Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88955187/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bees_Knees
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Racer#Gallery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread:

-More discussion about Golden Girl and related characters
-New pics
-Getting Bess Knees' shit together, the time line of his superhero career
-Talking about Motion
-More new pics

Oh, it's going to be another slow thread.

I would like to introduce for the consideration of the user's here a new character into the Golden Girl lore.
Her name is Maxine Anderson, She comes from a neighboring city, is a detective for the police department there, & is Audrey's long lost maternal aunt.

While on vacation to Platinum City she witnesses Silver Queen & Golden Girl fighting a villain, Seeing GG she thought to herself that she look alot like her sister at that age. Using her skills she tracks down GG and finds out GG is her missing niece Audrey.

She is meant to be a supporting character who shows up from time to time when SQ or GG need a hand with a clue

If she had any living relatives, then she'd have to go live with them instead of Silver Queen.

not if they cant take care of them. you try raising a teenage girl on a cop's salary. most likely they keep it a secret.

Yeah, she'd represent a massive plot hole if she were included.

thast a neat desing

ok. i see what you mean. but what if Aunt Maxine chooses to let GG stay with Silver Queen? that is possible

Considering the time period it takes place in, it just wouldn't work.

The character comes across as being very contrived for very little plot benefit. Coming from someone who doesn't even like the GG stuff, I can see she's not anything beneficial.

i guess you guys are right, Aunt Maxine is a bad idea

>The Bee's Knees is still a thing
nice

Audrey is like Robin. She needs to be an orphan.
Not to mention that Audrey being the savvy detective compared to the more blind Sarah is already underplayed. Adding another adult that's more on the ball would make that even worse.

We talked about him a lot last thread and how his personal plot ended up being darker than anyone thought.

a goofy character in a gritty setting has more appeal than a edgy character in a edgy setting or a fun character in a fun setting, simply because if you are playing the superpower roulette, you don't always get to decide what powers you'll get, it shouldn't be necessarely be that the powers fit the setting or vice versa, which is the case with BK and his knee stingers or his rouge gallery.

Same with the personality, if the personality doesn't fit the setting, then its obvious the character is gonna have to struggle to stay true to his principles, normaly you'd just have an archenemy who would constantly challange your beliefes but it can also be that the setting itself is constant challange for the character.

I'm not suggesting to go full edge, I think something like Tim Burtons Batman or even Gotham would be more interesting.

Right now just a rough order of events in his personal plot have been worked out (which took place over years of off-and-on discussion).

By the time the Venus Fly Trap "arc" rolls in, Bees Knees is going through some depression over the trauma the final fight he had against The Cat's Pajamas left him with.

We've focused on the events and how they change the character, but not the character during those events.
How does Bees Knees act in battle? Is he like Spiderman with the banter or is he more silent?

Will he ever get elbow stingers with a natural evolution of his powers?

Fuck yes, we need more Bee's Knees. He and Appladay were always my favorites.

Oh. Had no idea it might have taken that direction.

Last thread, for however long it remains in the onsite archives
I really do want to develop more of the earlier parts of BK's story line. There's so much that happens before VFT ever comes into the picture.

Thanks!

we can split his character development in some phases.

phase 0 would be before he even got his powers, he is supposed to have some sickness or something, it would be obvious if he was a rather shy, depressed kid at this point but he could also be more hero-like rather positive thinking character despite his sickness, I guess he would nevertheless have the desire to be a hero.

phase 1 should be right after he gets his powers but before he wears any form of mask. It is the test phase where he tries different things out to test his increased mobility, maybe while getting more popular in school while ignoring his friends, they have their own problems with their powers anyway and would appear later.

phase 2 is his first contact with cat pajamas and at the same time realizing that Meow is part of the cats craddle. While trying to find her, he learns more about the more dangerous side of the city and starts wearing a mask to hide his identity, he also tries to find cats craddles and has some fights with them.

phase 3, things escalate, cats craddle has been causing more chaos in the criminal underworld which also affects the public, meanwhile BK is trying to safe meow yet he can't reach her because she seems to be mind controled.

phase 4 thise is where BK really gets desperate, he can't find anything about Pajamas, the true about him or his intentions, he only can helplessly watch how Pajamas uses Meow to do outragerous things and to keep BK at distance, BK had even to fight Meow himself. Also BK so far didn't win a single fight against Pajamas, they always fight at his terms and BKs inexperience makes it even more easy for Pajamas to control BKs every move.

