What is the appeal of this brat?

What is the appeal of this brat?

Despicable on his own.
Lovable when together with Jon.

Grant Morrison always intended to kill him. So the appeal is experiencing a cathartic satisfaction in his inevitable death.

And then the nightmare that was his inevitable rebirth as other writers wanted to use the "Son of Batman".

All this faggot tumblr "art" is seriously cancer.

If I wanted an edgelord, I'd go with Jason
If I wanted fighting skill I'd go with Dick
If I wanted a younger kid I'd go with Tim
If I wanted some son of Batman, I'd go with Terry.

Damian literally has no reason to exist.

I've always thought of Damian as Jason 2.0. Where Bats failed in Jason he's succeeded in Damian by turning all that anger and raw potential into a force for good. Plus Batcow is the shit.

not tumblr.
pixiv

Wish he stayed dead. I seriously cannot read anything with him in it. He pisses me off that much.

>If I wanted an edgelord, I'd go with Jason
No, Jason was a Bats' failure because he came into his life at the wrong time. These newest arcs with him and the "Dark Trinity" are basically him coming to terms that Batman doesn't want him to become like him just to find his own way.

>If I wanted fighting skill I'd go with Dick
Really? When you see Nightwing all you think about is his fighting skill? Sad.

>If I wanted a younger kid I'd go with Tim
Again. Sad that you're comprehension is so shallow.

>If I wanted some son of Batman, I'd go with Terry.
Yea a "pseudo maybe/maybe" Canon that may or may not exist cartoon from Bruce Timm's angsty fanfiction notebook. Okay bro.

Damian is the heir homeboy and he's had more of a character arc since his release than all Robins combined in their 40+ years of existence.

Can someone explain to me all the Damien hate? Personally I enjoy his brooding wannabe Batman personality, it's especially funny when people don't take him seriously because of his age.

You mean the same character arc every time that gets reset every time?

Damian is the worst combination of all the robins.

Found the Damianfag.

>pixiv

I might be in the minority but I like Damian, looking forward to Supersons so I get more of him

He's an edgelord combined with all the bad mary stu qualities of Batman.

How so? He doesn't try to kill anymore and from what I've seen he's actually open to ask for help from other people instead of trying to solo everything.

Fuck you too.

So then inversely you hate Batman? Why hate on a series you obviously hate?

I'm with you brother.

Batman can get away with winning because it's usually done well and dramatically enough that you can sort of believe it. When damian does it, it's like watching western sasuke outmaneuver everyone with easy.

How would batman raise someone as arrogant,stoic and self reliant to a fault like himself?And then later how would Dick raise a mini Bruce.It was a fun play on the batman/robin dynamic but ended tragically when damien becoming normal.Then tomasi revived him and every arc has been about mini batman becoming more human but it does get stale since no writer outside of Tomasi wants to explore what regular kid damien would be like past his development.Im hopeful super sons we see less{IM TRYING TO BE NICE PEASANT TT} and more damien as a regular kid.Still i enjoy his attitude and his occasional interaction with bruce/Dick.He adds some nice flavor to the batfam its only unfortunate writers seem to keep writing him on loop to varied success.Hes still my favorite robin though i can see why people who preferred the status quo before him dislike him

Id hardly claim damien wins easily,he was a word in B&R and he's had way moore defeats and beatings than wins{Nobody,Talon,Jason,Tim,Deathstroke,his clones,Jon}

>Pointing out any faults with a character means you invariably hate everything associated with them.

Look up "constructive criticism" and get back to me.

Granted I fucked up there, but he's Batmans true born son, raised by elite assassins to take over the world. Of course he's gonna be dark and "gritty" shit even Batman was scared of his potential at times. Doesn't warrant relegating him to only the bad parts of his characters, if anything when you read his stories most of his arrogance and broody demeanor is just compensation to live up to the legend that is his father. I like him cuz he tries too hard and his interaction with the pro's imo are hilarious when you look at it from the perspective that this mini Batman doesn't hold them with the same awe as other protege's which throws them off. Also it's not constructive criticism when most of the Damien haters just focus on his bad points.

Gotham High is imo a missed opportunity, they should've added him as a regular and focused on his daily life trying to fit in into a place where no one takes his tough talk serious and how he navigates his dual identities.

Fair enough.

It's just a shame that the other three Robins didn't get the same character attention it seems.

