Asia

Who makes better kino, Japan, Korea or China?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7cyxC1cvq8
youtube.com/watch?v=gXyxi-jnKxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all are shit, asians have no soul nor empathy and can't transmite emotions

all their movies are about pretending to be retarded, ie "muh honour"

Japan>China>>>Korea

not even a weeb btw

I've cried more from watching anime than I have any western movie desu

Why?

that's because you are a literal autist with no empathy like the japs

Korea might as well be hollywood trash

>I am a retard
Well, thanks for sharing that info

Japan, because they have anime

Pretty much all live-action east asian cinema is campy garbage, save for a few exceptions

>"muh honour"
woman detected

South Korea

Anime/manga are excluded, we're talking strictly about films.

Don't know, the whole Vengeance trilogy has everything you mentioned Asians are devoid of.

What are you favorite Asian films/director?

Korean cinema is merely a more daring Hollywood.

Obviously Japan. China is completely incapable of original thought and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Korea, just look at how awful The Wailing was while somehow being praised to the heavens.

nothing wrong with that

there are good anime films though like Ghibli movies, End of Eva, Ghost in The Shell, Akira, etc. Japan doesn't have a ton of great live action films but there are some, like Gojira, Onibaba, Seven Samurai, and others.

>trying to have an objective and unbiased argument about asia with a bunch of weeb nerds
my bad, I'm out

HK/Taiwan>Nippon>>>Korea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mainland china

not saying there is, just describing how it seems to me

>, End of Eva, Ghost in The Shell, Akira,
these are so overrated, ghost is okay, animation in akira is good but thats it

>Akira
>good
Only in terms of the ost and it's visuals, otherwise it's a mess. Also, if we're talking about films, at least mention Kon, Metropolis, Jin Roh, Memories and Yuasa's Mind Game. I know anime has a lot of good shit in it, but I want to discuss films, no their animation.

End of Eva has fantastic animation and music as well as an interesting story and great imagery, it's more than enough to constitute a great animated film.

>t. plebs who never watched an anime before

>Clannad
are you trying to make yourself look retarded or what

Ok yeah I was thinking regular eva series which was so bad I didnt bother to watch the movies

>watching Clannad
>calling others pleb

>fantastic animation
elaborate
>interesting story
elaborate
>great imagery
elaborate with something other than "muh pretty pictures"
>music
elaborate

woah, a cartoon about little girls made by a paedo is surely a deep criticism about human condition and better than italian films from the 60s

Recently it would have to be Korea>China>Japan. Jap films have gone to shit unless you like cartoons.

Japs
China mostly makes dumb propaganda movies, Korea is like a pale imitation of Hollywood

It does have great live action movies

t. I don't watch japanese live action movies

Anime has completely obliterated the japanese industry

Even India makes more thought provoking films than that shitpile of an island

Korea seems to definitely be in the lead nowadays, especially in terms of action films, but Japan has more iconic shit like Osu and Kurosawa, not to mention Gojira and the rest of monster genre. Haven't traversed China much, but from what I can gather it has the best martial arts films.

But I do. That's the problem

Historically Japan is definitely the best.

Reminder this is the same board that shits on capeshit and then watches stuff like old Godzilla movies and probably those shitty japanese superhero shows for kids unironically.

Feng Xiaogang

youtube.com/watch?v=V7cyxC1cvq8

Japan > Hong Kong > Taiwan > power gap > South Korea > power gap > mainland China

I like old Godzilla films because of the fun practical effects and the creative monster designs, also the human plots are always cheesy and entertaining. Capeshit to me is mostly just so dull and uninteresting, I'm not gonna argue that Godzilla movies are somehow intellectually superior except for the really genuinely great ones like Gojira and Shin-Gojira.

>comparing a film from the 50's to capeshit
made me reply/10

korea. weebos can fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=gXyxi-jnKxw

Korean movies are a bit overrated. They all use that bleak Christopher Nolan filter which gives it a blue-grey aesthetic. Half their movies are about serial killers for some reason or are fucked up revenge flicks.

New World is a fucking awesome gangster flick though.

Can anyone compare to Imamura?

Why are there more Sup Forums bait threads than usual?

Japan
>
>
>
Korea
Hong Kong
Chinese Teipei
China

The difference between Japan and the rest is a canyon, despite their much much weaker output since the 80s.

>more

asian films have a certain flavor of melodrama that i find painfully cringe

this

How the fuck is this Sup Forumsbait? Are you retarded?