I'm really tempted to watch this, but a little bit afraid that this is just a meme show and a complete waste of my time...

I'm really tempted to watch this, but a little bit afraid that this is just a meme show and a complete waste of my time. I like to hear more opinions.

I liked it. It might be a bit slow if you have an attention span shorter than a chipmunks on crack.

Nah, i'm can make this. It's the themes that bothers me the most.

no interesting characteriztion, character arcs, or interesting ideas explored. it becomes spooky due to juxtoposition and strange effects. the plot is beyond terrible, lot sof wasted screen time on no development of plot,character,setting. people find the atmosphere comfortable, but tense and that was e nough to gain attention. plus it had waifus

What about the themes bother you?

Check out the pilot, if you aren't into it don't force yourself. It is odd as fuck

In many ways it's a quasi-satire of day time drama shows that aren't really big anymore

That said it is referenced everywhere... Seem to had big impact on people who make horror and detective fiction now.

Also that's some good coffee

This sounds like the opposite of Twin Peaks. Obviously season 2 goes to garbage (albeit comfy garbage) but then it comes back stronger than ever

It's the greatest show of all time but retards who refer to things as "meme shows" don't deserve it, so skip it OP.

this post shows you are too pleb for it anyways. Don't bother

I'm don't really know them, that's it.

Thank, user. I already read, but just this don't get my attention, it's the jabber of the autistic kids in here that makes me think im losing something.

Turns bad in season 2? Well, to the trash goes then. I have this experience with true detective and was frustrating.

>being this gay

>There are people on this board who don't think Season 3 was utter trash

>comfyfag

Watch the pilot at least. The entire show is comfy even if the quality dips in season 2.

Well before disregarding it, here's the story of what happened. Season 1 was great, but kinda out there and they faced cancellation. So they put some nice cliffhangers in there, got peoples interest, and got a second season. Except ABC demanded that they resolve the central mystery AND doubled the number of episodes. So Season 2 starts off strong, gets to episode 9, solves the mystery and then... what could it do from there? David Lynch left the show to go make Wild at Heart, so from episodes 10 to around 18 we just have trivial adventures of the twin peaks characters. Its kinda pointless but its still comfy and its still the characters you'll grow to love. There are a couple plot lines that are pretty bad, but for the most part its just camp, and only 8 episodes, I really don't recommend skipping because they still contain a few important snippets. But then by episode 19 Lynch us back and things are in order. The season finale is one of the single most stunning episodes of tv ever made. It makes the wait way worth it. Its not a case of true detective at all
Hardly. I thought season 3 was the best one and FWWM better than them all. I'm just saying that even though it loses what makes twin peaks stand out as so great, its still enjoyable

Its great. Basically, as far as themes go, the narrative frame is a murder in a very small town. The FBI comes in to investigate. The main things it portrays is how the murder greatly affects the small town and how the FBI finds that the murder us part of a much bigger picture, one that becomes quite difficult to understand. So this narrative explores themes of the dark underbelly of quaint small towns. It looks at abuse. And more broadly it explores the idea of multiple identities and other plains of existence, the ideas of afterlife and doppelgängers. Now stylistically, the show parodies to a degree the soap operas of the time. So that puts some people off. But it is both a very intriguing murder mystery and a great look into spirituality and the surrealness of our world possibly coming into contact with another dimension of sorts

It's pretty boring. Halfway through the second season it loses focus and introduces all these pointless plots that go nowhere. Final episode is great though, so it pays off.

Haven't seen the new season, but I'm sure it's better.

only season 3 is a meme show.

(You)

The whole show is worth it once you finally get the scene where you meet this young man with a beautiful boipucci.

Here's the order you should watch it, if you're interested (I also took the time to write some descriptions of the quality of each season)

>Season 1: Comfy show that hints at some supernatural elements

>First half of Season 2: Expands upon Season 1 and solves the mystery
>Middle of Season 2: Irredemable trash, sort of entertaining but mainly bad. Worth skipping (none of it really gets referenced in the movie or Season 3)
>Final Episode of Season 2: God tier cinema

>Movie: Kino with a capital K, transcends everything the show ever had. Sort of works as a standalone prequel film, but spoils the main mystery (so watch after Season 2). God tier music, visuals, and acting. Also very different to the show (serious, less campy and disturbing). My favourite installation.

>Season 3: Lynch goes full schizo. Feels like a bunch of random skits / scenes Lynch wanted to shoot, edited into a single season. Expect a REALLY slow moving plot that spans 2 weeks, which gives insight into how the world has changed since Season 2, what "happened" to the main character, as well as expanding the lore greatly. Still god-tier though, and anyone who disagrees is a chump. Overall, there are A LOT of episodes / scenes that completely blow away the movie and original show. Again, very different from the original show (feels like a funnier, slightly more comedic version of the movie).

Funnily enough, I don't enjoy the show for waifus or a meme plot, I enjoy it for the supernatural / FBI stuff and the visuals. There's really nothing quite like it.

>doesnt want to watch a "meme" show
>asks for a larger amount of opinions
do you not know what the word meme means or are you saying youll watch it if a bunch of people say they havent heard of it?

Stop being a pussy. Watch it all.

I could never get past the first episode. It was quite possibly the worst pilot I've ever seen in my life.

>3DPD
>waifus

Kinda late, but thanks, user. Have a nice life :3

Season 1: Comfy Kino 9/10
Season 2: Comfy Kino that becomes a lot worse halfway through 7.5/10
FWMM: Pure Kino 10/10
The Return: Pure Kino 10/10

Very generically--someone greenlit a very creative person and he got to do the most amazing things he ever wanted to. A deranged soap opera; down to the theme song. He attained to the point where literally anything was possible--kind of like Chris Carter/X-Files. Very creative people, caught up in the moment where they were allowed to totally do their own thing.

I brought up X-Files; two extremes--the hallucinogenic mushroom episode (Field Trip) and the "under the bed" (Home) episodes. Also under CC, Millennium demon episode (Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me). Plenty more, but can you BELIEVE that this shit got past censors?!!! Lynch likes to twist in the same way, but less viscerally. NETWORK TV, JACK!!!

It's unique enough that it deserves a watch OP, although that only applies to the first season. The second season is for people that absolutely loved the first. In episodes 1-6 of the second season literally nothing at all happens. No real character development, no plot events, nothing.

The first two seasons are great. Season 3 is the meme show.