Will we witness true Lovecraftian Kino in our lifetime?

will we witness true Lovecraftian Kino in our lifetime?

No lovecraft's work can only be created in the mind of the reader.

Stop being a brainlet and read a book.

No.
The closest thing is lovecraft ludo aka Bloodborne.

Lovecraftian kino to go with this dish?

some things are better left alone

>ludo
>gameplay mechanics are at odds with themes

Pick one

I pick both, actually. The game map and thematic map being at odds is something only ludo can pull off.
Consistent experiences are for profit, it takes an auteur to throw audiences off.

Wat dis?

>Dark Souls
Undead can only truly die when they lose motivation. Players only truly lose when they stop playing
>Bloodborne
Hunters lose their sanity and control if they imbibe in excessive violence. Players are rewarded with an understanding of the world and gain ultimate power if they imbibe in excessive violence.

You do not understand ludo. Get lost memer.

Was this the most lovecraftian Seinfeld episode ?

The one where Jerry and Kramer switch apartments.

No. I don't think there is a director that can instill the feeling of otherworldliness and insignificance in the audience.

sauce

Ahmanet animated bonus to "The Mummy" DVD inb4 "fuck off shill faggot", absolutley loved it, even more than movie itself, pure motherfucking lovecraftian
it kinda shows her feelings when descending to underwords to reborn as evil

Fraiser

No.
Dark Souls is consistent thematically but it brings nothing new to the table in terms of structure other than having a shit second half.
Bloodborne is a superior experience in every way, even if DaS is thematically sounder.

"The Mummy" 2017 DVD bonus 'Ahmanet Reborn' animation

>Shot of the ocean
>What if Cthulhu wasn't just a story?
>BRAAAAAAAAAP
>Shot of people running away
>City is being destroyed
>BRAAAAAAAAP and whale noises play
>Coming 2020

The descent into the V'Ger in Star Trek Motion Picture fits the bill.

So a safari of gothic and lovecraftian settings is innovation to you?

Your ignorance of the medium isn't an argument. And you do not understand the fundamentals of ludo. Nothing you have said relates to creating a thematic experience that can only be achieved in a game.

Any movie about The Beatles is pretty Lovecraftian.

I'D LIKE TO BE, UNDER THE SEA!

Yes, not only is it innovative but the execution is better than any Souls game, just using the concept of "insight" to allow you to perceive Eldritch ancients depending on how insane your character has become is something only achievable in a video game, and the game is written around the player character being a blood thirsty beast that fucks up the fragile balance of a human-turned-god trying to stop the Ancients from taking over.

I haven't actually read any Lovecraft yet but I intend to. I was thinking At the Mountains of Madness could be good, lots of untapped cinematic potential in the Antarctic and a cosmic horror storyline would match nicely with such an alien and inhospitable setting. Plus just setting a story in the 30s is an appreciable fraction of the way to kino already, what an aesthetic era. If I decide to make movies, maybe I'll be able to make it happen.

That was more Kafkaeque

Is John Carpenter Lovecraftian?
I know esp darkstar is Kafkaesque.

the thing somewhat is

by guessing meaning for made up words?

Bas relief? Wtf does this guy think hes dr seuss or some shit?

Im playing amnesia and its very lovecrafty.