This is the most overrated film ever made

This is the most overrated film ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88326832/#88334680
youtube.com/watch?v=4fk9yPZX_NM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off

Thats not Avatar

Never heard of it

That's not Wall-E.

That's not Inception.

That is not One Direction the movie

it's better than every marvel, dc, or new cuck wars at least

That's not Interstellar

This

Thats not Reddit Runner 2049

That's not 2001: A reddit odyssey

That's not ReddIT

This
>BUT DUDE LONG TAKES ARE FOR PATRICIANS
You can have long quiet scenes that are both good and bad. Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.

>DUDE THOSE SCENES MAKE US APPRECIATE TECHNOLOGY AND SHIT
A competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.

>IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LASER GUNS AND SJW PANDERING FOR YOU LIKING
Fuck off. Before Sunrise was litterally just two people walking around a city, talking and it wasn't boring for a second. You know why? BECAUSE IT HAD A COMPETENT DIRECTOR!

>DUDE BUT THE AENDING WAS PRETTY LSD TRIPPIN LMAO
So it's confirmed the drugs have destroyed your brains. 2001 fans are literally DUDE WEED LMAO tier

That's not Citizen Kane or Casablanca.

>it's better than literal dogshit at least

That's not a Lars von Trier movie

agreed

>overrated
OP continues his unprecedented streak of faggotry.

>is a masterpiece
>not heralded as a masterpiece
it's underrated, obviously

>DUDE ITS GONNA CHANGE THE ACTION GENRE FOREVER!!!
>already forgotten

That's not The Godfather Part 2

Name your top 10 films

witness me

t. 16 year old
Get some taste you fucking child

you're honestly a fag if you can't accept that 2001 was a great movie

you dont have to like it but calling it a bad movie just means you don't understand film

He really should have tapped that Furiosa ass. I still can't understand why he didn't when they both seemed into each other.

Yes, yes it is. Plain shit.

I hatee capeshit (see what I did there?) soooo much. My favorites? Well everything by Refn, Villeneuve, and Kubrick :)))

Come on m8s, it's a decently entertaining flick but nothing special. I mean where is the subtlety and depth, a real film requires some work.

I agree that 2001 is one of the most overrated movies of all time but your reasons were literal dogshit and you probably have terrible taste in movies. If you think 2001 is slow or boring then you are a massive pleb and need to watch more films. Try World on a Wire.

I agree that it's a great movie but it has been entirely overhyped over the years to the point where people are sick and tired of fedora wearing sudo intellectuals droning on and on about it.

What's a real film with subtlety and depth then?

>t. 16 year old
The average age of the Qbrick drone
>Get some taste you fucking child
Makes it even funnier

This has nothing to do with the movie.
You completely lack objectivity.

Why, so you can call him a pleb, underage or low iq? Because that's all that's gonna happen.

Second movie I've walked out of.

What about shawshank
It's a good film but definitely not one of the best films ever made

Kubrick's not even in my top 25 directors but he's still heaps better than whatever shit you watch going by your critique of 2001. He's definitely better than fucking Linklater.
Anyone using the criticism of "too slow" or "too boring" especially when it comes to a film like 2001 is almost guaranteed to have terrible taste in film. If you can't even grasp entry-level shit like 2001 you should honestly just stick to capeshit.

>thread about overrated films
>hey, why are you giving an example of an overrated film

Agreed. Fury LOAD is absolute garbage worshipped by the worst kind of plebs, those that believe they aren't plebs

I'm a certified patrician and I think Fury Road is a pretty good action flick

>Kubrick's not even in my top 25 directors
Are you sure? You sound exactly like the type of entry level pleb that has him and other safe garbage in your "top 25"

Um it was really great you shitlord and needed to be made in these misogynistic times.

Are we really gonna pretend Fury Road was bad again? What's the problem? Not enough slow and artsy melodrama for the self proclaimed film experts on this board?

>Objectivity
>In enjoying art

Kubrick isn't garbage. He's safe and entry-level but calling him garbage is just being contrarian for the sake of it. My favorite directors are Imamura, Lopushansky, Bresson, Mekas, Fassbinder, Struab-Huillet, Rohmer, Griffith, Menzel, Diaz, Parajanov, Bunuel, Cocteau and Panahi. You can call those "Safe garbage" too but unlike you at least I'm willing to state the directors I admire.

See what I mean?

This is the penultimate example of a film that is "perfect" or "real," and in becoming perfect and real it has rid itself of everything worth experiencing in art. "Realists," or those who believe that quality is gauged by how accurately a film depicts real life, flock to this film because they claim that it was successful in predicting the future. Even if this is true, the purpose of art is not to be a fortune teller. Pseudo-intellectuals flock to this film because its ability to inspire conversation post-experience. Even if this too is true, the purpose of art is not to inspire thought after the fact, but rather to lift the audience from their own confused minds for a time in order to show them something better. Subjectivists flock to this film because it's lack of clear storytelling allows them to condescend to those who are sane enough to listen to their body when it tells them that something is not worth watching. Because there is no clear meaning, subjectivists are able to make the claim that you simply didn't understand, and that they are therefor smarter than you. Ironically, what they themselves are failing to realize is that this very fact implies a failure on the part of the filmmaker to adequately communicate. For these poor delusional people I fear there is little hope of being anything more than mediocre.

The perfect human being is devoid of anything that makes them special or unique, while the most flawed human being is perhaps a sideshow freak. The mind is drawn to the sideshow freak because he is more interesting, while paradoxically repulsed by the perfect person because of his or her extreme lack of interest. In the same way, the clear mind should be repulsed by 2001 because it is simply too prefect, and therefore perfectly boring.

