Greatest TV Shows of All Time

The greatest TV shows of all time in chronological order are Cheers, Seinfeld, the first eight seasons of The Simpsons, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Frasier, Friends, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Sopranos, Freaks and Geeks, The Office (UK), The Wire, Arrested Development, Deadwood, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8JtADjU4UH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No Twilight Zone

Pleb

>Frasier

Okay. Make that the best TV shows of the last 35 years. Is that better?

>The Wire
>good

It's the second greatest TV drama of all time after The Sopranos.

Almost perfect except you need to drop Buffy.

> the office (uk)
No

>no All in the Family
>no The Shield
>Buffy the Vampire Slayer
>Breaking Bad
Super pleb.

Shit man, this is a helluva shit taste you got there.

I only included TV shows that debuted since 1980 in the list because I didn't think Sup Forums would be too familiar with showers older than that. There is nothing wrong with the latter two TV shows that you mentioned.

*Shows.

But I don't think Sup Forums knows anything about antique showers either.

You really don't like any of the shows mentioned in the original post?

How much has your taste been influenced by Sup Forums? How many of these shows did you discover yourself?

I discovered all of them myself. I don't really get TV show recommendations from Sup Forums to be honest.

I take it you just finished binge watching Cheers, and that's why it's above Seinfeld.

I put the shows in chronological order. Seinfeld is my favourite sitcom of all time along with classic Simpsons.

Buffy is more culturally destructive than uplifting. Breaking Bad wouldn't exist without The Shield in any form.

I haven't watched The Shield, but it's on the to-watch list. How is Buffy culturally destructive?

Look at the dialogue for starters. That sardonic quiptastic shit is a cancer on modern movie.

>greatest TV shows of all time
>all american except for the one obligatory english one

imagine being this pleb

That's not Buffy's fault. You can't blame an original source for the poor imitators that it inspired. They tried to copy what Buffy did well and failed.

Joss Whedon himself is the worst offender of trying to replicate Buffy. The Avengers has some of the worst dialogue in an action movie.

This is a legitimate criticism. The only other non-US TV shows that I would add to this list are Fawlty Towers and Doctor Who, but both of them began before 1980 and that was my cut-off date for the beginning of the list. That's definitely a shortcoming on my part. What non-US TV shows would you recommend?

I'm not factoring Joss Whedon's later work into my assessment of Buffy.

Peep show, black books... Man imagine all the top tier french tv we're all missing out on. There must be some good shit surely

Dekalog
Berlin Alexanderplatz
House of Cards
The Prisoner
Our Friends In The North

Yeah. Fair enough. I've heard good things about both of those shows, but I've never really gotten around to watching them. That might change soon.

>no Married With Children

OH AAAAALLL

youtube.com/watch?v=8JtADjU4UH4

Nah. I'm just kidding.

>The Office (UK)
>Arrested Development
>Breaking Bad

>No House MD
>No M*A*S*H
>No Whose Line

Pleb tier list

M*A*S*H absolutely deserves to be on this list, but I restricted it to shows that debuted after 1980 because I thought Sup Forums would be more familiar with them.

I love Whose Line is It Anyway, but it's an improv comedy show. You can't honestly say that it's on an artistic level comparable to these other shows.

I haven't watched House so I can't comment on that. I also see nothing wrong with the shows from my list that you highlighted.

Kasia feet are top tier

The first season of Arrested Development was great. After that it went downhill quickly and ended up in the dumpster fire that was the Netflix season

>no The Thick of It
Why would you leave out the best comedy show ever?

oh hello, imdb. nice to see you

>thinking House MD should be on that list
plebbier

>no Better Call Saul
>no True Detective

Absolutely fucking this. Also, season 2/3 of Teachers should be there as well.

OP, your list is typical of some little American millennial that professes to eschew capitalism yet will happily camp out for the latest minor addition to an iPhone. You are a worthless animal.

>no lost

>No US Office
>No Game of Thrones

you forgot the Sneeds (formerly the Simpsons) spin-off series

>the wire
>mad men
>breaking bad
>no parks and rec

>no Rosanne

op's list isn't perfect but no-one's made a suggestion that actually qualifies as one of the greats except for