Young generations don't have cable

>young generations don't have cable
>don't buy physical media
>only subscribe to two or three streaming services max
>complain about $2 price hikes
>meanwhile the services they do use are losing content because everyone is making their own
>they're also massively in debt for investments with no way to earn it back

What is going to happen to home media?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/10/18/nielsen-reveals-whos-watching-what-netflix/773447001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm born 98 and don't even use Netflix. Just fmovies and 123movies where I stream for free. Why would anyone support this garbage? It's full of horrible propaganda.

>young generations
Call it by its name, Generation Z.

Enjoy your 2mb/s """1080p""" streams you dumb kid

>they're also massively in debt for investments with no way to earn it back
You're a fucking nutjob, go peddle your corporate drama fanfiction somewhere else.

le graphics, I go to the cinema with friends if there's a movie I'm genuinely interested in.
I don't care if I watch a bad stream of garbage like Game of Thrones or horror movies.

I DL full bluray. ISO 's on GB top sites

We recently had 4K Ultra HD discs.
But, physical media will probably go the way of LaserDiscs, a videophile format which would be miles better than streaming.

I feel that 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray collectors will invite their non-physical media owning friends to 4K Ultra HD parties or Blu-ray parties similar.to how LaserDisc collectors invited their VHS peasant friends to LaserDisc parties.

Stop watching shit quality you fucking retard

Why Aren't Millennials Buying Diamonds???

Who's gonna buy it when it goes bust?

So who's funding this unprofitable propaganda?

I never used netflix in my life.
I use youtube and torrents.

WOW! Congratulations!

Netflix won't go bust. Their number of subscribers is increasing and while they're spending quite a bit on original content, they won't have to rely on other studios as much in the future.

Truly incredible.

100 million subscribers, limited plan is 5 bucks a month, netflix would gross 6 billion a year. At that rate they would easily pay back that loan in a few years.

That does not include international subscribers growth and bigger plans.

Seriously as long as they keep creating stuff like mind hunters and ozark as well as Co producing travellers and buying BBC shows like the last Kingdom netflix is way fucking worth it

Compared to what? You can torrent all that shit unless you are from a cuck country which pesters their citizens about their internet usage.

They probably engage in Hollywood accounting plus in show advertising the same as everyone else. I see no reason to believe these figures of theirs.

Netflix does incredibly cheap TV shows which honestly look like what you'd see on Youtube. It's difficult to believe they pay much anything to produce the stuff. Hell just look at Fuller House, it's a straight up traditional sitcom with reusable sets that are pretty cheaply done, yet people like it. It kinda shows just how little really needs to be done for TV shows to still be well liked and give a profitable audience.

yea not many are from there

>What is going to happen to home media?
MAY ALL JEW MEDIA BURN TO THE GROUND

i live in a german speaking country and torrents are always in english. There are virtually no german ones. So if i want to watch something with my family (or just something in german in general) i have to rely to online streams which are horrendous quality compared to Netflix. So its well worth it for me at least.

Also its more convenient since most TVs have netflix built in now, whereas when i want to play torrents on any TV i have to get them there first somehow. Thats possible at home if i set everything up, but when im at a friends place where only a chromecast is available? Also downloading takes longer than streaming.

>What is going to happen to home media?

Someone will offer a bundle of streaming services and we're going back to cable tv.

>paying for media

>watching dubs
>watching something "with people"
Pleb pls go

>dont have cable
>dont have netflix
>stream nothing

>watching television

read a book, develop a hobby

What if my hobby is watching television?

Then you continue to live with the crippling emptiness you feel inside.

Hey, David Foster Wallace.

>complain about $2 price hikes
>100 million subscribers
>subscriptions is a monthly fee

That's $200,000,000 extra every month.
That's $2,400,000,000 for a year.

$2.4 billion just by raising the price $2 a month.

What has Netflix done to deserve an extra $2.4 billion? Has the service gotten better? Are they making better movies or tv shows?

90s born queers love netflix.

Fiction books are just as bad as tv and movies unfortunately. Non-fiction books are like reading grammatically well-edited blogs. The only good books are those strictly for learning science and math subjects.

You are better off ridding yourself of all entertainment media and raising a family. Especially, if you are white.

Why are you on Sup Forums?

>trolling isn't his preferred entertainment form

>Are they making better movies or tv shows?
thats subjective but they are objectively making much more content than before.

Now we have the numbers,

usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/10/18/nielsen-reveals-whos-watching-what-netflix/773447001/

I don't think you understand how pricing models work, it's not that they have to offer more content, it's that the original price was never sustainable and was only low to get you to try it out.

>Fiction books are just as bad as tv and movies unfortunately. Non-fiction books are like reading grammatically well-edited blogs. The only good books are those strictly for learning science and math subjects.