Embarrassing.

Name your top 10 films.

I just wanted Max to be the star of the show. That's all. I was disappointed with this, but ultimately, I didn't pay a single dime, so I'm not terribly remorseful.

>didn't recognize any of the names
It's okay you still have time to improve your taste :)

He is.

Interesting picks. What are your thoughts on Maryas journey with the professor?

This is pure retardation written by some 17 year old film school faggot, and the most pretentious shit I've ever read and this shithole is home to some of the most incredibly elitist losers ever.

>basically Road Warrior on steroids
>overrated

It's rated fairly. If you don't think it was a good film, then you probably just don't like the franchise much.

It would have been better if they didn't pussy out and cast Mel Gibson in it but other than that it's pretty good.

NOT AN ARGUMENT

You never presented one.
>art is this and that but never that other thing
Pure opinionated drivel.

Why?

How about you name yours.

>pseudointellectuals
>the purpose of art is not
>but rather
>smarter than you
haha

the action is breathtaking. it has some kino too. its a great movie.

the reason why you think its overrated is because its unique and people are passionate about it.

stop being an autistic faggot

>This is the most overrated film ever made.
That's Blade Runner 2049

It's not overrated at all, it's rated. It's just about right.

Sure.
1. Le Diable Probablement dir. Bresson
2. The Insect Woman dir. Imamura
3. The Color of Pomegranates dir. Parajanov
4. The Woman in the Dunes dir. Teshigahara
5. Not Reconciled dir. Straub, Huillet
6. Guns of the Trees dir. Mekas
7. Love is Colder than Death dir. Fassbinder
8. Evolution of a Filipino Family dir. Diaz
9. Viridiana dir. Bunuel
10. Claire's Knee dir. Rohmer

How about you?

Isn't it pretty easy to answer this question? See if anyone who dislikes it also dislikes the previous Mad Max movies. It's a direct continuation by the same director, after all. It's pretty much the chase scene from Mad Max 2 stretched over an entire movie. If someone doesn't like that, then there's literally nothing for them in Fury Road.

Now you're just making things up.

Thats not The Matrix

Why didn't you answer have you not actually seen the films and are just aping the top 25 you saw by someone calling BR2049 trash :^)

>can't recognize any of the films so he thinks I'm making things up
No wonder you thought 2001 was too slow.

>nothing interesting happens the movie the feminism
Oh wow le epic car chases followed by nothing and feminist dyke old bags

Mad Max has literally no personality in this film, and Furiosa has no personality beyond 'LE STRONG WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN', quite literally.

The War Boys were so much more fun and charismatic than any of the characters I was supposed to be rooting for.

He's just aping his superior and changing picks based on what his plebeian friends say
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/88326832/#88334680

The reason so many of you hate this film is because a woman is depicted as badass.

Women have been depicted as badass in movies for decades.

Good to see someone else with good taste

>"Let me just list off the most obscure films I've watched to seem smart."

You're either baiting or the most pretentious person I've seen on this board.

Kill yourself.

Max never had a solid personality. He was always kind of a dick except in the first movie and that's probably because of the subtle detail that HE WENT INSANE! Furiosa was never a Mary Sue, Max was able to defeat her unarmed with one hand literally tied behind his back. The only thing that she was significantly better at was sniping, but Max was quickly able to one-up her by singlehandedly blowing up that tank/car on foot.

What's wrong? Intimidated by my superior taste?

>Me smart me like mobie

>Max was able to defeat her unarmed with one hand literally tied behind his back.
Eh? His arm was tied to Nux but he still used it. Furiosa was the one without an arm. And Max wouldn't be able to defeat her if it weren't for Nux who loaded his gun.

Are any of these movies worth watching or is this a meme? I've seen Le Diable Probablement, Love is Colder than Death, Evolution of a Filipino Family, Viridiana and Claire's Knee and I liked all of those, but I don't recognize the others.

Yeah, wtf, don't you enjoy Terminator 2 or something?

Terminator 2 is a great film, it's just not in my favorites.
I'm not baiting, those are legitimately my favorite movies. I don't think that makes me pretentious either, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I thought Mad Max Fury Road was great.

See

thats just untrue and you know it

accurate.

>This is the most overrated film ever made.

He judges movies based on other people's ratings.

Mad Max Quality Rankings (Objective)

1 > 2 >>> 3 > 4

Only retards dont like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fk9yPZX_NM
(2:50)

reminder chris stuckmann said this was the best action film he seen in this decade

I finally saw this after the hype died down, and it was in every way unremarkable. The characters were unmoored, the stakes were indifferent, there was nothing special about the chases, and I still don't care about how any of it turned out. It is as if they took a spaghetti western and replaced Clint with some generic panflash actor, tied him to a tree then had the townsfolk save themselves while wearing bikinis and underwear. High Plains Hookers. The Good The Bad And The Ogled. Pale Rider Grrls.

Meh.

>spaghetti western
It's literally nothing like a spagetti western, and neither are High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider.

I was startind to like the guy
But only like 10 minutes ago I watched his "best movies of 2016" video, looking for some recommendations. He actually put generic Capeshit flick #839194819400213891 in there. I can't take him seriously anymore.

It's definitely not Mad Max 2. I personally found it very boring, even if it started promising and sort of look pretty occasionally.

Oh. I'm devastatingly enraptured by Mad Max: Bikini Road now.

I mean it was till Blade Runner 2049 came in