SOFIA COPPOLA

What are you're thoughts about Sofia Coppola and her movies?

I want her to rape me with her nose

Will never forgive her for Godfather part 3.

nepotism

only good movie is the Virgin Suicides and she probably didn't do shit

turbo jew, also cousin jason schwartzman

lost in translation is the best thing she's done by a mile

Go away Spike. You were played by Giovanni Ribisi.

>only good movie is the Virgin Suicides

Lost in translation is one of the best films of the last 30 years.

unironically thought she was super qt in godfather 2. im a sucker for big beaks

Who represented Bill Murray in that fucking movie?

sure thing buddy

More talented than Max Landis but still only famous because of her daddy.

>im a sucker for big beaks
Muh man.

Name your top 10 then

Lost in Translation is unironically one of the best films of the 2000's

BIG ASS TEEFF

I really liked Lost in Translation. Haven't seen anything else by her though.

I blame daddy for that one.

1. Пиcьмa мёpтвoгo чeлoвeкa (1986, Lopushansky)
2. Un condamné à mort s'est échappé (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Love Streams (1984, Cassavetes)
5. 牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, Yang)
6. Duelle (1976, Rivette)
7. Alice in den Städten (1974, Wenders)
8. Le Rayon Vert (1986, Rohmer)
9. Սայաթ-Նովա (1968, Parajanov)
10. Mauvais Sang (1986, Carax)

stale pasta

One of the better filmmakers working today thats for sure.
All of her films are either really good or outstanding, except for The Bling Ring which is astoundingly awful.

mean girls is kino

I need to fuck that big brained bitch so hard

You'd be right too

I don't know man. What's Sup Forumss position on this?
t. Sup Forums

just rewatched virgin suicides and lost in translation

to me virgin is one of the better combos of academic film and industry cinema, just feels that way. covered by an indie and artsy movie there's a structure and vision of a great filmmaker with know-how of the industry and how to construct a good film

lost is the opposite, one of the worst posible results of an academic auteur turned industry filmmaker, on the surface there's a great slick film with evocative visual mood but beyond that it's fucking empty

that said, there's nothing wrong with that. far from a failure even with my PERSONAL perspective of it: coppola didn't go for more than evoke feelings and sensations of her time in tokyo... with bill murray having a sudden connection with a random. i read interviews with she stating how surprising the reception seems to her, i guess because of this.

long read, sorry but opened Sup Forums to see if there was a thread about her. just watched this 2 and tomorrow i see The Beguiled. coppola is an interesting director and i enjoy her work, probably watching marie antoinette (never seen it) after the beguiled and staying away from the bling shit cause i fear she may have dropped the ball hard on that one

Yeah but it's directed by Wong Kar Wai

straight up putting on a foot clinic

..But I poop from there...

SOFIA COPPLA POWER-RANKING:
1. LOST IN TRANSLATION
2. THE BEGUILED
3. SOMEWHERE
4. THE VIRGIN SUICIDES
5. THE BLING RING
6. MARIE ANTOINETTE
7. A VERY MURRAY CHRISTMAS

its well known that sofia grooms and eventually molests younger actresses

>It took some time to convince Scarlett Johansson that a lingering shot of her bottom, encased in sheer, pink pants, was categorically the only way that director Sofia Coppola could open Lost in Translation, officially the hottest film of next year. Johansson had reservations. 'I really didn't want to do the sheer underwear,' she says. She's not being coy about it. Coy isn't in her repertoire. It doesn't go with her voice, which is low, sardonic, fag-filled. 'I told Sofia. I said, I'll wear underwear, if it isn't sheer. I had to wear underwear, like, the whole movie. It became very easy for me to trounce around in my underwear, in front of a large group of Japanese men. A skill I probably won't utilise again, admittedly. But sheer... sheer was... different.'

>Coppola talked Johansson round. She wanted sheer pink underwear. She'd written precisely those pants into the script. She knew which brand she wanted. Coppola's an aesthete. These kind of things aren't negotiable. And in the end, after Coppola had modelled the pants personally, and Johansson had admired the way they looked on her director's minuscule frame, she agreed.

This. Lost in Translation is top tier sad comfy.

sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffff

shit

The Godfather Part 3 should have never existed and she's also not very good

I absolutely love Lost in Translation. In my top 10 favourite movies of all time.

I like Marie Antoinette. Historically it's very questionable but it's a good movie in its own right, and it's an interesting and unique approach for a historical film, like the tone and music and such.

I liked Somewhere, although it feels like a more depressing, R-rated version of Lost in Translation with a worse setting and no likable characters.

Haven't seen any of her other movies and have no desire to.

You're triggering my Jewkemia. I'd fuck every Naomi on the planet.

>after Coppola had modelled the pants personally, Johansson had admired the way they looked on her director's minuscule frame
hmm

This kikes ass is the chosen ass

I watched The Beguiled the other night. Was pretty good.

What is Sofia's type do you reckon? Could it be that she's into blondes?

If her name wasn't Coppola, she'd be flipping burgers or sucking dicks on the street corner, because nobody would be crazy enough to produce her films.

She probably has a complex about being jew. She'd like to be blonde with blue eyes.

Really sad to see Kirsten Dunst getting older. She was such a beauty back few years ago. Now on a picture with Elle Fanning she looks like a alcohol-addcited

I enjoyed the Plutarchian look at the life of Marie Antoinette but the majority of her films have the usual coldness of female directed cinema.

sofias_harem.jpg

Does lost in translation justify cheating?

Lost in Translation is horrid. truly one of the most overrated movies ever made.

The Bling Ring is sort of fun

>Horsegirl from the outsiders
God damn she looks normal now

I heard the rumor that she still wants to be the “Super” model !!!

Wew this board is pleb and normie to the max. The bling ring and marie antoinette are her only good films. Why do you all pretend you aren't r/movies?

Don't understand how she can be so fucking untalented.

I've only seen Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette. Lost in Translation was really good and Marie Antoinette wasn't great, but it was okay. The costumes and set designs were really well done.

>Lost in translation is one of the best films of the last 30 years.

Virgins leave.

>I absolutely love Lost in Translation. In my top 10 favourite movies of all time.
The fuck is up with the sheer number of faggot betas here susceptible to the loser faggot feels of that yawn fest? low test noodle arm queer.

Her newest movie was actually really good. Bet you haven't seen it though, have you, Sup Forums?

Am I the only one who is sick of women dying their fucking hair? Natty or bust

hol up lemme just correct you on that, i'm a low test noodle arm queer and I do not enjoy lost in translation, I just wanted to put that out there.

it's baby's first depression/existential crisis movie

lel

I like palo alto. Not a good movie but provides good material of Emma for me to yank my dick to.
>that close up of her crotch, little cotton panties
>leg quiver

Jailbait kino

They give me brain aneurysms.

Nevermind, wrong coppola

Prancing around in her bloomers

Forgot pic

1%er born on home plate.
yeah she totally paid her dues to get the opportunity to direct her first film by 45.. right?