ITT: issues that made you drop a book (at least temporarily)

ITT: issues that made you drop a book (at least temporarily)

Pic related

>Batman #17
What made me so sad was how GOOD #13 to #16 had been. #17 should have been a mind melter, but it was just an elephant giving birth to a mouse... I was really crushed at how little Snyder's plot amounted to then.

To me though, it was pic related.
I heard so many good things about I, Vampire, but by issue #6, I couldn't go any farther. It just sounded so rehashed and boring...

Also, Rotworld made me drop Snyder's Swamp Thing by the end of it. Such an awful storyline.

Oops, forgot pic.

>Also, Rotworld made me drop Snyder's Swamp Thing by the end of it. Such an awful storyline.
Well, it was the end of his run too. Have you checked Soule's run? It's much better than Snyder's, probably the best Soule has ever done so far.

I still haven't read the middle of Snyder's Batman run because this arc pissed me off that much.
Dropped it in DotF, got back in towards the end of Endgame. No regrets.

The amazing spider man issue where silk and Spidey had a feral need to grope each other while black cat acted like a Saturday morning cartoon villian.Thats when I realized that Slotts spider man just felt like fanfiction with OOC supporting cast,fan service,self inserts an waifs inserts,it stopped feeling like I was reading a continuation of spiderman that ditko an lee made.Pic related was the last time I felt like I was reading a continuation although I enjoyed parts of slotts run earlier

Was there an actual point to the Joker cutting his damn face off in the end?

+5 on intimidation checks is not a small bonus.

So you only missed out on the Zero Year arcs which were mostly just bland and carried by Capullo's art.

Is his costume made out of paper or soemthing?

Back in Black was a flower in a swamp of shit. We all knew Spidey wasn't going through a good route and OMD was inevitable but it was good they released this before killing the characterization of Peter.
I'm still mad he went from an adult to a manchild.

I think his run was only good starting with Zero year, and endgame was a bit of a weak point.

Fucking Fraction

Seriously? I stopped reading for a year. That's the longest I've gone without reading the main Batman title since Winick's run.

My question is: Did Snyder come up with the idea, or was it DC editorial and Snyder just make the most of it?

It did give us an amazing issue of Batman & Robin. Tomasi & Gleason are so fucking good

Also fucking Bagley.

Nothing of value is lost then.

I had been waiting for months to find out who the black hand belonged to. I was hoping for Mania or Venom or maybe even both. Who did it turn out to belong to? FUCKING NOBODY, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO BLACK HAND IN THE BOOK! The cover was a total fucking lie. The issue was just about the Champions being stranded at sea after being shot down in the last issue and then getting captured by a bunch of stupid fucking Atlanteans and then beating their way out.

So I dropped the book., because that black hand was basically the only thing at that point that had kept me following the book.

Hey, it's the one page that ran with the "cut off face" concept and kinda made it work!

And thank God I got out early.

>Didn't drop it at #1
Only yourself to blame.

>Marvel into regular covers that are actually bait

This got me to drop all bat related titles in New 52 and i still refuse to read any Batman written by Snyder because of it. Thank god Tom King came along and breathed life back into the main batman title.

>The most boring and unimaginative Batman stories conceivable
>"Breathed life"
Sure, ok.

That's why, consistently for a good 3 months now, King has had not one issue, but two issues of the same comic in the top 10 sales charts. I'd say he breathed life into the title quite well.

>Batman on the Top 10
Truly a feat of unmatched genius never before seen.

Yeah, it's usually the issue of batman that came out this month, that's nothing new, but having two issues back to back in the same month in the top 10? I can't remember the last time that happened.

Snyder had a list of disfigurations for the DetCom writer to choose from to put Joker off the shelf until Court of Owls concluded. It's their fault that it happened.
I dropped at 2.