VENOM (October 5, 2018)

Hype or tripe?

>Based on the Ultimate Universe, where the symbiote is a biotechnology experiment gone wrong.

>Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock, a troubled journalist who bonds with the symbiote to create Venom.

>Michelle Williams as District Attorney Ann Weying, Brock's ex-wife.

>Riz Ahmed as an "Elon Musk-esque" technology magnate who owns the laboratory where the symbiote is kept.

>Jenny Slate and Reid Scott as scientists working for Ahmed's character.

>The main villain will be Kleetus Kassady, a psychotic serial killer who bonds with another symbiote to create Carnage.

>Spider-Man is not part of the story, but the door is left open for Venom to potentially appear in the movies starring Tom Holland.

>Written by Jeff Pinkner ("The Amazing Spider-Man 2"), Scott Rosenberg ("Con Air") and Kelly Marcel ("Fifty Shades of Grey").

>Directed by Ruben Flescher ("Zombieland").

>Hard R action-horror movie.

Capeshit

>>Riz Ahmed as an "Elon Musk-esque" technology magnate who owns the laboratory where the symbiote is kept.
>Written by Jeff Pinkner ("The Amazing Spider-Man 2"), Scott Rosenberg ("Con Air") and Kelly Marcel ("Fifty Shades of Grey").

>Riz Ahmed

Thank God/allah he was cast, muslims might otherwise feel inclined to commit jihadist terror attacks.*

*This is what Riz Ahmed actually beliefs.

He played his hand and it paid off.

Him being a Tech-pajeet in the movie is outraging enough. No wonder the Venom experiment went wrong.

Sounds kinda' fun.

Tom Hardy is overexposed
Debate me

Literally anything with the big guy is hype

fuck yeah tom hardy as masked guy again

He's hardly in anything, and even the stuff he's been in, he barley speaks.
If anything, the man is criminally underrated

>Written by ("The Amazing Spider-Man 2"), ("Con Air") ("Fifty Shades of Grey").
>Directed by ("Zombieland").

What's the point of Venom if he can't harass Peter Parker and Mary Jane? Otherwise he's just a boring black and white villain, literally. How they gonna explain him looking so much like Spiderma-- fuck it, I don't even care.

Is Eddie Brock a big guy?

Within reason.

"Con Air" is fucking kino.

>How they gonna explain him looking so much like Spiderma

>Ultimate Venom

There's your answer.

>Based on the Ultimate Universe, where the symbiote is a biotechnology experiment gone wrong.
I like the OG lore with the Symbiote being an Alien more but ok.

>Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock, a troubled journalist who bonds with the Symbiote to create Venom.
Weird that they're going with the Ultimate version for the Symbiote but not with the Ultimate young Eddie Brock, probably because they wanted to shoehorn a famous actor in there.

>Michelle Williams as District Attorney Ann Weying, Brock's ex-wife.
Why not.

>Riz Ahmed as an "Elon Musk-esque" technology magnate who owns the laboratory where the symbiote is kept.
Diversity, check.

>Jenny Slate and Reid Scott as scientists working for Ahmed's character.
I don't care enough to look them up.

>The main villain will be Kleetus Kassady, a psychotic serial killer who bonds with another symbiote to create Carnage.
Nice, I wonder who will play him.

>Spider-Man is not part of the story, but the door is left open for Venom to potentially appear in the movies starring Tom Holland.
Good, that means that he has his own film fully for him alone.

Into the trash it goes.

Movie is already ruined by the writers so I don't care anymore.

>Hard R action-horror movie.
The fuck does Nigger action-horror movie mean?

>Based on the Ultimate Universe

Weren't Brock and Peter were childhood friends in Ultimate Universe?

Yes, and they were both like 16

In the comics he was a 6 and a half foot tall Dolph Lundgrenesque beast

>action-horror

How these two goes together?

There's rumors he's either playing chameleon or the jackal

>Capeshit
>none of them wears a cape

Oh great, a movie that features a Muslim actor in a peripheral role, I bet that will upset the fuck out of Sup Forums.

Aliens.

Dog Soldiers

>The main villain will be Kleetus Kassady,
I'm already cringing

>hating Riz Ahmed
mongs should go and die. I bet most of the drumpfykiddies weren't even born when Four Lions came out

>Kleetus
Too fucking early for him, cancel this shit

>Nice, I wonder who will play him.
I've got the perfect guy for this role

Despicable me 2

>You're a big guy
>FOR US

Robert Knepper for Kletus Kassady.

I unironically think this could work lol. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach actually looked similar and he's CrAzYy but he's older now.

kek

Is it part of the MCU?

>Based on the Ultimate Universe
And that's where they fucked up

>He saves cartoons to his computer

How the fuck do you explain that to your girlfriend?

If it's a success, yes, if not, no