What are your thoughts on the manchild epidemic?

What are your thoughts on the manchild epidemic?

It feels like it's being pushed more and more that it's okay for men in their 20s/30s not to grow up

Its not like women in their 20s/30s are very mature. They're fucking idiots

Correct but society doesn't allow pointing this out. It's not politically correct. When women are manchildren they are "lol so quirky and cute", it's a bonus for them, they score extra points.

Child stopped caring about cartoons and capeshit. Only way to make a profit with these childish properties is making the common consumer infantile manchildren.

Typical asian woman, didn't age at all in 22 years.

Why become a proper "man" when every woman has had fifty trains run on her and everyone in her postal code has seen her gash at the age of 21? There's no point in trying to create an attractive life because you won't be able to find what you want, you're only making the eventual "woman" that you stumble upon more comfortable.

That kid looks like he's about 8. So why was the comic artist shopping with his mom and harassing her to see Jurassic World when he was around 30? Pathetic

Yess.....grow up goy, grow up into debt and slavery EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE *devours foreskin*

It's very pathetic.

haha yes i am also an involuntary celibate

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
Pegg

>SW is for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike
Lucas

>SW created the big-budget comic book mentality, it ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood
Schrader

>A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities
Guinness

>I don't think they are making them an elevated art form, it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core
Cronenberg

>I don't want to see films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me
Friedkin

>They have been poison, this cultural genocide. The audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human
Iñárritu

>Spandex must cost a lot. I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it
Gibson

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States
Jodorowsky

>Superman Vs Spiderman, Iron Man Vs Superman... I can't believe people are still paying to see this shit
Verhoeven

>This embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception indicates a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence
A. Moore

>It's produced by humans who can't stand looking at other humans. And that's why the industry is full of otaku!
Miyazaki

Yes consume our childish crap forever goyim. Buy those avenger 3 and star wars 9 tickets you fucking cattle.

Pegg's opinion is irrelevant since he's part of the problem, he's an actual whore who makes a living out of being in geek shit. And he's a manchild himself.

>tfw didn't know there were more quotes

embarassing, but very typical. Try to shame instead of argue.

It's poisoning Hollywood and destroying film's credibility as an art form. But at the same time, can we really blame them? These are broken men who were born in a post-9/11 post-modernist world where they have no role models, no father figures, no one to guide them in how to be a man. They live in a world where nothing matters and everything is fucked

Which isn't because of society it's because of men, if men were bothered by women being immature then they wouldn't be, men are usually either apathetic or they like women being immature, so thus it doesn't stop.

I like how people try to turn "growing up" into "stop liking things". Always felt there was a level of immaturity to that mind set.

It's pretty easy to just ignore this shit but you chose not to because you need something to bitch about.

Ignore this all you want but you know it's true.

You fucking nobody

and you fucking reddit. get out

>let's just ignore the problem it'll go away eventually!
>problem is left untreated and snowballs to the point that it becomes unrepairable

People don't "grow up". That's always been a childhood myth.
Except now there's a bunch of faggots like you who think this is a recent phenomenon that is destroying society.

>It feels like it's being pushed more and more that it's okay for men in their 20s/30s not to grow up
There's no incentive to "grow up"

Women tried to kill marriage, succeeded, and are surprised that society is exactly like it was before marriage as a practice. Men sitting around wasting their energy. "Why fucking bother" is the modern man's normal state of mind

>ok here's a problem
>lets discuss it on the television section of a Taiwanese choreography forum, that'll change things

Post the CS LEWIS quote so we can laugh at you, Sup Forumsedditor

>the fall of our civilisation is because of [gender, class, generation]!
Fucking smoothbrains

>It's just about liking things
Wrong, the comic alone proves otherwise by the character's behaviour: shopping with mommy and autistically screeching over nostalgia-bait. These people live through their zombified childhood and rarely go beyond. I don't blame them though, the world is getting more and more "shut-in" friendly, better to stay indoors and watch bullshit until your bloated vessel gives up, than to actually deal with life. Escapism is no longer an evening with the family, but a 24/7 lifestyle.

This is like the part in Faherenheit 451 where the women talks about sitting her children on the couch, pressing the button that turns the wall TVs on, and just forgetting about them. She relates it to throwing clothes into a washing machine.

>defending manchildren
>rick and morty gif

Except they do. Childhood is supposed to be about play, which teaches how to interact socially and with your environment. As an animal matures it doesn't need to do this because it has learned how the world works. Now it can focus on reproduction and then it can die.

It's not about changing things its about presenting a case to better yourself.

yeah fucking grow up, at 30 and he cant buy tickets for himself. what a faggot.

wage slave detected

There's a difference between being in touch with your childhood, and letting your childhood encompass your adulthood.

The cartoonist is not the same as the adult who watches cartoons everyday.

