How come people like to shit all over this character? Is this just because he is black...

How come people like to shit all over this character? Is this just because he is black? His character doesn't seem that horrible or overpowered like Rey. The trailer for Episode VIII makes it look like he has a larger more important role in the story and he looks pretty badass doing it. Yet his action figures always remain unsold at most stores. Why do hate Finn so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's mostly just Sup Forums retards that hate this character for no other reasons except that he is hurr black.

There are still toys on the shelves of stores because Disney and Hasbro ordered too fucking many of them and now nobody wants duplicates of the same character.

I like Finn.

I don't like him but you have to take in consideration that I don't really like a single character in the new star wars movie. Kylor ren was a weak okay I guess.

Speak English.

He's a good character, but nobody wants a fucking action figure of him. Action figures are generally sold to kids. Most kids don't recognize quality and only see a chump that got his ass handed to him over and over again.

>bix nood i caint kill pipo its too traumatizing
>WOOOOO BURN IN HELL MY COMRADES I WAS RAISED FROM BIRTH WITH

He's painfully ugly and the actor is a hypocritical racist sack of shit.

literally useless. His only purpose was to misdirect the audience and make them think he was the chosen Jedi when it was Rey

no he is useless they should kill him off

He looks like a fucking gorilla.

We proud white men are sick of all this shoe-horned diversity.

>Biiiihhhhh

What is wrong with my people, Sup Forums?

>person kidnapped as a child and raised as a soldier in an autocratic empire
>decides to break free
Ok sounds good
>turns into a memeing yahoo jokester loser
Shit character

The movie just sucked overall, this character included. Boyega's all right, the only other movie I've seen him in was "Attack the Block" and he was great in that.

A lot of people definitely shit on this character for racist reasons. But I also think that people were reacting against the slimy, self-congratulatory way Disney & Abrams presented his casting as some glorious act of progressivism, as if we've never seen a black person in a "Star Wars" movie before. I don't think you have to be a racist to see the dishonesty in that smug bullshit.

*heavily pants for half the movie*

His backstory doesn't fit his character at all. I'm fine with a plucky comic relief character, but he's a former stormtrooper who went AWOL. He should be fucked up from living his whole life for an evil organization and now having to fight the people who he grew up with and knows are brainwashed. Instead, he just blows them away with not a care in the world and acts nothing like a former military soldier. Having a rogue stormtrooper could've been a great way to see things from a different perspective, but they blew it

I also didn't find him that funny, but that's a subjective thing

All TFA characters suck dick OP

Lando was a great character and he was black, this nigger uses his blackness for his character like that alone is a quality.

That porch monkeys slapstick routine got old real quick. Plus you being a nigger lover doesnt make you better than anybody else. Man it feels good to win. youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw

I thought he was likeable enough, but they really botched his backstory. For supposedly being a stormtrooper most of his life, he shows zero remorse or even hesitation at gunning down his former comrades. Probably just JJ Abram's sloppy directing though.

This

His jokes were bad but he shouldnt have been making them in the first place, he should have been an ornery former soldier having an inner struggle and we should have seen him faulter when he had to kill another stormtrooper and showing mercy, he had empathy for his pal that died in the beginning and for the people they were killing what happened to that?

He's fucking annoying. I refuse to believe anyone on this board actually likes this guy, or any character in TFA for that matter. Even Adam Driver is reduced to an edgy teenager, and it was fucking terrible. Neither of them are as bad as Daisy Ridley though.

Also, Boyega is a racist irl.

He doesn't act like a Star Wars character, but more like a black character that was taken from another movie and thrown in Star Wars.

>another reddit thread whining about pol
holy fuck you have like 10 other ones you stupid little cucks shut the fuck up already youre like nagging women

see

I don't like his personality. People compare him to Jar Jar Binks, sometimes as a racist joke, but really Finn is much like a cross between Jar Jar and the ROTJ version of Han Solo. He's too goofy, too useless, and overall unnecessary. He has no charisma in his mannerisms, or the way he speaks in the way classic Han Solo does. He doesn't have the naive, innocent enthusiasm of Luke. He doesn't have the wit of Leia.
The only thing he does is cause the First Order to attack Rey, which they would have done anyway because they wanted BB8. In fact, BB8 probably could have guided Rey & Co to the shield room on the Death Starkiller.
tl;dr he's neither cool, funny, nor useful. The only good thing about him is his jacket, which is Poe's anyway

badly written
mediocre acting
useless/boring character

I don't hate him, but there is no reason to like him.
Same could be said about EVERY character in TFA and RO.
They even fucked up Donnie Yens character and i disliked him, which takes some effort.

Yep. The stores are restocking new shit now, but they're bringing out the old unsold Finn figures too.
I legit feel like they may have burned the Rey ones though. Or some order came down to never put the unsold stock of the female figures back out, ever.

Those new stylized classic Hoth Leia figures are out though. I can see girls wanting those.

His entire character is "George Lucas' pet nigger".

>begins film questioning killing
>gleefully kills his comrades about 10 minutes later escaping with Poe

Yeah, this. Kylo was the only character in the Force Awakens with anything approaching an interesting character. Finn's character development all but ends after the Republic homeworld is destroyed, and Rey is dull and over-acted.

It's literally because everyone is racist
Like said except it's not because people own the figures. It's people don't like niggers. This is entirely natural.
Why do you think Boyega was removed from all the Chinese posters?
Blacks aren't marketable, and the US has to force it on everyone out of sheer empathy.
If it wasn't for equal opportunity/affirmative action/race quotas/social justice the US media would probably have racial demographics from the early 1900's. Which is funny because then media would be MORE popular in Asian countries.

No one naturally likes niggers; no one wants to see niggers. The sooner you realize this the less you'll be confused when people are subconsciously racist.

This. His acting wasn't great, but the writing for his character was just nonsensical.
He goes from being a distraught battle survivor who turns on the organization he worked for, in the first scene, to an oddly modern-acting comedy relief sidekick with speech patterns that wouldn't be out of place in today's London, in the rest of the movie. It's jarring.

Ironically he probably would have sold more toys if they associated him with his stormtrooper backstory more. But they turned him into generic black comic relief sidekick.

Finally. I've found people who understand my disdain for Finn.

Learn English.

>Is this just because he is black?

yyyyep