Be a synthetic person with a shit job

>be a synthetic person with a shit job
>secretly want to be a real human
>live like a real human in private, complete with a holographic waifu
>start to project yourself into a case out of a desire to be the discovered synthetic-human hybrid and to feel your existence is worthwhile/meaningful
>lose your job, your boss/caretaker/pseudo-mom, and your waifu in the process
>some synthetic spic tells you in a sewer that lel you're an idiot it was all for nothing, the real hero is the autistic bitch you met living in a bubble, now go die for us even though we just met
>try to process all this while going on a walk
>realize even your waifu's love for you was made up consumer product bullshit, and that your entire life up until then has been pointless
>go into turbo-rage mode, reject everything, and proceed to kill about 30 people and drown a bitch

Basically a futuristic field-guide on how to become a serial killer, as written by Nietzsche

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/dBDw.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was becoming a real human being by sacrificing himself to save another since as hollywood has let us all know extreme violence causes great things.

He became human by foregoing his "programming", so-to-speak, and doing what he felt was morally right.

>killing 30 people
>not just killing a couple walace goons and the bitch who destroyed his waifu

Yeah he did nothing wrong m8

you cannot "become human"
we are not defined by our actions, we are defined by our biology

tell me, how can i "become" a flamingo?

>tfw to stupid for abstract concepts

>its real if i say it is!

>there's no such thing as ideas because I can't physically see them

I'm just lurking to see all the microcephalic wojaks posted.

A concept doesn't have to be real to exist a concept you absolute retard

>wife is dead
>cooworkers are dead
>turns out you are just a synth
>literally nothing to live for
>decide to drown your wife's murderer
>save some old fuck even though everyone wants him dead just to say thanks to bubble girl for giving you a childhood
Seems like something a bean would do

ooo new one, mind if I save?

It's all yours, friend.

anything that does not exist physically is totally equal and subjective and i can twist it to suit my emotions, fucktard.
my waifu IS real and i am NOT a loser. because losers are just an idea.

>anything that is an idea can't also exist physically
This is genuinely one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on Sup Forums

I'm most grateful.

In return I'm finding myself leaning towards your argument that he became human by defying his programming. Since as a 'replicant' he is (presumably) an otherwise a reasonable approximation of a biological human's intellect and awareness, the main constraint to him being defined as such is the externally mechanically constructed nature of his behaviour.

Not that I don't see merit in the counter-argument, but so far it's failed to present a serious case for an otherwise semantic position.

i love blurring lines and introducing abstractions and subjectivity into everything because i am a piece of cancer

your convictions will be eroded and you will be SHAMED

i will subvert your fucking brain, maggot.

>he became human by defying his programming
you don't know the extent of his programming so you cannot make that claim

anything he did was already built-in

>start to project yourself into a case out of a desire to be the discovered synthetic-human hybrid and to feel your existence is worthwhile/meaningful
>>some synthetic spic tells you in a sewer that lel you're an idiot it was all for nothing, the real hero is the autistic bitch you met living in a bubble, now go die for us even though we just met
This entire wood horse plot was such a big steaming pile of made up Reddit shit, it's not even funny.
It made zero sense for him having ever owned and hidden the wooden horse, which Harrison Ford carved for his autistic NEET daughter and having that memory to begin with.

Reddit has infiltrated this site in 2011 and like to call this piece of flick "kino", but it's pure Redditcore.

This is a compelling riposte. I'll give it thought.

So was he trying to become a a abstract human?

>realize even your waifu's love for you was made up consumer product bullshit, and that your entire life up until then has been pointless

That's not what happened in the bridge scene. He saw this alien imitation of Joi and realized that he's lead a life of love and loss, hope and crushed dreams, he met his father and mother then lost them. He believed he had a soul and he got a soul

He didn't decide to go on a serial killer spree, he wanted to correct his mistake (he got deckard captured), reject all these forces bigger than him and reuinite deckard with his daughter

This is akin to arguing that human emotions are simply electrical impulses in the brain. It's a moot point.

>imagine being this fucking dense and thinking your hot shit

>we are not defined by our actions, we are defined by our biology
t. womyn

found the redditor

Yes, insofar as having a soul is what makes one truly human.

apply yourself, Redditor

He had a better life than his "real" counterpart tho.

She'll never feel snowflakes on her tongue, or whatever

He didn't hide or own the wooden horse you fucking brainlet. That was Deckards daughter

and you can acquire a soul by acting like a person?

See that's what I thought too, but maybe I'm overthinking it. The "he realized she wasn't actually real" thing seems a little too on the nose.

You're literally too stupid to argue with

did my post upset you personally and provoked a kneejerk reaction, Tumbredditor?

we don't fully understand a human's brain the way we would understand a replicants brain

a replicants inner machinations can 100% comprehensively be written down on paper but we yet cannot do the same for ourselves because our programming came about naturally, not explicitly designed by guys in lab coats

Can male replicants knock up human women?

