Lucy Liu as Joan Watson

What went right? Why did forced diversity actually work out here?

Her chemistry with Miller's Holmes is perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dddkUFH68ek?t=51m16s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's incredibly hot and literally everyone loves her

A good character, man or women, is the character first. You dont need to be beaten over the head with their gender or emotions, but what they are capable of, strengths and weaknesses. Any good female character should be able to be replaced by a man and vice versa

Good writing and good acting.

She's a better Watson than Freeman, both because she shows real growth and because Moffat is a hackfraud.

It's because she's a better actress and her role is also meatier. Freeman is only a side dish for Benedict Cumberbatch

This, never met a guy in real life who didn't have a thing for LL

>Why did forced diversity actually work out here?

Because it's Lucy fucking Liu. It's not forced diversity, it's called casting a good fucking actress who only happens to be ethnically diverse.

Because it's a well written character played by a good actress. Everything else is secondary.

Hardline white supremacist racist here, even I'd marry Lucy. You literally can't go wrong casting her in any role.

>and literally everyone loves her
Bill Murray

i love the fact that shes always barefoot at their appartment, she is gorgeous

i hope she wasnt Weinsteined to get this role

>It's not forced diversity
Turning a literary character that's historically been white British and male into a Chinese-American female does seem forced though.

Before it aired I remembered Sherlock fans like Jeremy Jahns saying they wouldn't even bother watching Elementary.

>hey everyone look at me, i'm an edgelord XDDD

Bill Murray has a massive, MASSIVE, ego.

Chevy > Bill

>Turning a literary character that's historically been white British and male into a Chinese-American female does seem forced though.

Think about the larger context. The series takes plenty of liberties while revamping and reinterpreting just about everything about the source material in order to fit into the 21st century better. Watson being an asian woman is no different from her being a sober companion who only ends up becoming a detective due to spending so much time assisting Holmes, or Moriarity being a woman who had a romantic relationship with Holmes.

I'd like to think Bill being hard on her helped her step up her game. Also they said they later worked out their differences.

why do asian women age the best?

Is the show good?

>Moriarity being a woman who had a romantic relationship with Holmes
Funny how in retrospect that twist ended up being tame compared to Watson's special forces spy wife and Sherlock's secret mad genius sister.

it's better than Sherlock

Pretty damn good if you like shows with the more traditional episodic format. Also topnotch chemistry between the two leads.

Has there ever been a less believable woman-with-a-secret-spy-past than miss granny panties here? I swear, the only people on Sherlock who actually sell their roles are the villains.

they tend to look after their skin more and use more sunscreen, also I think their actual skin may be thicker which allows it to keep its shape.

If they have thicker skin then why couldn't elliot rodger handle any criticism at all?

Bad parenting.

I loved this movie.

He inherited his cucked wh*te father's skin

>asian female subservient to white main male character

backwards shit trope

bill murray is an unfunny alcoholic hack. a literal meme that does nothing but stand there and morons applaud him.

>subservient
You have her confused for Sherlock's watson.

Kek this. The friendship/partnership between Sherlock and Joan feels earned.

both shows are garbage

Is season 5 good? I forgot about this show.

holy fuck shes still hot

You're garbage.

Nah, Elementary's one of the good procedural shows and it handles Sherlock's addiction in an interesting way. Sherlock's just insane drivel.

She has more charisma and is more interesting than the actual Watson from the novels and other tv shows

Kek

Yellow always mellow, my dude.

Seriously though, have we even seen Watson ever do anything doctor-y in Sherlock? It's like the only version where Watson just becomes Sherlock's pet instead of being a doctor with a clever friend he likes to solve mysteries with.

First ep made me think he was going to be the muscle or something since he carries a gun and actually used it, but then he was never useful like that again.

The problem is that they made Sherlock too perfect in that show, in Elementary Watson seems even more reasonable than Sherlock at times

God this, I despise egotistical arrogant men, and thats exactly what he is. I hope he wasn't at Harold Ramis' funeral.

I agree for 95% of characters but there are a few exceptions where their gender/race is a defining characteristic.

I kinda feel sorry for him

He's rich.

>She's incredibly hot
There's some movie where Woody Harrelson is giving her head in an alleyway and they are sharing bantz but all I could think was how lucky Woody was to have his head between her thighs.

Her moans were really sexy

When I was a kid and saw Bill Murray in anything it ruined the kino for me. I thought his shtick was unfunny and annoying.

Not as bad as her having to pretend to be in love with the guy she divorced for cheating

he works as a gp you goon.

It is not forced diversity, she is East Aryan and white.

the only time he worked with her was Charlies Angels. Is he really shitting on anyone's performance in that?

that's just an Asian thing

For anyone that's interested
youtu.be/dddkUFH68ek?t=51m16s

THIS

>two finger Dan
Did she know.

If it's the defining characteristic than it shouldn't be swapped.

The difference here is that sherlock has been adapted hundreds of times. In order to make an impression, it needed a gimmick that the others didn't have. Lucy liu wasnt really a forced diversity choice, it was because they needed a gimmicj and a well known but out of work actor. She was a perfect fit.