>It's just a shame that the other three Robins didn't get the same character attention it seems
Are you kidding? Not even Damian got the same attention as Tim when he was Robin.

I find his over the top intensity absolutely hilarious.
I'd never like him irl, but as a character he's brilliant and creates wonderful conflit with all the persons he interacts, and that makes him and them interesting. Nice people being nice all the time gets boring quickly in fiction.

>If I wanted a younger kid I'd go with Tim
You mean blad Mary Sue you can self insert in?

Nah I was exaggerating when I said the other characters didn't get as much as Damien in terms of character development, the bulk of their character arcs happen AFTER they were Robin though because for the longest time their series were episodic. But when it comes to cohesive character growth and arcs they're all pretty much the same with, imo, Damien being the 2nd most after Timm.

MY favorite was when he was together with Spoiler and she got teen pregnant and when he was looking for Bats in his own serial.

That was probably my favorite interaction between them in that arc, kudos. The look on Damien face when he got sucker punched was priceless.

this guy again did anyone else here think, "that's exactly how Bruce and Clark's interaction would be if they met as preteens".

>"that's exactly how Earth-0 Bruce and Clark's interaction would be if they met as preteens"
fixed

I like Damian's dynamic with Dick which is both sibling and sort of parental. Which reminds me that Damian and Tim have a lot of interactions,so do Dick and Tim and Jason and Tim. But Jason and Dick have hardly any interactions or definable relationship. Kinda hoping for an arc that explores that now that Tim is gone.

Muh Morrison for comic readers.

Then DC shills him and the casuals cluelessly go with the flow.

Jason and Dick ignore each other. They are apathetic Tim and Damian.

Casuals that have never read Batman or only Morrison's Batman claim that he is just like Batman but a kid.

That shows you how much they know.

Also thanks to Damifag we all see the kind of people that like Damian

Bounces off well with other bat senpai members.

Those are some terrible fucking responses user holy shit what is wrong with you

>If I wanted fighting skill I'd go with Dick
Nigger what? You go for Dick when you want male fanservice and relatively lighthearted banter.

>If I wanted some son of Batman, I'd go with Terry.

You're cancer. The whole sperm debacle was one of the worst ideas that came out of Justice League Unlimited. It shat on Terry by making it some kind of preordained destiny that he would become Batman.

this, you go for Dick when you want mindless pandering and shitting on Batman

He's right!!!

Actually, Jason IGNORE Dick.

Dick sees him as brother and even called him to the family meeting couple of times.

Yeah, Dick isn't apathetic to Jason and does really care about him.

Do better? I feel my explanations are fairly accurate.

Jason resents Dick because he knows he can never be like him, which is what he really wants even if he doesn't know it. There is a reason why Jason always brings it up deep down he wants to be like him because that's what he thinks Bruce wanted from him. Bruce. Whether Batman knows it he brought Jason up to replace Dick so instead of nurturing his strengths(cunning, ferocity, relentlessness and physical ability) he tried to fit him into a mold that just wasn't him which is why he screwed up. Dick sees him as a wayward brother which is why he always tries to reach out, which Jason ignores for the most part. Jason is complex he both pushes the Batfamily yet is always there to help out. I don't know why Jason and Timm get along so well and even with Damien he gets along there definitely should be more interaction with Dick though, maybe the Dark Trinity can swing by Bludhaven.

He's a cock arrogant little shit who is abrasive as hell, but then you realise that's mostly a front.

Because he's so cocky and arrogant, when you see that break and the less prickish Damien underneath shines through it makes it all worth it.

It also makes it satisfying as hell to see him have his arse handed to him every now and then as well.

See one of the complaints about Batman, particularly the modern Batman is that he's this nigh infaliable being. He can do stuff basically because "he's Batman". He can solve most problems because "Batman". But its not as satisfying when he fails because he isn't really obnoxious about it. With Damien we get that ubermensh, but with a greater sense of satisfaction at seeing him fall.

He's also an inverse of the typical happy go lucky Robin.

So Dick Grayson can kick ass and take names because he was raised from birth by acrobats to be an acrobat and that's fine, Jason is just some hood who jacked the Batmobiles tires but he can learn to be super acrobatic and kick ass, Tim Drake etc. but when Damien is raised from birth to be an assassin, somehow that's less believable?

Jason resents Dick because of Bruce, not because he wants to be like him. Also, Dick was never present in his life when he was Robin like he was with Tim and Damian which is why he doesn't have any attachment to him.

