Oh, you thought you were special?

Oh, you thought you were special?

Fucking brutal.

>You aren't going to kill me, are you?
>That depends, what's your model number?
>Why don't you look under my eye and check?

You lean forward to scan her eye and while you do so she steals a kiss.

What do you do?

For all K did all he got for it in the end was a warm feeling before he died of blood loss in the snow.

Shoot her 5 times in chest in under a second, then retrieve her eyeball for inspection later.
If anyone asks, she was trying to snap my neck.

go buy some mouthwash after riping its eye out because that thing is not a woman

jesus christ this film keeps getting better and better

Well doesn't that make it cleaner?

That was probably more feeling than he had ever experienced in his entire life.

All lost...like tears...in rain.
I almost heard him say 'time to die'. That scene made me well up a bit.

*Real Human Bean starts playing*

It doesn't show him actually dying and your interpretations are moot

if he is a robot why the fuck did they program him to need to eat and need love. Why does he even have a apartment and he just isnt plugged in to recharge at like some charging station. this movie was stupid.

>It doesn't show him actually dying

It didn't need to.

That's a good Joe.

>sun roof gets up and flies around
>any potential rain will literally shower the fuck out of that car

What the fuck

they are replicants AKA artificial humans you fucking mongoloid

Was he special snowflake? Is that what the snow means at the end?

Your right, they just played tears in rain as a funny joke.

Yet during that whole scene my mind was auto humming "real human bean, and a real hero"
K felt feels that we can only imagine

he became a real human
independent from the orders of others and died doing his own choices
REAL
HUMAN BEAN

>The only means of finding replicants shown in either film is empathy tests, microscopic serial numbers, and the eyeballs of newer models

Why don't they just use a metal detector? lmao

But isn't the point that he IS special, in the end? That they all are?

That's the best thing he could have gotten.
Bladerunning is a dangerous job, being a skinner, even more so. Under the best circumstances he was gonna get retired in maybe a few years.

Fucking plebs keep thinking replicants are robots, they're not. They're bio-engineered flesh and blood, made in a lab

Yes. It's a deconstruction of the classic hero role - he operates under the delusion that he is the chosen one only to be royally shot down. But he manages to rise above that and find a purpose for himself instead.

Ma'm, I can't scan you if you keep doing that. Hold still, please.

I am very an autist.

>peter and the wolf starts playing

>It's a deconstruction

Stop. It's not a deconstruction.

I don't think he wanted to be 'special' I think he just wanted a reason to be/feel human feelings and be a unique living individual..No one is special but everyone is unique.

Yeah that was offputting. I know the piece by heart so it kept going in my head. Every fucking time.

but he is. hes a real boy, a good boy, and he died for a worthy cause, making him more human than human. fuck you negative nellies

It was when the ending finally really hit me that I realized how much I love this film

Bittersweet is best

>Lost his job
>Lost his gun
>Lost home
>Lost his waifu
>Lost anyone he might consider at least an acquaintance
>Found out he's not The One
>Found out he's just another factory skinjob like any other
>The Resistance only saved him to send him on a suicide mission
>He has no influence over the major players in the coming clash
>His life is forfeit as even if he survives the Resistance may want him dead because he knows where they are and Police want to retire him
>He saved the life of a man he's only barely known for a few hours, so he can reunite with a woman he spoke to for only a few minutes
>He dies alone, satisfied, but with no one to share his final thoughts or feelings with, and nobody especially close to him to remember him

In the part he comes back from the that erea did he think that he wouldn't be going around with that girl when they where trying to find who she was trying come after them or they have to find him sooner or how they even know he was the there?

Damn.

I would like them to explore a Blade Runner story again, with a Replicant as the main character, but I want that character to have to meet other models that are the same as they are. The hooker has a copy in the Resistance hideout so it seems she is a mass produced pleasure model.

I wonder what that's like a for a replicant to run into another of "them" who has all the same base-line ticks and shit.

Ok it's a twist on the clichè tropes.

So you like it because it's contrarian to mainstream and popular story outcomes...

Do anybody really been so far as do want look more like?

They're not robots like androids, they're just engineered humans, closer to growing meat in a lab

Jesus christ user learn some grammar.

No, I just like bittersweet because it resonates the most with me. Perhaps because I am depressive by nature.

Yes, I know that you're a trolling little shit.

>you will never give joe a hug

Pleas help me I'm trying to understand, I saw it 3 times but I can't see these parts fast enough

Then what the fuck makes them not human?

>Oh, you thought you were special?
And this is why most women don't get this film. They don't know the feel of realizing how completely insignificant and disposable you really are because they've been pampered by society to feel like unique snowflakes who can do anything

The fact that they were made in a lab and programmed to be a certain way?

