Remember when homer tried to fucking kill himself?

Remember when homer tried to fucking kill himself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqgTwu78WU
youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And again

Yup. It was hilarious. I bet it made someone feel bad, but it was the 90s so we didn't give one iota of a fuck.

And again

That's a good sight gag.

Which episode was the second time?

I remember when Bart did.
I've also heard that it wasn't that bad of an episode.

No Loan Again, Naturally, a Season 20 episode.

>Cartoon main characteristic is making adult jokes and not taking anything serious
>HOMER TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF!!

It actually was taken seriously that time.

Show me a classic animated character that's been around 20+ years who hasn't tried to kill themselves in a gag, OP.

I actually kind of miss that joke.

Same here.

>in front of his children
Christ.

I don't remember Scooby being suicidal. Most of Hanna-Barbera, really.

I know Cartman, Stan, and Kenny have at different points, but has Kyle so far?

Modern Simpsons writer are some of the most cynical people working in the industry right now. I'd be too if I was working on this dead ass show.

Kyle's major downer phases that I can recall, off the top of my head, were existential crises about Cartman being right, freaking out about Ike being adopted, and that one time he shaved his head and sacrificed himself (by being Cartman's bitch) for the good of the world.

thats non religious jews for you

Can't they write the show to be good, then? Or are they aware they can't live up to the past writers?

Suicide is a real serious thing,imagine if homer killed himself,he wouldn't have gone to space,or met his mother or watched his children grow or become a Boxer, mascot, imitation Krusty, baby proofer, trucker, hippie, food critic, conceptual artist, grease salesman, carnie, mayor, grifter, bodyguard for the mayor, garbage commissioner, mountain climber, farmer, inventor, Smithers, Poochie, celebrity assistant, power plant worker, fortune cookie writer, beer baron, Kwik-E Mart clerk, homophobe and missionary.
What I'm trying to say is that suicide is never the answer,because you will miss everything had to offer,if you are going to kill yourself run away,travel,waste all of your money,or make money if you have none at all,but find a way to enjoy life instead of just throwing it away.

>Can't they write the show to be good, then?
Who knows? They seem to get a decent one out from time to time.
>Or are they aware they can't live up to the past writers?
Most likely.

No one wants to see a fucking character actually die, but a character attempting it is a classic gag.

What if he almost succeeded, but fell into a coma? What if every episode since then has been part of Homer's comatose dream as his braincells slowly die?

>How'd that campaign for his governorship go anyway, "VOTE FOR SUICIDE" on the billboards? Doesn't seem like a good vote-winner.
>Yeah, but according to CNN that's what we did in 2016!
>Dohohohoho!

lol its not real nigga its just a cartoon take it easy

>imagine if homer killed himself, he wouldn't have been poochie

Damn...

Keep in mind user that this is Sup Forums and a good chunk of the people who post here contemplate suicide on a daily basis.

Which is why we should delete /r9k/ and watch the fireworks.

Remember when Bart tried to kill himself?

Damn town picketed his funeral, too!

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqgTwu78WU

Remember when Trixie tried to kill herself?

Hermes is too damn stingy to just use a suicide booth? Yeesh.

>Show me a classic animated character that's been around 20+ years who hasn't tried to kill themselves in a gag, OP.

If you actually saw that episode, it wasn't a fucking gag. Homer got fired from the plant and then realized he was a piece of shit when he was stealing from Bart's piggybank to buy beer so he decides in the middle of the night to kill himself by throwing himself off the bridge.

He's only saved because he nearly gets ran over before he can toss himself off the bridge.

It was still pretty funny.

Remember when Quagmire killed the Simpsons, but someone said Squidward instead and Sup Forums lost their minds?

This is why I hate sports fans.

>homophobe

It's spelled Homerphobe, thank you very much.

DONALD

why?

ebin

Remember, this was the 80s (written in 1989). Back when the next edgiest thing was Garfield talking back at Jon every once in a while on Garfield And Friends.

screencap pls

Also true. Suicide gags were no big deal most of the time. Sadly not so much any more. Did it trigger you, too?

This is a good post

"talking"

I know, it really touched my heart. But it wasn't in the least bit funny, unlike those Simpsons gags OP posted. I think Simpsons was a bit better at knowing when to pull heartstrings and when to stop taking everything so seriously and lighten the fuck up.

You know who else has trouble not taking everything so seriously and lightening up? People that jump off Suicide bridge. Funny how that works.

To guilt a friend into ditching everything to hang with her.

You faggots made me watch a clip of zombie FIM

>feel suicidal
>throw all money away
>find reason to enjoy life
>starve to death on the cold streets of a foreign country
>depression cured

That was a beautiful story. A moral if I may?

Only throw away most of your money.

There was the time he gave up living and almost died to hemorrhoids when Cartman inherited a million dollars and bought an amusement park

People wanted to vote giant meteor anyway.

remember when the show should've fucking killed itself?

haha

So Sup Forums, what was the last good season of the Simspons?

I hate nuSimpsons

around season 8 according to that chart

That part when the old couple were cracking jokes at him was pretty amusing.

huh, now I'm just wondering what caused some of the clear statistical anomalies where a single episode is like 2-3 million lower than the rest of the season

Season 8 had some good episodes though, like the one with Poochy, and the one where Homer works for an evil genius.

But yeah, afterwards it went to shit

youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY