or something.

>because it would undermine his story
eh?

happy from I hate fairyland, I didn't have a proper picture at the time

Such a shame. Trauma's what got me to read A:TI in the first place, which then became my gateway drug into Marvel and superhero comics in general. Another character I really liked in it was this gal, Physique. We never got her real name or even an idea of what abilities she might have, aside from being a living 1:1-scale Visible Man.

Slapstick, though? Complete garbage. I'll be happy if he never shows up again.

FUCK at first i thought worm got a comic T^T

I liked Trauma too. Got me to read Avengers: IT and allowed me to find other nice characters like Cloud 9.

All of pre-reboot Archie Sonic. All of it. Fuck you Penders
This. Bunker was the only good thing to come out of that shitshow of a run. He'd be great under a good witer

Who is this?

Best part of Lemire's run on Superboy.

i rather have them gone than in bedis or any other nu-marvel retard

>Using y'all when referring to only one person.
This triggers the southerner.

IIRC it's some sort of mindrape gun.

Why did Penders have to ruin fucking everything?

I hate to say it, but I think she should never have been brought back. Her story had a satisfying conclusion, and apart from the cool new suit, only bad things have happened to her since her return.

he said "not dead". Kid Loki is dead as shit. It is not possible to be deader than he is.

Turned into an evil robot and blown up despite having the best Ant Man costume.

>Characters who aren't dead

You're breaking my heart, man.

>robot

> No Finesse and Taskmaster team up
> No Striker
> No HAZMAT and Mettle(PBUH) romance comic
> Veil and Dinoboy can suck a fat one.

Suffering.

yeah sure whatever you say m8

Pretty much any character created by Penders is in the same position.
I mean, every other character posted up until now could hypothetically come back. Penders' OCs? Never ever

On the one hand I really want to see Hummingbird and Kaine team up again and have fun adventures.

On the other hand, I would prefer she not appear in anything rather than be a victim of character assassination and all the mega bullshit surrounding the modern spider family

Just let Yost write another Kaine book for the love of god, Scarlet Spider Vol. 2 was fucking perfect

>Pretty much any character created by Penders is in the same position.
Well technically they're alive in his abomination fanfic, but since that's never coming out yeah they're dead

Breakin mah heart

Well except Scourge. Scourge is never coming back in anything.

Agreed. There's so much untapped potential with Hummingbird, and also IMO too much Mexica mythos tied into her character to just have her tossed to the side.

Oh look, the sin that won't be forgiven.

he show up at the end of death of x senpai

Pretty much any of the "Next Gen JSA Characters"
Stargirl
Cyclone
Damage
Tomcat
etc

Damage is dead and Stargirl shows up like every other Wednesday.
Thanks, Johns.

Probably a way not to fucking kill himself into nonexistece numbnuts.

Ok.

don't know if it's still in some comic

So long reptilian daughteru, we hardly knew you. Seriously, we didn't even get a backstory episode.

Karolina has moved on and started dating other people.

>sweating man .jpg

Ahura was mentioned in IvX already
Might see him sooner than you think

Not just Mantra, but the entirety of the Ultraverse is never coming back!

3/4

I fucking loved Gravity

One of the reasons I stopped reading Marvel was their inability to invest time in their cool new teen heroes. Avengers: The Initiative was a gold mine of interesting characters.

Why can't Marvel write teens super heroes anymore? What happened to them?

With the exception of Kamala and Miles who's is there even? Fucking Moon Girl.

She only comes back when Yost is writing.
But we can hope

He isnt, he was confirmed to be the same person but in a robot body (i think the name was Black Ant?) in the Illuminati's book

the rest of Champions for one...

Nova, Viv, Amadeus Chulk, Nadia Pym, the O5, X-23, Riri Williams, Ms. America, Kate Bishop, Falcon, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Bombshell, Goldballs, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Blindspot,

Most of the new Inhumans like Inferno, Iso, Naja, Flint, Grid, etc
And there's a new Generation X book coming out starring Jubilee, Quentin Quire, Bling!, Morph, Eyeboy, Nature Girl

>tfw no cyclone waifu

if its orlando writing the jsa book, I bet we see her.

Me too, user. Does that make us the cyclone kids?

too many that haven't shown up post-flashpoint to really say ;_;