Just finish watching pic related with gf

>just finish watching pic related with gf
>"...so who was the bad guy?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqMXUJSN4Hw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really wish I had a GF just so I could make her sit through Master & Commander.

The bad guy was their homosexual urges for eachother.

Spoken like a true brainlet.

Don't be sexist.

who was the bad guy? I never watched the flick because of all the praise it gets here so I just assumed it's another shit movie for redditors roleplaying as Sup Forums posters

>I never watched the flick because of all the praise it gets here so I just assumed it's another shit movie for redditors roleplaying as Sup Forums posters

This sounds fake, the Acheron has a constant presence throughout the entire film. There's no way you could miss it.

The Acheron did nothing wrong except lose

kek

t. Filthy Frenchie

England was at stake

>mom and sister actually have decent tastes in movies
>Show them Master and Commander
>They don't get it and wonder why the Captain Jack acted the way he did and the decisions he made

I legit thought it was a meme until that day

so I was right

All stereotypes start from a true occurrence.

>so I was right

>Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
>irl

my girlfriend made me watch master and commander

average movie

>gf

fuck off cunt

>Be me
>It's mid-2000s
>Love the Aubrey-Maturin series
>Enjoyed the movie in the past
>Sit down one night to watch it with my girlfriend
>We get to the part where Maturin gets shot by the marine who missed the albatros.
>Girlfriend turns to me and says "This movie is awful. It's nothing but bad things happening to people."
>"Anyone who likes this movie is a bad person."
>I reeeeeee at her, we get into big fight, about how (1) she's wrong about the movie, and (2) regardless of that, you shouldn't say someone has moral failings due to his aesthetic preferences.
>We never finish watching the movie.
>Eventually we make up, she mellows out, and now years later are married happily.

Still bugs though me desu senpai.

Epic blog my dude. Where can I subscribe?

If there's no fucking involved, nobody cares.

I really was

wrong, only the tired monarchical cabal was at stake

thanks to perfidious albion another century of despotism, bafflement, and bloodshed for the free people's of europe

>i really was

>I really was

>monarchical cabal
Yeah Emperor Bonaparte would have been way better. Just admit that you're still salty about Waterloo, Pierre.

You were. It's a decent movie don't get me wrong but it's very overrated on here.

They fought honourably in the interests of their country user. You're not a roastie are you?

No incest, no upvote.

>take GF to Blade Runner 2049
>"that was the most boring I've seen in months"

I seriously feel slight disgust for her now, gonna fuck her a few months more and dump her.

Not him but england already had a government at this point that acted almost independently of the king

My gf actually enjoyed Master and Commander. We've seen it twice this year together.
I'm not sure if she is pandering to me (which she has never done before) or maybe she is actually gay or something either way it's scared and confused me about the future of our relationship

Show tits.

hahaha oh man....WOMEN don't understand movies lmoa

tell her
>you are the bad guy

Not even kidding, watched this with my girlfriend last weekend and she literally didnt understand the most fundamental things. What is it about this movie that girls just cannot grasp.

>Had to explain the setting and England's war with France.
>Had to explain Boney means Napoleon.
>Had to explain that Napoleon's second name was Bonepart.
>Had to explain every aspect of what was going on in each naval battle scene like a sports commentator.
>Had to explain the Weevil pun.
>Had to explain who Lord Nelson was.
>Had to explain the significance of Jack giving the one armed boy a book chronicling the adventures of a one armed hero.
>Had to explain what a dodo was.
>Had to explain that the one armed boy gave Paul Bettany a beetle as a gesture of kindness after his disappointment of not being able to travel.
>Didnt even attempt to explain the often unspoken but unshakeable sense of duty and honor that men had at the time.

>end a dynasty who's various branches have been ruling France since 987 because muh liberty
>spend the next few decades murdering everyone worse than any tyrant king ever could
>elect a warmongering dictator who calls himself emperor making all the past decades of bloodshed meaningless and throwing all the hard won liberty away
>Frenchfags fight honorably to keep this ship going
Never trust a Frenchie.

yes, your overclass of nobility and bishops was quite egalitarian and democratic in divesting powers

sounds like they just don't teach like they used to

>>Didnt even attempt to explain the often unspoken but unshakeable sense of duty and honor that men had at the time.
>at the time
:(

No

Do not throw pearls before swine. Do not give what is holy to the dogs.

this except unironically

>..so who was the bad guy?"

The situation was the bad guy, two ships thousands of miles from home fighting each other to the death for control of territory.

enjoying =/= understanding
Ur good.

