Affleck states that Justice League Movie Will be the DCEU’s ‘Rebirth’

>It was great, and there’s a lot of changes and a lot of new stuff. There was a whole feeling of kind of ‘rebirth’ and there’s an exciting group of actors. You know, Ezra Miller and Jason Momoa and guys like that, so much fun, and Gal Gadot who’s great and Henry Cavill. It was a lot of fun.

heyuguys.com/exclusive-ben-affleck-talks-batman-in-justice-league/

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/dceu-writer-says-justice-league-aquaman-are-both-really-fun/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fun

There's that word again!

Did he mean to say, "stillbirth"?

BEN Affleck?

Didn't another source say that the movie was a fucking mess and there was no fixing it?

what, they're not allowed to use it?

This showing of complete optimism and exuberance for the project fills me with nothing but trepidation and doubt.

no thats a reddit word

>Okay, we're gonna get this show on the road, but for real this time!

Forgive me if I'm not feeling any excitement over this.

You know when I said Batman v. Superman was fun and it turned out to be shit. Well this time my friends I am definitely, 100% not doing the same thing. Fun, fun, fun is what this is, yessiree

>Okay, I know you guys had issues with Green Lantern, but we're starting fresh, this time it's gonna be fresh and exciting!
>Okay, I know you guys had issues with MoS, but we're starting fresh, this time it's gonna be fresh and exciting!
>Okay, I know you guys had issues with BvS and Suicide Squad, but we're starting fresh, this time it's gonna be fresh and exciting!
>Okay, I know you guys had issues with Justice League and Wonder Woman, but we're starting fresh, this time it's gonna be fresh and exciting!
Before anyone complains that GL wasn't part of the DCEU, it was intended to be the start of it, but its poor reception made them change their plans

>This guy who knows a guy who has this dog that gets yelled at by this guy who's been cheating on his wife's dad who has this son who's a friend of another kid who's father works at nintendo told me said that JL is a mess!

They've been using it a lot lately in all their press releases and interviews. It feels like WB has basically forced them to say it as much as possible.

The DCEU is just cursed. They had planned to start it ages ago with that first Batman vs Superman movie that fizzled out. Then they give it another shot with Green Lantern and that goes nowhere. Now they actually have a consistent cinematic universe that's actually getting multiple movies done and it's still plagued with problems and poor reviews.

You mean Batman on Film? The guy with legitimate sourcing who's been in the business for nearly 20 years?

His info is usually accurate. He's kind of an ass though.

All I want is some fucking competence. Sure, the Marvel movies can get trite and formulaic, but at least they're made with basic competence.

But user, WB dindu nuffin. He was a good boy. Trying to get his cinematic universe together

So is Affleck admitting that BvS and SS sucked? That's bold.

Isn't the fact that they need to say this cinematic universe is getting a "rebirth" after only four films essentially admitting they royally fucked up?

They say it for every film.

I still don't understand why the fuck they tried starting their universe with fucking GL. I like Hal as much as the next guy but he's not the dude you use as an introduction to the DC universe. You pick either Batman or Superman, in that order, or if you're feeling risky you pick Flash.

Basically.

Wally West shows up and fixes everything then?

>I still don't understand why the fuck they tried starting their universe with fucking IM. I like Tony as much as the next guy but he's not the dude you use as an introduction to the Marvel universe.
That's why

Cinematic universes weren't a thing everyone wanted when Iron Man was being made and unlike Marvel WB had the film rights to all the major DC characters.

It was still something that was planned from the outset. They didn't make Iron Man and then decide to make a cinematic universe, they decided to make a cinematic universe and start with Iron Man.

They decided to start with Ant-Man, Wright just cocked them around for years on end

But will it be a FUN movie?

>quips

Look anything short of a complete reboot isnt going to fly with me. The DCEU's foundation is a fucking mess. I dont see Justice League making up for 4 fucking films (and yes Im counting Wonder Woman)

how do you get that at all? The story is literally about a rebirth of heroism, which was the plan from the beginning of BvS, hence it being called DAWN of Justice. Jesus christ.

JL will be great. Batman will be great. The DCEU is under control. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

BvS was great. Man of Steel was pretty good too.

Suicide Squad was fantastic

Remember Jonah Hex? Yeah...I think that was the last time WB does a hero below A list....

There was another interview where the guy said it like, 15 times. It was clear the desperation.

Inside information says that it will be an horrible quipfest, like what snyderfags project into Marvel, but with Erza Miller being cringe.

