I want to read some Star Wars comics. I don't really care what's canon or not I just want good stories. Any period goes...

I want to read some Star Wars comics. I don't really care what's canon or not I just want good stories. Any period goes. So, are there any essential list or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/star-wars-dark-empire-01/
viewcomic.com/star-wars-dark-empire-ii-01/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marvel's 1980s comics
From Dark Horse:
SW (1998)
Republic
SW Tales
Empire
Legacy
Purge
The Jabba Tape
the bad guys minis
the Jedi knights minis
A Valentine's Story
the Agent of the Empire minis
Knights of the Old Republic,
Star Wars (2013)
the SW books by Chester Brown

The current Darth Vader series is really good.

No it's not. This meme needs to die.

Darth Vader and The Ghost Prison
X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
Knights of the Old Republic
The Thrawn Trilogy
Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand
Princess Leia (2015)
Knight Errant
Legacy
Empire
Star Wars: Republic

Yes it is, you're just flinging shit at popular consensus by calling it a meme

>popular consensus
lol

T H I S
H
I
S

Seriously though this covers so many of my favorite Star Wars comics OP, just browse these and pick something you like

>popular consensus

Is this a joke?

Updated list:
The classic Marvel comics
The Boba Fett minis
Star Wars AKA Star Wars: Republic (1998)
Episode I: Anakin Skywalker, Queen Amidala
SW Tales 1-10
Darth Maul, Darth Maul: Death Sentence
SW: Empire
Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi, Seconds to Die
Knights of the Old Republic, KotOR: War
Legacy (2006)
Legacy: War
The Knight Errant minis
Agent of the Empire
Jedi: the Dark Side
SW (2013)
Legacy (2013)
Rebel Heist
The Jabba Tape
The Bounty Hunters
Heart of Fire
Jango fett
Zam Wesell
A Valentine's Story
Shaak Ti
General Grievous

Are any of these canon?

>canon
in Legends, yes

Does it matter?

It's honestly not.
t. am currently reading it

It's a pretty bad comic senpai

>"As for me, I seek something much simpler, yet equally elusive..."

>"What's that?"

>"Hope."

Was Maul just fucking with Ezra, or is he actually looking for something other than killing Obi-Wan?

Yes, Those are long lists, I need a starting point. Canon works would be great for that.

You could use the Wookiepedia for that.

>Canon works would be great for that.

Why? A good book is a good book.

I think it's just a reflection of how his exile has humbled him to an extent. There's less overt rage and pride, replaced by trickery and cunning. But he knows that's not enough to challenge Vader and Sidious. He needs something more, i.e. Ezra and the holocron, to stand any chance of crawling out of this pit.

The list of canon works is pretty damn tiny. MDOT because there just hasn't been all that much time since the great canon purge. Legends, on the other hand, has about 40 years with of comics to sift through, which means more good comics (and many, many more bad comics) it was also in the hands of darkhorse, who had a legitimate financial reason to push as many good Star wars comics as it could

IF you want canon Darth Vader and Vader Down are fun reads.

I liked it cause Vaderwas endearingly dorky but otherwise it was meh

Don't come here for Star Wars opinions. This board respects the prequels.

It's even cringy at times. I think it's only praised by the huge ammount of Vaders fanboys.

Only in the SW generals.

It's over the top but it's fun for the most part. Honestly him finding out that Luke is his son is one of my favorite pages. Despite that Luke's face looks like he's busting a nut

I thought there was a gas leak in my house when I learned about this.

Op
6 issues each, use bar at top to go to the next issue.
Set after Return of the Jedi.
Dark Empire
viewcomic.com/star-wars-dark-empire-01/
Dark Empire 2
viewcomic.com/star-wars-dark-empire-ii-01/

Personally, I just pick up entire Omnibuses. Those are usually top tier.

If you want canon, then Darth Vader, Lando, Kanan: The Last Padawan and Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir are the best. The last two somewhat tie into TCW and Rebels though.
Main SW ongoing is ok, but nothing special.
Poe Dameron, Shattered Empire, Han Solo and Anankin & Obi-Wan are decent.
C-3PO: The Phantom Limb is worth checking out too.
Don't bother with Leia and Chewbacca.
There's also Doctor Aphra and upcoming new Darth Maul books, but the verdict isn't out.

I also strongly suggest you check out Knights of the Old Republic (it's not connected to the game but is set in the same period) and Tales of the Jedi. They are EU, but the best of it.

>They are EU, but the best of it
We still doing that "90% of the EU is crap even though I haven't touched it" thing

>We still doing that "90% of the EU is crap even though I haven't touched it" thing
I didn't even imply anything like that, you memeposter. And it's more like 60%.

Not a huge fan of Rebel Heist's art or conclusion but I liked the use of Bystander/tagalong characters for PoV.

Also not a fan of SW 2013.

And you forgot to mention that SW:Empire continues into SW:Rebellion before petering off without a real conclusion.

Otherwise a solid list. I would add Jabba's Art of the Deal comics too.

>Poe Dameron
>decent

Back to your containment thread

I would go with....
-Dark Empire Series

-Golden Age of the Sith to Redemption (the original old republic that does not get the credit it deserves and is far better than KOTOR). The whole list of this series is uhhh.... golden age of the sith, fall of the sith empire, freedom nadd uprising, tales of the jedi, dark lords of the sith, sith war, redemption. I think i named them all. But its possibly the best comic SW comic series out there and is entirely unappreciated.

-Empire

-Infinities ( a short what if?, series for ANH, ESB and ROTJ)

-Republic (it corrects many of the mistakes in the PT)

- Lost Tribe of the Sith Spiral.

- The stand alone Vader series. Obsession. purge, ghost prisoner, cry of shadow, etc.

- Crimson Empire series

- And uhh, Dark Times is good. Legacy is solid.

I actually wouldnt recommend the old Marvel ones, they are kind of silly and dont really follow and notable path.

By the "current' series, im assuming people mean the series that ended at issue 25. It had its good and its bad moments but as a whole id say it was actually pretty good. It captured the feel of SW really well in the first eight issues or so, then lost it until like 13 or 15, but got it back until the end of the series. Its definitely better than half of the things you have listed.

P.S. The Thrawn Trilogy should not be read as a comic and the KOTOR series (new) is crap compared to the old TOTJ:KOTOR series.