Where were you when Mario's cartoon and comic background of coming from the real world is now canon?

Where were you when Mario's cartoon and comic background of coming from the real world is now canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIhagVVGB9s
youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4
youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saipan#Civilian_casualties
youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k
legendsoflocalization.com/what-does-japan-think-of-little-mac-in-smash-bros/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they do not look like the same species

Have some respect for manlets please.

Because he is italian

nice try champ, we already had that joke done over at Sup Forums

WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN

Can confirm, my uncle is itallian, and he looks like Mario, only 6 ft tall.

if that's him in the real world then how does he get work as a plumber?

Because he has an easier time getting inside pipeworks and shit.

That looks completely fucking terrible. Mario in the real world is a terrible idea. If people looked like him it would be fine, but holy shit he looks like a cartoon character completely out of place. Like he came out from a completely different game.

Probably all that sewer work and crawling through pipes really fucked up his spine

thats not the real world though, it seems to be new donk city, a strange world based on 1930/20s new york

this was slightly canon when solid snake and link fought him in SSb with human proportions

How do you feel about new Zelda?

>they do not look like the same species

According to Super Mario World 2, Mario and Luigi originate from the Mushroom Kingdom, but somehow wound up in Brooklyn.

So that probably explains why they don't look like normal humans.

cute!

I'm more concerned with the fact that Nintendo's graphical capabilities haven't improved one iota since the Gamecube.

I anything that confirms quite the opposite:

If what was shown in that trailer is the real world than Mario is obviously not a native.

And there's a pretty good chance it isn't, seeing how the real world has no place called New Donk City.

>Bomberman is alive

the best news

>Bomberman lives
>Metroid nowhere to be seen

I actually got excited like a little kid again when watching trailer.

Fuck Sup Forums's meme opinion, PC + Nintendo is the right choice, none of the game Sony promises that end up being multiplat or Microsoft cancels get me as excited.

will link finally get the girl?

Didn't the Super Show establish Luigi's personality as a skittish coward, which the Nintendo canon then adapted?

Or was there some Nintendo precedent of Luigi as a wimp that predates the Super Show?

I would buy ANYTHING if I could play a non-jap only dragons dogma sequel. Fuck the MMO I want one about the rift. Or even just another campaign run by a different seneschal.
Everything else is irrelevant to me or can be done on PC

You are lying. The next 3D Mario game is about parallel universes.

>finally
>implying every Link didn't fuck his Zelda except maybe TP

BUT FIRST...

nintendo is good at animation

would you watch a cgi nintendo cartoon?

youtube.com/watch?v=BIhagVVGB9s

I got stuck on dragon's dogma after a couple king missions when I didn't know where to go or who to speak to and then my Xbox got kill
I'm on a new PC, It was a good game but I never got why everyone was so crazy about it, does it get better? The best part I remember playing was the griphon quest

yes, but only if has link and zelda in it

Have i missed some big nintendo anouncment or something.

Adventure of Link Link was pussy magnet.

Can't beat Dragon's Dogma because hub world is too big and empty. Gets boring when you run around same goddamn areas over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Only if they won't go Sega route with mix of live of action with Sanic.

Why can't they make just a big ass video game ass cutscene.

Just take this fucking piece of shit and make it into a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4

Big reason why Sonic Boom works is because there is no fucking Chris Dyke.

I'm actually astonished they haven't made a CGI Mario movie yet.

>Bowser has Peach as his phone wallpaper
cute

Nintendo ain't looking into movie business since.

youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

I couldn't watch that shit
If only because I'd get pissy that the GeNUdo chick could never be Link's endgame

Made for breeding.

Ugly as fuck.

It's one of my favourite of all time. The lore is great and so is the world building if you take the time to look into stuff. All your side missions have weird little continuities to them some unlock actual quests later on too. The visuals are nice, I really like the style and appraoch like magic being veins of energy pulsing out of a void.
If you didn't like it by then I'm not sure it's for you. Going exploring and instead finding Wyrms or Griffins is a lot of the fun. Looking at the beautiful scenery and spotting rare tokens for doing so.
I really like the seneschal concept and same with the concepts introduced in the DLC (which is one massive dungeon with a roaming boss as well as level bosses and so on)
Further it's the first game that has your last action be the exestential choice to kill yourself because you're bored of Godhood.

REEEE!

No, they just won't let Americans touch their IPs on a creative level anymore.

They even took the Metroid franchise away from the Texas-based studio and gave it to a Japanese studio, even though the Prime games were popular in the US and selling well. They couldn't stand the idea of one of their IPs being developed by gaijin.

>empty
Not really at all. There are heaps of little locales hidden away intentionally for you to find them. The world is filled with monster but the map is peppered with scenic views (tokens are hidden in those location so you're rewarded for exploring and enjoying the game world). Some of them are weird tracks and 'jumping puzzles' so you miss out a lot.

