The Boys (story time?)

Why was this so great?

Will post until I find something better to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/the-boys-omnibus-v1-002-2012/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

These first few pages are whatever.

Real front page.

All right, no more bullshit.

Spoiler: bad things are about to happen.

Some user was awesome enough to post the whole thing in the summer.
I read it like I needed it to live.
It was amazing. I don't think I've ever experienced so much raw emotion with a book as I did with Becky's diary in Butcher's mini.
Definitely recomend this to anyone who's wondering whether to start it.
If you're dissing it jus because Ennis="edgy", you're really missing out.

Poor guy.

I know it would be a massive undertaking, but I would super appreciate it if you posted it to completion. Ennis has thoughts on Superheroes and uses the boys as a vehicle for his thoughts. Sure he's cynical, but there is a surprising amount of heart sandwiched in between the extreme sex and violence.

Poor Hughie....

I'm not going to pretend that I'm going to post everything in one sitting, but maybe it will happen, eventually.

That's what I meant. Currently I'm working my way through posting the Dark Tower series with a thread every night and I would love to read something while I'm doing that.

>Why was this so great?
It wasn't. It was teenage edgelord trash, and you should have grown out of it by now.

I feel genuinely sorry for him.

Stick to your steven universe threads, sunshine.

This guy is my favourite character of the whole series. He reminds me of myself.

Not OP but I really don't think The Boys was Ennis "official" statement against superheros.

We all know he doesn't like them but "All superheros are either mentally retarded or selfish dicks for no reason at all" is too forced to be anything other than a simple premise for this book and it would be rather childish if it was indeed his actual point of view.

I just think he wanted to take a playful jab and have fun by reducing his problems with capes to the absurd. There's no actual reasoning in this book that might lead you, as a reader, to reject capes, other than the basic premise.

You are the one who should grow past buzzwords, m8. It's a good story, regardless how extreme the violence (which by the way I don't find exagerated, but rather fitting to the tone)

>Becky's diary

When it got to the end, I perfectly remember how I whined "oh god!" as I burst in tears, and literally had to put the book down and take a break for about 20 minutes. with a drink.

With that, I conclude the first issue.

That's all for tonight, folks.

Ha ha.

We return to our friends in the park.

I really don't get the hype. I just finished the Not-X-Men arc and the book just isn't nearly as good as you fucks say it is. I honestly don't have any desire to read any further. The main protag is boring and the Butcher is your typical Ennis self-insert. It just seems like a vessel for Ennis to vent his dislike for capes.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>dat tweest tho

rip

fuuuuuck i'd really like to see more.

I think the problem with a lot of edgy writers is that they rarely have the talent to do more than be edgy. Ennis regularly puts edgy stuff in his comics but he actually has the writing chops to create well-rounded characters and an interesting story.

God, I forgot how bad the art was in the earlier issues.

more! more! more!

bump

wow are we really doing this? hopefully there is more, thanks OP

Oh, gosh, no. The Wondygal expy is so offensively pathetic.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by it, i expected it to be just edgy trash, and while it was rather edgy it had some great characters, and an interesting plot.
Also is really more of a jab at comics industry, than superheroes themselves.

I still remember laughing from the scooby doo jokes in wee Hughie's mini.

Boop

Thanks for the storytime OP.
I storytime the whole thing last summer and it was fun and I'm definitely up for reading it again.

Can you storytime the Z-Men story, or at least that page there the 2 teams confront each other before the funeral?

Now, there was really no call for showing us that...

i liked uber better for it's interpretation of a scienced up super personally

Ennis is a edgy fuck but the boys may be one of my favorite comic series of all time.

The only thing I don't like about the series is how much of a mary sue Butcher can be.

did he died?

oh jesus

Mary Sue isn't the right term, but him being hyper competent does get a it annoying sometimes.

viewcomic.com/the-boys-omnibus-v1-002-2012/
there you go

thanks op i stoped reading the book some time ago it will be good to catch up with yall

This