The fuck happened to this shit?

The fuck happened to this shit?

Canceled because they blew through more money than the average capeshit movie for just a couple of episodes.

These assholes basically got Netflix to pay millions of dollars so they could dick around with insanely expensive cars and not have to pay jack shit.

Honestly it was a briliant scam.

Hammond did this.

it aired in january.
they were in my town (calgary alberta canada) shooting last week for next january.

Based Clarkson looking out for his mates.

i mean season 2

>Canceled
huh, really?i cant find anything and imdb says its still running
i wont be surprised tho, it somehow managed to be even shittier than Top Gear with Joey, i watched only the first 2 episodes and dropped it.

which reminds me, what happened to top gear, did they completely dropped it or will they try and make another season?

it'll air in january. duh.

I will never forgive them for getting a nascar driver

The American Top Gear blew it's doors off.

you dont need meme gear when my boi Doug exists

They haven't cancelled that yet?

how hilarious would be if the real top gear gets canceled before the american version, top kek

James Cameraon Al Pcino and Will Sasso?

Im in

Season 2 will most likely be in November. No more international tent screens and they'll stay in the UK.

I hope they ditch the recurring jokes.

UK is more comfy tbqh

The closest they can get to original Top Gear the better.
>ditch American
>ditch goofy track
>bring back theme about having to stick to a budget
This last one is the one I want the most.

Commenting on the second season renewal, UK host Jeremy Clarkson noted, "Top Gear is our baby so you can understand why Hammond, May and I were anxious about passing it on to the presenters of the US show. We needn’t have worried because Top Gear is clearly in safe hands, even if they do insist on speaking in those stupid accents. Watching an episode from series 1 with Richard and James, we found ourselves in a genuinely heated debate about which of the presenters’ cars was best. We were just three ordinary chaps watching a car show and loving it, which is exactly what Top Gear should be. Bring on series 2."

>This last one is the one I want the most.

Also don't fucking script everything, give some scenes room to breathe

Based Doug and his scores based on Doug.

The only thing I didn't like about the Grand Tour was the American test driver. Bring back a mute Stig knockoff.

At least there's no more international tent scenes where they stroke the audience's dicks. Too bad there's the Dubai tank scene where you just know that shit will be scripted to hell.

They should get a retired f1 driver like Mark webber to do the track work and ditch celebrity brain crash

Doesn't this show pander to unwashed middle aged plebs? I feel like these people are not exactly the type that'd pay to watch amazon shows.

He's not even a real hamster

i agree. all the new shit they pulled was bad. they need to clone TG as much as possible and only change things when absolutely necessary

I mean, his driving was fine
It was just that half of his quips were terrible

Hasn't been cancelled, new series is coming soon

>Axe celebrity brain crash
>Extend converstation street
>Tone it all down a bit

I've been rewatching the series lately, and they always seem to spoil what would be a good feature by doing something TOO ridiculous, where it would have been more entertaining if they did it properly

>The eco-car feature where May 'makes a foundry to make bricks for his car'
>Middle eastern episode where they piss about with 'home made scales' for some reason
>The budget Maserati episode with the race to the harbour
>The Africa road trip where they 'go poacher hunting'

Just pointless shit really

They were Adam Sandlering with Amazon's money. With Hammond's accident and Clarkson's health problems maybe they won't have the time to disappear in their asses and improvise more. Also, Porter was on board from the beginning of the series, unlike the first one where he only came on midway to try and reign in Clarkson's ego trips.

Only a matter of time before Hammond gets himself killed desu

hes immortal

True, same with the analogies that Clarksob was doing with the SUVs. The coral cars are a good example of doing a joke scenes. Short enough to get a kek but not long enough that it gets boring or overused.

This was cancled? I was expecting another series.

Nah. They're contracted to do two more, S2 is already done filming and only thing left is editing and tent scenes.

>and tent scenes
pls no

I dunno, I had a hard time getting into Grand Tour. It felt like they took all the cringy stuff from their last few seasons of TG and made it longer and more cringy.

>blatently scripted scenes (old top gear was scripted but well hidden/played better)
>no comfy roadtrips (here's £1000, go but a 90s hatchback)
>cringy tent/audience stuff

I'd wish they toned down the obviously scripted sequences. A few of them is okay, but none of them are any good actors and their bants is far superior to their scripteds stuff.

The Grand Tour was pretty great.

James May's short documentary on the Le Mans rivalry was the comfiest part of the whole season
Prove me wrong
Protip: You can't

honestly they could just make a roadtrip show and it would be absolutely amazing

theres a reason they have huge Vietnam or USA specials.

People who dont even like cars watch it for the bantz and they're comfy as fuck.

I originally thought that's what GT was going to be, not "Top Gear with all the segment names changed"

I thought when they named it the Grand Tour that would be exactly what it was. I think it was in the Nile or Burma special where they make a joke about going on the most luxurious road trip ever, and that is what I want to see.

A truly God Tier program would be a mix of cheap car challenge, the news and some sort of grand tour with cars suited or ill suited for the trip.

Imagine if they did an actual round the world Grand Tour where each leg of the tour they had to switch to a different set of vehicles. You could have the best of the travel episodes, the performance testing and the cheap car challenges with minimal cringy studio stuff

And a race as well, those were lots of fun to watch.

James May is just generally comfy, my favourite thing he did was probably Oz & James' Big Wine Adventure, and James May's Toy Stories is fun too because he's basically a big kid the whole way through

Season 2 is airing in november.

>ignored all the kiwi drivers
fuck may

It'll be centered in UK so hopefully there will be banter.

Went from cucked BBC hosting to excellent Amazon show.

