Did anyone else feel bad for Shaggy...

Did anyone else feel bad for Shaggy? I mean don't Velma and Scooby know that making a guy choose between two people he loves is extremely difficult and kind of a dickish position to put him in? Also, why couldn't he just choose both?

>why couldn't he just choose both?
Because neither would tolerate it. Velma outright asked him to choose (and threw a bitchfit when she didn't get what she wanted).

Because both were dicks.

And Shaggy had no issues when Scooby had an interest in that one dog I think.

I agree they were both being dicks, but Velma was so much more than Scooby. Especially since she started the whole thing and forced the issue.

>Velma or Scoob
Shit choice tbqh

>Implying you don't want a best dog friend

At least Shaggy ended up kicking ass later on.

>Because neither would tolerate it
That's not true. Shaggy gave both the feeling that there could be only one due to him trying to keep it a secret.
Velma wanted to tell everybody long ago about their relationship.

Guys you do know that this is a cartoon right? You don't have to have empathy for fictional characters.

Wait did this really happen? If so name of episode thanks

Yeah I don't care about orphans.

This shipping drama is exactly why I never bothered to watch Mystery Inc. from start to finish. Same for Young Justice.

First half of the first season of Scoody Doo: Mystery Incorporated

Same here. Fuck this fanfiction shit.

Despite what Sup Forums wants you to believe, there is very little relationship drama in YJ.

Just like Voltron has nothing of it, but fangirls gonna fangirl.

It's only in the first season and even then only the first couple episodes.

Shaggy is a layabout that won't amount to anything because he just wants to eat and chill with his dog. Velma wants to fix him but the real lesson here is you shouldn't try to fix shitty people. Just let them be until they realize they wasted their life.

Scooby and Velma were being cunts in forcing a binary decision where there was no reason to have one. Especially bullshit when Scooby got a gf and Shaggy just let it happen....though she did end up dying, I think.
This was the worst Velma anyways.

I loved YJ, but the second season was ENTIRELY relationship drama. The first season wasn't as bad, but it was there, too.

Disagree that this is the worst Velma. Maybe the Velma that people can't really project onto or the Velma the audience would least want to be friends with, but she's the most developed and interesting Velma by far. Once you get past the shipping bullshit you end up getting an actual character with flaws and ongoing development instead of an archetypal sketch that fills a role the narrative simply needs to progress.

I love pretty much all iterations of Scooby Doo, so don't get me wrong, I don't think she's the best/Platonic ideal version of Velma. But from a storytelling standpoint she's the most compelling Velma has ever been.

Worst Velma is Get A Clue!Velma. Who isn't Velma but rather some weird cosplayer (not in reality. She just looks that way)

Only major flaw in an otherwise great show. Thankfully they ended it by season 2.

I used to think both Scooby and Velma were being pricks but season 2 Scooby was shown to be the real asshole since later we got an episode where Shaggy falls in love was a qt Asian chick and Scooby not only was okay with it but actually tried to help him get laid.

What the fuck were the writers thinking, he spent an entire season trying to ruin a relationship and now all of a sudden he's a-okay with Shaggy not only banging but banging a chick they'd never met before that lives half the globe away from them. Fuck off.

Maybe cause Velma is a bitch and Scoob would rather have Shaggy get that qt Asian pussy?

Because Shaggy kept his relationship with Velma a secret from everyone, so Scoob felt a little betrayed.

Shaggy was up front about wanting to fuck that chick, so Scooby was all for it because they're bros who wanna help and encourage each other. Same reason why Shaggy didn't mind when Scooby was trying to fuck Fred's parent's dog until she fell out of that helicopter.

Man, this show was wild.

Finally someones get it.

>You don't have to have empathy for fictional characters
I dont want to, but it still happens. Help me bros, how do I get over it?