Sinestro
>Who's The Flash's arch villain?
Zoom
>Who's Wonder Woman's arch villain?
emm... hmm.... ahhhh....

>>Who's The Flash's arch villain?
>Zoom
Captain Cold

>you need to fight the same villain all the time to be considered a good character

Captain Cold is a close second though
Zoom (both Thawne and Hunter) have impacted each of their respected heroes lives more and made them a force to be reckoned with.

Cheetah. Also Flash's arch nemesis is Captain Cold, and Green Lantern's has swapped between Sinestro and Star Sapphire.

Now here's the real question: who is Spider-man's arch nemesis?

No, but it helps if they have an iconic villain.
Literally every good hero has some kind of an arch enemy.
Without a good arch enemy they just get taken as some support character at best.

It's a tie between Ares and Circe

Joe Chill and the al Ghuls affected Bruce's life more than Joker did.

Green Goblin

Her arch enemy is men.

I always went with Grodd. The idea of the fastest man alive fighting a gorilla is hilarious.

Aunt may

Top 3 are Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom when he's not a good guy.

Did Al Ghul kill Robin and crippled Batgirl?
Also Joe Chill is just a plot device for Batman's origin.

But he was dead for like 20 years.

>>Who's Wonder Woman's arch villain?
Circe or Ares

Only plebs think it's Cheetah

In the cartoons is Cheetah, but in the comics ever since George Perez it has been Ares.

It's ABSOLUTELY Ares. He's her thematic opposite just like Luthor is for Supes and Joker is for Bats.

I mean, he's even a man. Another woman could never be Wondie's arch-enemy.

No it isn't. Those are literally WW's two shittiest enemies.

The types of people who think Circe and Ares are good are the types of people who think General Zod is Superman's arch enemy.

Retards.

I like it when heroes fight the complete opposite instead of someone with the same powerset. That's what makes Luthor interesting, he's just human and isn't a invincible alien equal to Superman.

>Green Lantern's arch nemesis has swapped between Sinestro and Star Sapphire

Absolutely not.

Does anyone know why they chose Vulture for the new Spiderman movie? Why hasn't anyone tried bringing Scorpion to the big screen?

Baroness von Gunther

Oh do elaborate.

While you're there tell us why think Zod is particularly bad villain.

Because he's a human bird, he's a human plane, he's a human Superm...

I'll stop.

What makes Ares so bad? He's the god of war--he's simply performing his duty by wanting strife and conflict.

Is Hades around even if the underworld and death are overused cliches?

I hope the Flash movie uses Boomerang, Cold, Grodd,or Trickster. I fine using Zoom or other evil speedsters gets boring quick.

>It's ABSOLUTELY Ares. He's her thematic opposite just like Luthor is for Supes and Joker is for Bats.

What? That's not true at all. Ares is her Braniac- a powerful, inhuman enemy with ties to her origin, and Circe is her Zod (someone better than her with a grudge against her parent.)

Wonder Woman is the archetype of positive femininity, and Cheetah is the archetype of negative femininity- she's greedy, spiteful, and overtly sexual. Like Lex and Joker, she represents simultaneously the best of human potential and the worst side of the human spirit. Lex is brilliant, wealthy, and powerful, but uses his brilliance for selfish reasons, in contrast to Superman using his natural gifts selflessly. Likewise, Cheetah took the power of a god and used it for nothing but evil.

I just want them to do the Rogues all together, maybe with a few flashbacks or a montage of their previous defeats and them uniting.

It's the only way people will see them as a threat to the hero, because separately they're somewhat underpowered compared to the Flash.

>Flash's arch nemesis is Captain Cold
Incorrect.
>Green Lantern's has swapped between Sinestro and Star Sapphire.
Not at all.

Because every Wonder Woman book is about him and he turned the franchise into Rule 63 God of War fanfiction

user, Cheetah can't be her arch-villain because Cheetah isn't even a consistent character. What even is she these days? WHO is she? She's had her origin and identity redone so many times.

Then again, Wondy has too... fuck, you know what, Cheetah is her arch-villain. They're perfect for each other. Their characters are both complete messes.