Reminde that Blade Runner and Black Christmas were originally panned despite being highly influential

The DCEU has been pretty fun

Last rumor I heard was WB freaked out when gauging audience reactions over the team lineup pic that was recently released. So expect another editing nightmare trying to "save" it

>s-shut up guys, Batman vs Superman will be considered amazing in 30 years!

Actually, it was the same person that had the entire inside information regarding the modifications done by Suicide Sqaud.

Tured out, he was 100% right over the changes done.

So far, he only got it right.

You mean people reacted poorly to a poor image? Who would have thought

>Black Christmas

I had to look this up, user. It can't have been that influential.

Also, this

Kek.

>g-guys, Green Lantern, Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender will be classics despite their reception! I swear!

>blade runner was originally panned
>all reviews i've found for it from top critics have been positive

This just seals the fact that it is going to suck. He is pushing for it, but in an obvious way that shows he doesn't have faith in it. He is like a parent whose child is a complete fuckup, but he is grabbing onto every little positive thing he can.

They have to revive Superman, who will likely be benched for a good portion of the movie, and Steppenwolf is their fucking villain. So yeah, expectations are at a all time low for me

Blade Runner had mixed reviews, and did poorly at the box office.
Black Chirstmas had mixed reviews, but did pretty well at the box office.

Flashpoint event in the movie.

Superman never dies. Batman and Superman did a Worlds Finest and took down Luthor before the Capital Bombing.

Just nobody go see it. I want this universe to die.

I don't care if it's 'fun' because 'fun' is not what we're looking for. We're looking for optimism, and yes, there is a difference between the two.

People say Deadpool was fun. It was a neat little flick with certain gimmicks, gave some people a few laughs here and there, and you left satisfied. That's what the people said.

We don't want that. We want a Justice League that is grand, epic, and well done. We want them to be heroes that we can look up to, feel for, and most importantly, care about.

I don't care about Superman in these movies.

I don't feel sympathetic to this Batman.

I still don't give a shit about Wonder Woman.

The DCEU can't deliver the three basic concepts of keeping an audience with an actually good product; a product that can be looked at and considered a work of art.

And when they hear us say this? They say we just don't want our heroes deconstructed. That's ridiculous. The reasons people love super-heroes is because they are allured to them for that very purpose. I don't just want to see Batman do a Batman-like thing because he's Batman; I want to see why. I want to understand him, I want to understand Superman, and I want to care.

Zack Snyder can't "deconstruct" his characters when he gives them more background information that outshines the central character/protagonists.

All of this could have been avoided. All of it. None of the controversy, none of the fucking arguments about Zack being a hack or not; it never needed to happened.

This all started with Zack Snyder, and it's ultimately his fault solely for fucking this up. There is no one else to blame. The very first film was ill-received for the most-part, and it only sunk more and more.

Don't see these movies. If you hate this universe, if you don't like this Justice League, then don't bother giving it your more valuable money.

We all know how it'll turn out.

It's time to jump ship.

Marvel sucks ass too.

are you seriously fucking serious DC?
calling justice league a rebirth (reboot)!?
i'm betting there's going to be a montage of origin stories for all the characters in the beginning (or sprinkled throughout) the movie.

the flying fuck

ON THE NOSE POP MUSIC INTRODUCTIONS COMING UP

Don't even respond to this. I just feel really upset and want people to consider it. I know I sound like a total ass, but think about it: these films are going to be around for a while if they continue to make even enough money. I don't want the next generation to see this shit any more.

>We don't want that. We want a Justice League that is grand, epic, and well done. We want them to be heroes that we can look up to, feel for, and most importantly, care about.

you try anything different anymore, and you'll get burned for it.

Five bucks says they introduce Superman with Three Doors Down's 'Kryptonite'.

Yea basically all Disney buything them allowed them the funds to speed up and fatten the schedule.

Yea shame Wright didn't get the job done quicker.

But I still think that Fantastic Four and Ant-Man and Wasp would work better as period pieces along the way of First Class.

Fanstic Four getting teleported to the future at the end of their film into Modern Era. And old man Hank punching Reed in the face.

Give this bastard a medal.

We can kill it with meme magic, but I dont know if its strong enough for a revival afterwards. Also
>Marvel sucks
Theyre fun, but there is no excuse why DC shouldnt be absolutely stomping them given what they have to work with

Logan will be great, and so you DCEUfags will have to learn that the matter is not tone, your franchine just sucks.

>Sienna Miller
>Vicki Vale
Do it Affleck.