Childhood is actually a social construct since it never existed prior to the outlawing of child labor. Children were always expected to work on the farm/factory etc prior to this. Childhood as a form of valuation is a response to the lack of economic value children now have.

Well, yeah. It's being pushed by the media because people will buy more of your shit over a longer period of time if they don't lose interest in it during their twenties.

Have you ever considered that maybe it's just you? All your picture shows us is a dude going to the movies with his mother, ita actually pretty cute. He could have his own children for all you know.

I came to the realization that this whole man child "epidemic" is actually not that much of an epidemic. The world has always been full of losers and it always will be, but I've seen plenty of people my age who have kids, decent jobs, their own living space, and still find time to play games.

Is this supposed to be bad.
>t.person who spends 100$ on mangas and work 6 days.

Literally every quote in this post is 100% accurate

This is why the "manchild epidemic" is a thing.

Nobody wants to tirelessly work, have a kid or two, then die. It's a fucking joyless existence.

At least older generations could buy a house after a few years and have something to their name. For most Westerners, that reality is about to disappear.

It's cringey as fuck but society is never going to be as good as it was before 9/11 ever again. Women are whoring themselves out younger and more often, economy keeps going to shit, houses that cost your parents 30-50k are now 100k, less jobs and more competition due to all the immigrants and their spawn willing to work for 1/3 of what you would.

It's not hard to see why millenials receed into this manchild state, not bothering to have kids, and rarely marrying. Not to mention they are fed constant fears of overpopulation, global warming, depleted resources, and much more. No sane parent would want to bring a child into a world like that and I'd wager if you parents knew how bad the world was going to be when they're gone and its only you left to carry the family tree, they'd think twice on putting you through hell as well.

Once again another case of projection. The dude who posted that picture could very well be a successful adult who happens to smoke dope and eat fruit loops.

If you're upset with your own life then go out and make positive changes instead of projecting your shit on to others

Where's the part where he fucks the mom?

How to deal with that probleme. How you personally deal with it. We learn from others.
And why its bad. This is important.

I agree, it's men's fault, ironically.

The picture depicts some who is at least 26 years old pestering their mother as they're shopping together to take him to a movie.

How you can even think that this person may have children is beyond me.

I wonder if Greeks were saying these sorts if things about their legends and heros.

They're spelled Froot Loops you swine

There's so much hypocrisy there, though

Forget about Pegg, Paul Verhoeven has to be one of the most juvenile directors who ever lived. Cronenberg's whole thing is DUDE EXPLODING HEADS LMAO and he saw fit to cameo in a fucking Jason Vorhees movie, and Jodorowsky is WAAAAY too fixated on human feces.

At least Guinness had the decency to admit he was in it for money

I think that's his wife, who he's made into a mother-like figure.

>this whole man child "epidemic" is actually not that much of an epidemic

In fuedal ages children used to play all day, and help the family with very simple tasks.
Its in the industreal age things gone to shit and child labor, a big factor is sudden increase in population and crowded city life.

Me and Many others, spent thier childhood watching tv, sleeping, studying.

He looked for a woman who looks exactly like his mom to marry then. Either way, if it IS his wife I'm sure the guy who made it doesn't even have a gf.

This. Your grandpa grew up watching westerns and probably acted like a child when the new John Wayne flick came out. Your great great great grandfather probably had a favorite author or musician that he geeked out over. My great grandfather who fought in WW2 had a bigger Lego collection than most kids. OP is just against liking things because that's the only thing he can do to feel like a man.

anything women do is celebrated

>it ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood
Oh yeah, the heart and soul that was and is infested with paedos like Polanski and maniacs like Kubrick. Wow such loss.

The agrarian serf lifestyle involved a tremendous amount of frantic backbreaking labor for the planting and harvest seasons and then a shitload of downtime

The average 14th century English peasant worked 150 days a year

>tfw married, own my own home and own my own successful business
>my mom didn't want me to move out when I did and would still prefer that I move back home and be a Chris Chan style manchild forever
>my little brother is in his mid-20s, has never had a job, or a drivers license, and just lives the same way he has since his preteen years, with my mom cooking for him and cleaning up after him and buying everything for him like he's five years old

My mom is weird.

KEK

>It's an OP hates fun thread

Why didn't you have a job and start a family at 18?
Why didn't you work in a factory at 12?
Why didn't you start a family at 12 like chimpanzees do?
Both culturally and biologically, humans have increasingly retained juvenile traits into adulthood.

That's what you see, maybe because you're currently living in a situation where you feel ashamed of your relationship with your parents. What I see is a cute cartoon that shows us no matter how old you get, you're still your parents child.

You assume he's begging her to take him to the movie, he might just be pointing to it excitedly. You assume she's going to have to pay for the tickets as well, he might be the one taking her out because he's since grown up and moved out.

