Image General

THE FUTURE OF COMICS

They should take a cut of ownership and start paying page rates. Then they could be the future.

Available in stores on Wednesday, February 1st:

Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s DEADLY CLASS #26 commemorating Marc Silvestri’s CYBER FORCE #1 (Diamond Code NOV168917)

Available in stores on Wednesday, February 8th:

Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragotta’s EAST OF WEST #31 commemorating Rob Liefeld’s TEAM YOUNGBLOOD #19 (Diamond Code NOV169165)

Vertigo died because of fools like you.

Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie’s THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #26 commemorating Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky’s SEX CRIMINALS #1 (Diamond Code NOV169053)

Available in stores on Wednesday, February 15th:

Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker’s INVINCIBLE #133 commemorating Rob Liefeld’s YOUNGBLOOD #1 (Diamond Code NOV169172)

Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw’s GOD COUNTRY #2 commemorating Erik Larsen’s SAVAGE DRAGON #1 (Diamond Code NOV169169)

Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, and Elizabeth Breitweiser’s KILL OR BE KILLED #6 commemorating Robert Kirkman’s THE WALKING DEAD #1 (Diamond Code NOV169051)

Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky’s SEX CRIMINALS #16 commemorating Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie's THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #1 (Diamond Code NOV169052)

Robert Kirkman’s THE WALKING DEAD #164 commemorating Jim Lee’s WILD C.A.T.S. #1 (Diamond Code NOV169171)

Available in stores on Wednesday, February 22nd:

Charles "HACK" Soule and Ryan Browne’s CURSE WORDS #2 commemorating Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker’s INVINCIBLE #1 (Diamond Code NOV169173)

Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen’s DESCENDER #19 commemorating Dale Keown’s PITT #2 (Diamond Code NOV169174)

Tim Seely and Mike Norton’s REVIVAL #47 commemorating Marc Silvestri, Brian Haberlin, Michael Turner, and David Wohl’s WITCHBLADE #1 (Diamond Code NOV169170)

That's all, folks

These are all pretty horrible.

>Variants to pay respect to images 25 year history
>These 2 just wank each others most recent tv pitches

This is embarrassing...

Yes.
Oh yes!
YES!

Image kind of makes me sad. Image has so many titles that went nowhere or fell through the cracks that finding anything about them makes it impossible to track down. Hell even most of the books that ended don't really have a great end, and so many books that get delayed never to finish. I'm just sad.

This is such garbage post. You didn't name one fucking book, you can be talking about any fucking company.

you dont even comics user. i just realized this is copy pasta.

Smart companies own/license a part of their properties. All the big comic companies in Japan and France do the same thing, it how they grow as business which helps the creators with more resources.

Image can't grow because they don't own anything.

Well there's Fell, heck Bitch Planet was delayed to hell and back and ever heard of Fuse? It just ended like a month ago no one ever talked about it. So yeah Image right now makes me sad, mostly because they have such promise but never live up to that potential. Besides Chew that was always on point. Also finding out anything on Old Image books is hard if you find something very random. Do you know there was mecha book by Tony Bedard? Also god I miss Dynamo 5.

And yet when Vertigo tried that it led to their downfall. The American market is not like other markets, in many ways.

Image "helps the creators" more than any other publisher in America right now. Maybe Image doesn't try to own/license properties or grow bigger because Image is run by idealists like Stephenson that actually care about helping the creators, not about lining their own pockets.

>Making the title a forced acronym.

Best one.

Green Wake
C.O.W.L.
Dark Engine
Cry Havoc
Five Ghosts
Rasputin
Intersect

And then there's delays for
Hickman in general
Wytches
Sex Criminals
Pretty Deadly

Happy now, shitposter-kun?

>Green Wake
>C.O.W.L.
>Dark Engine
>Five Ghosts
>Rasputin
>Intersect
Confirmed ded by the creators.

All of these

WHITE

MEN

Since this is their 25-year anniversary, let's learn about how Image came to be, as told by the creators themselves.

>Five Ghosts is dead
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Wow, this is really, really, REALLY unfunny.

What? But yeah...
JUST
Bitchin'
Fucking good.
I want to have sex with this cover.

I'm not the shitposter, i just see that post in almost every image thread, it's become a drive by post meme shit post that's vague as fuck.

is that fuck stephenson ever going to release the next issue of nowhere men
ironic that the big image editorial man is the figurehead of delays

If Image cared about it's creators so much, they'd pay a page rate. Idealism doesn't pay rent user.

But I get what you're saying.

>creators are more important than characters
>this triggers the characterfags

I like the way Nolan looks with his white hair when drawn by Ottley. Walker just made it looks weird.

I see that spot often(this and the post you are replying to are my only in the thread) but people don't feel the need to mention all the titles every time. As you can see though, it's true and the only meme post was the shitposter's.

lol, no feet hahahahah

Generally speaking I view Image as less of a comic company and more of just a publishing house. I don't particularly like or dislike them as a company, because I'm interested in the comics on a case to case basis. They have some good stuff, some crap, and some stuff that just fucking fades away, which as can be pretty sad. That said right now I currently like their output better than most of DC and Marvel's stuff, if only because there's more variety. I mean, they do have a problem where when one particular comic manages to take off The Walking Dead, Saga or whatever then we have a huge slew of new titles trying to ape them, which is probably why we have so many Sci-Fi titles right now. But I still find that there's enough good titles with different themes that I'm usually not bored.
Right now my favourites are probably
>Manifest Destiny
>The Autumnlands
>East of West One of two Hickman titles that isn't dead in the water
>Black Monday Murders The other
>Spread
>Southern Bastards
>The Fix
and
>Moonshine
I'd add Seven to Eternity, but I always have trouble with Remender's comics because pretty much everybody is a sad, unlikeable asshole and StE looks like it's gonna essentially be a party of them all at eachother's throats, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna enjoy that. Also, I'm pissed he already killed one of them off.

If you wanna get technical, he's already killed off three of them.

Image got a lot of serious problems though.

True, but I'm meant the first of the titular "Seven". It feels really premature too me, we literally just got her backstory in the same issue, but nothing else.

>Southern Bastards

It genuinely baffles me how Aaron and Latour can be so shit on other books, but make Southern Bastards work so well.

Southern Bastards is actually in their wheelhouse. Aaron's best work is arguably Scalped, his last crime comic, and it's the two of them writing about a place and a state of mind they grew up in.
fucking wish he'd finish on Thor so he could fucking update Southern Bastards more though.

Aaron good in crime stuff, reas Scalped. But we got only 3 issues of SB last year, not even full arc. That's fucking u

> unbelivable

I'm honestly surprised they went for a WildC.A.T.s homage.

No Spawn?

what the fuck

The end?

Yeah, well, the difference is, Superduperman was actually funny, and this was just... not.

Thanks anyway, user.

bump

There are 4 more covers not shown yet
No way they don't do Spawn

>Fell
Ellis delays everything, no matter the publisher
>Bitch Planet
No clue, DeConick just disappeared last year
>Fuse
Well, it would have sold better if the covers were more interesting, cop poses don't raise any eyebrows and you can't quite tell what the book is about without giving it a flip o reading the solicits. Johnston and Greenwood aren't exactly big names that can sell a book instantly. 24 issues was fine enough for a book that couldn't sell more than 2k per issue