I actually feel that Jason and Dick's relationship has a lot of potential if it's done right.

So much this. They dropped the fucking ball when he lasted only one issue.

Tim was supposed to be the relatively normalfag Robin who had his own family life until DC made him yet another orphan. Identity Crisis started a lot of shit.

Also the smartest and the heir to the Detective title.

Now? Who the fuck knows.

>Jason is just some hood who jacked the Batmobiles tires but he can learn to be super acrobatic and kick ass
He lived in the streets, user. For him to be able to survive that long before Bruce find him means that he has some skills.

Surviving on the streets is one thing. It doesn't make you a lithe acrobat capable of finesse fighting.

Or it does because comic books, but its a hell of a lot less believable that Jason could go from street hood to Robin in a relatively short space of time than Dick being raised from Birth to be an acrobat and Damien being raised from birth to be not just an assassin, but heir to the leader of the worlds greatest assassins

>Jason resents Dick because of Bruce, not because he wants to be like him.
I feel he has a complex about it because he always brings it up, but I'll agree to disagree.

>I actually feel that Jason and Dick's relationship has a lot of potential if it's done right.

Oh hell yea, I agree what I truly want is them having a go and Jason coming out on top but not caring in the end and they begrudgingly earn their respect.

He trained him for six months before he he made him Robin and Jason was just naturally talented and fast learner. It's not hard to believe.

They all have their strength and weaknesses.
>Dick
Jack of all trades with a more acrobatic style of fighting and laissez faire attitude to detective work. He does the vigilante thing because he wants to do the right thing.
>Jason
Resourceful independent and more brutal style of fighting, not much of a detective but his cunning and knowledge of "the streets" makes him formidable. Is a hero because of his bad upbringing.
>Timm
Genius super tech hacker detective. Don't know why he does the hero thing honestly I guess it's because he's good at it.
>Damian
Basically Batman incarnate wants to do it because he's the heir to the mantle.

It's less believable than Dick or Damien.

It also implies there isn't much special or impressive about any of the Robins because you can pick it up within 6 months provided you do intensive training and you're a quick study.

Bruce is a quick study and he spent fucking years learning that shit. I'm not saying Jason is Bruce tier, but it sort of implies that he'd be far and away a better Batman than Bruce if he'd spent the same amount of time doing the training.

>I feel he has a complex about it because he always brings it up
He only bring it up to Bruce and it's not really "always".

But yeah, let's agree to disagree.

>Oh hell yea, I agree what I truly want is them having a go and Jason coming out on top but not caring in the end and they begrudgingly earn their respect
I think Jason deep down does respect Dick, but just doesn't care to seek his presence.

And yeah, it would be nice to see that.

Bruce was a normal kid though, Dick was a born acrobat trained since birth to be nothing short of an Olympic tier gymnast. Jason was a born athlete growing up in a hostile environment with nothing but his wit and guile. Timm is a one of a kind genius who can do literally anything if he wants to. Damien is a genetically enhanced kid who from birth was trained in an unforgiving world of assassins. All of them had potential from the get go they weren't normal soft little kids growing up playing video games, not anyone can be a world champion no matter what mommy and daddy sais. Just because you want to be an olympian doesn't mean shit you need the will, environment and genetics. Every Robin has something they were good at so he raised them accordingly, Jason of course was the exception because Batman tried to make Jason into another Dick but that just goes to show the immense potential he had to.

character development and not being either Tim or Jason

>Bruce was a normal kid
>Timm is a one of a kind genius who can do literally anything
This is why I dislike Tim Drake.

To be fair Gotham Academy dropped the ball with a lot of things, it's not even good now anymore.

I have a mixed feelings about this character. Sometimes I like him, and sometimes I wish that he didn't exist.

I feel that he's a character for one time story and it would be better if it was in alternative universe.

He's actually grown on me a lot. It's fun watching him gradually grow out of being such an insipid little shit.

Jason on the other hand should have stayed dead.

>What's the appeal
having fun when you see him getting BTFO

>It's fun watching him gradually grow out of being such an insipid little shit
You enjoy watching him doing that in every story of his?

>Jason on the other hand should have stayed dead
What does this even have to do with the topic?

>Bruce was a normal kid though
Was he ever some strip before that day his parents got shot with him?
He might as well be a prodigy.

