Prison Kino

Just saw this, and it made me feel very giddy. I've also seen American History X and Bronson. What are some other prison/very angry man kinos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/34_C1P8STto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drive
I saw the devil
Old boy 2003
Raid 1&2
In the name of the father
The prophet (French kino)

>Vince Vaughn plays broke bad inmate
Really? How is he getting in it?

*in it

wat

Shot Caller blows it out of the water. Oscar material.

i thought he was excellent, he did calm rage really well imo

post the webm so I can laugh

Maybe all the shitheels that were hating on this movie have gone for the day, but there was at least one dude around here earier who was shitting up every thread, and using webm examples of all the best parts of the movie as illustrations of why he thought it was shit.

I've been avoiding looking in these threads because I was excited to see this. What scenes are they calling shit? The ones that used practical effects?

This movie was FANTASTIC

Great fuckin watch

Starred up

let's be honest, the practical effects were mediocre at best.

I still enjoyed the movie. Felt physically disgusted when they were talking about aborting his babies arms and legs.

One where he is fightning a guard which does looks funny out of context

I had a huge grin on my face during the scene at Gil's house with the baby cutter and creepy old man

Felon is amazing. It blew me away the first time i watched it. Its been like 7 years since ive saw it, maybe its time for a review lol

>that fucking dummy at the end
>the tranquiliser darts the wife keeps getting hit with
>every fucking fight scene
It was unintentionally hilarious but entertaining as fuck because of it.

Naw it was great, because they were both boxers.

But why was the abortionist even coming with the old German to drop her off?

Escape Plan with Stallone and Schwarzenegger

did the other thread slide, already?

thats usually what happens
the shills get totally BTFO.....stop replying...and start a new thread shilling this crap

Probably supposed to get a lift to the airport afterwards or maybe he got mad kung fu skills if things went south

> b-b-b-but its s-ssupposed to be bad

I agree. I enjoyed all of the fights in this film. I even liked the gunfight. I thought the choreography was interesting. The fights were slow and plodding, but deliberate and brutal. I liked the way Vince's character blocks a lot and punches arms and shoulders, etc.

The facility he gets moved to late in the film with Don Johnson as the warden is almost hilariously fictional - or would be, if it wasn't for the constant terrifying visceral brutality.

American Me
Blood In, Blood Out

Yeah but out of context you wouldn't know they're both boxers and it looks funny when they both raise their fists ready to fight at the same time

That is a bit of a hole. I'll let it go due the general grindhouse nature of this movie. He came a long so we could watch her kill him.

>out of context

It really made me wonder whether the true point of Vince Vaughn's brief stay at 'the Fridge' was mainly to make Don Johnson's prison that much more horrifying and disgusting.

No one is saying it's supposed to be bad, you clown. You are kind of alone on this and you'll get tired of it eventually.

The threads are for people who have seen the kino and know it's great, your autism is futile

You should probably hit the gym, anyone can do that after squatting for a couple of months.

That's the only blue-y scene in the movie.

I mean, there are no prisons like that anywhere in America. Almost every single thing they did at that prison is illegal. Up until then, everything else in the movie was pretty realistic in my opinion. And I really liked Vince Vaughan's character.

Would women understand this movie?

At this point he's just posting highlights for us to enjoy.

Understand it? Sure. Sit through it until the end? Maybe not. Understanding the MC's motivation is one thing, and empathizing with the horror his wife goes through is easy enough for most women, I would guess. I watched it over the weekend after my wife went to bed, but my guess is she would have tagged out before the movie was over.

>IT SMELLS LIKE SHIT AND DINNER IN HERE.

I really liked that line for some reason.

My favorite lines would be from the creepy cell neighbour who wanted the guards to eat each other

Amputating all of a baby's limbs while it's still in the womb and keeping it alive is probably the most over the top evil act I've ever heard in a movie. But somehow I still fucking dreaded whether it was going to happen or not, that's some disturbing shit.

>Did you ever try it? Boxing?
>When I was younger.
>Did you get whupped?
>No.

The director's next movie will be epic:

>Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

> Mel Gibson ... Brett Ridgeman
> Vince Vaughn ... Anthony Lurasetti

>The script centers on two policemen, one an old-timer (Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vaughn), who find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

>Unintentional

audio makes up half or more of it you dumb fuck

t. the """television""" of television & film
This thread was asking for film recommendations.

>Shot Caller
>oscar material
tone it down bud

theyre both alright, and clearly one was copied off the other's script and modified

Great film. Nice touch on the spectacles shank.

I don't think that's really fair. I just finished watching Shot Caller and yeah, both of them had families that were in danger but, basically everything else was different.

shit but enjoyable

Escape from Alcatraz
Papillon

R (2010)

Cell 211
Riki-oh

son of a gun (2014)

Scum

I had a blast watching this too. It was silly and bad in many ways, but it was very satisfying. Something about the fight scenes were just so fun. I think it was the lack of shaky cam mixed with him being a tank. It's nice to see a tanky character that's not reveling in how tough he is, he's just taking the hits and using those openings effectively. I also appreciated the scenes that went on for a long time of him just doing things. The way the movie was shot and how it flowed made me think something bad was about to happen in almost every scene. Instead it just slowly moved forward.
They would, but it wouldn't be as fun for them. There's a lot of second hand satisfaction in this movie because we all wish we could be as brutal and tough as he is. Most women don't want to be brutal and tough, but regardless of gender, there's some innate satisfaction in seeing someone take control of their life in a dire situation.

this was an enjoyable little flick.

Carandiru (2003)

>prison kino thread
>no one mentions chopper
youtu.be/34_C1P8STto
Plebs

midnight express

rescue dawn

that jaw coming out is laughable

Yeah some of the violence in this is too ridiculous. They had some really bad props, but it was still fun.

This movie was brutal and engaging, I enjoyed it

The Undisputed, my dude