>No Fun allowed posting this hard

I think both interpretations are valid desu

But a replicant is essentially a human whose inner machinations have been designed explicitly by guys in lab coats.

Your simply too esoteric in your idea of a human your taking in circles.

You should of just said yes when I was asked if you ment it abstractly because he simply can't be literally human

Ford's autistic permavirgin womanchild daughter never owned shit, you chucklefuck mouthbreather. She has been living in a glass bubble since she was 8 with no personal belongings whatsoever.
Please remove yourself from the gene pool, you braindamaged simpleton.

If the replicant mind was fitted with the same learning and malleability found in a human mind, wouldn't it's behavior change and become 'natural', at least to an extent?

>in your idea of a human
It's not my idea of a human. We're talking about the movie here.

webm.land/media/dBDw.webm

Except you know the part about being genetically modified to be super humanly stronger have super human mental percisionand have a pre determines life span

Apparently all you have to do is slap some pink feathers on and call yourself a flamingo and you're magically a flamingo we live in a post biology world now you fucking shitlord! Respect my pronouns!!?!

Yea and by the movies definition it's not assumed you can have a soul by acting like you do. In fact it reinforces that he does not have one.

he didn't kill 30 people, more like 5. Luv killed like 100 people with her missiles

Hahahhaaha oh shit thats hilarious

>he became human by defying his programming
you don't even know your own programming, the only shit you ape is capable of comprehending is some abstract shit like god

As we saw with Rachel that can be the case, the argument about Humans and Replicants is less and clean cut one since on many levels they are similar, it's more an intentionally blurry one where a human, or someone who believes they are anyway, will always have or want to have the leg up of
>But are you REALLY human, like me?
It's obviously meant to reflect a number of divisions humanity subjects itself and others to and how uncertain those classifications really are rather than an objective biological or psychological thing.

lol

Is he with Joi in synthetic heaven?

We're talking within the context of the film maker's intentions; rather than a broader epistemological discussion.

This analogy doesn't quite work in your favor since Replicants are biologically Human.
When examining Rachel's bones they only came to the conclusion she wasn't human through zoom and enhance finding a convenient number carved in them.

Which is a questionable means of identification given if there's technology advanced enough to even do that and remain undisturbed from the usual biological process of replication and replacement, then any human could mark themselves. But it's a movie and they have to get the plot snowballing somehow, so it's excusable.

Ok, so a replicant is essentially a human whose genes have been modified and whose inner machinations have been designed explicitly by guys in lab coats. How can you say a replicant brain is not essentially the same as a human one when we're shown constantly that the replicants are "more human than humans". The entire fucking point of these movies is to make the audience wonder if there really is any difference. The baseline test exists to keep replicants on track. If one is seen to be deviating from their programming, they're killed. If this isn't obvious proof of human-level complexity and self-awareness, I don't know what is.

>be a synthetic person with a shit job
>secretly want to be a real human
>live like a real human in private, complete with a holographic waifu
>lose your job, your boss/caretaker/pseudo-mom, and your waifu in the process
>some synthetic spic tells you in a sewer that lel you're an idiot it was all for nothing, the real hero is the autistic bitch you met living in a bubble, now go die for us even though we just met
>try to process all this while going on a walk
>go into turbo-rage mode, reject everything, and proceed to kill about 30 people and drown a bitch
REAL HUMAN BEEEAAAAN

they now dream of electric sheep

>a replicants inner machinations can 100% comprehensively be written down on paper
If this were the case, the baseline test wouldn't be necessary.

>Yea and by the movies definition it's not assumed you can have a soul by acting like you do
The movie never defines what a soul is, or if it even exists.
>In fact it reinforces that he does not have one.
No it doesn't.

Stand on one leg and crook your arms at your sides like wings. If you stand like that for 30 minutes I guarantee someone will come up to you and say "what are you, a flamingo?" Being a flamingo is not just about feathers and a beak. You could also be a flamingo by wearing bright colors and being boisterous. Being a human is not just about our insides and our DNA. It's about being compassionate for others and deciding your own destiny which is what K did.

why is her arm so fat?

>Yes

Its important that the giant Joi asks him "are you a good joe". He's trying to decide what to do and his own personal "blue fairy" reminds him that doing what is right is a personal choice. Making the choice do do what he believes is right is the most human thing he could do.

It is literally in the dialog that he does not have a soul...

>inner machinations can 100% comprehensively be written down on paper
>inner machinations have been designed explicitly
But that's literally false. You have an absolute misunderstanding of both the idea of replicants in this franchise, and the process of manufacturing intelligence in reality. Your claims are already untrue even with primitive 2017 AI.
The complexity of machine learning is fucking vast. Programmers fit it with a basic set of instructions, then it begins to iterate millions of times over, feeding on outside information. Real AI is not taught what to do; it's given vast amounts of data and the ability to teach itself. What happens then is out of the creator's hands. Remember that machine that beat some Go champion recently? Read about how it was programmed. Now consider the added complication when we move beyond a simple black and white grid board game, and manufacture a mind that has to operate a human body with human hormones and DNA, receiving extraordinary quantities of new sensory input over periods of years and years. Why would the baseline test work as it does in the movie, if they could just open up K's head and see his motivations?