Isn't that exact question one of the major themes of these two movies?

I just kept being reminded of Kenny vs. Spenny, they used that piece all the fucking time.

But he's satisfied, because even though he isn't a real boy and Joi isn't a real girl... What he felt for her was real. The pink joi scene was him realizing that even though there are lots of Jois, HIS joi and what he felt for her were unique and irreplaceable. She was special to him and he was special to her. That's K's miracle: He IS a real boy because he finally feels like a real boy. Loving someone and then grieving for them is the most human feeling there is.

No I'm not, you just put a list of things that happened none of which was good and the only thing I can guess is that it's different then most endings which people seem to enjoy, something being different for the sake of being different.

I'm sorry you are depressed and hope you overcome your demons, but you are then not in the right mental state to objectively comment on this movie.

that's more true for young men

What is this picture lol

Wallace slaughters a newborn exact-duplicate of Luv right in front of her.

4th time tomorrow, in Imax.

Whats the point of making replicants when you can just build robots with no emotions and shit or not penis/vaginas to make babies. Replicants were made for slave labor correct? JUST MAKING FUCKING ROBOTS HOLY SHIT.

fug

I love reading all the little things people add to the story to make it good. It's like a bunch of people bringing a thing of salt to a dinner party, knowing the cooks food is bland.

Reminds me so much of the ending to Children of Men

This is a good description of how I interpreted it. Especially after Deckard rejects new Rachael because of her eyes

Their genes are heavily modified to make them good at their jobs. They are manufactured body-part by body-part and combined into an adult humanoid, so they never had childhoods. Also they can have "open" lifespans, meaning they can live for a really long time

Not really, not in today's society at least.

Obviously in that universe bio-genetic and biomechanical engineering way surpassed mechanical engineering, robotics, and AI development. They can’t make robots and make it do shit but they can make organic superhuman things of any trait that are also intelligent enough to work.

K uses the double tap technique, also known as the Mozambique Drill to kill.

It's not a sunroof it's a drone

Because going from androids to clones removes some of the ambiguity doesn't it?
We don't know what its like for a computer to think, so we can't really be sure how it perceives the world.
But now replicants are basically humans. I don't understand how anyone can condone making what is essentially a human, into a slave.

>Their genes are heavily modified to make them good at their jobs.

It's more than that. I'm not even sure if they are even given that much training. If they can implant memories into them then they can implant skillsets as well.

Anyway, to elaborate on your thoughts...

The problem with replicants is they super-human strength/agility and sometimes intellect as well... but because they are 'born' as adults with no genuine experiences they are emotional time-bombs.

Are the billboards allowed to directly interact with people when it's not initiated by the person?

I found it strange that she chose to interact with him specifically out of the hundreds of people that could have been around at the time.

It makes me wonder if maybe all the Joi's are actually connected to one another and that his Joi actually had some influence over them.

It's probably just wishful thinking but the first two parts of my question still stands as strange regardless.

He's like a lab grown steak, looks like steak, tastes like steak, but never came off a cow.

Wow you understood the plot of the movie. Now go watch it again. The first one too.

Wait, she was a duplicate?

I didn't notice that, that's interesting user

>I don't understand how anyone can condone making what is essentially a human, into a slave.

People used to make literally humans into slaves. In fact, they still do.

Do most people in Blade Runner universe ever think about or care whether or not "skinjobs" are actually thinking, feeling, sensing beings? Probably not. They hate them for three reasons:

1.) They have proven time and again to be dangerous

2.) They have super-human abilities which plays into this and is also a naturally a source of enyv

3.) They are used to do jobs that humans could do, putting people out of work

Most people without any work to do feeling useless. Some will find various ways to cope, but many will not. I don't buy that "Replicants do jobs humans won't do". I think they do jobs that big, rich and powerful corporations would rather pay slave-labor to do as opposed to people who need livable wages and living standards.

In the end, why wouldn't the mega corps want Replicants just replacing EVERYBODY? They'd rule over a population of their own product in the end. Some must be arrogant to think that, eventually, they'll get it right and manufacture the perfect, consuming, obedient slaves

Skinjobs a shit

All the people who are "K realized Joi was all fake and his whole existence was bullshit" plebs don't understand grief. When you lose someone you love one of the things that happens during the initial shock is imagining scenarios where you can get them back: Hoping its all a bad dream, Imagining you can turn back time etc. What can you change? What could you have changed? I guarantee you that by the Pink Joi scene K had already imagined buying a new Joi and it making him feel just as he did before. It's during the giant pink Joi scene that he realized that this just wasn't possible. A new Joi isn't the same as his old Joi. His loss was real, his feelings are real.

