Movie ends with protagonist finally completing their objective

>movie ends with protagonist finally completing their objective
>they somehow forget about the gash/bullet wound in their side right until this point
>they then lie down and die a peaceful death while the camera pans upward while sad orchestra plays

Okay when are we going to invent a better ending?

>me so smart me no like mobie
Whatever.

I liked 2049, and no I'm not smart I literally had to read the Wikipedia page after the movie ended to understand what happened. Just pointing out a lame cliche

>augmented supersoldier manages to stave off death long enough to complete objective
>come on Sup Forums to bitch and moan that it's too cliche
YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT K THAT WAY

>somehow forget about the gash/bullet wound in their side
He didn't forget, he was intentionally ignoring it.
From the start when he speaks to Joshi we're given the impression K's tendency is to endure pain and injury he can't pay to escape, until it costs him too much.

>it's okay when this happened in planet of the apes because it was biblical allegory and Caesar was Moses
>it's okay when this happened in 2049 because bla bla bla

Fuck off it's a tearjerk cliche

I sorta want him to survive, and arrange the film so that the Joi hologram scene is the final moment.

>Endures all the miseries of the story, going home after Job Done.
>Sees painful reminder of dead GF displayed as she truly is, a production line masturbation aid.
>Film ends as emotion wells up in a shell-shocked K.

You're a jerkoff cliche, jerkoff.

I mean what is he supposed to do

I didn't get the impression he died, the wound didn't seem immediately lethal.

This has been a perfectly acceptable and often well-done conclusion to a story for thousands of years. Not everything has to subvert every cliche because you're triggered by it.

If you think so

Hero dying, job complete has been a trope for 5000 years user

Planet of the Apes sucked though

i liked the movie but i also eat shit so?

This is a good ending

>Scene with Deckard, Rachel and Wallace, last we know Deckard's being taken offworld to get tortured for information
>Pink Joi scene
>pic related
>credits start playing

When I started typing it out it sounded like a good idea, but honestly it's a little too bleak/ miserable and having closure with Deckard was important.
Maybe the ending was a little cliché, but I'll get over it

>forget
He ignored it.

One of these days you'll be on your death bead and I hope some faggot comments on the cliche way your ending your life.

A death bead? Damn

I think im gonna learn to edit to see if i can make a serviceable draft of the idea.

for planet of the apes they could have used a scene where Maurice inspects Caesar and tries to fix him with stitches, but Caesar still dies due to internal bleeding/ruptured organs

but then again, having that scene would break the tone of the last few scenes. so whatever

In K's case he doesnt care about his body anymore, only being a real human bean by getting Deckard to his daughter. He isnt going to risk fucking that up to stop at a hospital on the way over to the daughter, because to K at that point, getting them together and becoming a real human bean is more important than staying alive

living a meaningless life < dying having lived a fulfilling few moments

DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

I wonder how beads you have to take before you re on your death bead.

Totally cliched way to go...

He's a replicant, he doesn’t cry and whine about physical pain, he just operates until he can't. And if you remember he barely swam out of the water, old man Deckard had to drag him out.

>mfw Deckard got out of the water and looked back and started shouting "JOE? JOE?" and i thought that was how K was going to die

This. The movie did a great job of not telegraphing deaths, so when characters were in danger you were actually worried for them. I was convinced Deckard was going to drown in that car.

ending was great, you plebe

oh wait, let's change it:

"K looks at the sky. You hurt my friends, Wallace -- and now I'm coming after YOU !" K defiantly raises both his arms to the sky as fists, and then blue jets coming out of his feet blast him straight up out of camera view.

>Adrenaline rush makes you right like a madman, forgetting your injury
>Once the fight is over and you come down from your adrenaline high, your injury catches up with you
>Blood loss makes you gradually weaker and weaker until you fall asleep, never to wake up
That's actually realistic.

kino

He's not dead you twat

>see also; no white doves, replicants being able to sustain ridiculous damage

What didn't you understand?

>tfw watched this film tonight
>Get out, it's late, and fog fills the streets
>Drove around for 3 hours aimlessly trying to figure out how i feel

Honestly the film could have not had the whole replicant children plot and have just been about his interactions with JOI in a miserable world and it would have been fantastic

I feel like it had a lot to say about the typical views on male sexuality, lonliness and romance - especially the bit where the prostitute calls JOI empty inside, when she literally only offers the flesh, wheras JOI offers everything else

Also i liked the ending. The only thing i didn't like was the score, which was overpowering and poorly timed imo

You need to acquire a higher IQ to appreciate that ending.

>and have just been about his interactions with JOI in a miserable world and it would have been fantastic
It would've just been a retread of Her in a more depressing setting

Faggot IQ poster

>whole replicant children plot
that's like the best bit
not the kids exactly, but the whole "oh, no, you're not the messiah"

>tolerating an opinion on this site

Yeah i guess. And maybe because i'm miserable too, but that feels way more true to life. What i mean though is i feel like there's just so much to say in that area that could really be explored by a great film - but i guess that's too male interested for current year.

Yeah i got it, i just found the interactions with JOI to be managed a lot better than i thought they would be. I was expecting feminist undertones of 'hurr he only wants something he can dominate and sex and a subservient waifu' but it really went beyond that.

The actress who plays JOI is absolutely gorgeous too

K's a fucking machine, he doesn't react when he gets stabbed twice earlier in the film. He just finally pitered out.

I think the kid-thing is there to tie Deckard/Rachel/original BR into this one. That whole thing feels awkward, especially with t-shirt damsel Deckard. But it does pull some of the themes too, like what it means to be human/replicant/memories/etc

Leto/Wallace isn't much better, just killing some women as his major screen-time performance.

But you're in a weird place if you drop those elements, as they function mostly as a primary goals/antagonist.

Luv basically steps up as the primary villain, despite being a subordinate. She works reasonably well with the Joi arc, since she's hotter and tangible.

Just K/Joi/Luv gives you a play on flesh vs mind

It wasn't immediately lethal he died several hours later in the morning from the wound.

He did die though - they were playing Tears in the Rain in the background. He dead bruh.

It's like Her with a better ending.