Phase 5 things change, as it seems something very big went down in the criminal underworld, people think it was a dispute between organizations or something like that, yet noone knows for certain, some think it was Pajamas but he didn't take throne, he has been acting like a normal criminal since.

BK after all his investigations doesn't know anything either, about the true of Pajamas and his revenge that was taking place the whole time and that is now over.

end of the arc, BK finally manages to catch up to pajamas and they have their last fight, BK things he has gotten stronger but it was just Pajamas who got weaker. Still Pajamas pushes BK to his limits also insisting that Meow will never be free as long as he lives. It ends with Pajamas death.

My idea was basically that this is more personal for BK and it ends with BK knowing nothing, why it all happened, why the monster called Pajamas did exist and why he did the things he did. BK felt powerless because all seemed to happen as it was supposed to and he couldn't do anything to change it, even Pajamas death seemed like something that was meant to be and BK had no other choice than to play his role.

The VFT arc would be the complete opposite as BK is gonna learn more about someone else and he'll try to understand someone else.

Before phase 3 is when other characters need to come in, like all the other characters created at the same time Bees Knees was that were made by be his extended cast.

While Bees Knees can't go after Cat's Cradle (they're laying low or something) he has to deal with all the other supers created by the sky laser.
This is where team ups with Appladay come into play.

Well this sunk to page 10 in a hurry.

also a side plot with da bomb as well, who is causing trouble, mindlessly using his powers which are already dangerous to begin with.

I want to know more about this weirdo.

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bees_Knees

>Da Bomb - Bees Knees' best friend was walking home from school when he fell into a puddle of toxic waste. When he wokes up, he found he could literally explode parts of his body over and over again. A cocky, arrogant black teen, he refers to himself in third person whenever he's in his hero persona. He's fond of non sequitur explosive puns. Kind of loud, but outgoing and fun to be around.

Hmm, I need to edit Bees Knees' wiki page for grammar sometime in the near future.

But anyway, that's what we know about Da Bomb. Where the hell is he in all this? We need to work in all those other characters.

Da Bomb seems to have some similarities with Bombastic and Bomb Shell. I guess we've been slacking on making explosive powers unique, kind of like how electrical powers are always the same.
At least he doesn't have electrical powers.

I have a sketch of Millennial Man that I'll be posting later. I can't remember if I posted this She-Thulhu sketch last thread.

you did

>Oh sweet, people working on Bee's Knees
>Drug addiction
>Overly serious/edgy shit
FUCKING NOPE

Which brings us back to We need quips and jokes and stuff for him.

Anyone got any new superhero or supervillain ideas for the Sup Forumsverse?

I think we can use more villains

I saw this posted last week. Old Man Sup Forumsnrad sounds fun. What does the rest of the Sup Forumsverse look like?

I could get behind that.

Hot Tomali - An elderly Mexican guy who fell in a volcano and got fire powers. Serves as Bees Knees mentor.

Somebody needs to draw this asap. He is a Bee's Knees villain

Sorry, he's bk mentor

No one has ever drawn him yet? I recall the name from like, the first or second thread.

Yeeeah... maybe I'll just wait until this is developed then we could, maybe, talk about a "saturday morning" version?

Nothing on the conservatory that I could find.

So what, we just open up the floor to ideas?

Why not? well lets start, with whose rogue's gallery should this be?

Any females in the thread? If so, what is the most disgusting thing ever done and may still do today?

None of the supporting BK characters save for BK and the members of Cat's Cradle have ever been drawn.

Same with most of Appladay's enemies in the Orchard of Evil.