Found the user with autism.

>propaganda
huh?

>Paying money for videos
You must be completely mad to do that

>Why are you complaining about $2 price hike user
>$2 is nothing
>How are we gonna survive if you don't give us your shekel
>You're a criminal user, you should be ashamed of yourself if you torrent our shows
>Bad goyim, you're a bad goyim

1) Everyone is going to pirate everything more and more
2) all the content delivery services won't be able to compete because they can't have all possible content and the studios will continue to charge too much for their content
3) Outmoded theatre model for new releases continues to decline and more shit gets released direct to streaming services
4)eventually delivery services will dry up once enough people cut cord with cable because it's so overpriced that it props everything up
5) Complete collapse of home media delivery industry causes a massive deflation throughout Hollywood going all the way up to Actors, directors, studio execs and SFX development houses.
6) everyone will realize that the multi-billion dollar blockbuster sheckel printing press era is over and nobody from Gen Z is going to be a captive theatre audience pricegouged by jewish movie studios. Studio execs will get booted and move to more profitable shit and studios will interfere less with content. More movies will get made for artistic reasons. Actors and directors won't all be multi-millionaires from doing a few shitty rom-coms.

It's the same deflation back to earth that needs to happen in almost every industry - especially the ones most effected by the jews and their relentless sheckelgrubbing.

>he doesn't write novels while watching television
embarrassing

will my dvds/blurays become collectible? I put a lot of effort and time into it.

>netflix is way fucking worth it
Netflix, please go

>Not streaming shit for free
Get the fuck off my board faggot

What? I have 23MB/s. 500mbit. Get fucked internetlet.

>I am retarded
Netflix is burning so much cash right now because they are investing in new content, which dosn`t generate money until later. Each series they add (as an original anyway) is amortized over time, with the initial costs covered by debt markets, because after tax that is cheaper for them than equity.

Learn what you talk about before you make a fool of yourself again

>not composing operas while writing novels
brainlet

I know more gen z against Netflix, than 90s fags against it

Just use usenet, you can create free 3-day accounts on hitbox and xennews as often as you want, Kevin.

Someone who likes Netflix please explain to me how it makes sense to focus solely on original movies and TV? I know that they continually get subscribers and therefore more eyes to watch that stuff, but as the subscriber increase tapers off, nobody will be giving a shit about the OC. Half of it isn't even good and a quarter of it is overrated as fuck. Meanwhile, I keep seeing more Spanish and Indian shows getting added to the heap, and I don't sub to Netflix Spain or Netflix India.

It just seems like they're spinning their wheels to create this backlog of stuff that's going to get consumed and forgotten, and half the new stuff is pandering to niche viewships.

They have to regulary renew their contracts for non-original shows, which means both uncertanity about the content they can over and more expenses for them. For originals they just have to pay once for the creation and can keep them forever.

Not someone who likes Netflix though

You're delusional. If the industry implodes like you project, soulless cash grabs will be the last thing to go. The vast majority of actors and directors barely get by already. They aren't 'all multi-millionares'.

soulless cash grabs are the only things left to go.

Normalfag detected.

I guess it just calculates out better for them to do this than to continually renew contracts. To me, it seems like they're blowing this massive wad on what they *think* will be shows that they can milk for all of time, but I'm seeing a few snags in that plan:

>The OC is middling in quality and therefore not as rewatchable as time-tested favorites made by the studios
>Younger generations are more throwaway than ever, constantly want more/new/different shit to watch rather than going back to the rewatch well (and that well is hardly filled with Netflix OC)
>Still a huge market of ages 30+ who want to nostalgia watch all that studio stuff and will leave Netflix to do so
>Something else might gain traction in becoming the new Netflix and Netflix becomes just another niche content provider before they pay off their debts

It just seems like they're biting off more than they can chew with this OC tactic.

He's talking about bitrate you illiterate faggot.

That's cynical nonsense. It's very difficult to get into film making unless you're passionate about it.

>I'm born 98

That`s the thing: Netflix dosn`t really care if you actually watch (or like) their stuff. Normies aren`t all that comfortable with streaming and pirating, so they will keep on Netflix as long as there are at least 2 or 3 shows they want to watch on there.

>negative cash flow

That's not always a bad thing, in fact I think it's a good sign in this case.

I graduated high school in 1997.

>Normies
Normalfags

Norps.

WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS OBSESSED WITH NETFLIX?

LOOK HOW MUCH KINO THEY HAVE GIVEN US!

Ozark wasn't that great and most of their self branded shows are mediocre at best. Marvel stuff is atrocious. Daredevil season one was decent but the rest is shit for example.

Listen sandnigger downloading is faster than streaming via cellular or home internet. Do you have some sort of shit sharia internet or something now? I thought Germany was so progressive?

