Patrician cartoons

I am making a chart with the most patrician cartoons ever made. what cartoons should i defenitly include? can be a film or a series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y
dailymotion.com/video/xlcen7_nik-the-greek-allegro-non-troppo-valse-triste-animation_creation
dailymotion.com/video/x11iczn_monkey-dust-s01e01-divx-640x352_fun
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mary and Max

good one thanks

The maxx, spawn, btas

bump for interest

anything by Jan Svankmajer and the Quay Brothers

Eh. I didn't really fancy Spindles McNopants and her convoluted adventures.

-Moral Orel
-The Adventures of Prince Achmed
-Fritz the Cat
-The Hobbit (1970s)
-Fantasia
-Rex the Runt

Fantastic Planet

this

Don't forget Jiří Trnka, user.

Waltz with Bashir?

Over the Garden Wall

I know this is bait, but the show is honestly one of the best cartoons of this decade.

this might be the best cartoon of this decade

Firing Range

Is Wallace and Gromit patrician? Or are they too mainstream and pleb?

Depends on where you're from. If you hail from the land of the Teasuckers, then maybe. Anywhere else would be considered patrician.

>Depends on where you're from
So depending on nationality also determines what's pleb and patrician?

That's kind of stupid, user. No offense.

so how is it bait? it's a great show no memein

>Someone posting SU in a non-SU thread, but not for the sake of bait

thought I'd never live to see the day

If you at least liked the art style, there's this. I still think this is criminally underrated.

Duckman and The Critic

I like the critic, but I also feel that it's too dated

Should be able to find some ones you like on here.

And here.

I want to especially recommend The Tragedy of Man.

And here.

Hey Arnold

Batman the Brave and the Bold

You can skip Dumbo, but if you're allowing any Disney films, the golden age ones should be among the first to consider, as well as Sleeping Beauty.

If you'll be including any Dreamworks's CG films, my first suggestion would be How to Train Your Dragon, and then maybe Kung Fu Panda and Kung Fu Panda 2.

You should definitely include Prince of Egypt.

This one was pretty damn good.

Exo Squad. The storytelling level of war time maneuvering and drama is basically unlike any other 90s kids show.

And the toys were absolutely fucking incredible.

>season 1 finale was a gateway-foot fetish
fucking dropped

hold up, The Hobbit is on there but no Lord of the Rings? why is this?
it's good enough see also no ATHF
>Truly They Were an Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Megamind was the best Dreamworks CG film

but Prince of Egypt was their best film period

When adding new titles to that list, I've been trying to avoid adding things that are very easy to find once you've been introduced to a title already on there. So if you see the list, weren't familiar with The Hobbit beforehand, and end up liking it, then it's pretty easy to go find out about Lord of the Rings afterward. Similarly it's got Watership Down but not Plague Dogs, for example. All these films are great, but I've been trying to purposefully keep that list a little more condensed.

Luxo Jr.

would you be alright with someone listing well done Sup Forums movies for your chart?
Serious question, why is MLP on that list? it's just like any other show based off of a toy for little kids
>inb4 barneyfag
I'm saying this as someone who grew up with an earlier incarnation of the MLP series. The new series is better than the old cartoons, sure, but it's not great, and absolutely not GOAT material.

Dunno, myself, that one I'm just reposting and had no hand in editing.

>No Xavier

It really is though

THIS
FOR GOD'S SAKE, INCLUDE THIS

I don't think it deserves a spot on the chart unless you include a side section for children's cartoons, but can I throw out Cybersix? Your mention of Aether Flux reminded me.

Gentlemen
Behold!
Sup Forums and Sup Forums into a orgy!

youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y

Let's not meme it but I would like to add to a formal coalition of Xavier fans. It belongs on the chart.

>paranorman nowhere on these

am i the only one who liked this movie?

>i the only one
I already don't care for your opinion.