>Didnt even attempt to explain the often unspoken but unshakeable sense of duty and honor that men had at the time.

hahaha you dumb ass most of them were pressed into service

I feel sorry for you for not understanding.

French scum

Don't post here again.

Its a normal-tier movie I dont understand why its treated like the best movie of all time here and on Sup Forums.
Probably a meme.

The English for flying under a different flag to dick over the French

>mfw my mon introduced me to this movie saying it's one of the best.

I don't get the "women don't get it" in regards to this movie. Are they brainlets?

just saw this shit was directed by peter weir
what could possibly go wrong?

No, you don't.

t. Neveralone

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Bud listen, yeah a gf is nice but in no way will it radically change your life, in fact after having multiple GFs I realised that it's not necessarily better than being single. It's different, but having a GF comes with its own delicate package of shit included.

what did they mean by this?

Imagine you're so useless on this planet that your job is to write about movies.

>is not a homosexual lovestory, or at least it's not intended to be
I hate women so fucking much

>>Eventually we make up, she mellows out, and now years later are married happily.
lemme guess, now she's just staring at her iphone when you show her a movie you like?

>>Had to explain every aspect of what was going on in each naval battle scene like a sports commentator.
kek, did you do it african style?

what's their fucking problem?

My gf likes this movie.

I think she's a keeper, Sup Forums.

traps are not gfs, user

>it commits the ultimate sin of being "blah." There's a whoe lot of "Swash" but very little "Buckling"

>There's a whole lot of "Swash" but very little "Buckling."

wtf does this even mean?!

>women require their own digital shaman commentators

>Ella
>Emily
>Michelle
>Vanessa
>Cynthia
I thought this was a meme.

>naval battle scene like a sports commentator.
I think I would enjoy this.
Old timey terms with tonality and pacing of NFL commentators

I fucking hate women

She wouldn't understand this kino scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqMXUJSN4Hw

Nah. Her main fault in film/tv is that she likes capeshit, but other than that she's OK now.

TIGER MAFIA

nu-women don't understand shit

give reasons why

1) Don't understand Master and Commander
2) Not good at video games
3) They stink, and I don't like em

>50 KB PNG
No it's actually a great movie. It's got an advantage in that there are no modern movies with a similar setting/premise though. There haven't even been many movies set in the early 19th century in the past few decades. So while it's a great movie, I think it also benefits from having competition to compare it to.

And the meme is real. It's a great movie about manhood and women generally find it boring. My sister thought it was boring. My mother actually was mildly interested in some of it and liked it because it wasn't "raunchy" (I guess she thinks male oriented movies usually are and maybe she's not wrong), but she didn't like action and freaked out over the brain surgery scene.

I'm a little more obsessed with than most because of my interest in late 18th/early 19th century naval warfare, and cruisers like the frigates in this movie in particular. True to O'Briens novels, it has extreme historical accuracy (or authenticity, I suppose).

I wish we had gotten to see more of the Acheron because it was based off of the USS Constitution in terms of design, but I also recognize that this would have weakened the movie.

these are all true

Your gf is actually just fucking stupid.

most women are

My gf enjoyed this movie, should I check for a penis?

No, she can enjoy it. She can just never understand it.

Can't expect a monkey to start writing.

most of the girls i talked didnt smell bad, i'm a kissless virgin so i never actually saw them naked to smell

put a ring on it

I can remember watching Master & Commander with my girlfriend. I thought this meme was a joke, but wow it is true.

So I put it on and we start watching. 10 minutes in a glance over to her and to my surprise, she was still attentive. 5 minutes later though she is checking Facebook on her phone. I glance over again and see her take a snaptchat of the TV with the caption "This movie fucking sucksss". 30 minutes into the movie she decided to start paying attention, she asks me "So why are they still on a boat, haven't they reached their destination yet?". At this point I am a little upset, how can she be so ignorant? An hour and a half later she is asleep with drool coming from her mouth.

Yes, or scars. Cuz that chicks a dude bro!

I don't think he meant they stink in the literal sense

/thread

Me too.

i bet she didn't even understand the scenes where they jammed

this sounds fake but I believe you

Told you so.

Hope your gf is hot, because she isn't smart

>Not good at video games
anyone who plays vg especially if they reach a level of been concidered "good", needs to get executed

the fuck is wrong with you? it's a hobby, get over yourself faggot

>>elect a warmongering dictator
>90% of Napoleons wars were defensive
what did he mean by this?

nu-male

>>Had to explain that Napoleon's second name was Bonepart.
>>Had to explain who Lord Nelson was.
>>Had to explain what a dodo was.
yeah, your gf is just fucking dumb mate but at least you've got one