Get raped

>get raped
>guy is caught and then released
>have a patient who is a mob boss that would kill the piece of shit for you if you told him what happened
>"No"

How/why was this a moral dilemma?

I'm sure Tony would have done it as a favor. He loves doing favors for people.

because rape is not the equivalent of murder. glad i could help.

It's to show she's a truly good person. That despite having all the power to exact revenge on someone for a massive wrongdoing (which all the mafia boys do for a small slight) she does not.

You're right, rape is much worse.

Because if you kill your enemies, they win

Dont you have a clown to catch batsy

>Op being dumb faggot again

>she's a truly good person

How is letting a violent rapist get away free "good" in any way, shape or form?

Pussies are literally designed to take dicks. Why are women such whiny cunts?

She just didnt want to owe tony anything. This isnt about her being good its about being in the pocket of an unstable violent man

Murder, which was seemingly the only other option available to her in Tony, wouldn't be justified. It's the police's job to keep the rapist off the street, not the victim's.

>That quote

Yea i'm sure Tony would tax her for going after a rapist.

Yea but the police failed and she pussied out and he's free to rape as much as he wants to until someone stops him.

How does Tony not recognize rape scars?

Yes, he would. That's what he would do. Every argument after that he would dangle that over her head if she told him

What if he asked her for a favor at a later time?
Like lying to the police or something she didnt want to do?
she couldnt say no if she wanted to

>muh integrity

Had it been written in a way that she wasn't 100% sure that it was him like he was wearing a mask or something I'd accept it more.

But her knowing it was him and knowing where he was and that she could have stopped him from assaulting another woman fucking pisses me off

Still not her problem. Honestly, I would be shocked if the guy wasn't being shadowed for a while by cops anyway. Even a shitty underfunded police department doesn't like letting shit like that slide.
It's just bruises man.

oh naive user

Because doing the right thing is not always easy.

Sometimes it means eating a shit sandwich life gives you, in order to prove that when things get their absolute worse, you will stand by your convictions of what is right and what is wrong as opposed to selling out and doing the wrong thing and being a hypocrite.

But more importantly? It was proven to be the right thing because, as we saw, Tony eventually made a romantic pass at her when he was separated from Carmela. Had she arranged for Tony to murder her rapist, then Tony would have used that to force her against her will into a romantic relationship and thrown it into her face, when she gave Tony her reason for not wanting to date him (IE she would have to give him hell for being a gangster because she couldn't tolerate dating a criminal).

Her "reward" was being able to shut Tony down when that happened and ultimately, being able to extract herself from Tony's orbit when she had enough of his crap, without Tony blackmailing her into staying.

And he doesn't suspect ANY abuse involved?

Also how hard would it have been for him to find out what really happened to her with all his connections? A later episode should've shown him offing the rapist just as a chore or something, never bringing it up with Melfi but just having the satisfaction of knowing he took care of it.

IIRC Tony stopped spying on Melfi at the start of season two after she tried to cut Tony off when he had her go MIA so that he could kill Junior's crew off.

Also, he was going through a lot of shit at the time (his affair with the crazy car salesman, AJ fucking up at school, Jackie Jr being retarded, Meadow dating a black guy). He most likely didn't think to deeply into Melfi's looking like hell warmed up, especially since she was not forthcoming with details.

this but also she just didn't want to be a fucking mobster and possibly go to jail

as if any of you cunts would do it

If you have to ask the question, there is no way anyone would be able to explain it to you.

You are possibly a sociopath. Seek counseling.

It's true though, if said in an edgy way. Being 'nice' or 'tolerant' only because you are a pussy isn't really being nice or tolerant. It's being a pushover.

Being willing and able to fight, or use power in whatever for you possess it over, someone and choosing not to because you have empathy is a different thing.

but why did melfi not think of other potential victims?

Only a virtue-signalling faggot would say a rapist shouldn't be killed.

The only reason it makes sense for her not to have told Tony is, as noted, that she didn't want to owe him anything.

I can see your flag

all that for a piece of gabagool?

This. Milfy's convictions were strong enough to avoid her getting more intertwined with a man who was serious bad news just to enact vigilante justice/revenge. It's not her place nor Tony's to punish the rapist.

i don't think you were paying attention

Melfie spends the whole show looking down her nose at Tony for his criminality and thuggish machismo. for her to call on him to be her white knight to murder a guy would be a moral defeat for her on multiple levels

YOU OWE HIM A FUCKING DIME YOU'LL HEAR SOME GREAT SPEECHES

OP is too stupid for nuance in a character

I get why she didn't tell him, but do you know how goddamn satisfying it would have been to see personally kill that rapist son of a bitch?

>rape is much worse than death

i want millenials, faggets and fucking women to leave

Exactly. You're not a "Good Person". You just never had to be anything but.

>OP never paid any attention to the show
Masterpieces like this show are wasted on people like you.