>Ok, so a replicant is essentially a human whose genes have been modified
No, a replicant is a sheep that has been modified to look and act like a human.

am i really supposed to respond to this in a sincere manner
no, you aren't a fucking flamingo if you wear bright colors and act boisterous

>a character said he doesn't have a soul so it must be true
Are you genuinely, unironically this retarded? How does the point of a film go so far over someone's head?

Why does luv cry?

So what because they dont have reproductive organs they shouldnt count as people? There was a star trek episode about this.

She hid the horse in the orphanage before she got out in the bubble you shitspewing fucktard

No it isn't

>no, you aren't a fucking flamingo
triggered

>Why would the baseline test work as it does in the movie, if they could just open up K's head and see his motivations?
maybe because it's a hell of a lot more convenient than having to open K up and do a thorough investigation of his machinery every time he returns from a job
it's just a plot element that doesn't hold up to scrutiny

>it's just a plot element that doesn't hold up to scrutiny
The entire point of the baseline test is that it's preventative measure to stop replicants from developing agency. As soon as they do, they're hunted down and retired. To say a replicants machinations can be 100% comprehensively written down on paper is patently false. The entire point of the movie is to raise the question of agency and sentience in AI and replicants.

What I'm saying is there are characteristics that things and animals and people have that are not physical that can be imitated.

>To say a replicants machinations can be 100% comprehensively written down on paper is patently false.
i misspoke and used the wrong word, my point in that post was comparing humans to replicants by saying one obtained its programming and nature over time naturally, that we still don't fully understand and aren't able to comprehensively map it out, whereas replicants have literal 1:1 copies designed in a lab same as a factory producing smartphones and their creators can display the entire ingredients on a (lengthy) spreadsheet

Did you see his reaction when advertisement JOI called him Joe. He realized at that moment that all his interactions with his JOI were pre-programmed and not real/genuine. Realizing that JOI was just consumer bullshit and he wasn't special at all, he decided to follow the only thing he knew was real, the feelings he had when he thought he was a real human bean, and reunite Ford with his daughter, becoming a real human bean in the process.

>whereas replicants have literal 1:1 copies designed in a lab same as a factory producing smartphones and their creators can display the entire ingredients on a (lengthy) spreadsheet
It's never really explained explicitly how they're made though. I doubt they're simply "put together" like a robot though. There's clearly some kind of incubation in which genes are modified to the creators liking and tendencies/function are "programmed" into the brain. Sort of like how we can clone a sheep but taken to the level of designing and specifying traits explicitly; Yes, we can create a genetically identical specimen from an already existing one, but that doesn't mean we could create one from scratch. I think replicants are much the same.

Or he was questioning his own agency, since like Joi, he was essentially manufactured. He asking himself whether everything Joi did was genuine,or if it was all completely pre-programmed, and at what point does the line blur between artificial intelligence and genuine sentience. If Joi wasn't truly sentient despite how completely convincing and genuine her emotions seemed, does that mean K isn't truly sentient either?

I don't think the point was to explicitly state that Joi was not genuine. I think the point is to place the question in our minds and make us wonder about it.

>i've never had a gf. why don't you say that 3 times
>i've never had a gf i've never had a gf i've never had a gf
>Feels within feels interlinked
>interlinked

The most human thing to do is die for the right cause

Oh shit

No

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you saw another movie

False,

the most human thing to do is to kill for the right cause

>being this dumb

Jesus Christ, user.
'Human' has more meanings than the biological one.

yes, that is exactly what you would want to say to somebody who wishes to be "human"
the one eyed lady was propagandizing him when she said that

>the one eyed lady was propagandizing him when she said that
Yes, she was saying it to compel him into following their orders, but that doesn't mean there wasn't truth in the statement.

I don't think it all was pre-programmed though.
Walles said at the beginning of the movie: the most important instinct of intelligence is self-preservation. But Joi effectively denies that when she asked K to destroy antennas and make her vulnerable. It certainly wasn't all a lie.

no it doesn't you little moron you are either born a human being or you will never be one

where did you get this in high res, OP?
fuck i need more high res stills

That's the key to the movie, I think. The whole movie K is following orders, and being commanded and tricked into following orders. Even the one-eyed lady wanted him to follow her orders. But in the end, K does what HE wants to do, which is not kill Deckhard, and reunite him with his daughter instead. He becomes human through his self-determination, through choosing his own actions. Him saving Deckhard and leaving him alive was the most important thing.

calm down Sup Forums

>still too retarded for abstract concepts
You realise "Human" in this context is not referring to biology, right?

delet this

this song gives me so many feels
poor k
F