>Barney
>good

psiconautas los niños olvidados

Habfurdo (1979)

No, I like it, but I was trying to limit the amount of Laika productions I put on . See . Dunno who made , but I assume that list was made before Paranorman came out. The latest movie on there I think is from 2010.

Why don't you do something useful and shoot up a brony meetup?

ah, understood.

You people must have very little exposure to animation to be creaming your pants so hard over an above-average miniseries with a weak ending.

I'm a no limit nigga and if you ever threaten me or one of my homeboys again I will feed you my shoe as a complete part of a balanced breakfast

>above average
Name any other series that has that Americana feel to it.

OtGW isn't great because the animation was out of this world, or because of an epic story. It nailed the atmosphere it was going for.

And you know what? It was just plain fun to watch.

I even bought the soundtrack, I liked the music so much.

Æon Flux ?

Why do people keep changing this one? I could understand just adding to it, but no, people have to cut out the ones they personally dislike or haven't seen and add their personal garbage.

relevant

Here, you're welcome to have the original from before I started my edits, and if you like you can tweak your own version or keep it as is. I actually liked a lot of the films I ended up cutting, but chose to cut them because of the direction I wanted for what I thought the list should be, as a list of my personal favorites and films I can satisfyingly strongly recommend.

For example, I used to post the image and kept The Wrong Trousers for a long time, but I saw people complain that A Grand Day Out wasn't on there as well. I don't know much about or have much interest in Aardman films, but I get the feeling they should really have their own list considering how strongly their fans seem to feel about them. I felt similarly about Snoopy Come Home, Asterix and the Vikings, and The New Frontier.

Cybersix

Those toys were the fucking BEST.

Its called a hyperbole you fucking retard.

Early aeon Flux without dialog > later aeon with dialog.

this.

>Fantasia
I was waiting for someone to post this: The Valse Triste part: dailymotion.com/video/xlcen7_nik-the-greek-allegro-non-troppo-valse-triste-animation_creation

>Barney
>good

>patrician
Monkey Dust dailymotion.com/video/x11iczn_monkey-dust-s01e01-divx-640x352_fun

What is this and where can I find it?

>I'm a no limit nigga and if you ever threaten me or one of my homeboys again I will feed you my shoe as a complete part of a balanced breakfast
Is this some pasta from somewhere, because I'm cracking up.

>Watership Down
>Fantastic Planet
>Who Framed Roger Rabbit
>Heavy Metal
>Secret of Kells
>Waltz with Bashir
>Tragedy of Man
>Anomalisa
>Kubo and the Two Strings

If these were all required viewing the board's discussions would be so much better.

Belladonna of Sadness

A good mixture of funny and depressing.

Mummies Alive
GI Joe
Men In Black

God I wish the comics were translated.

There's already some Sup Forums stuff in here, so I'd like to mention this.

And some of the Sanrio movies.

That movie is fucking trash besides the character animations & Zig Zag.

The story is basic af, the characters all suck besides Zig Zag, the Thief is the director's shitty attempt at Wile E Coyote, the characters never mesh with the background & the final act is nothing but fucking madness.

The only thing it has going for it is that the completed animation is good stuff.

>he doesn't know

Explain cu-ckboy.

It's a long and sordid history I can't really recall well enough to recount for you, honestly. Basically the movie was stolen from the guy who was animating it, by hand, frame by frame, and given to a bunch of second rate animators and voice actors and rushed to completion because the producers behind the project got tired of waiting for it to be finished.

Watch the recobbled edition. It's the closest we'll ever get to what the movie should have been. At least unless Disney decides to complete the film's restoration, which was started as a side project by a former Disney executive but was put on hold after he left the company.

I watched the Recobbled edition. It's what I'm talking about.

Get out.

Well then you just have awful taste, friendo

Please explain why it's good then. :^)

Is this some meme I'm not aware of where people pretend The Thief and the Cobbler is anything other than a complete dumpster fire piece of shit?

There's a serious lack of Moomin in this thread.

Cat City is something that is virtually unknown internationally but everyone here should see