>Logan will be great
>TLoU featuring Wolverine
>great

betting that rumors of reshoots are going to happen and dc will say it's to add more action/fun into the movie.

then of course there's going to be the special edition with over an hour of footage that will probably divided into segments; ie. cyborg, batman, wonderwoman, flash, a special about how the world reacted to the death of superman (with a hint at kon-el:clone of supes within cadmus)

BvS was the best movie of all time. Affleck is just noting the tone shift. BvS was the best serious movie, JL will be the best lighthearted movie.

>Just nobody go see it. I want this universe to die.

This this this. DShit's comics are dying screaming and they're trying to shit out movies before they go out of business to try and stop anybody from making superhero movies.

>I still don't understand why the fuck they tried starting their universe with fucking IM. I like Tony as much as the next guy but he's not the dude you use as an introduction to the Marvel universe.
Marvel had the rights excuse. Who else could've they used? Thor for a pre-superhero trend movie? Cap who was seen as "useless" back then? Ant-Man?

DC saw how Marvel kickstarted their universe with a lesser known hero and tried to do the same, but they didn't realize how much luck was involved. It's funny because to this day they keep trying to emulate what Marvel Studios does.

what's sad is that dc could've been great. really great.
but their ego/hype fucked them up.

Considering how bad the DCEU has been, people are inclined to believe that JL is going to be more of the same.

At this point the burden has shifted the other way: WB is going to have to work hard to convince people they've really got something good this time.

Ideas never die

>The DCEU is just cursed.

For fuck's sake, no it isn't. This isn't something that just happened to WB. They're in this position because they've made consistently terrible movies and decisions.

It's not like they've tried their best but circumstances keep fucking them. They've fucked themselves with their massive incompetence, turning what should have been sure-fire mega-hits into embarrassing disasters.

Every word in the dictionary is reddit to you chucklefucks

You almost have to start with GL. If you don't have the corps in play in the beginning you have to answer the question of why the corps didn't do anything for any of the intergalactic threats that happen in any of the pre-GL movies.

How is the current DC cinematic universe going to explain why a Kryptionian war ship attacking an undeveloped planet wasn't worth the corps getting involved?

Obligatory Shut the fuck up Boco!

>>g-guys, Green Lantern, Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender will be classics despite their reception! I swear!
The will regardless of quality

>I had to look this up, user. It can't have been that influential.

Black Christmas was influential but not int he way Blade Runner was.

It was the first slasher pic and helped establish the genre that would explode in popularity with Halloween. However, it didn't define the look and feel of the entire genre the way Blade Runner did with cyberpunk.

HAHAHAHA! How desperate can you get? "P-please don't see this movie..." Not gonna work this time. It BARELY worked for BvS and you got your wish of it not breaking a billion, but people won't fall for the same trick twice and will definitely see JL.

You can try something different, but that different approach also has to be good, which WB seems to have forgotten.

Please try just a LITTLE harder, user. Bait this low quality embarrasses both you and us.

This meme is never gonna catch on, y'know

>T-They're just bullying us

When will Snyderfags ever learn?

But it already has. I can make a compilation of the amount of times DC/WB said a new movie was going to be "fun" in the past 8 months.

Here's a recent one: screenrant.com/dceu-writer-says-justice-league-aquaman-are-both-really-fun/

I'm going to see it.

[Spoiler]When the extended cut is released. [/Spoiler]

Yes sir...

"Guys, I have this new take on the classic burger, give it a try."

"Gah, this is disgusting. What did you do to it?"

"I took a shit in the meat before cooking it, and then another shit inside the bun."

"That's terrible. This is garbage."

"Why does no one support doing anything differently!?"

What's irritating is WB only skims through what Marvel Studios does, instead of analyzing it and building upon it. They're not allowing themselves to improve

I'm not doubting them saying the word 'fun'. I'm saying the meme around it isn't gonna fly

Triggered much?

ITT: Marvlelkids and Sup Forumsmbrlinas getting triggered.

>DCEU is a bacon cheese burger
>MCU is a McDonalds stale burger with no cheese

"WHY WOULD YOU ADD BACON TO A PERFECT FORMULA?"

People will love it soon enough.

That's a dangerously, disgusting wrong analogy.

>Bacon is something that takes time to love

Keep telling yourself that, Snyderfag

>inb4 y-you just don't get it yet

Dr. Manhattan confirmed

Thank you Cereal King

Trademarked by Disney. Affleck can expect a cease and desist email soon

Autism:The Post

>this will be the one to turn it around!
Dc movies are like videogame adaption films, but to be fair this was what dc wanted to skip to so they could start to compete with marvel

>We can kill it with meme magic,

We already killed Suicide Squad with meme magic

Mad.
It is if everyone constantly tells you not to even try it.

People like bacon. People don't like shit movies. Don't lump them together