Why doesn't Superman try to bring back Krypton? And why is it that only bad guys, and not heroes...

Why doesn't Superman try to bring back Krypton? And why is it that only bad guys, and not heroes, try or succeed at doing so?

KRYPTON HAD ITS CHANCE

I don't think Superman should commit acts of necromancy

What would be the point? They already died. Their whole society failed.

How would he even go about doing that?

He does just that in DC One Million.

He has, a few times. It never works out well.

Because Krypton was a dormant Superpower.

The Kryptonians are basically unstoppable in number, especially with their technology. With it, they can probably cure Kryptonite, create armour with portable micro suns inside, plus Kryptonian Warships being OP. And there are Trillions of them.

The GLC has 7200 Green Lanterns, and thats enough to dominate most of the Galaxy through force. The only powers that could stand against them were the Martians, and the Kryptonians.

The Guardians, being space Jews, crippled the Martians with fear of Fire, and the Kryptoians with a isolationist ideology.

If the Kryptonians returned, they would learn from the mistake that cost them the destruction of Krypton in the first place and spread out. Suddenly, the universe's balance of power is completely shattered. No one can stand against Krypton. They have ridiculous technology and ridiculous power. If 7200 GLs is enough to keep the universe in check, what is several trillion Kryptonians of similar power going to do?

He did in the legion of superheroes

He's just playing the long con. He knows that if Kryptonians try to take over suddenly Earth's supers would be all over them and it'll be a mess. If he wait's a though....

Well with Kandor in the old comics they eventually found a way to restore it to normal size. I don't think anything really happened with it after til COIE. Post-Crisis Kandor they made a planet on the other side of the sun, then Luthor turned it red and killed every single one of them. Status-quo always wins out.

is the New Krypton storyline any good?

it's pretty good. not like super amazing but fun.

What do you mean by "bring back krypton"?
I mean I know people in comics come back from the dead all the time but an entire planet?

What about other planets with red suns?

It's happened like twice before and the results have never been good.
Thrice if you want to count DK3.

If you had galaxy-crossing technology that enabled you to relocate onto any world you want, WHY would you pick one where the sun's radiation doesn't give you superpowers?

turn the red sub yellow

>not just blowing the sun up

>kryptonians are dicks
>daxamites are dicks

Is it some kind of genetic thing that compels them to be dicks?

That's when the superior technology comes in .

Kryptonians are the master race, but Superman loves the slavs and jews more, so the master race needs to be suppressed.

Muh humanity

No, avoid it like plague.

Up until Johns gets bored and leaves and Robinson has to somehow pick up the pieces.

>he says this but supes has brought back several people from the dead including Lois

Yes, actually.

why do you ask such snore-fest questions user? clearly you spergish intelect can come up with better thought provoking one liners than anything super jesus can pose?

New Krypton arc was pretty cool except the ending, but it was always going to be incredibly predictable. If only it happened right before New 52 when we knew the universe was going to reboot, could have been Post Crisis Clark's final story and redemption of his people. But no, we got walking.

I really want to see this as an elseworlds. Instead of Krypton self destructing, Jor-El manages to stabilise the core instead, but not after huge tectonic movement devastates the surface.

Krypton and its society is split by those who wish to remain as isolationists on one planet, and those that wish to spread to other systems for safeties sake. Que an attact by the Reach (secretly supported by the Guardians of Oa, who see the Kryptonian resurgence as a threat to Universal stability).

Krypton responds and utterly devastates the Reach Empire within a few days, basically upending the status quo of the galaxy. Krypton realises that they can't be the isolationists they once were, expand to secure themselves. Then you have the story evolves as Krypton struggles with the GLC turning into the Green Lantern Army, trying to secure the future of the Kryptonian race, basically enforcing imperial peace within the realm, bringing prosperity and post-scarcity culture at the cost of loyalty.

Would be interesting I think, with Kal-El growing up as a respected soldier/scientist within the Kryptonian hierarchy.

>no story where rao is replaced by a resurrected pa kent to teach the kryptonians humility

New Krypton is heart breaking in how much potential it had.

