Geostorm (2017)

Geostorm is a 2017 American disaster film co-written, co-produced and directed by Dean Devlin as his feature film directorial debut.

The plot follows a satellite designer who tries to save the world from a storm of epic proportions caused by malfunctioning climate-controlling satellites.

Principal photography began on October 20, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana. After poor test screenings, re-shoots took place in December 2016 under executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer, writer Laeta Kalogridis and director Danny Cannon. The film is the first co-production between Skydance Media and Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film stars Gerrard Butler, Literal Who's, with Ed Harris and Andy Garcia cameos.

It has a budget of somewhere between $81m and $120m because who gives a fuck, everybody knows this is a tax write-off. So far it has made $9.7m at the box office because some gooks wanted to see "big American weather movie with world famous action superstar Gerrard Butler".

A representative for Warner Bros. Pictures was quoted as saying "We just keep knocking them out of the park. It's films like these that make Warner Bros. such a good company to work for. I hope I don't lose my job because I just remortgaged the house."

youtube.com/watch?v=EuOlYPSEzSc

That poster...

Literally a movie for the plebs.

thr trailers looks like a fake movie advertised in GTA

(((they))) are starting the conditioning. Impressive.

I watched the trailer for it and that was enough.

I mean ... what else more would you need to see? They showed literally everything.

God I fucking hate trailers. Plebbiest of pleb shit that we just accept as tradition.

>from the producer of independance day

looks like the most generic disaster movie ever made, has hollywood really gotten this lazy?

>dean devlin

i did not know that. i like dean devlin. i will definitely watch this movie.

>MARRY HER
I can't imagine how funny it would have been to witness that on set

>I fucking hate trailers

I relentlessly hate you, user.

Dean Devlin was relentlessly handsome when he was young.

>immense tidal wave coming through
>protag just stands there looking

Why?

some people have quick reactions and would immediately run. but some have the deer-in-headlights frozen reaction and would freeze.

i just remembered an article i read earlier this year about a study that showed that our brain is not equipped to react quickly to situations that we are not used to even if we see them on tv or are told many many times what to do which is why training and drills for emergency situations is very important.

At least post the one with the solid lettering

this

And that's why I want to see it. It looks fantastically stupid. Might be a good time.

too high budget and serious though.
you can tell they tried to make it seem funny and self referential in the trailer.
playing comedy music whilst people are dying en mass.

>mfw dean devlin does not have a son
>mfw no handsome dean devlin son

> I like disaster kino so I have to watch this cause there isn't enough made

Why is Andy Garcia doing an Al Pacino impression throughout?

>2012 movie

the trailer implied that the earth would break apart and that the ships are spaceships. i wish that was what happened. a sequel or tv series of them floating in space looking for a planet to live in would be awesome.

john cusack's character was an asshole and his ex-wife is also an asshole to her husband. the husband is a good guy. he should have lived and raised the kids and cusack and ex-wife should have died horribly painful deaths.

I'm pretty sure I saw this movie on Syfy before

Like a dozen different versions of this movie

tbqh it's probably cheaper to just let people die and rebuild the infrastructure then to implement a global network of satellites to control the weather

i mean there has to be a better way to deal with rampant weather

Wow, those CG buildings. They didn't look like that in the movie right?

>i mean there has to be a better way to deal with rampant weather

yes, stop denying the science behind climate change and stop contributing to climate change

No-one gives a crap about disaster flicks fanymore. 2012 ruined them for everyone.

> most blatant shilling imaginable

I don't care what anyone says, disaster movies are my favorite go-to for comfy background viewing.

>abbie cornish a who...

The Day After Tomorrow meets 2012
looks fun

stfu disaster movies have been a thing forever

Me too froggy, me too
Also going because this reminds me of Red Alert 2, the most kino of RTSs

what is the best disaster movie?
i personally like volcano and deep impact

the road you nigger

This was a surprise gem for me. The end of the world isn't something humanity's desperately trying to stop or avoid. It's something that's coming that nobody can stop so everyone's just deciding how to spend their final days on earth.

Please don't tell me disaster movies are making a comeback.

they never left

>he hasn't heard stuffs like sharknado

>from the guys who saw 2012