Has memories of a fucking unicorn

>has memories of a fucking unicorn
>isn't a replicant
why do you idiots believe this?

Other urls found in this thread:

devo.com/bladerunner/sector/1/philip.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>taking slapped on test footage from Legend seriously

well for one thing he aged in the sequel so he can't be.

the source material is a much better story that handles the replicant mystery much better.

>35 years since blade runner came out
>still doesnt realize the answer is supposed to be kept unanswered

That’s just a dumb meme. It wasn’t from Legend.

They’re not robots, they’re bio-engineered humans. They still might age. Only problem is you never saw it before since they all had 4 year lifespans, so you don’t really know if they do or not. But it’s said they have regular human lifespans with the failsafe removed, so presumably they might age. Especially if you consider Tyrell’s goal was to make them as human as possible, as he did with Rachel and her procreation.

>Sequel has a wooden horse as plotline
>Not a wooden unicorn

Ridley Scot himself has stated that he is a skinner

Who wouldn't dream of a fucking unicorn in this society?

Ridley Scott literally said he's a replicant. Case closed, you can all go home.

Ridley Scott is senile

I don't know. I don't get how people can be so stupid.

How much more of a smoking gun do you faggots need?

What't a point of Deckard being a replicant? Deckard suppose to be a human or Roy vs Deckard's fight won't work

Phillip K Dick, the author of the original book, wrote it as being ironic that Deckard who is a human being had to be completely unfeeling and mechanical toward hunting down machines that want to experience life and feelings. The whole meaning from it is about what really makes something real.

Deckard being a replicant is just Ridley Scott doing a plot twist for the sake of it being a twist.

This too.

I never saw blade runner completely, i want to know why he has memories of unicorn even if he is a replicant? what does the unicorn means for him?

It's dependent on what version you watch. The one that audiences originally saw didn't have the unicorn, just the workprint did. Then Ridley Scott made a directors cut and put it back in, then started saying Deckard is a replicant.

This was 35 years ago, user. Blade Runner came out in '82.

Ridley Scott didn't start claiming he was a replicant until sometime in the late 90s though.

this
blade runner was beautifully made but ridly scott isn't the greatest story teller. i always loved blade runner but depending on the cut you watch it's a complete cluster fuck with totally different meanings.

has anyone considered that since replicants are essentially just synthetic humans it wouldn't be be too far fetched if the memory implant technology worked on humans as well so memebers of the law enforcement/military might well have their heads fucked with in the same way replicants were.

>has memories of a fucking unicorn

it was a dream, not a memory.

It's not a memory it was a vision and Deckard being a replicant kills the thematic elements of the story for me. I loved how Deckard was so reserved and begrudging while the replicants are spastic and outgoing Deckard almost hates his life while the replicants yearn for more of it. The replicants are almost like psychopathic childeren

That was the point of the original movie and also the point that the author of the book was trying to convey.

Deckard, a human, hates life and just wanders aimlessly through it and has to retire the replicants that are want to live and experience feelings and happiness.

Deckard being a replicant is just Ridley Scott going all M Night Shamalan with a unnecessary twist.

ahah I too want to suck Jay's dick! Mike is the best too!!!

The opening text crawl of 2049 explains that the subsequent replicant models aged just like human being specifically to bring back Ford while keeping the mistery of his true nature
Him being possibly a replicant is acknowledged and part of the plot

Do you believe that your dreams are memories of things that really happened or something?

Jesus Christ. It absolutely was.

And Harrison Ford said that he's not. Ridley Scott isn't above revisionism, you know.

You can see that the horn is snapped off when the dude places it in the scanner. And in high res pics online. I'm posting from phone. someone else can post them.

no, and no, ridley scott is an idiot when it comes to this

This. Thank you.

the unicorn footage was from some fantasy film iirc

>The unicorn footage is definitely NOT from Legend, although it is easy to see why the rumour is so persistent, as the imagery looks quite a lot like that of “Legend”. Despite what many seem to believe, original unicorn footage was in fact shot for the 1982 release; however, at the request of the producers (who didn’t “get it”, or just decided it was “too arty”) it was cut. When plans were made to make a DC, Scott insisted the footage be reinserted. Unfortunately, by that time, the intended unicorn footage had disappeared. However, one particular shot – an out-take from the original footage that had been discarded by Ridley Scott in 1982 – was found. That shot was cleaned up and colour-corrected, and became that particular BR scene we all know and love…

[- Source: Future Noir, page 366]

What if he saw a unicorn because he was drunk and had just met Rachel?