Old Superman had a whole city of kryptonians in a bottle from where the odd support character would pop out of. They were very much safe.

Otherwise, it's the same situation as modern Doctor Who, they don't want to drop their
last ____ of ____" line.

Because even if he had the means to bring back Krypton in a way that wiuld jave no ill effects on other planets/life forms the Kryptonian people didn't doe by accident, they made chooces that led to their destruction and had plenty of chances to fix things in one form or another and didn't and there's no telling what would happen if they got a second chance

He literally did just that in the Silver Age. Look up Rokyn.

He sort of did that in All-Star Superman. The Kandorians made a tiny little colony on another planet like a micro sized Rokyn.

When he goes full god in DC 1 million he brings EVERYTHING back to life including Krypton and creates a paradise dimension.

So there's three continuities where he does try and succeed.

It doesn't happen a lot because being locked into one "main" continuity means writers will always bow to a general status quo. Look at New Krypton, so much potential wasted just to bring back a status quo. Krypton has also had a bad rep as a planet of isolationist science assholes sense Byrne. In the Silver Age it was the lost mother country in Superman's immigrant metaphor. Post-Byrne it was isolated science asshole land.

>Pre-Crisis Superman Books

Krypton was awesome, I'm sure our readers would like it if we created a city out of resized Kandorians and Argo City survivors. Kara and Kal could visit their extended family on holidays!

>Post-Crisis Superman Books

Kal is Clark. Krypton deserved to die. We 100 percent human now, he was even born an Earthling because of the birthing matrix.

The space immigrant part of Superman really got plowed under post-crisis.

I genuinely think it would be a stalemate. Remember it took the entire GLC of 3600 pre-parallax to keep the reach in check. Their tech is enough to keep the likes of say monguls in check if you remember the UK cartoon.

They also have the same vulnerability to magic. Add 7200 GLC memberships time and it will be something similar. Also let's not forget this is post lethal force enabled. GL are underestimated herefam.

Funky thing is, that by being a planet of isolationists, status quo isn't much affected by their planet existing. Since they won't be motivated to fuck with other's shit. So, there's no reason for their allergy to it.

Alt universe where Kryptonians are the space cops instead of lanterns when?

>Reciting their oath while charging up at yellow stars
>Running low on power when operating in bumfuck nowhere
>Their output tied to their will
Shit writes itself.

Did you not read this part?
>create armour with portable micro suns inside
Imagine Superboy Prime's armor, but better.

That technology is obviously beyond the reach of kryptonians, otherwise it would have been commonplace from the start.

While it tends to vary from writer to writer typically red suns do not actively de-power Kyrptionians the way kyptonite does, it just simply not empower them.

For example if Superman flew to a system with a red sun he would still have power but his reserves would be limited and even if he did not do anything like fly, use heat or x-ray vision, or strain himself from the moment he touched down he would eventually lose his powers just from his body metabolizing the yellow sun energy since he can't turn super strength and super durability off.

>Bringing the solar light to the darkest corners of the universe

>Oans are a lost that died in a civil war over what color the power battery should be. The last rings in the universe find their way to Earth. Science officer Kal-El along with his hotshot cousin Kara Zor-El and his faithful dog Krypto travel to the backwater planet of Earth to recover the rings which are attracted by the Starheart artifact in the possession of a retired Alan Scott Green Lantern.

This would be a swell universe. You'd have the old guard JSA and the Kryton Cops try riding herd on a new generation of Lantern heroes.

The Guardians traditionally do not like magic and even tried to wipe it out at least once. Should Krypton suddenly come back and became a universal threat do you think they would look into using magic against them?

I always wondered why Superman doesn't try learning a little magic. He'd probably be really good at it going by how Supermen tend to be more aware than others of the vibrational reality of the multiverse.

>would they use magic

Probably not. The reason magic works on Superman is the reason it works on everyone else-magic in DC is OP as all fuck. In JLA/Avengers Wanda nearly explodes when she taps into DC magics.

The rock of Eternity is the center and heart of the multiverse for a reason. In Marvel magic is a force. In DC it is imagination. It is thaumaturgy. It is miracles.

