DUDE, GENERATIONS AND COINCIDENCES!

>DUDE, GENERATIONS AND COINCIDENCES!

Did it really need 180 minutes for that? How does this have a 80% approval rate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_4Qp0UAOUU
youtube.com/watch?v=ew0TZk0DVks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's pretty much the minimum amount of time required for a film to be decent.

>Did it really need 180 minutes for that?
Nobody made you watch it, faggot. All three storylines were good

Fuck you faggot, that movie was 10/10 literal perfection.

One of the most bland and predictable movies I've ever seen. Only a capeshithole like Sup Forums or imdb could think this is anything special

I'm gonna get that tattoo by his eye, Sup Forums
Do you think the ladies will like it?

Yes user, you'll be drowning in pussy and dominating job interviews for the rest of your life

>My attention span allows me to only watch 90 minute long capeshit

2nd act should've gone in a different direction with the 3rd act being about what it truly means to be a father

Instead it's just some faggot going into a rage at a cop for the (as far as he would know) completely justified shooting of his bank robber father during a hostage situation

This has capeshit tier writing though

>capeshit lasts only 90mins

Are you retarded? Civil War alone was 2 and a half hours

You'd get it if you grew up without a father. Also, he probably wouldn't have done that if Cooper's wigger son hadn't betrayed his friendship. It was kind of just a confused act of "revenge" for a shitty life in general, which I think he basically realized when he couldn't go through with killing him. He was being kind of a faggot, and I don't think the writer meant it to be seen any other way

This.

OP is gay.

>as far as he would know
That's wrong though, when he's taking the cop's wallet he sees the photo of his dad, his mom and himself together smiling and presenting an image of a united family.
That combined with the heat of the moment made him believe that his father had been there for him since day 1 until his dying breath, which was not true.
Also the movie is about how disgrace follows some families around and how fortune follows others, not family nor fate or anything else.

white people scare me

>seriously defending this garbage
I see, most Europeans are asleep after all

Movie was Goskino actually.

Main reason I liked it is because it's rare for (((Hollywood))) to make genuine movies about fatherhood and father's connections with their sons in the modern day.

would have been a good film if they just split it between goslings character and then the cop that killed him. they ruined it by getting into the whole sons arc in the last 1/3rd of the movies

Has anyone seen pic related? Is it good?

I really like Cianfrance based on Blue Valentine and Place Beyond the Pines, and I like Fassbender, but somehow this movie completely went under my radar. Reviews look pretty lukewarm.

It'd be pointless without the last act, pleb

never seen anyone with this pleb of an opinion. literally the best scene in the entire film is luke's son going to see robin.

This movie is literally the plot of the Star Wars saga.

please the message at the end was so cliche and their part of the film was boring as hell. they should have come up with a better ending that didnt involve those kids. ruined what could have been a good film

I thought it was silly that Goose dies halfway through. Other than that the film was kino.

THIS

The shot of Luke's son riding his bike home from Robin's trailer that exactly mirrors Luke on his motorcycle from the beginning of the movie is one of my favorite scenes ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_4Qp0UAOUU

What was the "message," in your interpretation?

Halfway? More like 1/3 of the way in.

>"You're calling him back!"

masterpiece.

I didn't love the movie overall but that part where Goose and Eva Mendes' characters are rekindling their relationship and playing with their son and Mendes just keeps crying because she knows it's all doomed really got to me.

autistic wite boi finds shitskin single mother
falls in love
rinse and repeat for every single movie this dipshit has ever been in

I guess thats why his movies sell, women want to see this shit
Butthen why did they make sci-fi blade runner? Because women don't watch crap like that

>rinse and repeat for every single movie this dipshit has ever been in
that's only happened in one movie he was in unless you for some reason count Drive.

Except its his kid and he literally cucks a nigger by definition.

>BASED AUTISTIC GOSLING
>SAME CHARACTER IN EVERY MOVIE
>TIME TO FIND ANOTHER BEANER GF HAHAHA

What other movie does he cuck a nigger in?

This thread is disgusting and the weakest part is the corrupt cops being brought down.

t. woman or numale

that was the part with the strongest performances , and most of them were actual cops from the town they were filming

One day you can make a movie about a message you care about, OP. You just need to work for it instead of complaining on the internet.

