There are anons on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think that Treasure Planet was the greatest movie of the Disney...

>There are anons on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think that Treasure Planet was the greatest movie of the Disney Renaissance.

Other urls found in this thread:

disneyfan-01.deviantart.com/gallery/4667724/Silver-and-Marina
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
youtube.com/watch?v=hlzH9GJgoHY
youtube.com/watch?v=qAt9ovvKgCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wished for more background story about Long John Silver Smile, he was a very interesting character in the movie.

needed to be longer and have some more good guy redshirts to die like in the book

It was very obviously Tarzam.

That really robbed it on tension. The entire crew was pretty much pirates. It should have been half and half.

BUT THAT'S NOT (OTHER MOVIE I LIKED), YOU ARE OBJECTIVELY LITERALLY WRONG, OP.

The entire last third of the film is mediocre at best and garbage at worse. Don't kid yourself

THIS, tbhf

>ywn have his cool arm

one user will

seriously though I can't see this movie anymore without thinking of him

?

I don't have the screencap but there's one user here who duct tapes shit like pens and razor blades and spoons to his arm and hand every day in an effort to emulate Long John here.

I don't think it even came out during what's considered the Renaissance.

Still haven't seen it.

This was one of the biggest box office bombs of all time and was a leading factor in the death of 2D theatrical animation.

Primarily because it was yet another adaption of a story that's been told a million times before and, really, the film goes completely downhill the second B.E.N. shows up.

>not loving B.E.N.

>Still haven't seen it.
What's stopping you? It's on Netlfix

That's not Aladdin, Lion King, Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, or Lilo and Stitch fucknuts.

Though TP is high on the list though. Moreso than Frozen and most of the recent films.

>Treasure Planet was the greatest movie of the Disney Renaissance.

Pfft, it wasn't even the best Disney version of Treasure Island during that period, let alone the best animated film.

that was shit tho

He was obnoxious, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of more annoying sidekicks out there. Other then him the movie was good though.

Sucks that the "experimental" era of Disney films like Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, and Brother Bear, Meet The Robinsons (Fuck Home on The Range and fuck Chicken Little.) is long gone. Though at least Zootopia felt kinda in the same vein.

>MFW a Treasure Planet world is now highly likely to make it's long-awaited Kingdom Hearts debut in 3 due to a model of the ship being found in the 3DS game's data and one of the producers Squenix is working with having worked on it.

Or at the least it'll be a DLC world with all the other B-List and Dark Age films.

Totally not some guy who taped a bunch of stuff at his desk to his hand 5 minutes ago.

Eh, I've seen worse.

that's the beauty of it. Either that's exactly what happened, which is still an extremely autistic waste of time just for some fake internet kudos, or he was telling the truth and he's dangerously retarded in real life. Both scenarios are very dumb and very funny

>Talking shit
Bend over, fuckboy

Literally what?

Let's be honest, that guy is really the only reason we have these threads. That and the creepy chick who draws her self insert banging the dog man.

>that thread again

I remember this thread.

disneyfan-01.deviantart.com/gallery/4667724/Silver-and-Marina

To me, it's way way too obvious that the film was stuck in development hell too long. Off the top of my head, I've read about how they changed the captain's hair color late in production for no reason, and so they scrapped a bunch of her scenes & reworked all the others. In the end, she lost a lot of the character development they planned for her, and it really shows, if you're paying any attention.

When I try watching it, the whole film just feels patched together from a bunch of different drafts, and I sure as shit can't care about its characters.

>Loving some guy's unfunny, dimestore Robin Williams impression

This one?

It's really not. It's amazing how shit some people's tastes are.

i love how "experimental" zootopia was

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

Christ almighty.

Silver was such a great character. I wish we got that sequel just so we could see more of him.

can you not rread?

But it wasn't a part of the Renaissance at all. It's a product of the Experimental Era. The Renaissance ended with Tarzan.

Apparently there was a PC sequel to the movie and there might be a TP world in Kingdom Hearts 3. Also I'm pretty sure the voice actor would be very easy for Squenix to get.

>we'll never see a Disney-quality 2D animated movie in theaters ever again

This. Feels like shit, man.

I freaking LOVE the movie before B.E.N. shows up. I still like it well enough, but he's such a last minute comedic sidekick that the movie just didn't need at all. I wouldn't even say I hate him, but he's just so much less interesting than the rest of the movie, it's an obvious lowpoint.

