Main Avengers title falling out of the 50k zone on the second issue

>main Avengers title falling out of the 50k zone on the second issue
>Champions doing worse than Spider-Man #10 in dollar share
>Iron Doom and Jessica Jones performing worse than Thanos
>Gwenpool, Ghost Rider, Slapstick, Mosaic, Occupy Avengers plunging into the cancellation territory

What went wrong

That image is fucking depressing to look at

When that image was revealed with was like anti-hype for me. Doesn't even resemble the Marvel universe. Bleak colors, lame heroes, and a black chick in a transformer.

The same thing that has been going wrong for the last several years. Relaunching again and again without fixing shit, and actually doubling down on the problems. By the end of this year or sometime next year they'll relaunch everything again, sales will up for a few months based on the last dregs of hope from the fans, then they'll drop when they realize making (*Insert white male character here) into a transgender black otherkin doesn't actually make up for the fact that the writers are shit.

And then they'll do it all again, until the editorial team gets fired.

Wait, that's an official image? I don't follow marvel at all but I thought that was some kind of bad fan art

Deodoto in his prime was decent but he's another old artist marvel has to let go

Ghost rider is failing because the title character has appeared on about 6 pages of his own book so far, and the rest of it has been Chinese Hulk and Boobs Wolverine.

its cyclical. its not like this is the first time the Avengers lineup has been shaken up from the classic team (and there have been much further-removed line-ups), same happens at DC and Justice League.

Then they finally decide to put the team together everyone wants and sales go back up.

Smart writers have always brought in new characters one at a time to establish them with the popular core team, and they eventually become seen as part of the "extended core". Does anyone not see Green Arrow or Black Canary as part of the extended-core JLA? Hawkeye or Vision not a part of the extended-core Avengers?

But when you pull a JLDetroit noboby, NOBODY, wants to remember that Gypsy or Vibe were ever leaguers, or that Deathcry or Masque were Avengers.

Ghost Rider would have failed regardless

Nobody gives a shit about Robbie

the fact that I don't recognize most of these characters is a good and bad thing

Shit, Laura is in ghost rider book? Is the writing decent?

Like you care about that, waifutard.

The only thing good to come from this image was the puzzle that they made out of it to play up the divided/shattered gimmick.

Counterpoint: I like Robbie and would buy his book if it wasn't just Chulk and X-23 standing around spewing word balloons all over the fucking page.

They listen to internet vocal minority.

god damn it, I have to read this shit too now

Might as well cross out Foolkiller while you're at it, considering he's already at 11k for his 2nd issue. Shame, since his was one of the good books in this absolute shit heap of a relaunch.

Prowler, Slapstick (which got demoted to infinite comic) Ultimates 2 and Sorcerors Supreme are all dead AF. Gwenpool's in definite danger too, seems she doesn't have the staying power of Spidey-Gwen. Mosaic should be DOA, but they're propping him up a bit cause gotta push Inhumans! His book will probably get cancelled and they'll plop him in that Secret Warriors book they're planning on doing for all the Earth based Nuhumans...and Karnak for some reason, since he's all monked out mentor dude now.

>Prowler

I'm still really disappointed with this. Did they really think it would be a good idea to kill him off, immediately clone him and have the first arc of his new series be a tie-in for a sequel to a controversial Spider-Man story? I think the art is decent and the writing's okay, but I don't know how they expected this to take off.

Yes. They initially released it as some sort of puzzle people had to put together

I like that Todd fella

They did the same thing with Hopeless' Spider Woman series by having that debut during Spider-Verse and meander in that shitty storyline for its first arc until it turned into Preggo hijinx.

The Spider-line is inconsistent as hell with their supporting titles. Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider and Carnage shows they can do some great work, and the 2099 series has done ok for itself. Hell, Silk's solo redeemed her wholly terrible character from Amazing, but some shit seems like it's doomed to fail. Web Warriors was trash and so is current Venom. Renew your Vows is light-hearted and nice, and I hope PAD can do Ben justice, but man every spider book feels disconnected from one another, which has its pros and cons I guess.

comics are a shit medium that only fat pathetic losers who live in their parent's basement care about

>Iron Doom

Who?

Where do you think you are?

After the "death" of Tony Stark at the end of Civil War II, Victor von Doom took the mantle as the Infamous Iron Man.

They couldn't even cut it up in the shape of puzzles. Pathetic.

>What went wrong
Chink Hulk
Black Ironwoman
Mexican Spiderman
Hitler Cyclops
SpiderGwen
Gwenpool
GwenHulk
GwenThor
Dr. Doom becoming good
The Inhumans sacred murdercloud
Young X-men from the past
Captain Hydra
Black Captain America

Actually I think if I we list the things that gone right it would be faster.

>Ultimates 2

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

man, so many shots of just tits. I hate how Gwenpool looks in this, and I don't even like her that much normally

Imagine being a little kid and looking at that pic.

>Mommy, where's Spider-man?
>Over there
>He looks wrong. That's not Spider-man. And where is Iron Man?
>See that guy holding his helmet?
>Iron Man has a beard, Mommy. That's not Iron Man. And where is Thor? And who are all those people? Are you sure this is Marvel?

This is why I dropped marvel. I buy creator owned comics instead. Reminds me why I became a comic fan in the first place.

Marvel shills will still defend shitty writing and bankrupt ideas but still don't waste the intern dollar buying shitty comics?

I live on my own, pay my own bills, but I am overweight. So one out of three isn't so bad, butthurt edge lord.

Hit the gym. It's a panacea.

not to stray into company wars but I'm pretty sure Iron Doom and Jessica Jones are not only selling worse than Thanos, but selling worse than fucking Mother Panic, an imprint book.

I definitely will. I currently walk two miles a day, though. But, I don't see any harm in joining a gym. Thanks user.

>>Iron Doom and Jessica Jones performing worse than Thanos
Open question, how is Thanos anyway?

Iron Man doesn't have a beard...

Based Todd
What a legend

>alternate reality todd

Couple questions; is the black chick on the right supposed to be the new Iron Man, and why does her suit look like they just drew a shittier suit of power armor from Fallout?

she designed her original suit herself through limited means, then they gave her a slender Iron Man suit that showed off her ass after a little while.

So looking ramshackle is on purpose

>Ultimates 2
Really? What sunk it?

Can I blame Ms. Mary Sue for this?

More like a goatee and a mustache.

No idea, but Foreman's art was terrible.

I hate her final form. Should have at least kept the Gundam Prime design and different color scheme, just make it more elegant.

everything went wrong, they have been a shit company for a long time. Read Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.

>What sunk it?
No big visual changes. If ever notices the only relaunches that actually get a refresh in readers are the ones that have big changes like title/cast/ and especially the writer. Ultimates didn't add anything but a 2 on it's name and continued the plot from the first. Ultimates 2 sales pretty much stayed the same as they were at the end of ultimates meaning no new readers picked it up.

>Can I blame Ms. Mary Sue for this?
Nope but Foreman's coloring might have played a part.

marvel is bad, water is wet

You're right Robbie is horrible, he's almost as bad as chick rider

The numbers are even worse than this because Marvel overshipped everything.

Champions is probably at 30k

>I'm still really disappointed with this. Did they really think it would be a good idea to kill him off, immediately clone him and have the first arc of his new series be a tie-in for a sequel to a controversial Spider-Man story?

Shit like this is why I don't read Marvel. Everyone is just in each others damn pockets all the time.