>Ray Liotta
>actual cop

Being in Copland and Phoenix doesn't make you a cop and I mostly had problems with Cooper not them because I love Liotta. Cooper was better in the last bit imo.

found the roastie

WHY IS GOOSE SO FUCKING PERFECT RRRREEEEEEE

he looked so good in this movie goddamn

this song
youtube.com/watch?v=ew0TZk0DVks

It's more like 170-175 minutes you fucking pleb. I hope you can grow up one day because sometimes a movie's length is a strong suit because you enjoy it so much.

are you illiterate?

me on the bottom

t. hispanic single mother

>How does this have a 80% approval rate?

by 80% of people watching it liking it, you blithering idiot

the anger against OPs opinion means the flick must be shit, whatever the movie even is.

>80% of internet psychopath faggots reflects real life opinion

By this logic the original Blade Runner is the shittiest flick of all time given how worked up nostalgiafags get when you criticize it in any way.

its a grand scale tome on fatherhood which you dont see alot

>psychopath faggots

calm down, user. take a deep calming breath and gently kys.

>original Blade Runner is the shittiest flick of all time given how worked up nostalgiafags get when you criticize it in any way
how did you know my opinion?
are you one of the guys i constantly tell blade runner was always shit?
t. gredo

>The Place Beyond the Pines suggests three bad movies in one (The Bandit, the Cop and the Boys would be a better title) because Cianfrance, despite his artistic arrogance doesn‘t know how to cohere his overwrought ideas about class, ethnicity, crime, fate, love, parenthood. Fortunately, this week’s release of Criterion’s newly remastered version of Michael Powell’s 1943 The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp exemplifies the way a modern epic can evoke ideas about national character. Powell’s patriotic mythos and personal romanticism make a finer combination than Cianfrance’s reach for pessimism and profundity.

>In Colonel Blimp, Powell’s megalomania was perfectly matched with the subject of British jingoism personified by Roger Livesey’s military hero who is challenged by Anton Walbrook’s brother from another culture and Deborah Kerr’s three stages of Woman. One of the most ostentatiously idiosyncratic epics ever filmed, Colonel Blimp succeeds through expressive visual language. Cianfrance is burdened by indie amateurishness that tries passing for idiosyncrasy. Instead, his muted, inchoate technique highlights his actors then defeats them. Bradley Cooper as Hero Cop and Eva Mendes as Moto-Bandit’s ethnic babymama show strong emotion yet Cianfrance’s stock characterizations deprive them of moments that Walbrook and Kerr made meaningful and memorable.

>Cianfrance is hardly a psychological or atmospheric director. His style is not phantasmagorical like Powell’s, just nihilistic melodrama and dark realism; part Christopher Nolan, part James Gray–the wrong parts. He makes the film’s events oddly telescoped, predictable and pointless. It takes chutzpah to attempt a modern epic when one’s methods are so puny.

You said most and I didn't specify in the first place who I thought was weak in that part so I just wanted to say O thought Cooper was weak in that part.

>How does this have a 80% approval rate?
ganso de bebé

>Pessimism

Armond's buzzword. He can be a valuable opinion sometimes, but he blindly hates ANYTHING he considers A) "Post 9/11" or B) "Nihilistic" C) "Pessimistic or D) Nolanesque.

TPBtP is great.

Its shit you're arguing with redditors who would suck his asshole

>gredo
>google result Gargaar Relief And Development Organization

a-are you ok, user? did you just have a stroke? calm down, user. talk a deep calming breathe and gently carefully kys.

As good as it is there's no denying the first act is vastly better than the subsequent two and would have made it's own great film.

The first third was fucking amazing but it turns really shitty after a twist.

>mfw watching this stupid movie

Coincidence? People don't always move away from their hometown.

>tfw no qt latina gf

It's great. The ending is shit, though, and VERY sad.

What is this from, and why does this happen in whatever movie it's actually from? Been seeing this posted occasionally for years now and still no idea on the sauce.

Why do people out themselves as plebs so readily.

how did no one do this yet