Why is he so fucking good. dude owned the screen like no one else

why is he so fucking good. dude owned the screen like no one else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yT_sHPQcntE
youtube.com/watch?v=rTZU3woXGAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>acting autistically and putting no effort into it is "owning the screen"
Ok, kid. Whatever you say.

let's you do it, tough guy

Yeah, he did an amazing job. After seeing this I'm going to buy all of his movies later today haha. Any must haves?

Buy all of them, friend. But I would especially recommend his hits like Drive, Place beyond the pines and The Notebook.

the believer
only god forgives
the place beyond the pines

>buy
Why not just watch them for free you pussy

Half Nelson too

>......I Bladerun

There aren't very many mainstream minimalist actors out there and he pulls it off well, which makes him stick out. It requires a high degree of charisma to pull off, which he naturally has. Also he's exceptionally good at acting with his eyes. In the bridge scene in BR2049 with the giant Joi he never changes his facial expression but just from his eyes you can tell exactly how he's feeling and what he's thinking.

Lars and the real girl

Mark Rylance is the only other one that comes to mind.
Masterfully subtle and zero "I'M ACTING" whatsoever, yet he always has the best performance of the entire cast.

>that's a shame, I'm sure you were...adorable
literally walked out of the theatre after this whedontier quip

>he hasn't seen bridge of spies

It wasn't a quip, it shows he's a weird guy who can't into normal conversation.
It kinda sounds like the right thing to say, and in a different context it would be appropriate but in that one it's just weird.

I know most films portray social awkwardness in a really over the top comedic way, but this is more true to life.

I've had plenty of similar experiences, where I just say something odd or inappropriate but only realise later. People usually don't notice at all, or at least pretend so, like that bald archive guy did.

He is shit.
Plays himself in every role, gets away with almost no acting because he is ryan gosling.

Mark Rylance's performances are often one-note and it is often dull to watch him perform.

Watch him as the main part of Wolf Hall. It becomes boring to watch him after 2 or 3 episodes.

>Gosling
>good actor
reddit just can't help themselves

i like when he spergs out

He's a real human bean and a real hero

man, if you think just anyone can act like that you're an idiot.

>hurr durr, clint eastwood and james dean are bad because they can only play one character

>Being this hypocritical
Lmao you haven't been on Sup Forums long have you?

Yeah, his performance in The Nice Guys, Drive and The Believer are TOTALLY the same, right?

the notebook. i'm a feemale so i love it but i know guys hate it so whatever

He is charismatic as fuck, in a very autistic way. His very subtle approach to movement, with realistic and believable gestures (not the usual actor-studio shit) serves as a tabula rasa for the audience to insert its self-projection.

Are you new here? I thought summer ended already. Sup Forums has always loved The Goose

He reminds me of myself.

His outburst in the memory scene of the new Blade Runner made me genuinely uncomfortable. It had a geniality and realism you usually don't see in movies these days, especially from the hero characters

Yeah it felt very real, gives the impression that it was improvised and not scripted (though it probably was)

All I know is. I love the goose so much now.

Finally saw Drive

Finally saw The Nice Guys

I need to fill my library with more Goose kino! Recommend me some Sup Forums!

*Sees you oogling the Joi Hologram*
*Looks mad*
*Walks towards you*

What would you do?

>Mr. Gosling’s ability to elicit sympathy while seeming too distracted to want it — his knack for making boredom look like passion and vice versa — makes him a perfect warm-blooded robot for our time. -New York Times

Its the classic goose trap.

Silent thought the movie then suddenly, high pitched scream out of nowhere.

>The Notebook

I completely forgot he was in that piece of shit movie

Next time you say you like Reynolds, right ?

BRAVO BABY GOOSE BRAVO

The Place Beyond The Pines

I can't tell if this is a compliment or an insult

youtube.com/watch?v=yT_sHPQcntE

youtube.com/watch?v=rTZU3woXGAs

I'd an (real) hero on the spot.

The epitome of a contractual autistic 4channer boys

>The Goose
Cringe.

He looks a bit like Nicolas Cage in this. He should play his brother in a movie. An autistic, quiet actor and a loud, insane actor.

He is awkward as shit. He makes me cringe just looking at him act

Emma Stone is incredible with her eyes when she bothers

THIS

last time an actors emotion hit me like it was so real was Heath Ledger' s Joker. When he caught one of the locals dressing like Batman and taped his torture and said "LOOK AT ME!"

Sent chills down my spines. Just like Goose did as K.

When he fucks up with the car and gets his wheels stuck, the "FUUUCK" he lets out is one of the most brilliant authentic moments of rage I've ever seen. Such a great character.

>tfw sequel never

>serves as a tabula rasa for the audience to insert its self-projection
the plebbit is strong with this one