Well, I've had this stupidly goofy idea in my head for a while now. I'll just toss it out there and see if there's someone it could work for.

>The Manmoth! Half man, half moth, half mammoth, ALL EVIL.

what does the man-moth look like?

Man Moths?!

Reminds me that I'd enjoy seeing if VFT manages to build on original powerset after redemption.

Maybe Venus has subtle healing AoE on those nearby, as to improve abilities of others in fights.

I'm more interested in getting BK's personality on better footing.

Sure, the story looks "dark and edgy" but that's doesn't mean BK is "I am the night" levels as a character.
He doesn't brood, but anons I assume think he does with all the story that he's not wrapped up in.
He needs to be able to take it in stride with jokes and stuff up until Cat's Pajamas dies or something.
I'm not too clear on that, does Cat's Pajamas commit suicide by hero, try to do that, kills himself in front of BK who fails to save him, or what?
Whatever it is, that's when the depression hits him and the VFT arc starts.

But I want to know more about what happens before all that with characters with stupid names and even more stupid costumes.

Here's hoping the thread survives the night.

At least DaBomb was sketched in the first or second thread, no? Granted it was either a small doodle or I just had the thumbnail, but I meant anything at all.

So our first villain creation is The Manmoth! He should be an 8 foot tall black dude with the posture of Urkle from family matters. Very skinny/slender but eccentric to the point of being ridiculously creepy.

His power could be the creation of cocoon batter from his mouth that he can puke at people to harden them in place!

BK isn't edgy, its the the world he gets suckt into that is dark and gritty, specially the Cats Craddle-arc but I think there are lessons to be learnt from this experience, atleast if he actually manages to make it through, this also elevates Pajamas from a villian of the week to someone crucial for BKs character development.

A teenager with attitude discovers a glowing coin in a cave where he was ditching class and drinking beer. Once he touches the magic coin he morphs into Sentai a Go-Go! The evil power armor wearing, robot piloting badguy! Pic just for reference

Because /coc/ is a dead horse on Sup Forums

An idea for a BK villian.

Flycatcher aka Nerina Brighten
Nerina is a smalltime thief. But while robbing a chinese merchant something called for her. It guided her towards an ancient chinese lantern.
While she investigated it and thought how much it is worth, she is surprised by some security men.
Not knowing what to do, she instinctly waved the lantern. Immediatly the men stopped and were kinda fascinated by the glowing latern, till they touched it and got electrified and stunned.

Now she is on a robbing spree as "The Flycatcher" making men and women dizzy and hypnotise insect heros with her morningstar like Lantern.

I too love Viewtiful Joe.

Even a dead horse is right twice a day.

I wonder if there's any secret cameras on Collette or in that house that Tats planted there?

Like a perverted KGB or Stasi operative.

A phrase like that is a diamond dozen

Was he? I don't recall.

The Cat's Cradle conflict is what's going on concurrently with all the other stuff. Between dishing out puns and meeting new characters with ever increasing bad pun names, BK is on the look out for Cat's Cradle waiting for them to make their next move.

What about trapping people inside the lantern?

>I'm not too clear on that, does Cat's Pajamas commit suicide by hero, try to do that, kills himself in front of BK who fails to save him, or what?

Pajamas has his own story. It is practically, a vengeance story like gungrave.

Before he got his cat head, Pajamas was a criminal in a bigger crime organization who was working his way up to the top, he was also known as the butcher because he always carried two short axs. The true was that he already was planning his revenge because the organization killed his father when he was younger, he was trying to reach the top, gain more influence and get closer to those who did it but he gets killed before, a headshot, the END.

or not, here I'm not sure how he gets revived, I thought a witch sensed in him a strong spirit and she revived him under the condition that she gets soul once he dies. Given that his head was blown off, he gets a cat head and cat-like powers, which means enhanced strength and agility but also 9 lives and the ability to control cats.

The problem is, with every live he loses, his powers also start to vannish, he gets weaker and at 1 live, other than his appereance he is no different than a normal human.

