A character adamantly doesn't believe in a supernatural thing

>A character adamantly doesn't believe in a supernatural thing.
>Said character routinely encounters supernatural things nearly every day of their lives.

Just because ghosts exists doesn't mean werewolves exist.
Just because vampires exist doesn't mean eskimos exist.
Etc

Name 3.14 shadow plays that does this.

What episode of SMSS is that?

i remember that one AT episode that people said was this but it seems like no one realized that Bubblegum wasn't saying magical bullshit didn't exist, she was just saying that said magical bullshit was still science. she was being an arrogant cunt bout it, not a poorly characterized retard.

Yeah, but you shouldn't be so damn skeptical knowing that stranger things have happened.

There is a point where what exist gets too ridiculous and you just go with the flow tho.

Lex Luthor, Wally from YJ cartoon, princess Bubblegun.

>Smart, rational character doesn't believe in the unknown and provides a possible explanation for all tbe weird
>the characteristic is especially highlighted/just created/ only shows up in this episode
>comes across an issue in this episode that they can't explain and become dumb and bumbling
>the show or its characters make it obvious that this person just got schooled by reality in an annoyingly smug "gotcha" moment
Bonus points if the character doesn't change after the episode.

>"These people believe anything they can't explain is magic."
>"Naturally, you don't believe in that kind of thing."
>"Of course I do. I've seen it all. Demons, witch-boys, immortals, zombies... But this thing? I don't know, it just feels so... So high-school."

Batman Beyond was great.

I think they made Seto Kaiba from the Yugioh dub even MORE skeptical than the Japanese version.

That episode still kinda sucked

It isn't strange to them though, its just life.

Eskimos exist, dude. Do you not know about them?

if i encountered magical dragons everyday, i wouldn't think much of them
but if i never encountered ghosts before, an someone asked me about ghosts, i would disbelieve it

I know about them. I also know about vampires and unicorns.
Have you ever seen an Eskimo???

We all encounter supernatural things nearly every night of our lives when we dream. You'd be wrong if you accepted them at face value as actual things happening in the real world as opposed to illusions of things created while your brain is reorganizing from the previous day. Though most of us do accept them at face value while dreaming, which I think implies something about our serious deficiencies in being able to identify illusions in waking life.

it was a cool adventure episode that's only marred by PB being an asshole, I'm still not sure if she was supposed to be in the right or not.

>believing the Eskimo conspiracy theory

Who is brian griffin?

It's still better than

>Character doesn't believe in one mildly supernatural thing
>Character then blames another extremely supernatural thing

It's the basis for insanity in a lot of villains, how their schizophrenic fears are out to get them.

Outside of comics, this annoyed me most with the x files. Scully, you literally can't shift blame of everything onto angels, even if you are right 10 percent of the time.

That one's especially weird since Brian himself is a talking dog.