Season 2 is going to be bigger and better, I can already feel it

The first season had plenty of banter, it was just shit banter.

The tent scenes shot in the UK were noticeably better than the other ones though. You could tell they were much more natural and not trying to pander to a foreign crowd.

>cancelled
New series literally starts in less than two months dipshit.

Probably because they knew what they were talking about and cared about the subjects.

All I want is
>the american gone or at least not shown anymore (he even made the same joke twice in two different fucking episodes)
>celeb brain crash gone (hilarious the first time, then boring every other time)
>less over the top stuff like what happened in episode 2

>the american gone or at least not shown anymore
Even Clarkson seemed bored of the entire thing by the end of GT. Having a character meant to shit on Americans is all well and good but they put zero effort into it. How long until the BBC Top Gear dies out already? Do you think then the lads will finally get the Stig back?

What is the best joke Top Gear ever made?

I don't think they ever will. Even if Top Gear gets cancelled, the BBC still owns the rights to everything Top Gear related (Stig included).

>implying every Stig cousin joke wasn't great
African Stig was another good one.

Who wouldn't? Murrica jokes are good for a short while but then you'll eventually run out of fresh material.

>Netflix

OP your first mistake was being this retarded
Amazon outbid Netflix. S2 coming soon. S1 being broadcast on TV now

Didn't Netflix balk since it though the show wasn't worth it? Besides, their model wouldn't work for a show like The Grand Tour.

>no mention of the reassembler
Come on m8

Netflix either opted to buy old Top Gear episodes instead, or couldn't buy both shows because BBC were being dicks about it.

It definitely wasn't worth it for Netflix, it probably is for Amazon considering they're in a million countries now. Burgers don't realize how massively popular TG was worldwide.

That extended fake shootout scene was far too much arsing about for my liking. wish they would drop some of the scripted bits but that seemed to be the direction Top Gear had been going in for some time. I guess it could be something to do with Top Gear's international appeal and the fact that the jokes have to translate well globally.

Man Lab and James May's 20th Century are pretty great, too

Weakest episode desu. It slowly improved right after that which peaked with May's Le Mans. It slowly dipped right after that.

Worth watching the whole series? I think I watched the first 3 before going back to just enjoying the old episodes on Dave on an ad hoc basis.

is that the lexus lfa or acura nsx

Yeah I hate the scripting, it's just too much and comes off tryhard. Something simple like bants on a cheap car road trip with the occasional challenge, that is where the cast really shines. when the TG challenges expand to scenic specials you have pure gold.

>How long until the BBC Top Gear dies out already
It won't. Not to sound like W1A. But the unique nature of the BBC means a show can carry on despite unpopularity. Meaning no one watches it.

someone give me some of the best Top gear episodes to watch

im into the banter

whats the point of lying on the internet

Every special.

I love this show, so comfy. Literally the only good show on any channel/service.

yea choice as bru.

All of the specials up to and including the polar race special are worth a watch, the ones after that kind of fell flat for me. The final episode was entertaining, considering it was basically cobbled together from leftover bits after Clarkson was fired.

I don't recall which episode specifically it was, but the 24 hour endurance race they did was pretty great as well. And if you're just looking for good bits you can always find most of the challenges from the episodes on youtube, albeit with some odd filters to prevent youtube bots from taking them down automatically.

Webber actually has charisma, so letting him talk wouldn't even be bad

The Nile and Burma ones are pretty good. I'd say India is the cut off point.

already shown a 30sec teaser for season 2, might premiere end of November, but January more likely

amazon got sued or something for the cheap car segment so it won't be happening

They started airing it on Australian TV last night, except I forgot to watch it. I saw a few minutes at the gym and it looked cool.

>suing over people buying cheap cars and having a camera film them
oy vey

Wrong. google made the show.

the bbc csnt just around giving credit & ownership to tye people who create the content.. where would that leave them? Oh no. Thats the BBC's intellectual property son.

Theyre just another oldmedia censor protector of the rich. Ask Jim....

Good show this

It's a really funny series overall, some cringe moments and they need to get rid of "the American", he's not funny.

True. Hamsters are taller.

all we want are more of those gt40/p4 type stories.

>early top gear
>3 knowledgable lads talking about cars, messing about and testing the big stuff with an experienced rally driver who realised he was there because he could drive, not present and kept his mouth shut
>leans on the chemistry of its cast to drive humour, has trials that are odd but practical (car vs train, how to get across England on a tank of petrol etc)

>mid/late top gear
>scripting really takes off, the cast basically flanderise themselves, playing into their 'roles' feel like characters
>stunts get sillier and higher budget, launching caravans on catapults and such
>feature episodes are top notch though

>Gramd Tour
>heavily heavily scripted, second episode barely had anything to do with cars in that swat shit
>driver from NASCAR who won't shut his fucking unfunny mouth
>90% humour, cars are there as a prop

It fell apart desu

I thought The Grand Tour would just be entirely made up of Top Gear specials, which would have been great. Especially when I heard each episode was in a new country, I was sure I was correct.

Instead it was hosted in different countries, and the segments were all just like Top Gear.

fuck that fidgeting kike

The last series of BBC Top Gear was actually pretty decent if I remember rightly

burma special is kino

Their history features are always great. Saab, Lancia, and even Chinese and Communist cars are always great for keks.

Still waiting for another series of Man Lab

Vietnam and Burma were the best.

Looks like they're doing another Africa special in Grand Tour S02 based from teasers.

Fuck that, new Reassembler when?

When /o/ rejected them, you know it's shit.

this. he ruined the word "quirk" or whatever it is.