Dogma is best played in short sessions. Unlike other Rpgs you get fatigued if you want to do all the side missions and such. Instead Dogma is at it's peak when you come home from work, prep up your party of pawns and venture forth on another tour of gransys, both for the quests and loot but also for the adventure through familiar old locales and grand new scenery.

>zelda crying
it hurts
whoever did this will pay

I don't know, senpai. I'd agree with you I'd the tablet wasn't $300. Paid online doesn't sound good either.

Tbh the games that interest me look good (Mario, Zelda, Mario kart, and bomber man). Fire emblem warriors might be pretty good too.

How do you know they TOOK it away and Donkey Kong wasn't just something Retro Studios wanted to work on?

Donkey Kong is a Nintendo IP as well.

And they could stand gaijin making games with their IPs for 5 years Retro has been making those games?

It was you. She asked you to the Hyrule Homecoming dance but you already told the brown girl you'd go with her.

This really is the most unexpected part of the trailer. I guess it kind of shows that we've gone so long with "Girl Power" characters that actually seeing a female character break down crying just felt refreshing, in a way. She's actually showing vulnerability in a way that doesn't make her seem like a trophy to rescue.

I wonder what kind of story they are going with this time.

Feels like it might be something you'd see in a Ghibli anime thus far.

Actually this. A FEMALE CHARACTER SHOWING MOMENT OF WEAKNESS FOR LEGITIMATE REASONS? Blasphemy!

Nintendo has always has this weird culture where they're more concerned with the honor of ethnic purity than critical success or profits. They'd prefer that games featuring their IPs made by foreigners fail then succeed, because seeing outsiders do their jobs better than them is a blow to their corporate pride.

Shigeru Miyamoto went on record despising the Donkey Kong Country games, despite all the success they made, and took them away from Rare as soon as he could.

Prime was a huge success in the US, but since FPS games are non-existent in the Japanese market, it was more important that they make Metroid games that appeal to the Japanese than to foreigners contrary to all profits.

We'll never see a Nintendo IP developed by non-Japanese in any significant capacity again. Because the last thing Nintendo wants is foreigners treating their IPs well and making them money. It offends their honor.

>Bowser being a dad
Why is it so good?

I mean she never was really a Grrl Power stereotype and Gooks never play that shit in the first place.

I think he meant in the grand scheme of things and especially comparing to what West has been doing.

People give a shit about Mario continuity?

D E M T H I G H S

Literally nothing of this is right.

No company will ever sacrifice profit for "ethnic purity". Profit is literally only reason companies exist. If Nintendo wanted games based on their IPs, but developed by gaijins, to fail, Retro Studios wouldn't have had any work right now and they are working on a new game as we speak.

In fact, Zelda CD-I games happened directly because Nintendo is willing to work with other companies and share their IPs.

Rare stopped doing Donkey Kong games because Microsoft bought them to make Kinect games.

What the hell's your game?

She looks amphibian, dude.

>In fact, Zelda CD-I games happened directly because Nintendo is willing to work with other companies and share their IPs.

The Mario and Zelda CD-I games are one of the reasons WHY Nintendo avoids working with non-Japanese developers.

Its cute to see evil monster doing family related things

No Zelda will ever be as cute as OoT Zelda and Wind Waker Zelda.

minish cap and spirit tracks are good contenders

>Bomberman in the next Smash Bros

Clearly we now know who the favorite Bowser child is. I feel bad for the other neglected Koopalings. Wendy is going to grow up with daddy issues and become a slut. The others will become drug addicts.

Nintendo's outlook on and willingness to cooperate with or appeal to foreigners has changed dramatically over the decades.

Back in the day, Nintendo desperately wanted to appeal to the US market and modified their games or developed them outright with American audiences in mind. When the Japanese Mario 2 was rejected by Howard Phillips because it didn't have enough US appeal, Miyamoto and Nintendo went about reworking another game to create a Mario 2 JUST FOR Americans.

But Japanese culture as a whole has been retreating inwards over the past 20 years and becoming more isolationist, and so Nintendo has been adapting to fit that new cultural attitude. So they're pulling out from using foreign developers and they're outright eliminating the idea of creating games that will even so much as APPEAL to foreigners (like Metroid as an FPS series). They want to consolidate their user base as BY Japanese people FOR Japanese people. If foreigners enjoy the games as a consequence, great, but they will never be FOR them again.

That's just how Nintendo rolls, these days.

>that 30° climbing
Holy shit this looks amazing
I am guessing this came with a bunch of other trailers for the switch is there a video of all of them or a list so i dont miss any

Jr. is his only real child. The rest are just adopted, who cares about them.

>yes they do
No, they don't.

I took liberty of condensing your argument into what it is.

