/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Izakaya Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxX5ZORy95w
barrons.com/articles/viacoms-disaster-of-a-movie-1484340255
hollywoodreporter.com/features/michael-wolff-shari-redstone-yes-she-does-have-a-plan-viacom-963240
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=QxX5ZORy95w

decantering from such a height

Welcome to /CTG/!

hello!
have some kiddos that i drew in the week (part 1)

So cute, welcome Lune

and more kiddos. nick and disney, at last! (part 2)

welcome you too!
and thanks!

a last thing, i redesigned two -tans of mine. (and in the meanwhile i decided to keep only the two in the project, it's better!)

the absolute madtan!

Someone should stop her

Paramount Channel look pretty cool with that coat

thanks! i pretty much like it, desu. it's stylish.

TCM design is my favorite to be honest, it is a classic style very suitable for the channel

I wonder what an Investigation Discovery-tan would be like.

eheh, i love her too. finally she looks pretty suitable (the old design was a bif iffy)

This is what happens when she does not get enough lunchables!

Oh man, your style is adorable, I love how they look.

thank you!
now that i think, i should draw a toonami-tan.

>Paramount Channel

I love his design but I think the stars in her neck should be something more formal, you know "top class".

(her, it's a woman!)
desu, i didn't know where to put the stars, and i was like "okay, let's got for a necklace!"
but i see your point,

Sounds good! If it's not too much trouble maybe Toonami-chan too?

the box one or the tom fangirl one?

Sorry I got confused in the first paragraph but I know it's a girl. Maybe something like buttons? or just a tiny logo.

this one. Toonami-chan is the cutest kouhai.

hm... i could look into, as it's an easy edit. buttons do work!

and it's okay!

i have to agree, this toonami is the best of the two.
consider it done.

okay, edit done? you said a thing like this?

I guess they would look like a detective, but considering that most of the programs on their channel are lies or stories, I do not think he or she is legit.

Great, that's just what I imagined, now she looks amazing.

oh, great!

i like both desing ideas, btw. a bit more the buttons one. so, you got a nice point!

Oi you're really fast, I like your other design but I have to admit that it looks much better now

I wanna cuddle with TCM and watch Singin' in the Rain

yep, i'm fast in those things. and thanks!

i hope you got for her some rare old movie or show. but she would happily accept that offer.

that's it. we got a paramount channel-tan and very quick too. well done lune.

let's make the viacom family bigger! also, i saw in the booru a paramount pictures-tan, he needed company with the tv channel.

ID is the type of dude who believes that the moon landing never happened and that JFK was a Russian spy.

ah, i forgot, thanks!

Paramount is the boss and Paramount Channel his assistant, in charge of taking care of his channel and keeping his movies in order

>Investigation Discovery
>AKA, The Murder Channel
He'd be a creepy guy that breaks into police locker rooms to look over their cases and has every murder mystery book known to man.

i do like this idea. i def like it.

Sound like my kind of guy

I have the idea that Paramount is the kind of boss who just leaves all the hard work to others, that's why Paramount Channel always has the same movies every week, she's too busy doing her boss's job to have time to prepare her schedule.

>All this talk of Paramount
>Meanwhile, Viacom had to write off 112 million dollars due to Parry's incompetence and pisspoor movie making skills.
>Money that could have gone to his channels or debt

barrons.com/articles/viacoms-disaster-of-a-movie-1484340255

I'm honestly surprised that Vi hasn't murdered Parry in his sleep just yet. You know he's been thinking about it.

They are still celebrating the success of Arrival

>breaks into police locker rooms

Wait what... is that legal?

> checks the italian version of paramount channel for see the schedule

well, that's not that inaccurate. we just have extra tv series in it, because being a movie only channel is difficult with a boss like him.

that vi is fabulous.

I forget that movie was a hit, damn

good morning everybody

Now I feel sorry for her, she's too cute for this but I can imagine Paramount doing something like that

Arrival, Office Christmas Party and Fences has been good for Paramount/Viacom, but I think that new movie( as well as that Ben-Hur remake) has really made Vi question why they should work together in the first place.

You have to remember, Viacom literally tried to sell 49% of Paramount early last year, but Redstone got mad and fired his boss, amongst other things.

P.S., meet Vi's new boss and look at how swanky Vi's office is.

Goodmorning AM!