Harrison Ford agreed with you back in 1981. He went over Ridley Scott’s head and the studio forced Scott to abandon the twist of Deckard being a replicant. Rightly so. Ford was absolutely right.

I was wrong. But more importantly, you are right.

Is it that hard to believe? The end scene of Deckard driving through the hills is footage from The Shining.

Doesn't really matter since Adama knew about it.

He's always been senile

>ITT Sup Forums missing the point

Good director but terrible instincts for storytelling. Wanting to make Deckard a replicant was just outright wrongheaded.

He retconned that shit like a decade later, after filming the original theatrical cut to have Deckard be human, which the writer and Harrison Ford both agreed with.

You can't go and change your fucking movie years later. I don't give a fuck what fucktard Ridley says. He is ruining all his classic works with his retroactive editing, shitty sequels and prequels and retarded commentary.

Show me where in the film he states that this unicorn is the unicorn from the dream, otherwise I'm going to assume that he's just an art fag who coincidentally made a unicorn origami.

Kind of further cements the idea that unless you're offworld or super rich and you're still on earth you're not in a priveleged position either with zero social mobility so focusing on hating replicants and claiming you're superior partly becomes a distraction from the fact that your situation is actually shit and others treat you like diry anyway.

>Fictional thing make me feel bad therefore director is STUPEED STUPEED WAAAAH WAAAAH mommy the film hurt me can I appeal to authority with fucking actors and ignore the director if it makes me feel better????? Deckard not being human is so SAD and makes me feel BAD WAAAAAH

Why would assume two unicorns are unrelated? This is a movie.

Nice textbook strawman you created there, bud.

The unicorn origami represents Rachel. Rare, beautiful, impossible and unique. It was Gaff acknowledging that he knew about Rachel and spared her.

The origami man with an erection that Gaff makes earlier also refers to him knowing that Deckard is attracted to Rachel.

How is Deckard a replicant if he is getting his ass kicked by replicants, including lady replicants who are not fighting models? Roy Batyy kicks his ass even thought he has a gun. And then Deckard can't even jump across the rooftop when Batty does it easily, then pulls him up with one fucking arm. Also, Deckard is a drunk and is giving the void kampf (probably spelled wrong) tests to replicants. How could a replicant test a replicant? He would have to be on a higher level to a replicant to be able to spot one. If the test is to confuse the replicant emotionally and jumble is powers of reasoning, then how wouldn't Deckard get confused, as well.

Ridley is a fucking idiot.

Harrison Ford has a habit of pulling the 'no, that's retarded - you're retarded' thing with filmmakers. He did it to lucas. He did it to Spielberg (though that was more due to dysentery or food poisoning or whatever). He did it with Ridley.

God bless that man.

It wasn’t part of the original story though. I get that Ridley Scott wanted to make it his own thing, but it’s a nonsensical and completely unnecessary twist to make Deckard a replicant. Ford was in the right on that one.

It's called "symbolism."

2049 confirmed that he's a replicant right? The scene where Letho implies that he was programmed to meet his lover so they can have a baby.

Ridley also pulled the "he's a replicant" shit years later when he was doing a directors cut, so it's likely he didnd't even plan on the replicant angle back when he was making the movie originally.

the unicorn represents freedom

hammers home the points that the drives and motivations of replicants is so quintessentially human

a) human/replicant boundary is arbitrary and there is an equivocation
and
b) you take an exchange that you intuit should be between human/replicant, human/self, and replicant/self, and if you accept the equivocation you can reduce these exchanges and conflicts to person/person and person/self (i.e it's about personhood not humanhood)

I interpreted that as meaning he was biologically programmed to be attracted to her, in that she was made to be the perfect woman just for him. That everything about her was what he looked for in a woman. Everyone is attracted to a certain kind of person and Tyrell knew what Deckard would find irresistible.

movie deckhard kind of takes the place of the more ruthless book holden
in the book and films you catch replicants out by their lack of empathy but witness blade runners fucking up sentient creatures just trying to live

>since Adama knew about it.

the origami unicorn may have just been a coincidence with the dream.

and what exactly does it symbolize?