Some Disney movies never have moments as good as Treasure Planet, yet end up better movies because they don't have such a jarring and pointless character edition so into them.

dont loose hope, guys, in 10 years, 2D will be rediscovered.

it needs trained people with passion though

I have all of the passion but none of the skill and a solid movie idea but that shit won't make anything happen.

I still have hope. I think it'll happen eventually just for the pure sake of novelty when they run out of other things to try. I'm not naive enough to wait around for it to happen any time soon though. I think it could take decades, maybe. Twenty years, thirty years. But I'm confident it's coming hopefully before I die. And if not exactly 2D as we knew it, something very much like it.

you need money.

Brave Little Toaster Kingdom Hearts when?

Does Disney even own that movie?

Or at least a nice contract from a movie studio. Maybe Cuphead can reignite some interest in 2D animation when it's released this year.

>indie game saving 2d

i'd rather bet on the Barney movie coming this year.

wel have Big Bad Fox too.

The fuck? Who would've ever greenlit that?

I said "reignite interest", not "save from death". It's also worth noting that the only reason Cuphead garnered so much attention to begin with was because of its hand-drawn animations. While it will indeed take more than 1 indie game to properly revive traditional hand-drawn animation, Cuphead is definitely a step in the right direction towards making that happen.

Pretty dark for a kids movie. They should've left it in.

The Good Dinosaur was pretty dark for a kid's movie too, but that didn't make it a good film.

someone at disney had either very big balls or very small brain thinking it'll fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

They kept a lot of that one scene, though, and just replaced Nick with Duke and scaled down a little on the kaiju level of destruction.

She is probably the cutest animated character I have ever seen in my entire degenerate, miserable life

you could play a guessing game which scene or element from deleted scene was used in the final movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=hlzH9GJgoHY

I think the problem is that unless the game gets big, it'll just be seen as a novelty, or worse, a gimmick. As it is the game itself doesn't really look that great, with the animation being really the only thing at all noteworthy. They seem to have put the animation first and the game design second.

atlantis and treasure planets are the greatests fight me over it faggots

Oh, this is hard. Muppets vs Planet I can't decide.

Fuck. Just...fuuuuck.

The main plot was like that for a really long time and they had to really overhaul the film late in the production cycle because of it.

People kept watching it and just couldn't think of a reason for Nick and Judy to just not abandon Zootopia as being irredeemable after she took his collar off.

>tfw your dad will never say you have the makings of greatness in you

also: nearly every deleted scene portrayed predators as different kind of minority.Disney shown its true face.

is this some kike thing or a BDSM thing

I loved treasure planet and Atlantis.
I once came across a girl on tinder who likened herself to Milo Thatch.
I hope we match so I can tell her that if she's milo, I must be Mole because I'm a dirty, dirty boy.

i didnt know about the shock collars before too, apparently they're used on dogs.

in short: zootopia was a dystopian city, the name was ironic, makers of the movie went to africa, found out prey outnumber predators 10 to 1, so they thought "oh, dangerous minorities! just like in real life!BLM!Biases! Lets make movie about that!" then they watched some documentary about racism where kids were pretending,one group wore collars and took the idea from there.

as mentioned, the movie was like 40% done (rendered and everything) but they couldnt figure out the happy ending, they asked Pixar for advice and these guys facepalmed when they saw it.

It's like Kingdom of the Sun/Emperor's New groove all over again.

>emperor new groove

what do you mean ? was emperor new groove supposed to be serious/dark at first ?

it was supposed to be epic musical with pocahontas like story, they couldnt quite figure out the story too, and exec told them the movie needed to be more funny. there's a documentary on that called"sweatbox"

Zootopia have its own documentary too "imagining zootopia" (it's on youtube) , just like ENG that was end of the disney renaissance, Zootopia is the end of the revival era.
Now it's time for sequels.

Yes. There was a documentary out called The Sweatbox, which was produced at the time because back when Sting was asked to do the music for the originally planned film "Kingdom of the Sun," his wife wanted to do a documentary about him doing the songwriting. But it later turned into a documentary about the making of the movie itself, when a significant way into production the producers decided that things weren't working out and they had to scrap everything they had and start over in an entirely new direction. Sting's music was unfortunately mostly cut. Kingdom of the Sun was going to be a more traditional more dramatic and less comedic Disney film resembling the rest of the renaissance movies. It had an entirely different plot, a couple different characters (including I think two female love interests), more traditional Disney artstyle, and more songs.