My argument is that Nintendo would not sacrifice cash money for "ethnic purity" you made up and there is a recorded history of Nintendo working with Western devs and your claims "they hated doing nothing and making money for half a decade" is ridiculous.

>Clearly we now know who the favorite Bowser child is. I feel bad for the other neglected Koopalings.

The Koopalings were retconned from being Bowser's offspring to his minions. Junior is his only canonical kid, now.

>Japanese business run by Japanese people is xenophobic and would choose financial suicide over loss of face by compromising with gaijin

Wow, wotta surprise.

Ganon did it

Are you gonna let him get away with it?

Nintendo has always been wary of what gaijin would like or not. That's why they didn't even bother with releasing Mother in the West.

That's how Japs are, not Nintendo.

It even can be explained by simple logic of making profit. Sometimes it just feels like it's best not to even attempt, than make costs on translations, shipping and then not selling.

Retro Studios will be working on Nintendo IPs as long as they make profit. That's how it works, that's how it worked, that's how it will work.

That's fucking gay. Where did this retcon happen?

When Nintendo remembered they existed a few years back.

the way you present Japanese people as some sort of stupid cattle is pretty xenophobic to begin with.

Literally 14 years ago.

They'll always be Bowser's kids to me

We are talking about the people that greenlighs punch out
They clearly don't give a shit about racism

>the way you present Japanese people as some sort of stupid cattle is pretty xenophobic to begin with.

O rly?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saipan#Civilian_casualties

>At the end of June, Hirohito sent out an imperial order encouraging the civilians of Saipan to commit suicide. As described by Bergamini, the order authorized the commander of Saipan to promise civilians who died there an equal spiritual status in the afterlife with those of soldiers perishing in combat. General Hideki Tōjō intercepted the order on 30 June and delayed its sending, but it went out anyway the next day. By the time the Marines advanced on the north tip of the island, from 8–12 July, most of the damage had been done. 1,000 Japanese civilians committed suicide.

All it takes is a directive from their Emperor and they'll throw themselves off cliffs by the thousands.

That was nearly 100 years ago. Stop shitposting please.

Nevermind i found the presentation time to rape my bandwith

Yet when every Japanese person in an american media has a katana and dyed hair, it's just "a funny joke bro".
Let's face it, you are projecting your own hate of foreigners on "them".

Funny you should mentioned Punch-Out.

Little Mac appearing in the recent Smash Bros was an attempt by Hal (not Nintendo) to include a character popular with Americans. The Punch Out series is almost completely unknown in Japan.

There's a great translated collection of reactions from Japanese gamers where they are absolutely LIVID at the reveal of Little Mac. They're furious that Hal included a character only popular with Americans and felt that it was a betrayal to the loyal Japanese fanbase.

They wanted more Pokémon.

dude are you quoting history book to justify your blind hate of modern people who did nothing like that? You are the fucking xenophobe fuck there. All you needed to hate 100 million people and with them death was 5 lines of wikipedia.

>Let's face it, you are projecting your own hate of foreigners on "them".

You lose, weeb.

youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k

Interesting. Source?

>autistic faggots manage to turn a fun thread into a shitposting contest

Please, PLEASE just fuck off.

Fucking chills.

>online is a paid service
GOD FUCKING DAMIT NINTENDO YOU ARE MEANT TO BE BETTER THEN THIS.
You used to save us from microsofts retardation.

>no region locking
Ok i can't stay mad

>ignoring the virtual boy
Kek

>Interesting. Source?

legendsoflocalization.com/what-does-japan-think-of-little-mac-in-smash-bros/

>He’s extremely popular overseas and has been around since the Famicom days. I only learned about him from Captain Rainbow, though
>Too niche, should’ve been left as a trophy. They should be using other companies’ characters before ones like this
>I’m not as mad as I am dumbfounded. These character choices are such a joke
>Newer, cooler characters please
>Who gains anything from including characters like this nobody wants?
>He’s not well-known in Japan but he’s a pretty popular character overseas. There’s always been a big demand for him to be included.
>I’m honestly disappointed. I holding on to hope that you’ll actually pick some popular characters, Sakurai
>I bet foreigners are delighted.
>No one knows this guy

And so on. Including 1 character out of 30 to appeal to foreigners was an unforgiveable offense to the Japanese.

Mario isn't an indicator of real humans even in the Mushroom Kingdom. Humans would look closer to Peach than they would to Mario.

Wow japs really are cunts

This is adorable.

We have a lot in common with them, like that.

>they wanted more pokemon
Why are jap unilaterally awful in taste?

I believe New Donk City is near the ruins of Station Square.

I fucking love jap zenophobia. Good on them for knowing who they are and what the stand for.
Still sounds funny when he says that.

>but holy shit he looks like a cartoon character completely out of place.
That's most likely the whole point

>OoT of Zelda being the cutest
I mean, I guess if you're one of those people knee deep in nostalgia and ignorance, sure.