The Guardians won't tap into magic unless they're facing death itself. They know from the Starheart how dangerous and chaotic it can be and they know from Krona and the Manhunters not to try playing god.

don't you have better shit to do

I thought this sentence was way worse than the neck snap.

Kryptonians killed themselves with their shit xenophobia and reluctance to maintain a competent space program. What would be the point?

>the galaxy falls under Kryptonian rule
>red stars become isolated pockets of resistance
>must fight against Kryptonian plots to destroy the stars

Holy shit yes.

Seriously what the fuck Kal-El? In light of the "20th century immigrant to America" metaphor this line is garbage. "Italy had its chance". "Germany had its chance". "China had its chance." It's just a really heartless thing to say about your motherland, even in the context of saving it to a Genocidal madman you're fghting.

If they really wanted to they could just snipe those solar systems with space rocks until everything died.

>Shit xenophobia

Go to back to jerking off to She-Hulk Byrne.

Didn't Krypton have an unstable core and was destined to blow up long before any life developed on there? That's like if a country got wiped out by a meteor, something the people, government, etc of that country had no control over, and when an immigrant that escaped the country's destruction got a chance to bring it back just went "MY COUNTRY HAD ITS CHANCE". Was there any reason they couldn't just use Mars or Venus or some planet in another system entirely?

>Was there any reason they couldn't just use Mars or Venus or some planet in another system entirely?
Krypton society was deliberately isolationist and politicians kept going on about how the planet blowing up was a crackpot theory.

>Was there any reason?

It alternates from "they didn't see it coming" to "No one believed Superman's daddy".

Still, its a cold as fuck thing to say. A lot of countries back in the 20th century were devastated by stuff they had no control over from invasions to famine to disease and when they came over to America they didn't go MY COUNTRY HAD ITS CHANCE and abandon their roots. The "good immigrant" story is about a guy that integrates into American society while still preserving their cultural identity. It's about being Clark Kent and Kal-El and finding a balance.

The line is not so bad in context (he's saying it to Zod) but its still a pretty venomous thing to say. German immigrants didn't all go "fuck Germany", Chinese immigrants didn't all go "fuck China".

A better line would have been something like "Your Krypton is not the Krypton of my father" or something like that.

It's closer to 'The Roman Empire had it's chance'.

Fuck off Dumbass Ahedratron

I shook my head in the theater at that. Killing Zod was fine with me.

Not in 'Man of Steel'. The Kryptonians began harvesting the planets core to replenish their energy reserves, destabilized the core to such a dgree that it imploded and refused to belive Jor-El until it was to late. And the point in the film is that Krypton represents a possible future for Earth. Zod is merely accelerating what is already happening in the world and Superman Is here to hopefully prevent that future from occuring.

As Lara said: 'Build a better world than ours, Kal.'

There's a reason Snyder references both 'Terminator 2' and 'The Matrix' in the film.

Og course trying to explain any of this to fucking comicbook nerds is laike talking to a very stupid wall so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering.

>Talking to a very stupid wall

Well I personally don't like Krypton to represent a potential doomsday future for Earth. I like Krypton to be a lost paradise, something Superman can find pride in being a continuation. I like it to be a legacy of strength he can draw from, not something he associates death and destruction and arrogance with.

I liked it when people got excited whenever Superman talked about Krypton o showed them something form Krypton in the comics. If he talks about it in the movie universe people would probably start shaking and have flashbacks to Zod wrecking Metropolis.

>There's a reason Snyder references

You think Camelot or the Greek Golden Age of Men would be better things to associate Krypton with then futures where humanity is raped by robots.

That genocidal xenophobe will never be my Superman.

>The Guardians, being space Jews, crippled the Martians with fear of Fire, and the Kryptoians with a isolationist ideology.

Sauce?

Dragon Balls operate on a one year limit desu.

Young Justice cartoon* fuck autocorrect

Possibly if it helps when the odds are against them. This is the same species that took on the manhunters single handedly and confined them to one space. The same species that defeated and trapped a blood magic powered inversions who were basically Cthulhu-esque beings before John's retcon. Gaurdians alone are crazy powerful. That's why they freak out if one of them dies.