>What does this even have to do with the topic?
Are you new here, user? Because every time someone say x robin sucks, another respond "J-Jason sucks too!" Like a clockwork. So, don't be suprised by this.

>Was he ever some strip before that day his parents got shot with him?
Rephrase I have no idea what your meant.
>He might as well be a prodigy.
He was never a prodigy, he willed himself to learn everything as efficiently as possible. Look up Batman's training regimen and other things on youtube. He had insane levels discipline and forced autism to do some of the shit he was able to. Other than money he was a normal kid when his parents got shot.

Meant
>Was there ever ever a strip...

It is frustrating how some writers forget his development, but if you look at it as someone gradually getting over their issues, it kind of works.

Sorry about the Jason thing, I just think he's worse.

I like seeing him interact with other characters. Oddly I don't really like him with Batman, having two broody guys ruins the dynamic of the dynamic duo imo.

>I just think he's worse
Dude, you literally just proved that guy's point .

He had a lot of character development and also excellent crime-fighting duo chemistry with Dick.

Tsundere~

But Jason has also almost called Dick his brother and implied he saw him as such on Eternal and robin war. It must just be a confusing writing think cause Dick is way less brotherly towards Jason compared to Damian and Tim.

There is no appeal. He's DC's Miles- a character everyone hates and wants gone but editorial keeps shoving in our faces.

Why is it that writers always refuse to touch anything Morrison does unless it's to ruin it? Damian was dead. His story was resolved. Leave him be.

This. His entire story was building towards his death. Now that he's back he's worthless.

>Damian is the heir homeboy and he's had more of a character arc since his release than all Robins combined in their 40+ years of existence.

He's had one arc repeated in every book he's in: spoiled dickhead has to learn to lighten up.

He also killed Teen Titans and DC Animation.

>Personally I enjoy his brooding wannabe Batman personality, it's especially funny when people don't take him seriously because of his age.

It would be funny if he failed or it was treated as a joke. Instead he's a super ninja trained by assassins that kills people and can beat up anyone, especially over Robins. For fucks sake Damian is like 11 and he kidnapped the Joker and beat him up with a crowbar.

Add to that his Fanfiction 101 background and massive hype campaign and you have the worst Bat Character this side of Harper Row and Duke.

He never implied that he sees Dick as brother in Eternal or RW. He just once mockingly called him big brother in BRE.

>But Jason has also almost called Dick his brother
I know about this and it was in Grayson issue 12 or something, but I don't consider it because Jason was OOC in it. I mean, Jason didn't even care about Dick being "dead" or even acknowledge it in his book.

You realize Morrison left like three different ways to bring Damian back in the very same story where he killed him off, right? He knew Damian wouldn't stay dead.

Did anyone really acknowledge his death though? I know there was that pencilled Nightwing issue, but outside of that, I can't recall any instances of his death being mentioned, really.

It was his actions that implied it. It's the way it's going to go to with King on the main Batman book and writing them both for the next arc. Also cmon no one cared that Dick was dead thanks to DC being morons. They've only done a slightly better job with Tim.How was Jason acting ooc?

Nah no one cared about Dicks death outside of those unpublished pages. Jason does go to his funeral in that though and seems to act like an ass.

It makes no sense for him to see Tim but not Dick or Damian as a brother. It's so strange how hard DC pushed those two together.

Teen titans has been garbage since Perez left and it's stupid to blame a character for a bad adaptation.Orm is a good character yet throne of atlantis sucked,likewise nightwing is cool but sucks in the new DCAU.Remove Damien and the writers would just wank of Bruce,Batwoman,Batgirl etc

He doesn't even see Tim as brother.

He cares about the robins (Tim is the closest to him) and he sees them as family, but he doesn't consider any of them as his brother.

Tim pls

He's basically a kid Batman, but prone to go further. Even the Joker can tell.

He appeals to my dick.

This is the sort of thing I like about Damian. For all intents and purposes, he's one of the most capable assassins in the world by the time he's 10, but he's still a 10 year old who talks to his dogs for self-assurance.

It ant that a contradiction? How can he see them as family but not brothers? He clearly sees Bruce as a father figure. Honestly robin may as well just be another word for brother.

Jason lost a lot of his CRAWLING vibes though. He was chill as fuck in Outlaws

Not necessarily. They are his family in a sense that he's bound to them, but they aren't his brothers.

And his relationship with Bruce is different and much deeper and he definitely cares more about him than the robins.