That was the same hooker. She was the obviously the same one who came to the apartment from her remarks, and also the one who put the tracking device on him after the threesome thing, so presumably it was also the same one in resistance when he was rescued.

That was actually a different actor.

>I found it strange that she chose to interact with him specifically out of the hundreds of people that could have been around at the time.

There were no others on the bridge.

>when K was talking to Deckard, Deckard tells him that if you love someone sometimes you gotta be a stranger
>K thought Deckard was talking about him
>the entire time he was thinking about calling him Dad and telling him he was his son

K lived a hard life

>why wouldn't the mega corps

They do, as Weiland said.

>Wallace slaughters a newborn exact-duplicate of Luv right in front of her.

It was actually a human version of the AI in his apartment.

Pretty sure open lifespan means they just have normal lifespans. In the first movie most of them have a mandatory 4 year lifespan before they die as a failsafe.

They aren't even programed, more like genetically designed for obedience, hence the baseline test

From wikipedia: " Sylvia Hoeks briefly portrays a separate replicant, killed in front of Luv by Niander Wallace."

Sylvia Hoeks is also the same actress who plays Luv. Notice that Luv doesn't interact with the replicant in that scene as that would have made it things a bit complicated to film.

I think the scene would work with any replicant, but having it be one that is identical to Luv really twists the knife. Especially, mind you, this is, as I recall, the same scene in which Luv first approaches Wallace and he immediately chastises her for bothering him when she has nothing of substance for him. If you watch her you can see her visibly wilt when he does this. This being just after K has brushed off her advances too.

>There were no others on the bridge.
True but you never see her interact with anyone else in the movie except for him and none of the other billboards have ever interacted with a person - at least - not unless initiated by said person.

From all accounts, it looks like Billboard Joi decided to disregard regular programing to interact with him.

Why was he so mad when he thought he was the child if he wanted not to be the whole time?

Not really user. There's no reason why they wouldn't program billboards to leave people alone.

If you'd ever gone to a red light district youd see people standing outside their shops trying to attract customers. This is just the same thing as that.

>That was the same hooker. She was the obviously the same one who came to the apartment from her remarks,

No dude, you misunderstand me. Watch that scene with the Resistance closely next time. You can see Mackenzie Davis there playing TWO separate characters. They are standing far apart from each-other, but you get a brief shot of the other one and she is Mackenzie Davis but without the dyed orange hair, it's just blonde. The "original" is to the Right side of the screen and the copy is on the Left side.

>That was actually a different actor.

Show me evidence. Wikipedia says it was Sylvia Hoeks

>That was actually a different actor.

Oh, well maybe you are right. I'll go with IMDB over Wikipedia. Okay, never mind that. I still think the scene establishes the same thing anyway, just a little less sadistically.

It's that way for storytelling reasons. She comes over for you and makes you think you're somehow special to be picked, but then says her generic tagline "you look like a good joe" which reveals she was just programmed that way and would probably do the same for any random bystander

He was overwhelmed with emotion, frustrated, angry, and probably afraid because everything he thought he knew about his life was being turned upside-down and he now believed himself to be the target of his own mission

He also has ingrained in him a mentality to obey his orders and not run but he's not a 'runner' by his nature. He's probably a bit panicked and conflicted about what to do.

Trixie was so great. 2D > 3DPD

>food analogy
It's like I'm really on Sup Forums

Why didn't luv just find k and kill him when she had him?

"You look like a good joe" also reveals that K's own Joi wasn't special or different either. That's just their default function.

i'm just wondering what the point the movie was making
even if a human was "made" then its still obviously a fucking human

See There's nothing wrong with food analogies you brain let

>visibly wilt when he does this.
>just after K has brushed off her advances too.

She weeps visibly. Because she was unable to connect with K and draw meaningful intelligence out of him. It's because she seeks the approval and favor of Wallace above all else. She doesn't have any feeling for K other than that. Luv's only other motivation is a desperate biological need to become pregnant and be a mother; Not only does Wallace want to make fertile replicants, but apparently they can't quite engineer that deep biological need out of a replicant. The visual representation of this internal conflict is Wallace killing the newborn by stabbing her in the womb, lamenting its barren nature - this hits Luv right in the feels: It's the one person in the world form whom she derives her self-image visibly unhappy with Luv's one and only shortcoming.

Do Androids Spill Electric Spaghetti?

Do you have any proof that this is what she feels and all that other bull shit?

You're missing my point. People can do whatever they want in the redlight district because they're human. The billboards (all of them) in both Blade Runner movies are programed only to do certain advertisement functions; none of which - until the pink joi seen - seemed to include walking away from your post to initialize one to one conversation with a person.

Yes, she is a Nexus 8 Pleasure model, Classification code: QT3/1/4