You don't remember anything before Johns' GL do you?

I want Sup Forumsfags to go.

>Did Al Ghul kill Robin and crippled Batgirl?
Talia killed a Robin who also happened to be Batman's ACTUAL son.

Are you really saying Lex Luthor hasn't had his origin redone?

>No seriously, Star Sapphire is GL's nemesis
She is not dude. She's at best, what Two Face is to Batman.

And Two Face isn't Batman's arch nemesis.

Hunter had a net 0 effect on Wally's life. All he did was kill his kids and then force him to unkill his kids.

Plus Talia made a Robin. Joker just temporarily killed one.

>>Who's The Flash's arch villain?
>Zoom

So when people refer to Zoom, do they mean Zoom as in Hunter Zolomon or do they mean Zoom as in Professor Zoom AKA Reverse Flash? I'm not a Flashfag so I get confused on that.

Ares

He's more consistent than Cheetah. He's at the very least always been a brilliant scientist.

I will say that Luthor has had the benefit of truly great writers working on him. The best writer to work on Cheetah is probably, what, Perez?

Depends on the Flash. If it's Barry, Thawne/Professor Zoom. If it's Wally, it's Zolomon/Zoom. "Reverse Flash" is a title belonging to both.

Lex's origin is not as important because he has no otherworldly powers or traits to speak of, and can already feasibly exist in the real world for the most part. His character just needs to be smart, humanocentric, and hate Superman. Everything else is ancillary.

Cheetah is rarely used and she's more like the tragic villain. She's Wonder Woman's Two Face.

>You don't remember anything before Johns' GL do you?
Yes, I do remember. I remember Gerard "pedo" Johns' "he was Hal's mentor and friend" Sinestro, Ron marz's "he was Hal's arch nemesis" Sinestro, heck, even when he was a Spetre, Sinestro threatens Hal, and there was no Star Sapphire at that point.

>>Who's Batman's arch villain?

He doesn't have one.
He likes to fight around.

>Ctrl + F: Cyborg
>0 results.

Next GL film should cover the Sign.

Circe is far more the archetype of negative femininity than Cheetah. She's man hater with an actual radical feminist agenda at times, who nevertheless manipulates and deceives men to accomplish everything she does.

Ares, meanwhile, is the archetype of negative masculinity. Whereas Wonder Woman's duty is spread peace and love and sexual healing through the world, Ares inspires rage, violence and destruction.

Both of them are far more intertwined with what WW should be about than Cheetah, who is barely a consistent character at all.

I will be genuinely amazed if Cyborg gets popular enough to even warrant mentioning a nemesis.

Name arch villains for anyone outside of the big 7.

I can tell you right now, they won't.

How about this guy?

Who's Cyborg's Arch villain?

Shazam(captain marvel)/Black Adam
Swamp Thing/Arcane
Green Arrow/Vertigo

>Vertigo

you mean Merlin right

Slade Wilson. At least pre-New 52. Nowadays I dunno.

White Martians.

Shouldn't Batman's nemesis be a Bat sorta character to follow in DC's long tradition of pairing everything that looks the same?

Despero would be a good arch villain for him if they ever gave him a story that wasn't White Martian shit

Despero is literally one of his villains in the New 52 series.

Cap's arch?

>Skull?
>Zemo?

Slade was more a Nightwing villain/general Titans so I wouldn't count him for Cyborg

Cold is often too much of a nice guy to be an ARCH VILLAIN.

>Does anyone know why they chose Vulture for the new Spiderman movie?
They wanna try something new. They probably picked him simply because he was Spider-Man's first villain in the comic.
>Why hasn't anyone tried bringing Scorpion to the big screen?
Because maybe they don't feel like putting him in the big screen?

So is Aquaman's Black Manta or Ocean Master?

Patriarchy

he was gonna be the bad guy in Tobey Spidey 4. which probably didnt' hurt

Man Bat, go be the main villain.
That's the thing, it's a bit of an exaggeration for each villain being an opposite but not much so, and if it's not the arch villain the hero has a villain of that anyway
>Zod
>Wrath
>Sinestro
>Reverse Flash
>Ocean Master
>Malefic
>Merlyn
>Red Volcano
>Black Adam
>Doctor Chaos
>Major Force

Black Manta. 'Cause he's token black guy of the big 7's arch enemies.