I think literal autist. It's the exact same woman except with wrinkles to show age

The western economy is bubbling up like a massive fucking cauldron of destruction and the average person knows this subconsciously so they choose to destroy themselves first.
The peak point was probably somewhere in the 90s and now it's freefalling.

It's not YOUR problem, it's a problem of other people who you shouldn't care about. Why do you care about other people? Do you really think that if you forbid them to watch fucking cartoons or Marvel movies than they will Make America Great Again, develop cure for cancer of or some other shit? Let people kill themselves if they want to, stop caring about other people than you.

They sound pretty butthurt

"Waahh stop making films about comic books, it's childish and I don't like it waaah"

A lot of moms are like that, believe it or not, especially stay-at-home moms. It's called empty nest syndrome. They feel a great sense of soul crushing loss and lack of purpose when the kids grow up and leave.

this pretty much.

Why would I stop doing the few things that give me an ounce of joy in this world? I'm 25 and lived in a near constat state of decline in my adult life. Plus they're estimating another recession is coming within a year in my country and we'll all be fucked them as most people havn't recovered from the last yet.

dies your mom by any chance hate your dad.
Your mom wanted an eternal baby to feel young.
My grandma is 84 and still treats my 60 year old uncle like that, who still lives with her. tho she loves my grandpa alot. rip.

>tfw you fell for the "dont worry sweetie, you don't need a job/license/experience/house, just study hard and you get a job when you get a degree" mom

Growing up you dont think anything of it, but then you realize you were fed lies and getting out of this situation is harder than it should be. I got my license a couple years a go so at least that's something

>it's not YOUR problem
the actions of others have consequences not just for themselves but for others. I care that man children are choosing to go see the latest capeshit because they give the producers money, in turn ensuring that more capeshit is produced and films with substance and quality aren't

>Thinks he's redpilled
>He's actually bluepilled as fuck

its reddit so its a staged photo anyway

notice how it covers every base. cigarettes, weed, cereal, cartoons. maximum upvote potential.

Only 150 days!! wow they lucky.
But i know the work was hard. for adults. children all they did is play, and take the animals to graze.
My grandma lived like that. i know what am talking about.

Maybe you're just a retard approaching a webcomic with the same ambiguity as a Rothko painting

>dies your mom by any chance hate your dad.

She has his bizarre love-hate relationship with him. She loves him because he's her husband and she can't imagine living without him but she screams at him all the time and no matter what he does it's wrong and terrible in her eyes. Everything that ever goes wrong in her world is automatically his fault somehow.

The level of fedora in this thread is fucking astronomical

if you're complaining about manchild epidemic on Sup Forums, you're part of the problem

It's a good point

When growing up involves wage slavery then it's understandable why some wouldn't want to grow up.

Men enjoy the idea of a nerdy manchild gf, but you'll find that having one is a very different story. Just because they're girls doesn't mean they aren't just as insufferable and obnoxious as male manchildren once you get to know them.

>Taiwanese choreography forum
This meme was never funny.

>funedditor poster
Stay in your blade runner general

ah, if you didnt know,If women hate thier husband they raise his sons to be weak and dependent.

>tfw mommy never took me to the movies.

;_;

i am going to have as many children as i can

They're right to be concerned. Companies are only going to produce what people consume and then when all that's produced is garbage, people just want more and more garbage. Downward spiral. Everything will continue to get dumbed down until humanity destroys itself

>hating fun

Consider that generally, in developed nations, humans are living longer and longer each generation. And the retirement age goes up and up.
It seems only natural that the 'grow up' age would rise as well.
Rather than age, think of it as percentage. You spend the first 20% of your life without responsibilities, then the next 50% of your life in work, and the final 30% elderly.

Guinness was fucking based.

k

just a theory. wont think with it. This still needs to prove itself.

>he might just be pointing to it excitedly.
A 20 something is tugging at her shirt and pointing to it frantically like he did in the previous frame when he was a child. The artist put the two frames together because people without aspergers would be able to juxtapose them together.

>he might be the one taking her out because he's since grown up and moved out.
She's holding the groceries

Comic flicks became a thing in itself. There is no reason to believe that producers would spend more money on "good" movies or that "good" movies are need to have bigger budgets.

This is such a Sup Forums opinion. You're on fucking Sup Forums, we are manchild virgin central. Go back toreddit if you have a problem with it normalfags

You should see my dad chimp out about John Wayne and Lee Marvin movies.

Less good paying jobs since when entered the work force more and more. A man matures when he can proud of his job or at least make enough to support kids or even just himself.

>liking things is the same thing as tugging at your mother's arm while pointing at a theater and saying I WANNA SEE JURASSIC WORLD CAN I CAN I CAN I??????????

It's men who praise them for that. Stop doing it.

the irony of decrying infantalization here of all places
it's all true, but come on, this place is a major part of the problem

Is it really that hard to realize that's not his mom in the second frame?