BK only gets involved because Pajamas takes control over Meow who is a close friend to BK but at the end of the day, BK is more like a side-character to Pajamas story.

Pajamas then actually manages to take his revenge but at the same time he lost almost all of his lives, he also has been losing control over Meow which is why he only has been using her occasionally but most of the time he keeps her in some form of prison. Pajamas then keeps being a criminal because this is what he has knows almost his whole life but he really has no drive for anything now that he had accomplished his goal and this leads to the final fight between Pajamas and BK.

BK doesn't know anything about Pajamas, his plan or his past and Pajamas has been playing BK like a fiddle and he did beat him up occasionally but the fights had been getting even, nevertheless Pajamas had do Meow some horrible things and at this point BK only felt rage and despair.

Pajamas pretty much doesn't care if he dies yet he has been partly an animal for a long time and at this point he is a wounded animal at that. Which means he'll fight back even if he doesn't want to, his animal instincts will take control for the last time.

>What about trapping people inside the lantern?
Good idea. Thought she would use it as a melee weapon. But trapping would be interesting and maybe dangerous.

Someone post the minus 8 gif.

>The Diamond Dozen
>A gang of indestructible, super strong crystalline mobsters

Why does this need to be here? This is pretty blatantly /aco/.

>but at the end of the day, BK is more like a side-character to Pajamas story.
That's no good. BK is the audience focus, anything Pajamas does needs to be revealed to us through BK's perspective.

Getting bits of Pajamas' story drip fed between the usual BK stories feels like a more natural integration. With each big crime Cat's Cradle commits, BK learns a little bit more about them.
Hip Cat is a possible source of information since she isn't under Pajamas' thrall like Cat's Meow is. Though, why is she working for him?

These are questions BK should ask during the story.

I think that is a GoldenGirl fan.
GG is at the moment not so interesting, i guess. He hopes interst will start again.

>That's no good. BK is the audience focus, anything Pajamas does needs to be revealed to us through BK's perspective.

of course the story would be told from BKs perspective and he'd be as clueless/knowledgeable as the reader to the very end of the arc. I just outlined Pajamas story because it should have a clear structure even if we don't see it, we should atleast be able to perceive that Pajamas has a goal and is not acting at random. Maybe a side story could explain Pajamas and his circumstances later without BK knowing in-universe.

>Though, why is she working for him?

I always thought Hip Cat would be the one with actual cat-like character, which means she is kinda flickle, playful and just does what she feels like doing, kinda like Catwoman.

I still think Hip Cat is a good way for the audience and Bees Knees to become more in the know about the situation.

maybe about some things but not about all, as I doubt Pajamas is gonna tell her everything, specially about his past.

Why is Golden Girl bouncing on a spacehopper with no pants on? That's just silly

Is Doggy Dog an accomplice of there's in this World?

She lost it because of the spacehopper.
She forgot to secure her waistband.

No, for just so many reasons. The major one being making Sarah a lesbian WOULD GIVE HER CODE IMMUNITY, YOU IMBECILE.

I smell a villain war brewing.

Hank Venture? Is that you?

>Bee's Knees wearing a fake beard and passing himself off as Russian Guyovitch

You know, I could see him doing that to get into a villain bar.

Would it work?

Sup Forumsverse Comics presents Villain War. Sounds pretty good

It might.

Depends on the joke and set up for the situation.

Any speedster in the Sup Forumsverse, good or bad?

Rage Racer and Blue Shift both come to mind.

One's a Justice Sup Forumsmrade, the other is a cop.

We'll that's terrifying. Who does Rage Racer arch?

Rage Racer is a hero.

He is arched by the super villain Mr. Mellow.

Interesting twist there. Would not expect that.

Mr. Mellow is... quite vicious despite being incapable of anger.

It's the ones that don't get angry that you really have to watch out for.

I like this Rage Racer pic. Any more?

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Racer#Gallery

I think he's the closest character we have to the modern psycho take on the Joker.

We have a shit ton of villains who arch specific heroes who almost never get brought up.

What are all these bad guys up to all the time?