I was born in '98 and use my sister's Netflix account. I'd consider buying my own but Netflix Australia is full of shitty Pajeet action films, more shitty foreign movies, remakes and shitty spin off series that no one's heard of of already shitty movies. It's like a fucking K Mart bargain bin honestly and I'm much happier spending my small amount of disposable income set aside from streaming services on WWE Network.

I feel ungrateful saying that but yeah, Netflix is worth how much you pay for it and it's easier and more convenient than going back to the days of Blockbuster but they're simply going to have to do more to compete. Especially for the younger audience who are cynical, knowledgeable enough to know how to easily torrent and poor and very unwilling to throw around money.

lol, do you really watch dubs of everything? What a plebian nation.

>shitty Pajeet action films
Going through Netflix and disliking or liking things I keep running into asian and pajeet shit too now too. I've liked none of them and go out of my way to dislike them all.

Not that user but here in germany you can fucked in the ass for torrenting shit, and internet sucks balls in the more rural areas

Western shit? Yeah, mostly. Most plebs also watch viatnamese cartoon dubs, which is cancer

>Not that user but here in germany you can fucked in the ass for torrenting shit, and internet sucks balls in the more rural areas
Rural areas in the USA suck as well and we have more of it. Most of us use cellular to get actual broadband out that way though. I get 70Mbit-300Mbit out in rural areas. It's your only real option out there these days.

BTW are VPN's still legal in Germany? That would take care of any nag/legal issues unless you have some sort of weird laws where everything is logged so you're fucked. I know some in the USA say they don't log but they do like that recent PureVPN provider here that gave law enforcement IP's for some stalker case.

i died in 96

>i live in a german speaking country
There is what, 4 or 5 German speaking countries in the world, did you really need this mistery?

Cellular also sucks in most areas, so that really isn`t an option. I had about 0,7mb/s downstream until they laid down fiber optic cables here, now I get 20mb/s though so its alright

As far as I know, they are. You can do the same by switching to usenet/one-click though, since they can`t do shit as long as you do not upload any copyrighted material.

>People actually pay for free things
Weird

So it's cancer to watch Laotian cartoons dubbed but it's all gravy to watch a dub of something live action? I wouldn't dream of watching a dub of a Fassbinder movie (can't think of a more recent examples because your countries industry is shit).

I pay for usenet for "free" things. Saves me more than I pay and it's better than torrents for automation.

They will be continually supported either directly or indirectly by government assistance to ensure the continued survival of evolving media. Whether it be providing tax breaks, direct funds, or some other downright chicanery the bread and circus must continue.

Why? Because the continued consumption of media by the populace is a necessary distraction for keeping them complacent.

If media was suddenly unavailable, the population would eat those in power alive, and burn down the perverted and luxurious reality they have cultivated for themselves.

I have taken to watch most live-action stuff in english, but only because I don`t want to wait for the dub. Not having to read subs or concentrating on another language is just much more comfy

Oh and I'll add that usenet is still free with caveats but was always free in the USA with an internet subscription such as dialup or some even broadband plan. ISP's removed it as an added feature years ago same with their focus on email and how many accounts etc.

I find it hard to watch anything dubbed especially laotian cartoons. The voice actors many of them have annoying voices.

How is it different for Burmese animu then, there's normally less nuance and artistic merit to those shows that might be lost in translation.

t. netflix

Lol, so what language did you watch the sopranos in?

Thai cartoons get only the most shitty voice actors, and even if they don`t its pretty irritating to watch animu when you think of Charlie Sheen all the time

Why the fuck are their still producing new netflix shows ?

>vast majority of actors and directors barely get by already

not him but i share my netflix account with my parents (yay, multiuser plan) and they really enjoy to watch new shows with quality dubs or at least subs, not being dependend on tv-schedules and network goodwill. and since they're in their 70s, english is not their strongest asset.

Are you an ausfag too or are you in the US? Cause I heard US Netflix was shitty but still better than Australian Netflix. Every fucking time there's massive update of 60+ new things available to watch at least 20-30 of them are new Pajeet action films or shitty low budget chink action movies from the 70s and they always have extremely poor ratings so I don't know why they bother wasting the effort, time and money on getting these movies.

I'm in the USA but have some aussie friends that have similar issue as I do. I keep seeing this asian shit and pajeet shit in my netflix despite thumbing it down.

I graduated 96.
I may have bullied you!
So,how's it going,bud?

There are hundreds of thousands of them. Most can only earn money from add work. Even the minuscule amount who eventually get rich will spend years struggling. The struggling filmmaker is a fucking cliche, what planet are you on. You think there's a few hundred actors & directors and they all own yachts and bath in moet?