Here's a bit that has some of Yzma's villain song:
youtube.com/watch?v=qAt9ovvKgCU

It was originally going to be a Princess and the Pauper deal with Kuzco and Pacha being identical and switching places. Yzma plans to destroy the Sun since that'll let her roll back time and make herself young again.

She finds out about the switch and turns Kuzco into a llama.

Don't forget the part about Kuzco (whose name back then was Manco) trying to return home with the aid of a llama shepherdess he probably ends up falling in love with. And meanwhile Pacha and Manco's fiance fall in love with eachother, but the fiance thinks Pacha is Manco, and Pacha has to fight with his feelings of guilt for pretending to be something he's not to the woman he's fallen in love with, and can't help but wonder if she'd still love him if she knew he was a pauper. So Pacha used to be pretty much Aladdin. And Yzma used to have a little stone idol as her comedic henchman and she was going to make a deal with some chaos god of darkness in exchange for power and take over the kingdom somehow.

There was really too much going on and it's kinda understandable why they decided to redo it.

>no songs
>no "princess"
>no classic disney vibe

It ended with Mulan, OP.

Treasure Planet is part of a transitional "lets try something else" phase that started with Tarzan.

mind you i'm not saying Tarzan is bad, it's actually pretty underrated - like Treasure Planet.

meanwhile in proto-zootopia predators were second class citizens, indoctrinated as children that collars were something good, meanwhile they made them defenseless against any kind of oppresion, they had shitty jobs and had problems getting loans (anti-sodomy laws against gays) .
they wore collars that were shaming them (jewish yellow badge), if they tried to remove them there was a boar commando that eliminated them

nick opened a secret themepark for "chompers" where they could do their "predatory instincts" ("chomper" is equivalent of a "nigger" word) - and the whole people would imply that black people need their own space to do their own black thing,

Hopps was a a seasoned officer, more of a cynic, being well-experienced and no-nonsense.Furthermore, she was more of an outcast in earlier drafts; bunnies were typically an impersonal race that worked as phone operators. The number of rabbits were also emphasized (dramatically so) to further Judy's loss of identity amongst her own crowd—this would have been acknowledged, as her own father was unable to distinctly identify her.

they wanted to upset so many people.

I don't understand why you people made such a big deal about that thread

It was just a scene showing that Koslov,mob boss, who was giving Nick a hard time, is actually a caring father.
I don't understand why people are reacting like that.

Every deleted scene makes me either cringe, upsets or depressed me.This one was no different, i mean why they were so fixated on making that movie as unpleasant as possible?

DARKER!

DARKER!

MAKE IT SO DARK THAT IT STANDS OUT IN THE SEA OF 2000s BIG BUDGET ANIMATION MOVIES

I believe that the original thinking was that Nick and Judy's friendship would make people hope for the redemption of Zootopia itself as well.

Instead, it just made everybody watching it want those two to go off together and crank out tons of hybrid babies while leaving the city to rot.

It was such an insanely unpleasant setting that nobody watching could understand why anybody would willingly live there; that's a big part of why they not only changed Judy's character but made her the focus rather than Nick as well.

Nick was naturally cynical from the start and it just made an unpleasant place even worse sinc we get a bad impression of it from the start. Judy being more naive and optimistic meant that the city could have flaws but we would still have somebody who could see the good side of it. So our first impression is positive rather than negative though Judy quickly learns that it isn't all that it's cracked up to be either.

Skullgirls was hand-drawn and animated as well, and no one gave a flying fuck outside of specific nerds like me. No one gives a shit what games do, dude.

It wasn't part of the renaissance you uneducated dipshit
but it was their best movie of the 00's

>the Disney Renaissance

But that hasn't happened yet OP.

it was so dark they spent like a year working on amusement park that can't be be used in any form anymore because it's clearly against the message of the final movie.
ah yes, "muh precious noir movie" that was like 50 years late.
I dread what these Hitchcock wannabes will come up with the next time.

>Long John Silver turns good at the end
why do so many treasure island adaptions do this

I misread pens as penis

Atlantis the Lost Empire was better

Oh BOY. I remember the time someone storytimed that shitstorm of a story.

It was fun.