No, not at all. Leto ponders and dismisses it at the same time. Which was the point PKD wanted to convey in the original novel, and what the screenwriter did as well.
>The purpose of this story as I saw it was that in his job of hunting and killing these replicants, Deckard becomes progressively dehumanized. At the same time, the replicants are being perceived as becoming more human. Finally, Deckard must question what he is doing, and really what is the essential difference between him and them? And, to take it one step further, who is he if there is no real difference?
devo.com/bladerunner/sector/1/philip.html

if the whole narrative was more like the original story, with the wife, emotion boxes and replicant cult leader, I'd love for it to either be ambiguous or have him human
this 'twist' works fine for me in the narrative because of the privileged sense of agency protagonists get in the minds of the audience, which gets handed over to a replicant

>He did it to lucas. He did it to Spielberg
And he was right each time.

Love.

What were his grievances and which movies were they about?

I'm a little surprised he didn't shit all over the new Indiana Jones though. I thought for sure he'd be annoyed about aliens.

I think he has a soft spot for playing Indiana Jones and has always gotten along well with Spielberg.

Decerd is a replicat cuz da man who blocked da seens and bossed aroun editor said so, da book maker is gay, da screanpley riter is gay, da scrip riter is gay, n harry fordson is a big gay

here

Blade Runner he didn't want to be in and didn't like Ridley's vision compared to Fancher's and Peoples'

Star Wars he wanted to be killed off

I know with Blade Runner, Harrison Ford hated and I mean hated doing the voiceovers. He thought it ruined the movie.

Depends on what you prefer I guess. If you side with Ridley Scott’s vision for the film, that’s exactly what you get with the director’s cut.

Finally, someone who agrees that the unicorn means Rachel before Scott meddled.

As 2049 affirms, her being able to carry and birth a child made her as mythical as a unicorn. In art unicorns are associated with female purity [Rachel is fertile] and innocence [Rachel didn't realize she was a replicant].

he implies it's a possibility. Wallace can't even know that bc of blackout. 2049 keeps the mystery just fine.

I really liked the line about he dog
>why don't you ask him?

So, when is sameone going to ask Dec whether he's artificial?

They do imo. The narration makes the pacing feel wrong and ruins the feel of some scenes. While some of the information is interesting, I think there was too much of it. A small amount might of been okay.

In general I think he sort of clashed with Lucas because he’s not really good at directing actors.

But like the dog, Deckard wouldn't know.

Fuck you Ridley. I hate you so much.

Nexus 7's age.
Deckard and Rachel are the only 7 models.

ridley scott is a dumbfuck who retroactively ruined the Alien mythos, and you're taking his shitty edits as gospel on Blade Runner?`

How do you know Rachel aged? She died in 2021

Ford is a fucking hero and BASED. One of the greats.

Good point. At the very least we know she was the only model 7.
I'm coming over to the "Deckard is a human" side. It fits better, makes more sense to me.

Can someone post those pics? I'm curious

Yes it is you fuckin moron

Sup Forums is retarded. They basically decide to ignore the movie itself to push their headcannon.

See?

this underlines how it did not make the original cut, which means it didn't break threshold into being canon. The only single source of truth is the original publication, which has a discrete beginning and discrete end.

Well the one with Spielberg was that in Raiders of the Lost Ark with the guy in the marketplace doing all the flashy scimitar shit. They had this big sword vs. whip scene choreographed out but Ford was struck with some nasty food poisoning or whatever and he basically just said, "This is stupid, can't I just shoot the guy?"

because ridley is a retard who thought it would be cool to make him a replicant and added that scene in years after the movie was released

>They had this big sword vs. whip scene choreographed out but Ford was struck with some nasty food poisoning or whatever and he basically just said, "This is stupid, can't I just shoot the guy?"
KEK is that really how the scene got made? I swear it's the funniest one in the whole series.
My uncle who's a big Indiana Jones buff said that when he saw it in the theater everybody clapped
>and he's not an amerifat

The guy he was up against improvised his death on the spot also. Kudos to that guy for not breaking character.

That's not the haircut he has in the movie, what the fuck is going on here.

Also what a cool wardrobe this movie has. I really want Deckard's shirt and hos coat

post production promo maybe.

Sup Forums remind me which one is the right version of Blade Runner to watch?

Final Cut is perfect aside from Ridley's epic replicant twist shit so just ignore that. Color grading is tastefully done and atmospheric

Final cut.

Why does anybody care? Deckard sucks. If he is a replicant, next-to-nothing changes about the film.

>and became that particular BR scene we all know and love
Uhhh... yeah...

>Dreams are memories
>you can't read a human's mind/dreams
ok pal

Because the story is more poignant if a replicant taught a human about appreciating life, amongst other things.

>Ridley's epic replicant twist shit so just ignore that.
Yeah I'm against the forced replicant twist, but is it the unicorn dream what you're referring to?
Also, the Final Cut is without voiceover right?