Yeah I would have to say it's Zoom. Cold and the Rogues aren't really evil like the rest of these villains they're just thieves who had to get good to work against Flash

Green Arrow and Merlyn.

Black Canary and Lady Shiva.

The Atom and Chronos.

Captain Marvel and Black Adam.

Hawkman and Hath-Set

Is Chronos just a shittier clock king or does he have time powers? I know of him, just not about him. And has Hath-Set shown up enough times to be considered an arch villain?

You can cry all you want, Cold barely counts as a villain at this point and the worst thing Grodd has done is breaking Hunter's back so far.

Reverse Flashes are created to be their respective Flash's archnemesis and they both do their job well in that regard. Thawne and Zolomon are the top dogs of Flash's villains.

Batman should fight Man Bat and date Batgirl in true DC fashion.

Skull. Zemo's an acceptable second, tho.

>The Atom and Chronos.
Nah ah ah

What? Date batgirl? When do heroes date people with their name?
>Superman dates Super Girl
>Wonder Woman dates Wonder Girl
>Aquaman dates Aqualad
>Martian Manhunter dates Miss Martian (actually happening in the supergirl show)
>Green Arrow dates Red Arrow
>Captain Marvel dates Mary Marvel
>Green Lantern dates Arisia
The only one I can think of at the moment is the above if we're being technical and Hawkman/Hawkgirl/woman

>Chronos
No. Jean Loring.

>They probably picked him simply because he was Spider-Man's first villain in the comic.

aren't you forgetting someone?

WW problem isn't that she doesn't have a well known arch enemy, but that no one can really name any of her enemies.

It probably doesn't help her that the Greek gods feature in a lot of media so people don't really associate them with WW much.

>Now here's the real question: who is Spider-man's arch nemesis?
Spider-man.

Plastic Man never had a recurring villain and he's better than most of the JL. Who gives a shit?

Pick one

>Joker
It's Ras you pleb

Literally who?

>cheetah

Who?

It's Ras putin you idiot

IIRC it was Brother Blood. At least he was the one who got pissed the worst at his antics. Been a while since I read TT though, so I might remember wrong.

But really it's BAWWWW I'M A ROBUTT NO ONE LIKES ME angst.

Writers.

Superman dates Wonder Woman (she's pretty much rule 63 Superman)
Wonder Woman dates Superman (because she was created to be his counterpart)
Aquaman dates Mera (another fish girl)
Martian Manhunter dates no one because his martian wife died (he had his chance and blew it)
Green Arrow dates... okay, you got me there, but we can give him Cupid
Captain Marvel dates Mary Marvel, yes, it was hinted before.
Green Lantern dates Arisia or Star Sapphire (Carol)

>Green Arrow dates... okay, you got me there, but we can give him Cupid
Come on, Black Canary!
>Captain Marvel dates Mary Marvel, yes, it was hinted before.
I thought they were twins

Wonder Woman's archnemesis is hatred. Realistically I don't think a character needs one to be compelling though.

Superman = Lex Luthor
Batman = Joker
Wonder Woman = Ares
Green Lantern = Sinestro
Flash = Reverse Flash
Aquaman = Black Manta
Shazam = Black Adam
Green Arrow = Merlyn

Spider-Man = Green Goblin
Hulk = The Leader
X-Men = Brotherhood of Mutants
Iron Man = The Mandarin
Captain America = Red Skull
Thor = Loki
Fantastic Four = Dr. Doom

There it's settled

>Superman dates Wonder Woman (she's pretty much rule 63 Superman)
What is Lois Lane?

>Wonder Woman dates Superman (because she was created to be his counterpart)
what is Steve Trevor?

Just Lois?

Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, lex luthor

>Who's The Flash's arch villain?
Captain Cold
Cheetah

How do people not know this?

Alex Ross, the Super Friends is not definitive of the Justice League.

>Cheetah

Wrong