The second coming is here, bless your soul dude

awww they are so cute, i love it!

Thanks for the spoiler I almost got a heart attack

My body isn't ready for the feels :u

now they fusion Cn tan and Disney tan

Disney is comforting CN after all the drama for those leaked episodes

Wow, that's freaking cool my dude

Oh no, she's hot!

Redstone's do that. In a few years I'm expecting her to go mad with power and take control of the company like her father did, much to Vi's horror.

But, right now, she seems to actively care for it and is trying to get it back on it's feet.

hollywoodreporter.com/features/michael-wolff-shari-redstone-yes-she-does-have-a-plan-viacom-963240

I love that design but I wonder if Disney's love for CN's booty will stop since it's their own butt.

>Nick climbs onto towers and snipes people with slime like a world-class military sniper.

She goes Full Operator on every one of her "enemies". She makes her dad proud.

THE ELDRITCH NICK IS HERE AND SHE WANTS SLIME

The trinity is complete.

Well I was not expecting that, but it looks great.

Please tell me that we will see more of her, I really love that design, it is cool and elegant at the same time

we'll see. maybe something with big boss paramount? pretty sure that vi doesn't care that much about her.

aaaand thanks!

I need a comparison between the old office and the new one, by the way, is she really the new boss?

Paramount walking in front of her while Paramount Channel walks behind him carrying a bunch of rolls of film and papers

Morning Mr Art Madness, you got a lot of stuff done this week, that's quite impresive

seems a good idea, but not sure if i can draw it. i can try. after all, all can be a style exercise.

She has been corrupted by the Forbidden One

well thank Hope I can draw all the channels by the end

Now the million dollar question, what's her name?

All them? Man you are my new idol! Keep it up, I love your style!

by the end of the day ya'll can figure it out lol XD

Distoon Channel

CD, in honor of CN's name

>is she really the new boss?
She's the Vice-Chairman/Controlling Shareholder of both Viacom and CBS, and due to Sumner's failing health has taken control of her fathers media empire last year after removing the old CEO in a coup. The new CEO of Viacom is Robert Bakish, who used to head Viacom International, which has grown over the years and is doing much better than the domestic counterpart.

Sumner, himself, is retiring his voting control of Viacom this year, so Shari is now Vi's new owner.

Fuck, it complicated, but really interesting. This shit feels like Game of Thrones so damn much.

The funny thing is, Shari and her father didn't get along very well until last year and they were estranged from each other for quite a while.

>Hope I can draw all the channels

Bless your soul

I trust you, it dones't need to be perfect but put your love and passion on it, you can do it

Honestly she looks friendlier than her dad

then, challenge accepted!
paramount-tan was in the "things that one day i wanted to draw", so, i got an occasion for do that.

not sure you should throw some suggestions

That sounds interesting but we all know that at the end of the day when the mortal bodies abandon them, there will only be one winner.

That's the spirit! Good luck!

Carney, okay that is a terrible name

I like the design of that slime pistol reminds me of Splaoon and Splatoon reminds me of Nickelodeon.

Soon...

Hey, there. I'll be late with my latest art, I'm going to cinema with my friend to watch "Sing", so I will be back at the thread after that.

You did an fantastic job, AM! Keep going.

>AM doing feels art

this is going to be a good day

Have fun, Perla!

Sumner used to be an alright person when it came to managing Viacom, but over the years he got more obsessed with the company and his control of it. He fired good CEO's and promoted Philippe Dauman(The guy that was instrumental for Redstone to acquire Viacom in the late 80's) as the company's CEO.

Phillippe in turn, hampered Viacom's creative content, hired poor leaders that nuked deals with cable distributers(Like DirecTV, SuddenLink and others) and kept raising his own paycheck by several millions every year while Viacom's stock prices went further and further down.

The best thing to ever happen to Viacom was Sumner Redstone, however, the worst thing to happen to Viacom is again Sumner Redstone.

Shari is at least hiring smart people and being a leader that listens, for now.

The throne was snatched from its original owner, it's amazing how a small movie studio became her biggest rival.

See ya later Perla

okay, i did it. not many times i draw profiles, and it can bee seen. D:

Your designs are very cute. TCM looks sweet and adorable, reminds me a little of Mary Poppins, and Paramount Channel has a very interesting outfit.

Hey don't worry lune you did a good job with that pose