Is this a good movie Sup Forums...

Is this a good movie Sup Forums ? I remember I saw it in theatres when it came out and I didn't know anything about the Spirit,and still don't. From a comic book reader perspective, how was this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHWqe1UWZws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It sucks. Read the Darwyn Cooke modern series to see how good it could have been, then read the Eisner originals for some of the best panels ever.

Crappy movie was crappy.

Spirit is a pretty good comic book, Sup Forums should story time it more.

>no Sup Forumsnrad photochop

It's a good Frank Miller story.

Shit Spirit story.

Never read a Spirit comic, but I can probably guess it was a bastardization. I was bored and confused the entire time, not to mention its not encouraging seeing your hero get his assed kicked the entire time

We got spirit dog out of it, at least.

Truly awful. It was like they went out of their way to make a terrible film.

only movie I've failed to make it 20 minutes into TWICE

just extreme cringe

This was real? I thought this was a fever dream I experienced brought on by double dosing on my psychotropics while perusing Netflix one afternoon.

>"My city, I can not deny her. My city screams. She is my mother. She is my lover, and I am her Spirit."
>She is my mother. She is my lover,

>this was ever considered acceptable
You know, sometimes I think it would be cool to go back in time and then I remember shit like this.

Frank Miller's cinematic middle finger to Will Eisner, a man he claimed to admire.

this movie was awesome. ty gabriel macht.

I remember renting this, being very excited, and I literally remember nothing of it. Nothing positive. Nothing negative. It left no mark on my life what-so-ever. It wasn't even that I watched too many movies that day or something (I worked at a rental place at the time, so, free movies so I could effectively suggest rentals). It was the only thing I brought home, watched it with my wife and my Dad, since we all really liked Sin City... I know Dad hated it, my wife hated it, I literally don't remember anything of it. It's like it literally ghosted it's way through my life.

Would you say it went through your life.....like a spirit?

MAKE IT FUCKING HAPPEN

ScarJo in a that Nazi uniform opened the door for a whole new fetish for me.

>Is this a good movie
No.

Ohan, you would love Legends of Tomorrow. Every episode has the blacks, women, and gays bitching about how the past ain't all progressive and shit like we is.

Oh man*
Don't even know how that typo happened.

Here's a vintage Sup Forums poster edit for you, OP.

>I literally remember nothing of it. Nothing positive. Nothing negative. It left no mark on my life what-so-ever.

I had the same experience with the second 300 film. But I only saw that because I'd already heard Tom Holkenborg's excellent soundtrack.

I like it. The adaptation is poor, but the Looney Tunes nature of the fights, the weird modern-noir setting and the zany send ups to the Golden and Silver Ages makes it a hilarious watch. Probably the second funniest cape movie, behind Deadpool.

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE!

I like it for being so goddamn weird. Also, Samuel L Jackson stole the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=BHWqe1UWZws

Forget that shit, I wonder if there's a DVD rip of the 1987 movie.

One if the worst things I've ever seen.

Fuck no this shit is awful and the only good thing about it is Eva Mendes being fine as fuck

Singlehandedly destroyed Frank Miller's movie cred after Sin City and 300

Especially because Miller himself was the director and he'd never directed anything before

Rodriguez gave him a co-director credit for Sin City and left the Director's Guild when they said it was against the rules.

Short answer: No.

Nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be
It's boring as shit though, I have no idea how they even managed to make it so dull

His mask looks great.

That's about it.

Saw this in theatre with a friend. 4 other peoplein the theatre besides us and they had all left by the nazi dentistry scene. Its dumb and definitely falls under the so bad its good catagory.

>hating on Ebony White
Ebony's a bro, you shush.

It's...an extremely weird movie that is both to commercial and non-commercial at the same time. It comes as the tumultuous icing on the cake of 20+ years of Frank Miller trying to break in to Hollywood.

>In the late 80's, Frank Miller leaves comics to head to LA to work as a screenwriter on Robocop 2. His script was heavily altered by the filmmakers as it was considered "un-filmable" in some places. He is disenchanted with Hollywood, returns to NY and creates the Sin City comics in response to his experience out west.

>Frank Miller loves the work of Will Eisner, there's a whole book Eisner/Miller(a good one too) thats an extended interview between the two discussing all kinds of topics related to comics, film, art and commerce. Its a fascinating read.

>Eisner dies in 2005.

>Robert Rodriguez (with some help from Quintin Tarantino and a lot of big name stars) come out with the Sin City movie in 2005. An extremely faithful adaptation made with CGI.

>Zack Snyder does the same thing in 2007 with 300.

>All of a sudden, Miller has a lot of clout in Holylwood to make his dream adaptation of The Spirit.

He makes it, and it's an incoherent mess with awkward dialog ("I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead!", "I can't stand egg on my face!"), random plot contrivances (The Spirit is actually supernatural now, with a Wolverine-like healing factor and the Mac Guffin of the movie is the blood of the actual Greek hero Heracles) that flops at the box office because its a superhero nobody outside a few old comic fans cares about.

Not even star power like Gabriel Macht, Eva Mendes, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson could save it.

Macht was perfect as Colt/Spirit.
Every female,s appeal was cranked up beyond reality. Largely a nice try, one star.....
And I will always keep my DVD.

I remember watching it when I was like 15 and thought it was the best, most artistic comic book movie ever.

Then I watched it again when I was 30 and it was shit.

Macht really was the highlight.
He had a very goofy manner about him that kept me the most consistently entertained

>Not even star power like Gabriel Macht
There was a point where he was considered a star? I thought he was just an appealing mostly unknown character actor.

The money came out 8 years ago....How is there a 15 year difference in your age.

We got us a time traveler. Get the bats.

I hate time travels.

>because its a superhero nobody outside a few old comic fans cares about
...and because comic readers were aware of WTF miller did with the character.

>bitch abou Hollywood messing up stuff
>messes up the adaptation of his own friend's character